Damascene Ores

Comments

• Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sasha is just trolling yall in hopes someone actually tries to leave the base with them.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sasha is just trolling yall in hopes someone actually tries to leave the base with them.

I already assumed that. Point is still proven, damascene ore is way to difficult to get based on the odds of re-roll stats and it's quickly killing off r8 reforged for people (aka you're losing money PWI). There that should make them jump into action.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    the database is wrong. people have been saying in this thread that other people in their faction have gotten this egg and couldnt trade the mats.

if someone in your faction gets the rock egg ask for a SS.

remember when the database was just put into the game, and the r9 bow had +80 attack levels and GoF?

the database isnt always right, my experience with the rock eggs shows that this is one of the instances where it is wrong. unless my experience was a fluke, which unless there is actual, in-game ingame evidence, i dont believe that it was a fluke.

This is a place where difference between what the database says and what actually happens creates an opportunity for fraud.

Here's a better idea, why don't you post a SS of you successfully taking one of those rock eggs outside of base? Since you are stating that you can do so without risk of losing the mats. You have nothing to lose, but with with only credibility to be gained - so prove that everyone is wrong instead of having a pointless argument with no proof.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I got the rock egg inside the instance opened it outside. the ores didnt say anything about expring when leaving the area, which i would assume they would say if they were an item that would expire if opened in base, and would keep the tooltip even if glitched, which i dont think is the case.

i traded the egg and opened it outside the base on a bank alt.

i dont think that the place where you open the egg would change the item that comes out, because thats just not how pwi works.

i still suspect the person saying that they got character bound damascene is scamming ther faction to get 60m-150m worth of mats depending on server. the higher the pricetag, the bigger the motivation to steal.

SS or it didn't happen.

I've personally handled these mats, since Trials began they have always had the "scene only" tag. Maybe the warning is bogus and they don't actually poof upon leaving Base, but I doubt many would be willing to try it. This whole notion could be a troll to get people to poof their mats.

I wish they were removable from base, would make more available to me. In my fac "scene only"s are given away for free to attendees who can make use of them. Since my rr8 projects are on alts, I can't get in on the freebies.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    b:angry

not trolling, if they are tradable within the instance than its not really a big deal anyway, the egg that i got was not "scene only" maybe they changed it when they changed it to marshal opening. idk. the thing that grabbed my attention was the idea of people saying "i picked up mats, but they arent tradable, so i guess i have to keep them" which reeks of Bull-****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    b:angry

not trolling, if they are tradable within the instance than its not really a big deal anyway, the egg that i got was not "scene only" maybe they changed it when they changed it to marshal opening. idk. the thing that grabbed my attention was the idea of people saying "i picked up mats, but they arent tradable, so i guess i have to keep them" which reeks of Bull-****.

I'm not sure how many times I have to tell you, but the database has only 1 aurora rock egg and it's instance only. You can't have something that doesn't exist in the database..... soooo yeah.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    @Sasha I never said what you just stated there. I said that the mats are scene only, meaning you can't take them out of the base to trade them/distribute it to the economy. Trading only happens in the base, aka only between your faction. From there the only way to take them out of the base is to open them, which gives you a bound Damascene Ore that is untradable.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Roll a toon on heaven's tear, we've got like 3-4 shops selling them at 12 to 14m each :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure how many times I have to tell you, but the database has only 1 aurora rock egg and it's instance only. You can't have something that doesn't exist in the database..... soooo yeah.

then i guess i was imagining having the rock egg, opening it, selling the mats, and splitting the coin with my faction, my mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    then i guess i was imagining having the rock egg, opening it, selling the mats, and splitting the coin with my faction, my mistake.

Unless you did it all in the faction base before leaving... then it was a hell of a dream.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My suggestion: Exchange for Mysterious chips. I'd be ok with this...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Or better yet, put them in with the Arcanum Treasure as a possible reward =.=
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Or better yet, put them in with the Arcanum Treasure as a possible reward =.=

This isnt a bad idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Put Summerwind Tokens in there too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    And warsoul weapons D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    I just think that for trials 5-9, the reward should be an Arcanum treasure that has a chance to get Hapatizon Whetstones and Damascene Ores. That seems logical in my eyes. It'll provide ores and Hap whetstones to the public, though not mass inflating them into the market.

It took a little bit of time before Oral ores were common in the market. And even then they're still pricey. So I think putting them as a possible reward from a different reward in trials 5-9 would be logical.
  • victor1337
    victor1337 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I think they should be available to none-large factions, which means rewriting this part of the game to allow access to trials other than from faction bases. But then I think all gooners should be reset to 100 and made to grind for 2 hours a day without any help before they can access any other content..

Sorry dreaming again- but restricting these mats to the largest factions was yet another fail idea in the first place.
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    victor1337 wrote: »
    I think they should be available to none-large factions, which means rewriting this part of the game to allow access to trials other than from faction bases. But then I think all gooners should be reset to 100 and made to grind for 2 hours a day without any help before they can access any other content..

Sorry dreaming again- but restricting these mats to the largest factions was yet another fail idea in the first place.

LOL that's asking for everything given to you. GG b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    @victor Even if they are widely available to only large-factions, they're still not available to the public at all. You see many Memorial Coins, Round Shield Medals, Platinum Ores, and Oricalcum Ores in the public market now, even though the ores took a while to become common. But to this day, both Damascene and Hapatizon Ores are non-existent in the public market. Even in a large faction, they're still widely unavailable, as most large factions have 150+ members, and splitting ~6-24 ores a week between that many takes an improbable amount of time.

A lot of members have some recast r8 armor pieces, while others have their weapons, or the combination of the two. So just to reroll once, let's say for myself, I require 9 Damascenes just to reroll once on each piece of equipment. That'll mean roughly ~2 weeks to get the mats only if the faction focused on me only, which is selfish and not right. Multiply that by the at least ~30-40 people who have any recast r8 pieces and that's around 60-80 weeks before I can even recast my armor just once, if I put myself at the end of the list.

Of course that's excluding the 40 Warrior Seals for 1 Damascene.

As Traz said, it's like making 2nd cast nirvy weapon's each reforge attempt require 50 raptures, as well as 20 of a material that you can only farm once a week and is untradable. That analogy is not exaggerating at all either.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    And warsoul weapons D:

At this point, they should hold a Warsoul sale, I could use a new toy weapon to play with, the Morai sword I got earlier is getting boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    With the amount of raw info and numerous people saying how crazy it is I demand admin response D:
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It should be made more available, I'd have to completely agree to it...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    I demand some kind of response higher than a moderator on this.

Reading at least my post before replying would be sufficient. We know about the Aurora Agent, we know it'll destroy the economy more than it has already if it's implemented as is. But is there a better way to get these ores?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    I just price checked, the cost to re-roll on Dreamweaver is about 65m, the cost of a new plate from scratch is 55m WTF GMs.....

b:sad
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    and btw what's the point of r8 recast if one recast piece +1 reforge is expensive as getting one piece of rank 9

this thing has deftly to be sorted out by gms...

at actual prices.... :

r8 plate = 1mil

r9 plate = 14 gst + 2 mog = 90 to 110mil

r8 recast plate = 55-65mil base plus 60mil each reforge (it's stated that it needs 20+ reforge to get decent stats)

THIS IS MADNESS
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Muuusstt havee......Damascene....Ores..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    OMG GM WE NEEED MOAR APS NAOOO!!!

It's NOT enough that I have 5APS SPARKEED!

I need 5APS UNSPARKED or 5APS WIFF MY R9 DAGGERRRZ!

I WANT IT NAAAOOOO AND CHEAPPP!!

You hear ME GMZ!!! NAOOO!!!

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    OMG GM WE NEEED MOAR APS NAOOO!!!

It's NOT enough that I have 5APS SPARKEED!

I need 5APS UNSPARKED or 5APS WIFF MY R9 DAGGERRRZ!

I WANT IT NAAAOOOO AND CHEAPPP!!

You hear ME GMZ!!! NAOOO!!!

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

You think it's acceptable that re-rolling a piece of gear costs more then the piece of gear itself?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Nah, it's just a troll who didn't bother to read my message, and just assumed I was a QQing OP sin begging for cheaper stuff.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Nah, it's just a troll who didn't bother to read my message, and just assumed I was a QQing OP sin begging for cheaper stuff.

Well, technically you are. Your begging for easier means counts as QQ, you're asking for cheaper things and you're an R9 sin.

Just pointing it out.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.