Damascene Ores

Options

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well, technically you are. Your begging for easier means counts as QQ, you're asking for cheaper things and you're an R9 sin.

Just pointing it out.

Asking and begging are different, much like being a smartass and being stupid are different.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Asking and begging are different, much like being a smartass and being stupid are different.

Since I am a nice guy, I won't bust out a dictionary here, but I'm pretty sure asking strongly is the definition of begging. And since Skai stated, I quote, "I demand some kind of response higher than a moderator on this", I would say that counts as "asking strongly".

So yeah, it's begging.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Not really easier means. More like more realistic means.

The time I spend trying to get even 6 Damascenes myself would be long enough to farm a full 2nd cast nirvy set with the daggers included.

But that's not what I am aiming to farm. This is more unrealistic farming than recast r9. At the rate Damascenes seem to be going, farming recast r9 looks like a faster option. But then again that's not what I'm aiming for.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Not really easier means. More like more realistic means.

The time I spend trying to get even 6 Damascenes myself would be long enough to farm a full 2nd cast nirvy set with the daggers included.

But that's not what I am aiming to farm. This is more unrealistic farming than recast r9. At the rate Damascenes seem to be going, farming recast r9 looks like a faster option. But then again that's not what I'm aiming for.

Oh but recasting your weapon and belt will come next after you get the armor done. Might as well do that while you wait for the Damascene market to blossom.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well that's actually true. But I never farm nirvy unless x2 is on. Mainly because I'm both lazy and RT is really horrible in having active nirvy runs throughout the day.

So at the moment the only free time I have ingame is enough to do dailies.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well that's actually true. But I never farm nirvy unless x2 is on. Mainly because I'm both lazy and RT is really horrible in having active nirvy runs throughout the day.

So at the moment the only free time I have ingame is enough to do dailies.

I'd tell them there is a big difference between wanting something easier and wanting something to be fair.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'd tell them there is a big difference between wanting something easier and wanting something to be fair.

In that case please proceed to complain about the odds of -interval on recast R8. See how long it takes before someone starts raging about 5 aps R9.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    @Olbaze In my opinion that's not a good comparison in what my post is about. The stats are there, but it's pointless to think about the stats when getting the mats to recast are next to impossible on a decent time scale.

I expect to at least reshape once or twice after doing a week's worth of trials. And that's not really asking too much considering I can reforge/reroll the stats on my 2nd cast nirvy bow after doing nirvy for ~2 hours.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    In that case please proceed to complain about the odds of -interval on recast R8. See how long it takes before someone starts raging about 5 aps R9.

1. I'm saying make the system fair, not make damascene ore like candy and everyone can just grab them from a dish.

2. People rage about everything so worry about that is pointless

3. People should be raging about me getting to 2.0 with my +12 r9 axes before they rage over an already OP fish being 1 more atk/sec.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• masteraiden
    masteraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    they are really hard to get
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You still don't get it, no one has said a word to me. There is only one rock egg in the DB unlike the damascene ore... and the rock egg says it's

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8601/aurorarockegg.png

I have no idea how you got it outside of the instance. It's obviously not working like it should. That's the only aurora rock egg in existence and it states it's suppose to expire when you leave the area and it is suppose to give the second type of damascene ore pack that also expires when leaving the area..... sooooooo I have no idea at this point.

b:surrender

I'm not sure if anyone cleared this up for you yet but, when you get this item you need to open it and you will get 6 of the damascene ore (The pack is tradeable but when opened they are bound) If you log off before opening this pack, it will drop on the ground (first hand experience here when I DCed trying to figure out who was getting it) and someone picked it back up. As for if you directly leave faction base I would assume it would just drop where you were standing inside the base. Hopefully that helps some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone cleared this up for you yet but, when you get this item you need to open it and you will get 6 of the damascene ore (just like the ones that drop from the bosses so they are tradeable)

No, you will get the almost identical Ores that also have the "scene only" tag and must be distributed and opened before leaving base.

If you log off before opening this pack, it will drop on the ground (first hand experience here when I DCed trying to figure out who was getting it) and someone picked it back up. As for if you directly leave faction base I would assume it would just drop where you were standing inside the base.

Hmm, interesting safety feature, was unaware of this. Wonder if the Ores do the same thing.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    trial easy mode can be done with 20 ppl. no need to be in the top 3 factions...

also, lot of ppl who want to buy them dont even bother to do trials, even when they are in a faction that does them
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    trial easy mode can be done with 20 ppl. no need to be in the top 3 factions...

You know how much the drops differ when runnning in Easy mode?
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You know how much the drops differ when runnning in Easy mode?
    Drops are exactly the same for all three sets of Trials. The only thing that changes with each successive set is difficulty, mobs have more HP and hit harder. Finally cleared Trial 8 Set 3 last night, nothing but Coins all night :( . At least my faction's distribution policy makes up for it by awarding more credit towards group drops when participating in the higher sets.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    They are to hard to get, there will be another way soon...I hope.
    No more buying zen untill they are available, there is nothing else I want :(

Points to sign ->
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    skai, vati farmed this in levi http://i40.tinypic.com/6yjvx5.png
    join us!
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    QQ I want to reshape my boots some more
  • Torzen - Lost City
    Torzen - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    well i can only say one thing

u want r8 recast then make or Merge some factions thogeder so that u may have in the fac more than 100 members online so u will do the trails how they must be done and get those ores more fast

that is what i say to do and then u will be pleased b:victory
    i only get chips from bh 100

never oppened a pack that dosent gives tokens

got worst luck in pwi

and i still try
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    well i can only say one thing

u want r8 recast then make or Merge some factions thogeder so that u may have in the fac more than 100 members online so u will do the trails how they must be done and get those ores more fast

that is what i say to do and then u will be pleased b:victory

What you said is very misleading. What you meant to say is that is how the FACTION gets them fast. It does not mean you will necessarily get them awarded to you. Everyone that is getting r8 needs damascene ore no matter how much they say they don't really care to re-roll their pieces (other then -int people). If it was easier to get they would care, but there are such big lines for major factions to get out damascene ore to people it's ridiculous. We aren't even talking about the people that aren't in those type of factions that can do it that are sitting with their plate and 0 damascene making it to the market (aka me).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    My faction does trials daily, and there still isn't enough Damascenes to supply the faction.

That's the problem.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    My faction does trials daily, and there still isn't enough Damascenes to supply the faction.

That's the problem.

Let alone those poor souls not even in one of those factions. b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    eh i dont do base quest no more,nor trials no more due to...nevermind they jsut boring as hell.All this stuff came a day late and a dollar short,hf peeps.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Monday is payday, if there is no damascene ores after next maintenance I just buy another surround system insted of Zenb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Monday is payday, if there is no damascene ores after next maintenance I just buy another surround system insted of Zenb:dirty

How about you farm coin while waiting and purchase the surround system?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    How about you farm coin while waiting and purchase the surround system?

I only farm on 2x b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I only farm on 2x b:chuckle

Then you're doing it wrong O.o
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well at this rate I doubt any GM would shed light on this. We've already read all about the Aurora Agent. Can't there be other ways to get Damascenes?
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i wish they would just put damascenes int he Arcanum Treasure. Same w/ Hapz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Umm....*looks around suspiciously* A few ppl from my faction have actually got the Damascene Ores to recast a couple times...they have horrible luck recasting so far though lol

I asked for ya Skai and they said its unlikely to sell them to non Valkies but I guess if you spoke to someone Marshal of higher in Valk maybe they'd be willing to sell ya?

Just thought I'd throw the info out there.

Apparently we get through all 9 trials in a week as well o.O
    Although trial 9 hurts like a truck x.x

btw anyone knw how many chienkun stone are needed to transfer wep refines when recasting r8? Is it the same requirement for nirvy gear?