How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Options

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On a pve server, you could only pk there if you had a white name, meaning you were willing to do pvp. The point is, it still needs to be that way. Keep SP how it is, just make it so only white names can pk and be pked in there, problem solved.

I like a good pvp area, but it has to have nothing for players that do not want to pvp, to do in it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On a pve server, you could only pk there if you had a white name, meaning you were willing to do pvp. The point is, it still needs to be that way. Keep SP how it is, just make it so only white names can pk and be pked in there, problem solved.

I like a good pvp area, but it has to have nothing for players that do not want to pvp, to do in it.

That's how it should have been from the start, but they made it prohibited for ANYONE to do ANY PK in SP, even if the player willing chose to go white name it wasn't allowed.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's how it should have been from the start, but they made it prohibited for ANYONE to do ANY PK in SP, even if the player willing chose to go white name it wasn't allowed.

I'm pretty sure this was due to things going on in pvp servers. High levels killing every low level they came across. I agree that in a pve server, if you are white named you have no reason to complain about being pked but in a pvp server oddly enough I say you do since you may not want to pk at that particular moment.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • dustinashe
    dustinashe Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kyrinrayne wrote: »
    Honestly while I feel having PVP in SP creates a laser tag type environment for those that enjoy pvp for those of us who don't pvp this rule stinks.

At least allow those of us who have no wish to participate in pvp to not be attack & killed. I resent the fact you are forcing us to have to deal with someone else's idea of fun. I love to quest with my friends & don't want to pvp ever. So now I won't be able to do bounties in SP without paying extra funds to get there while those who PVP get a free area to kill each other. Thanks loads.

Why on earth have the PK button if you force everyone whether they click on it or not to be on PK mode?
    And what of those people that pked in SP before the rule was changed?

Please fix the system so those of us who do NOT want to pk can be allowed to enjoy our game while still allowing those that enjoy PK to enjoy theirs. Ensure that only those folks that click the PK button will be subjected to PK environment.
    Leave the rest of us who enjoy questing & spending time with our friends alone.

Thanks
    Mer

i agree with you wholeheartedly

DA
  • dustinashe
    dustinashe Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ehh i like it you can find some pvp if your bored and not have to worry about safety lock. Im not sure how it is on other servers but when i was in the main room on my boyfriends sin everyone, even the lvl 60's let the lowbies doing eido wheel etc do their thing and left hem alone. I even helped a party get some quests done lol.

I only killed one group doing a quest, but they were A.) All standing on the same spot b) all 90+ , how can you not cotd + subsea + earthern in that situation lol

well you should have to worry about safety lock.
    basically, massacre come to mind.

I have never, nor do i wish to PK.
    My choice doesnt seem to matter anymore here.

DA
  • angeleyes143
    angeleyes143 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I for one feel that seeing that Heaven's Tear is a NON pvp server this is why many of us choose this server in the first place. At the time i joined pwi this was the only server that was not pvp so why are we being forced to be involved in pvp activities? Why is Heaven's Tear being forced into pvp? When they all started the game they had a choice to make and trust me they had more choices than us who just wanted to play and have fun did. Yet now they are on this sever with the QQing cause its doesn't have enough pvp for them. Well then they should have chosen a different server from the beginning!

Not only that but now as the leader of a guild which also does not do TW as we do not want to be involved in pvp, we now have to take squads into secret passage so your lower level members can do quest or fbs or bhs. So now even more time is taken from us higher levels to help out our lower levels.
  • WidowDee - Heavens Tear
    WidowDee - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ehh i like it you can find some pvp if your bored and not have to worry about safety lock. Im not sure how it is on other servers but when i was in the main room on my boyfriends sin everyone, even the lvl 60's let the lowbies doing eido wheel etc do their thing and left hem alone. I even helped a party get some quests done lol.

I only killed one group doing a quest, but they were A.) All standing on the same spot b) all 90+ , how can you not cotd + subsea + earthern in that situation lol

not so on HT server. we have a gangland attitude going on there. so what fun is that for the ones trying to do their quests if they die and go to orchid temple, lose exp, have to come back only to be killed again by some self important twit who can 1 shot someone 60-70 levels lower than they are? I guess they are all 12 year olds full of frustration that have to kick the dog just because they can. b:angry
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lets make west gate forced pvp too and silver pool?

yeah sp is *** and yeah most people intending to kill another also 99% of the time are aiming to bag a few lowbee kills in the fray.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Siannan - Lost City
    Siannan - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    totally opposed to this move and also on an additional note, considering they screwed up the coding- as others ahve said- either move the pvp arena or move silver frost, or is this pwi's way of pushing the self destruct button via its own players, seriously pwi, what the hell were you guys on when you coded this- if its a **** up from the tourney- dont u guys have backup coding for issues where you might have to rollback gameplay, or did u guys wake up one day and say to yourselves "how many players can we **** off today across the servers with this new move" ffs move it to cave of sadistic glee- no one does tha damn quest in there and its perfectly situated for all pvpers... come on guys get ur heads outta the sand for once an look about
  • Pradera - Sanctuary
    Pradera - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Concept is perfect but the location is the worst possible place.

Totally agree.
  • thirteencent
    thirteencent Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I can't help but to think this was a major boo boo, why in the world would you force blue named toons to be Pked?
    AND then NOT tell anyone that their charms are going to be r*ped.
    if you intentionally made SP a pvp/pk/ area you would NOT make it to where if your not in PK mode, you would die!
    PWI, we're not stupid!
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You have the choice not to do them, so technically not required.

Sometimes required? Okayyy, I'm not sure how that makes any sense, but Shade Eido, Dismal, and Qingzi aren't required; they're blue quests. When you hyper 20 level past the level range, the quests are not there anymore, so completely optional. Culti on the other hand stays no matter what level a person or AKA the yellow quests.

Again anytime I've leveled to 29 on any alt or even a main, I ALWAYS do fbs with factions I'm in. If I ding, a faction mate asks "Did you do your fb?" Most of the time fb bosses ARE REQUIRED. You can't get past culti without an fb. Your logic is irrelevant, you love pvp so much come to Harshlands. I'll show you a lot of love.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You also have the choice to not pk there, so your argument is irrelevant.
    With THAT "logic" your arguement is still invalid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Again anytime I've leveled to 29 on any alt or even a main, I ALWAYS do fbs with factions I'm in. If I ding, a faction mate asks "Did you do your fb?" Most of the time fb bosses ARE REQUIRED. You can't get past culti without an fb. Your logic is irrelevant, you love pvp so much come to Harshlands. I'll show you a lot of love.

You can stone in to hall of deception, but Qingzi is not required for culti. You can power level straight past 30 and never have to meet him.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You can stone in to hall of deception, but Qingzi is not required for culti. You can power level straight past 30 and never have to meet him.

What if you want to meet him. Sit down have some tea or coffee. He's not so bad when you really get to know him.b:chuckle

Also the stone doesn't always mean safe passage as the mobs in the room to his door or pk'ers can get you in the couple seconds you are frozen there before porting in.

Not everyone powerlevels. Many people abhor it(personally i think to each his own, don't do it, but don't care if other's do). I've run the Qinzi dungeon about 400-500 times now. It's a great little dungeon and teaches new players alot(if run in a squad of their level). Also if TB's want a shot at a legendary dagger for free it is required. It's also cheaper than powerlevelling to just BH through the 40's(takes a week to 10 days if you know what you're doing, and leave the TB quests for level 50 when the BH's are much slower).
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

You are a perfect example of why PWI has FAILED to be a legit game.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    one question comes to mind when i heard this: "why SP?" seriously, i'm sure their are other places they could have put that feature in a PVE server. there is a reason i chose to go with a PVE server, to aviod PVP. this place will be a source of alot of grief. altho i never been there since this change i can see it.

imagine all the brand new players running into the place and some R9 jack*** keeps killing them. they are new so they wouldn't know about the tele stones in archo (i personally didn't even bother with them until i was like level 50.).

i understand some people in PVE servers like to PK (altho why they came to a PVE server i don't know) and by all means, give them a place to PK to their hearts content, but NOT in a place where lowbies are gonna get caught in the crossfire.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Originally Posted by Traz - Dreamweaver View Post
    Concept is perfect but the location is the worst possible place.

Agree 100%.

Should have been Cave of Sadistic Glee rather than SP .. Glee is pretty much a dead instance, it's close to a town with a bank etc ... It be perfect

Agree 100%. There's also a fact that it's not much further from Thousand Streams like Archosaur is from SP.

Originally Posted by JanusZeal - Heavens Tear View Post
    This wasn't something discussed with players on whether or not they like this idea and gauge it's popularity

Also if I recall, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the reason PKing in SP baneable in the first place because people complained of the PKing there?

I think the devs broke something and this was a excuse to not fix it.... if you look at the map what would have made more sense for a open PVP area is Cave of Sadistic Glee as it has no purpose other than two optional bosses

Having SP free PVP zone makes it more a hassle for people to get their Wraith's Ploy done... the quests in SP are relevant to gaining access to the other areas in the game.

.........What haven't they not broken?......

Glee would have been a much better choice and an even better challenge for PKers. After all, set up against higher level mobs and players? Now that's something to brag about.

Yes, I'm again agreeing with this completely. SP has too many quests in it for it to even be a good place thought of to PK in. Blues names? .......This just adds it on an even worse basis.

SP may have been a PK enabled instance in an early version of the game, but these days with so many quests for lower leveled players and not being able to fulfill them without getting PKed on site just doesn't sit well with me.

Not everyone power levels, nor can new players even afford it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    was kinda bad idea because lowies not always have money to use the Illusion Stone npc to tele. Is good because we need more places to pvp and if they want to real lvl without getting pked even doing their quests, they should had made a char on pve server. anyway im neutral on this. because its very rare i go pvp on secret passage where are most of lowies. dont think people that likes pvp, go to there kill all the lowies just to get on top of ranking. but there's all kinda of people.. so many go. btw lol
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the devs broke something and this was a excuse to not fix it.... if you look at the map what would have made more sense for a open PVP area is Cave of Sadistic Glee as it has no purpose other than two optional bosses

Having SP free PVP zone makes it more a hassle for people to get their Wraith's Ploy done... the quests in SP are relevant to gaining access to the other areas in the game.

Well they'll eventually change it, once the games ratings TANK, and they start loosing massive amounts of players b:chuckle then maybe they'll see the rest of the servers that cover the rest of the world are there and not just the china server..b:victory WTH were they thinking anyways b:shocked SADISTIC GLEE was the ideal spot for this sort of Pk present but they NERFED it instead by putting it in SP... LoLzzz b:laugh
  • kelo121
    kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's really fun, actually.

It's about time they made a new free-pvp arena with no risks.
    So i support that.

But the bad thing is you can PK blue names, and everything else that has probably been said already.

So Neutral for me.

When I'm in there on my 7x wiz I PK everybody above level ~50-60 (if i can, lol), because they can't be in there for quests or BH29, so thats free game and they're probably in there for the same reason I am. And it can't be griefing for them as they have no quests in there.

(This is all from a PVP server perspective..I haven't been on this sanctuary archer for months. I don't really know what it's like on a pve server)

ehhh dude,you are only 7x
    i dont think you can pretend being a police there
    cause a 7x is like a piece of ****.
    you are nothing,just like the 30-50 ppl
    i would've came to you and PK you first.
    keep in mind,never pretend being a police.
    i will always be there with my 105 Sin.
    i could perma-stun you in the open field and let you be LOL-ed by those in SP.
    a 7x can do nothing,you're still weak
    happy PK-ing kid
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Did I say PK was required? No. I'm simply stating you have the choice to go there or not, no one is forcing you like it's mandatory.

It's not mandatory to roflpwn every bluename either, next to kill count what is the point anyway?
    If you don't want challenge you can always opt out of doing a forced PvP quest then. It doesn't matter what server you're on; PvE or PvP, there are instances that are forced PvP like DT, Delta, Warsong, PvP tournament, TW, are all PvP based, even if you're a blue name.

aaaand do blue names get killed in there? no.

(edit: I'll agree on you here tho, TW is and will always remain a personal choice, even for a bluename Other than that... no)

This is just another one of those instances, like it or not. PvP instances exist on PvE servers. PvE server doesn't mean there is absolutely 0 PvP at all. If that were truly the case then there would be no TW, no PK mode option, no PvP instances or PvP at all.

contradiction.
    The PvE server name is misleading, all the instances are the same as the PvP server's except with the option to turn PK mode off in world map.

For someone so vehement on pointing out lower lvls have the OPTION not to go into pk mode, NOT doing those quests your sounding very hypocrytical, contradicting and down right ignorant of the fact; the choice was given at the start of joining a server to opt out of in of pvp whilst doing PVE

As it is now, Whilst questing the people that apparently Opted out from that are FORCED into pvp whilst wanting to do their quests. And that is the whole story behind it.

every bluename that does not want to pk will agree (more than likely) that giving the people who do want to pk their own little place to be badass e-peen waggers is a good idea.
    but NOT if it obstructs and forces them into doing something when their goal is something entirely different.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's not mandatory to roflpwn every bluename either, next to kill count what is the point anyway?

Except Dan doesn't kill every blue name he sees. If you knew him you wouldn't direct such a comment against him.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kelo121 wrote: »
    ehhh dude,you are only 7x
    i dont think you can pretend being a police there
    cause a 7x is like a piece of ****.
    you are nothing,just like the 30-50 ppl
    i would've came to you and PK you first.
    keep in mind,never pretend being a police.
    i will always be there with my 105 Sin.
    i could perma-stun you in the open field and let you be LOL-ed by those in SP.
    a 7x can do nothing,you're still weak
    happy PK-ing kid

! !!LOLZz, WELL SAID!! ! b:laugh Nowadays even 80s & 90s R being Mulched.. A 70s LA Doesn't have a good chance of PKing anyone short of Low Levs; like a certain NEWB 70s BM "whose name will go unmentioned, for his own sake" Who tride to pk my SIN in Cube foyer as I entered it 2 days ago b:chuckle I just sat there and (type/Taunted) him since he couldn't even hit my SIN thanks too dex ROFL!! b:victory in the end he RAN AWAY outta the Cube, he wasn't even worth retaliating on.... LoLzz b:laugh
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Except dan doesn't kill every blue name he sees. If you knew him you wouldn't direct such a comment against him.

He's defending the pk, as do you. If you don't want PVE'ers hating on you, then don't support it at all. Otherwise, fair or not, I and others will lump you as part of the problem, not the solution.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Except dan doesn't kill every blue name he sees. If you knew him you wouldn't direct such a comment against him.

I'm not directing it personally at him either. just debating his statements with my own and my i think they sound the way they do. nowhere in the post above did i adress him personally exept in the last bit where i spoke to him about being contradictive and hypocrytical.

Edit ninja'd:

And that' where the part comes into play for it being hypocritical.

the choice of opting in of out of pvp whilst doing pve related things is given at the start of the server.
    and now they are being forced into it.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not directing it personally at him either. just debating his statements with my own and my i think they sound the way they do. nowhere in the post above did i adress him personally exept in the last bit where i spoke to him about being contradictive and hypocrytical.

Edit ninja'd:

And that' where the part comes into play for it being hypocritical.

the choice of opting in of out of pvp whilst doing pve related things is given at the start of the server.
    and now they are being forced into it.

His point is that as of now, you would make the choice to go into SP to do this quest, just like how you would make the choice to enter DT to do a quest. In case you didn't know, DT has a quest chain too, with a boss fight, and about 100m worth of stuff you can dig up every week. It doesn't involve fighting other people at all.

The only thing you're required to do in SP would be past map, and I suppose the boss can be moved away. However, the other quests are really not that meaningful. Much less so than DT for that matter.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    His point is that as of now, you would make the choice to go into SP to do this quest, just like how you would make the choice to enter DT to do a quest. In case you didn't know, DT has a quest chain too, with a boss fight, and about 100m worth of stuff you can dig up every week. It doesn't involve fighting other people at all.

As far as I know DT isn't linked to culti, Silver Frost is. You don't have a choice to do it if you want to finish your culti.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options

Why on earth would i have ro reconsider the choice of doing something pve related because pvp obstructs it when i should be able to assume to do my things because i made the choice and technically an agreement with pwi that i would not have to pvp if i didn't want to?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why on earth would i have ro reconsider the choice of doing something pve related because pvp obstructs it when i should be able to assume to do my things because i made the choice and technically an agreement with pve that i would not have to pvp if i didn't want to?

Then explain how DT has always been accepted? Or did you never even know there was a quest chain in there? I first discovered DT with the find quest button BTW.