How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Comments

• buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I was on my seeker with a few other fac mates tonight & we had a blast trying to pk each other was great learning experience BUT we did have a few mishaps w/ the lower lvls getting caught in aoe & all ._.; i love the concept but dear god move it from where lower lvls have quests to take care of!b:surrender

Note player on Sanctuary says there are mishaps in SP involving lower levels. Thank you for admitting that and I may have been your mishap(though I doubt it, think i got popped by a wizzy). b:chuckle
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They want to spend big bucks, PK without consequence, AND not have to pay $1 extra to bind anything, THEN go to sleep feeling better about themselves. GG

???WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE ARENA ???

ALSO, a low lvl newbie (unless he/she is wearing HA), will likely have a rough time teleporting into FB 29, because if there is any lag at all they will get pummeled by the nearby mobs during entry.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I was on my seeker with a few other fac mates tonight & we had a blast trying to pk each other was great learning experience BUT we did have a few mishaps w/ the lower lvls getting caught in aoe & all ._.; i love the concept but dear god move it from where lower lvls have quests to take care of!b:surrender
    accidents hapens :-) we al know that but when we have high lv player that only goes after the week one then we have a problem
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Obviously I strongly oppose. Watched enough people on my server PKing everything and anything including lower levels, it's just not fair on them. If my level 40s running through to do BH29 wanted to get PKed everytime they tried to run through...or just run anywhere in general, I'd be back on Harshlands server where I was before.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah if they wanna add an instance solely for the purpose of pking whoever you want even if blue named that's fine with me.

Secret Passage is a lowbie instance. Frankie stating that lowbies have no reason to be there is a joke. Really...they have no reason to be there? Why do lvl 100+s have a reason to be where lvl 20s-40s go to quest?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you wanted to be really technical, blue names are already safe from the hazards of PK: Dropping items or gear. Main reason being is because it's Instance PvP, not Open map PK, there is a difference as there's GA loss involved in Open Map PK, whereas instance PvP is totally safe.

And to further the technicality, Silver Frost is required for 10X culti fairy, therefore you technically aren't getting griefed as a low level at 10x still are you? Granted you get the quest at level 70, you can't claim the quest being absolutely mandatory if you don't need the quest done until you're going for the 100 fairy.

Another realization is that most people doing their Silver Frost run in with a 10X player to tank/solo it for them anyways, you can't really claim low level grief with a player assisting you in squad, so traveling with a squad isn't such a big deal. It's not like you can solo those kinds of bosses effectively at that level anyways. Who can actually solo their own FBs at that level? My points stands.

Why do people never complain about Instance PvP being enabled in Cube? That's part of Chrono/Culti in Room 38 too, yet you may PK blue names inside without the banning and ticketing, but you couldn't PK in SP? Total BS imo. If it is interfering with a required quest, Culti, then PKing in Rooms other than Room 1 should have been bannable too, in all technicality, as it interferes with culti. Fail logic there.

So if you want to say you're being forced into doing a PvP quest at 10x like the Cube Room 38 or SP Silver Frost, you can't really be complaining about higher levels killing you, you should be able to defend yourself by then. And the next question would be what would you have to defend yourself from? Q has stated everything pretty clearly, there really is no risk at all, he just posted a screen-shot of his 2x mystic standing there in SP un-charmed.

Anyways, don't misunderstand me, it would be nice if blue names weren't kill-able inside SP, but then it wouldn't be considered instance PvP like the Cube. Instance PvP is quite different from open map PK. If it weren't a free-for-all inside, then it would cost GAs, and you wouldn't be able to buff in safe zone. That's the mechanics of pretty much any instance PvP if you've noticed. If you die in Rebirth, Cube, Warsong, Blood Arena, PWIC, DT, Tournament, you get ported out without any GA loss, as it is free for all instance PvP. However; if it isn't free-for-all instance PvP, then it costs GAs as it's open map PK. There is a difference between instance PvP and open map PK, where you can lose stuff. And last I checked, SP is an instance, no different from the DT, Rebirth, Warsong, Cube, Tournament, Blood Arena, PWIC instances. They're all instances, and not open map PK.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the devs broke something and this was a excuse to not fix it.... if you look at the map what would have made more sense for a open PVP area is Cave of Sadistic Glee as it has no purpose other than two optional bosses

Having SP free PVP zone makes it more a hassle for people to get their Wraith's Ploy done... the quests in SP are relevant to gaining access to the other areas in the game.
    'optional bosses' coming from someone who I'm pretty sure has the same attitude as zoe (all quests have to be done derp)
    Why on earth would i have ro reconsider the choice of doing something pve related because pvp obstructs it when i should be able to assume to do my things because i made the choice and technically an agreement with pwi that i would not have to pvp if i didn't want to?

the only agreement players and pwi have is the terms of service. ToS states they can make these changes to gameplay and if you do not accept the terms you are instructed to uninstall. So please, stop the QQ or get to the pew pew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you wanted to be really technical, blue names are already safe from the hazards of PK: Dropping items or gear.

And to further the technicality, Silver Frost is required for 10X culti fairy, therefore you technically aren't getting griefed as a low level at 10x still are you? Granted you get the quest at level 70, you can't claim the quest being absolutely mandatory if you don't need the quest done until you're going for the 100 fairy.

Another realization is that most people doing their Silver Frost run in with a 10X player to tank/solo it for them anyways, you can't really claim low level grief with a player assisting you in squad, sot raveling with a squad isn't such a big deal. It's not like you can solo those kinds of bosses effectively at that level anyways. Who can actually solo their own FBs at that level? My points stands.

So if you want to say you're being forced into doing a PvP quest at 10x, you can't really be complaining about higher levels killing you, you should be able to defend yourself by then. And the next question would be what would you have to defend yourself from? Q has stated everything pretty clearly, there really is no risk at all, he just posted a screen-shot of his 2x mystic standing there in SP un-charmed.

Anyways, don't misunderstand me, it would be nice if blue names weren't kill-able inside SP, but then it wouldn't be considered instance PvP. If it weren't a free-for-all inside, then it would cost GAs, and you wouldn't be able to buff in safe zone. That's the mechanics of pretty much any instance if you've noticed. If you die in Rebirth, DT, Tournament, you get ported out without any GA loss, as you can PK blue names inside. However; if you cannot PK blue names inside, then it costs GA as it's open map PK. There is a difference between instance PvP and open map PK, where you can lose stuff.

And when the player your helping gets PKed while your killing frost? That's what happened to me today when I was helping a player. She got PKed and didn't get her kill. I had to go back with her, PK the guy myself and kill frost again. Was freaking annoying.

And any point made in this post hasn't much meaning. Point is players are having a hard time dealing with all this PKing in an instance clearly not meant to be PKed in without adjustments which were never made.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    maitatsu wrote: »
    And when the player your helping gets PKed while your killing frost? That's what happened to me today when I was helping a player. She got PKed and didn't get her kill. I had to go back with her, PK the guy myself and kill frost again. Was freaking annoying.

And any point made in this post hasn't much meaning. Point is players are having a hard time dealing with all this PKing in an instance clearly not meant to be PKed in without adjustments which were never made.

You just proved my point, SP is an instance, not open map PK. It's no different from Cube. It's not supposed to be easy, if it were that easy you'd be able to run Cube without ever being PKed on any given day. Instance PvP should have always been free-for-all, in consistency with other instances. You don't lose Exp from cube if you die from the mobs, you simply get ported back to room 1.

Don't use the pure PvE on a PvE server argument either. That's totally invalid because you cannot possibly avoid PvP even on a PvE server in Cube. It's forced PvP in PvP instances, SP just happens to be one of those.

Answer me this:
    Why do people never complain about Instance PvP being enabled in Cube? That's part of Chrono/Culti in Room 38 too, yet you may PK blue names inside without the banning and ticketing, but you couldn't PK in SP? Total BS imo. If it is interfering with a required quest, Culti, then PKing in Rooms other than Room 1 should have been bannable too, in all technicality, as it interferes with culti. Fail logic there.

• maitatsu
    edited September 2011
    You just proved my point, it's instance PvP. SP is an instance, not open map PK.

Answer me this:

What point? And it was only a PvP in instance in the game's older version. It has not been that way for a good while now.

And there are many instances non-PK, just what are you even refering to?

Edit: I'm not even comparing this to the cube since there are no quests to be done there.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Ohh come on dan you know they do QQ about that alot haha.

Here's a QQ thread about cube that's 50 pages long lol.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1134761
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    What point? And it was only a PvP in instance in the game's older version. It has not been that way for a good while now.

And there are many instances non-PK, just what are you even refering to?

Edit: I'm not even comparing this to the cube since there are no quests to be done there.

It should be compared to cube, because Room 38 is required for Culti 100.

What people are pretty much suggesting on PvE servers is to turn Instance PvP off? Lol, imagine losing EXP and GAs in Cube, Warsong, Rebirth, Blood Arena, DT, Tournament, PWIC. Do people even consider the implications of wanting to turn instance PvP off in PvE servers? There would probably be even more QQ about people losing EXP in cube, Delta, etc.

Instance PvP has it's benefits for PvErs too, if you die from a mob, such as the ball in Room 14/34, you don't lose GAs.

So in all technicality, if you die from Shade Eido, Dismal shade, at least you don't lose Exp with Instance PvP being enabled.
    Ohh come on dan you know they do QQ about that alot haha.

Here's a QQ thread about cube that's 50 pages long lol.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1134761

What made interrupting culti unacceptable in SP, but not in cube? Doesn't seem consistent to me. I mean bannable for PK in SP, but not SP? Meh.

• _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    thedan when i see u iam gona pop u to ur pve server and let u stay there
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    theDan is always right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    thedan when i see u iam gona pop u to ur pve server and let u stay there

I'm scurred.

• Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    The Dan needs to give up. I 100% agree with him, but I learned that it isn't only rt subforums where logic with supporting well thought out arguements and evidence is not only blatantly ignored, but ridiculed as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Dan needs to give up. I 100% agree with him, but I learned that it isn't only rt subforums where logic with supporting well thought out arguements and evidence is not only blatantly ignored, but ridiculed as well.

Try the sin forums too. Bunch of idiots in there...

I've been working on my HA Veno. Level 40 now. I trashed the Statues quest because I know there's no way in hell I'm going to get the stuff I need. Why should I bother?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • maitatsu
    edited September 2011
    It should be compared to cube, because Room 38 is required for Culti 100.

What people are pretty much suggesting on PvE servers is to turn Instance PvP off? Lol, imagine losing EXP and GAs in Cube, Warsong, Rebirth, Blood Arena, DT, Tournament, PWIC.

Instance PvP has it's benefits for PvErs too, if you die from a mob, such as the ball in Room 14/34, you don't lose GAs.

So in all technicality, if you die from Shade Eido, Dismal shade, at least you don't lose Exp with Instance PvP being enabled.

What made interrupting culti unacceptable in SP, but not in cube? Doesn't seem consistent to me.

Culti 100

This is a lower level instance you are refering to, not level 100. At that level you can pretty much handle your self. Now, lets try levels 20-30 and 70-80 getting PKed by level 100s...........

Your having a very high gap in levels Dan, and you can't even do cube till level 40. Try again.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like the new SP except for 2 things.

1) it's impossible to kite effectively. If I want to kite a bm, my back is literally against the wall 90% of the time. Super gravity also makes it nearly impossible for me to drop off my fly and get back on it before hitting the floor (which if you know anything about kiting, you know is a major handicap)

2) currently, that place is a death trap for lowbies who don't know the game. If someone has an alt, then sure they know to just tele stone in. But if you're new to the game and don't even know what teleport stones are?? You're royally screwed, because just one jackass can make someone hate the game.
    edited September 2011
    thedan rules:
    1. He always right
    2. If he wrong check no 1 rules again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maitatsu
    edited September 2011
    thedan rules:
    1. He always right
    2. If he wrong check no 1 rules again

This is reality. NO one is right. This is just debate. Try again.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Try the sin forums too. Bunch of idiots in there...

I've been working on my HA Veno. Level 40 now. I trashed the Statues quest because I know there's no way in hell I'm going to get the stuff I need. Why should I bother?

Maybe you shouldn't use an outdated build if you want to call other people idiots...
    edited September 2011
    This is reality. NO one is right. This is just debate. Try again.

i think he disagree with you b:surrender b:chuckle b:sin b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Culti 100

This is a lower level instance you are refering to, not level 100. At that level you can pretty much handle your self. Now, lets try levels 20-30 and 70-80 getting PKed by level 100s...........

Your having a very high gap in levels Dan, and you can't even do cube till level 40. Try again.

OK, you've made your point, but nothing is actually required in SP until Culti 100. As is Cube Room 38. That was the whole basis of it being bannable in the first place, but not anywhere else.

I'm against PvP against lower levels in SP myself because I don't do it, but why do people keep going back to it being required? If it could be any other argument besides that... I just don't see RPK as being griefing unless they spam kill you more than 3 times.

The whole time SP PvP was bannable **** just makes my eyes twitch, where it wasn't bannable anywhere else for required culti mobs like Silver Pool, Orchid Temple, etc.

edited September 2011
    Maybe you shouldn't use an outdated build if you want to call other people idiots...

Huh? HA veno is for fun. And for something other than what I've been doing for the past 3 years. Nice troll though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    OK, you've made your point, but nothing is actually required in SP until Culti 100. As is Cube Room 38.

I'm against PvP against lower levels in SP myself because I don't do it, but why do people keep going back to it being required? If it could be any other argument besides that...

The whole bannable **** just makes my eyes twitch.

Don't you remember zoe's arguement? 'DERP PVE B ONLY FUN TING IN GAME' therefore all quests including sp ones are required. And we all know that zoe will blather on until we lose interest and claims it a won debate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Huh? HA veno is for fun. And for something other than what I've been doing for the past 3 years. Nice troll though.

Look up the definition of trolling please. I'm tired of people on pwi misusing the word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Look up the definition of trolling please. I'm tired of people on pwi misusing the word.

QQmoar
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited September 2011
    " QQmoar please everyone "
    " Thank you, PWe "
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I gotta say, i'm glad even though there is so much nasty spam, at least the important threads still remain on top.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit