How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Comments

• XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Me thinks this deserves a sticky...anyone else agree?
    b:victory
  • darkaos
    darkaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ok, I know that there are several replies here as it is.. I like the concept of a free PK area. I don't like the choice of the SP. There are many quests to do inside the SP that can not be done in the regular game play world. For example, the quests for Shade Eido, Dismal Shade, Ancient Evils, and Silver Frost. I am understanding that we are not to do these quests now.. Also, what kind of chance does a lvl 30 char have against a lvl 100+ char (as typically seen in PK situations).. Now, going to change direction a bit.. the PW China server.. I understand the want for a PK free area and would like to see it used myself. Just find ( or create) an area that is not going to be involved in regular questing (Not just Culti) some of us do like the option of running the quests.
  • Causeiwnna - Heavens Tear
    Causeiwnna - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If I were playing on a pvp server then I would say it is a nice addition. I do not play on a pvp server because I choose not to pvp. I hate how this game is always trying to find new ways of making the people that don't pvp into pvpers. There are so many quests that are not just for lvl 29-40 in sp. What about the lvl 70's that need silverfrost??? Geez pwi pull your head out of your hind end and smarten up! Let us that are on a pve server choose to pvp. Stop thinking of the money you are making on guardian scrolls and charms. I refuse to enter sp on any of my chars so I guess my quests won't get done... Considering I put at least $100 dollars a month on the game.. which I will be discontinuing untill this is rectified.. my opinion should count also and all of my non pvp friends. My husband in game is a r9, 4.0 aps bm, even he hates this! Please pwi stop letting the bullies rule the game!
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    they took the lazy way out yet again. instead of making a new area for consequence free PvPing they just made a already existing instance PvP enabled. thats beyond lazy and its beyond half assed.

not only that but SP is not exactly a great place to pvp in.

I have to agree... just fix the areana.

Many of us that played other versions know this is how the areana should be (minus mobs).

I think the developers forgot, there IS one culti inside (Wraith's Ploy) to kill Frost.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have to agree... just fix the arena.

Many of us that played other versions know this is how the arena should be (minus mobs).

I think the developers forgot, there IS one culti inside (Wraith's Ploy) to kill Frost.

I really dont think the developers even 'Thought' when they created this blunder. This ranks up with the creation of NEW Coke.
  • NightLace_ - Sanctuary
    NightLace_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's pretty much impossible to farm BH29 now without risk of being pked, or even have low levels do quests.

Its not the fact that it isnt a good idea.

The community of pkers is just "mostly" full of egotistical idiots that shoot everything in sight.

-.-;

Not to mention, the whole illusion stone thing is dumb.

Simply because, you can die by using that stone, its dangerous for low levels. >_>b:surrenderb:bye
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'll repost what I said in another thread:

This is the dumbest freaking rule change I've ever seen. Yes I know I play on pvp server and blah blah blah blah, buuuuuuuuuttttt since when was pking BLUE NAMES been okay? Last I checked blue names were exempt from attacking and being attacked until lvl 20. That has always been the same for a while now has it?

I'll be okay with it if the devs made sure that blue names are not pkable. People turn red when they kill a white name and they drop items like EVERY OTHER PK ZONE! You want to pk, fine. Then accept the consequences.

Also, Gms, don't give me the "well China does this and China does that" cause quite frankly I don't care. Maybe PWE should spend the money and hire some actual coders for our side of the fence, fix this problem/glitch and keep the whole player base from pvp to pve happy. That way PWE doesn't lose it's valuable cash cow. Just a thought.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • moonveno
    moonveno Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    strongly oppose, those bullys who r pickin on small lvl blue named ppl shouldnt be respected at all same as faction in which they r
  • Gold$Digger - Harshlands
    Gold$Digger - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i dont undersand all the thing around pvp in sp.. at least in harshland sp its allways empty.. people go to silvrpool or west arch, but secret passage is allways clean
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i dont undersand all the thing around pvp in sp.. at least in harshland sp its allways empty.. people go to silvrpool or west arch, but secret passage is allways clean

Create a character on HT and then you'll see what is happening lol
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How do I feel about the PVP in SP?

Unsurprised. They made a mistake and decided not to fix it.

"Shocking."
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Those that don't like PvP don't really need to go in there until 7x, lolz. And never need to go back in there after the culti either. It gives more challenge than the usual grind out of quests. Heh.
    How do I feel about the PVP in SP?

Unsurprised. They made a mistake and decided not to fix it.

"Shocking."

It was intended by PW CN.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    It's pretty much impossible to farm BH29 now without risk of being pked, or even have low levels do quests.

Its not the fact that it isnt a good idea.

The community of pkers is just "mostly" full of egotistical idiots that shoot everything in sight.

-.-;

Not to mention, the whole illusion stone thing is dumb.

Simply because, you can die by using that stone, its dangerous for low levels. >_>b:surrenderb:bye
    Those that don't like PvP don't really need to go in there until 7x, lolz. And never need to go back in there after the culti either. It gives more challenge than the usual grind out of quests. Heh.

It was intended by PW CN.
    Um you need to for fb29 and spirit cultis and other quests. :s
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Um you need to for fb29 and spirit cultis and other quests. :s

I'm aware of that; they're not required though, is all I'm saying. Fb29 is just a tab quest and weapon token quest, tbh.

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They are required if you are a person that likes to do quests and does every quest you can find.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I'm aware of that; they're not required though, is all I'm saying. Fb29 is just a tab quest and weapon token quest, tbh.

it's still required at 29 to do. Sometimes a boss is required for culti. I didn't make a seeker become lvl 29 to be some morons cannonfodder. It's 29 because it's enjoying the last remnants of being a blue name without worrying about pvp. Then this rule comes and fcks everything over. :s

• NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    well not much to add i like the idea of blue named pk for someone like myself who doesn't have the time to let pk timer run out but yea.. like mentioned the place wasn't the best choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    They are required if you are a person that likes to do quests and does every quest you can find.

You have the choice not to do them, so technically not required.
    it's still required at 29 to do. Sometimes a boss is required for culti. I didn't make a seeker become lvl 29 to be some morons cannonfodder. It's 29 because it's enjoying the last remnants of being a blue name without worrying about pvp. Then this rule comes and fcks everything over. :s

Sometimes required? Okayyy, I'm not sure how that makes any sense, but Shade Eido, Dismal, and Qingzi aren't required; they're blue quests. When you hyper 20 level past the level range, the quests are not there anymore, so completely optional. Culti on the other hand stays no matter what level a person or AKA the yellow quests.

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You have the choice not to do them, so technically not required.

You also have the choice to not pk there, so your argument is irrelevant.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Those that don't like PvP don't really need to go in there until 7x, lolz. And never need to go back in there after the culti either. It gives more challenge than the usual grind out of quests.

i said it to okeano and i'll say it to you, too:
    nobody NEEDS to play this game at all. if you want to tell all us bluenamed carebears to just quit playing the game so you and your PVP buddies can get your jollies without us annoying you, don't beat around the bush, say so.

nobody NEEDS to grief bluenames who don't want to get PK'd either, yet somehow when we tell y'all to quit doing that, why, that's not considered a good point for us to be raising. strange how this standard seems to double up on itself when you look a little closer.

if i had ever for a second wanted the "challenge" of pvp, i would have rolled on the pvp servers. i didn't want that, so i didn't roll there. what's your excuse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how do I feel. perfectly fine. even if Im noob and I may be killed there (and I was) it's not a big problem because LC is PvP server (so, for pvers - all the map for us is like SP for you, but we survive somehow and even doing quests) and pvp happening here all the time. ganking as well. but PvP is the best part of the game. and free PvP instance is just like a dream became true. and no more idiotic rules. freedom. this is just right thing imo.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    You also have the choice to not pk there, so your argument is irrelevant.

Did I say PK was required? No. I'm simply stating you have the choice to go there or not, no one is forcing you like it's mandatory.
    i said it to okeano and i'll say it to you, too:

if i had ever for a second wanted the "challenge" of pvp, i would have rolled on the pvp servers. i didn't want that, so i didn't roll there. what's your excuse?

If you don't want challenge you can always opt out of doing a forced PvP quest then. It doesn't matter what server you're on; PvE or PvP, there are instances that are forced PvP like DT, Delta, Warsong, PvP tournament, TW, are all PvP based, even if you're a blue name. This is just another one of those instances, like it or not. PvP instances exist on PvE servers. PvE server doesn't mean there is absolutely 0 PvP at all. If that were truly the case then there would be no TW, no PK mode option, no PvP instances or PvP at all.

The PvE server name is misleading, all the instances are the same as the PvP server's except with the option to turn PK mode off in world map.

edited September 2011
    LC is PvP server (so, for pvers - all the map for us is like SP for you, but we survive somehow and even doing quests)

really? your lv-20 bluenames can be killed by anyone, anywhere, at any time, and will instantly respawn at the nearest respawn point without any chance for a res or (unless they're lagging at the time) a screenshot of who killed them?

because that's what the SP is like for us. can i come to LC, roll a sin, try to survive to --- idunno --- level 10 or so, then go faceroll the newly created level-1's in the starter cities? because if i did that, and found out any one of them was an alt of yours, i might just laugh myself unconscious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    SP is no w known as The Fail PK zone.

It's where the goonies ( people who leveled up via a well known glich and never were banned for it ) go to show how powerful they are one-shooting lvl 30'sh people.

Goonies are very special people indeed, and must have their way, so PWI alows them to have their own pk spot ( although it was bannable before).

Thank you PWI for allowing theses special people to stay among us showing us how to play in a pro way

/sarcasm b:bye

because goonies pay for r9 btw so... reality is like that. all is about moneys. like it or not (im personaly dont give a ****, but sometimes even I cs).
    edited September 2011
    If you don't want challenge you can always opt out of doing a PvP quest then. DT, PvP tournament, TW, are all PvP based, even if you're blue name. This is just another one of those quests.

DT and TW have (1) been in the game and been PvP only from the very start, and (2) do nothing for your character development PvE-wise, don't help you in any way unless you want to do some PKing.

the SP has been in the game from the start, silver frost's been there since the lost empire expansion, but have never involved PKing before. why do they need to change now? plus, the quests in there DO do things for a pure-PvE player, they DO advance your character even if you never want to do any PvP; why should we PvE bluenames be forced into PvP to do them? why should we be forced into PvP to do them now, when it was never necessary before?

i'm not even objecting to adding more PvP-only quests and content to the game. add more arenas, more TW-like stuff, add the base wars and another couple dragon temples. just don't take long-established pure-PvE content and suddenly turn it PvP for no damn reason. because that's just catering to griefers and kill farmers to no useful end at all.

seriously, this change serves nobody who doesn't want to grief and farm bluenames against those bluenames' wishes. and you're complaining because i happen to not like that. what does that make you?
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There's another poll in the suggestion box by Kritty btw, and I strongly oppose PVP in SP
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    really? your lv-20 bluenames can be killed by anyone, anywhere, at any time, and will instantly respawn at the nearest respawn point without any chance for a res or (unless they're lagging at the time) a screenshot of who killed them?

because that's what the SP is like for us. can i come to LC, roll a sin, try to survive to --- idunno --- level 10 or so, then go faceroll the newly created level-1's in the starter cities? because if i did that, and found out any one of them was an alt of yours, i might just laugh myself unconscious.

first of all - screenshots is no more. second is it really that big difference betwen 20lvl blue names and 30lvl white names? its almost the same. both is just a meat for higher lvls. lvl 20 = oneshot, lvl 30 = oneshot, lvl 37 = oneshot, lvl 40 = mostly oneshot, lvl 3 = oneshot. so ehat a difference..
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the devs broke something and this was a excuse to not fix it.... if you look at the map what would have made more sense for a open PVP area is Cave of Sadistic Glee as it has no purpose other than two optional bosses

Having SP free PVP zone makes it more a hassle for people to get their Wraith's Ploy done... the quests in SP are relevant to gaining access to the other areas in the game.
  • sjslover
    sjslover Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PVP in SP is stupid. Dumbest change ever.b:angry
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    DT and TW have (1) been in the game and been PvP only from the very start, and (2) do nothing for your character development PvE-wise, don't help you in any way unless you want to do some PKing.

the SP has been in the game from the start, silver frost's been there since the lost empire expansion, but have never involved PKing before. why do they need to change now? plus, the quests in there DO do things for a pure-PvE player, they DO advance your character even if you never want to do any PvP; why should we PvE bluenames be forced into PvP to do them? why should we be forced into PvP to do them now, when it was never necessary before?

i'm not even objecting to adding more PvP-only quests and content to the game. add more arenas, more TW-like stuff, add the base wars and another couple dragon temples. just don't take long-established pure-PvE content and suddenly turn it PvP for no damn reason. because that's just catering to griefers and kill farmers to no useful end at all.

seriously, this change serves nobody who doesn't want to grief and farm bluenames against those bluenames' wishes. and you're complaining because i happen to not like that. what does that make you?

I'm a realist. You are obviously demanding a product that does not exist. It's for the Devs to decide, and for you only the option to play it or not. If you are truly a pure PvE player, then you must know that Rebirth is also forced PvP instance and is needed for PvE chrono/culti? SP is an instance that is no different than Rebirth other than the fact that the instance is shared. The game obviously has heavy emphasis on PvP. Instances like Warsong, DT, TW, PvP Tournament, Blood Arena, Rebirth are forced PvP.

And actually you're mistaken; SP and Orchid Temple were always a big PK hot spot before the rules were changed to making it bannable. They only changed it back to how it used to be. I have screenies of me as a 4x all the way through 9x PvPing inside there from 08-09.

It went from this: 38486046-3.jpg

80077164-3.jpg

83047873-3.jpg

to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Z1rKO8YNA