How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
This is an issue that appears to have somewhat divided the community. Some people enjoy the new area since it allows pvp without risk or much cost. Others point out that it is being used by high levels to grief lower level people.

I thought it would be nice to have a poll so we can see where the forums opinions lie.

I know theres an existing discussion but I like seeing polls :O
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I tried to do the Wheel of Earth quest in SP earlier today. I was killed 7-8 times in less than an hour, often by the same sin. One guild blocks the main room, randomly killing ppl who are trying to do their quests, and sins roam the other areas, killing everyone they see.

They need to move this PvP arena somewhere else.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i think its stupid but in a way i am happy cos if it mean they nurf aps and make every moron learn there class better cos pwcn mirror ours pwi then i can live with itb:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Concept is perfect but the location is the worst possible place.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There will be a lag in the votes of those strongly supporting this move as they are presently in SP picking on lowbies b:laugh
  • Ra_oh - Heavens Tear
    Ra_oh - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    they took the lazy way out yet again. instead of making a new area for consequence free PvPing they just made a already existing instance PvP enabled. thats beyond lazy and its beyond half assed.

not only that but SP is not exactly a great place to pvp in.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The only problem is all of the stupid mobs! They keep knocking off my defense charms! x/x
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Honestly while I feel having PVP in SP creates a laser tag type environment for those that enjoy pvp for those of us who don't pvp this rule stinks.

At least allow those of us who have no wish to participate in pvp to not be attack & killed. I resent the fact you are forcing us to have to deal with someone else's idea of fun. I love to quest with my friends & don't want to pvp ever. So now I won't be able to do bounties in SP without paying extra funds to get there while those who PVP get a free area to kill each other. Thanks loads.

Why on earth have the PK button if you force everyone whether they click on it or not to be on PK mode?
    And what of those people that pked in SP before the rule was changed?

Please fix the system so those of us who do NOT want to pk can be allowed to enjoy our game while still allowing those that enjoy PK to enjoy theirs. Ensure that only those folks that click the PK button will be subjected to PK environment.
    Leave the rest of us who enjoy questing & spending time with our friends alone.

Thanks
    Mer
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's really fun, actually.

It's about time they made a new free-pvp arena with no risks.
    So i support that.

But the bad thing is you can PK blue names, and everything else that has probably been said already.

So Neutral for me.

When I'm in there on my 7x wiz I [try to] PK everybody who's in there for the same reason I am - Most people above level 60.

Also I'm generally one of the lowest lvl PKers in SP when I go in there.

EDIT: The words "ego" and "e-peen" has been used so much in this thread that I want to tear my eyeballs out.

(This is all from a PVP server perspective..I haven't been on this sanctuary archer for months. I don't really know what it's like on a pve server)

So really, on a PvP server there is really not much difference. I suppose on a PVE server it must be..weird...but I can't say much on that.

EDIT2: Who got this idea that I'm trying to be a 'police' or 'griefer'? Are you serious? Chill, it's just PK.
    God you guys are getting so many ideas from this post. Read stuff properly and dont just skim it. The only people I kill repeatedly enough to be 'griefing' are ones who repeatedly flame and abuse me in chat.

And this for everyone who hates PvP (and therefore me)
    Um He is on a PvP server, where its common to get killed a lot after one turns white name at level 30. You see, all these people from PvP servers implemented an advanced strategy apparently unheard of in the PvE servers(judging by the uproar, that is), a strategy so amazing that it lead them to be able to even level and continue playing the game despite the horrors of open PvP, this strategy I will share with all of you now, is called DEALING WITH IT..... FFS.

Holy **** I have a bad habit of editing posts so that they are 5 times longer than the original.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ehh i like it you can find some pvp if your bored and not have to worry about safety lock. Im not sure how it is on other servers but when i was in the main room on my boyfriends sin everyone, even the lvl 60's let the lowbies doing eido wheel etc do their thing and left hem alone. I even helped a party get some quests done lol.

I only killed one group doing a quest, but they were A.) All standing on the same spot b) all 90+ , how can you not cotd + subsea + earthern in that situation lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like this, the only thing I would change is to get rid of the mobs around the entrance to FB29, because when you try and stone in you get harassed by them and usually die if your a lowbie arcane/archer/sin.
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BLOODY STUPID!!!!!!!!!! i tried to help some guildies do there bh29 and high players just stand there taunting them and flinging insults. And killed squad everytime they tried to get to do there BH. They were killed multiple times by lvl 100+'s and not allowed to enjoy their gaming experience. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE PWI & If ppl want to PK why are they not on a PK server, they are just lame PK-ers.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011

^
    This

Keep same concept, move it elsewhere.

Sadistic Glee has been mentinned more then once. Someone asked if it's safe where you spawn in. Yes it is. Not sure it's called a "safe zone" but mobs aren,t close enough to bother anyone. As for : "Would mobs interrupt the PvPing in there ?" They are lvl 8x mobs, I do not see them as any threat to lvl 100's wanting to have fun in there.

We had once a event with a tree in arch that was teleporting people to the entrance of the required bh for a special boss to kill.

How hard would it be to basicly do as someone also suggested. Make a copy/paste of SP and spawn a NPC available to teleport you to "PK heaven'

And then of course, revert "original" SP to how it was..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If they want to keep it this way they should put a copy of Jewelscalen in a room near the entrance so pissed off questers (or their higher level protectors) can lure their griefers to him. b:victory
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Most complaints I hear from there is some pu ssy sin nad people who support pk there should be sterilized, remember when you were low lvls yourselves and if some **** comes and kills you over and over again... It should be removed, period!
  • kreslin
    kreslin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When I'm in there on my 7x wiz I PK everybody above level ~50-60 (if i can, lol), because they can't be in there for quests or BH29, so thats free game and they're probably in there for the same reason I am.

You Coward. I don't like ppl like you. Go and try to kill 70+ instead 50-60.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    +1

This is terrible mostly for PVE servers, since in order to complete your high level cultivations, you are going to have to kill Silver Frost. Some (many?) people rolled on PVE servers because they don't want to PVP, ever. Think whatever you want about that choice, but the fact remains that that choice is now being taken away from them if they choose to complete their culti, and most people consider culti as vital to their character's development.

Moving Silver Frost to outside of the SP would then make it an accurate statement that you don't actually need to do any of the quests that take you into SP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No one is in there on HT. So I'm guessing there's a 105 Sin sitting around killing everyone or people think it's stupid/pointless. I'm personally neutral about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    kreslin wrote: »
    You Coward. I don't like ppl like you. Go and try to kill 70+ instead 50-60.

I said everybody ABOVE that level, including 70s. Read stuff first before you criticize. You probably just skimmed my post and drew your own conclusions.

Everybody above lvl 50 won't NEED the SP for questing. Unless It's silver frost. But people doing silver frost need some high levels anyway. (i.e. 90+)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

This.
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    I said everybody ABOVE that level, including 70s. Read stuff first before you criticize. You probably just skimmed my post and drew your own conclusions.

Everybody above lvl 50 won't NEED the SP for questing. Unless It's silver frost. But people doing silver frost need some high levels anyway. (i.e. 90+)

If I remember correctly, it takes a squad above 70 to kill Silverfrost. Also, what about the 70-90s that are there helping lowbies quest?

If you target everyone above 50, you are killing questers too. Up your level to 100+, then maybe you won't be considered a coward and maybe you won't find it quite so "fun".
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011

yea this.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    If I remember correctly, it takes a squad above 70 to kill Silverfrost. Also, what about the 70-90s that are there helping lowbies quest?

If you target everyone above 50, you are killing questers too. Up your level to 100+, then maybe you won't be considered a coward and maybe you won't find it quite so "fun".

A squad needed for silver frost? I won't be able to kill them (80-90+), so it's not harming anyone.

You can still finish quests in SP without a 50+ person helping you.

The vast majority of 50+ people I see in SP are standing around, not helping anyone.

I didn't know everybody who didn't try to PK 100+ people were cowards.
    That's pointless and you will be laughed at.

And everybody above level 60 has a chance of killing me, too (A good level 55-60 sin can kill a 7x F2P wizard with stun skills and first hit). Also, there are no risks for them. You're assuming that I personally grief people for 5 hours straight to stop them questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    A squad needed for silver frost? I won't be able to kill them (80-90+), so it's not harming anyone.

You can still finish quests in SP without a 50+ person helping you.

The vast majority of 50+ people I see in SP are standing around, not helping anyone.

Of course you can finish an SP quest without a 50+ helping but that was in the good old days before powerleveling and now griefing in SP. Now you'll take anyone willing to help and most experienced bored players free to help are higher than 50.
  • benny999
    benny999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i was in squad of 4 ppl all blue names so under 30
    yay what fun for the lvl 102 that pkd us
    i know its a pvp server but come on thats just plain bs
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For bh 29 you can use teleportstone. I dun like the part where lowbies are being killed tho. They need Silverforst
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Should have been Cave of Sadistic Glee rather than SP .. Glee is pretty much a dead instance, it's close to a town with a bank etc ... It be perfect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Should have been Cave of Sadistic Glee rather than SP .. Glee is pretty much a dead instance, it's close to a town with a bank etc ... It be perfect

I was wondering about that too, but I think the mobs in there would be a slight nuisance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the idea is good, the system is good, hell it sounds exciting and nice.

one thing bad is that they sure picked the wrong spot to implement this. Plain and simple >.>
    what were they smoking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What deceptistar said basically. It's definitely the wrong place to have it (although on my server the lowbies tend to get protected by the higher lvls), but the concept is awesome.

Gives us people who made a mistake in picking a pve server a more viable pvp option (and no, the arena doesn't count <.<)
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't mind SP being PK FFA so to speak but the issue to me is how it came about. This wasn't something discussed with players on whether or not they like this idea and gauge it's popularity, as well as the consequence to players trying to complete their chrono chain, run to Hall of Deception without using the stone, and so forth. This was just another developer patch hiccup swept under the rug merely by making PK in SP legal. Translation -- we're too lazy to fix our ****-up's so we'll just make it legal, after recently making SP PKing bannable in it's entirety.

To me arguing back and forth amongst those who like and dislike the issue is a red herring. We should be giving it to the developers without regard to our stance of PVP as we all know this is shoddy, **** poor development and maintenance of game content. I know most won't listen but please don't reward their incompetence by bickering amongst each other.