How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Options

Comments

• AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Then explain how DT has always been accepted? Or did you never even know there was a quest chain in there? I first discovered DT with the find quest button BTW.

Nope, not exactly sure what yer referring to as DT, racking my brain to figure it out X.X lol
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Then explain how DT has always been accepted? Or did you never even know there was a quest chain in there? I first discovered DT with the find quest button BTW.

I note you edited your post, but I still haven't seen you answer if DT(Dragon Temple to my knowledge) is connected to Culti. I assume by your silence that it is not, and yes Frost can be moved, but so could the instance to Cave of Sadistic Glee. Is that option not acceptable to you?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    I note you edited your post, but I still haven't seen you answer if DT(Dragon Temple to my knowledge) is connected to Culti. I assume by your silence that it is not, and yes Frost can be moved, but so could the instance to Cave of Sadistic Glee. Is that option not acceptable to you?

To be clear, technically Silver Frost is not part of the culti either :s
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To be clear, technically Silver Frost is not part of the culti either :s

I've been told you need to access OHT to be able to complete the level 100 cultivation, was I informed incorrectly Decus?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've been told you need to access OHT to be able to complete the level 100 cultivation, was I informed incorrectly Decus?

You are indeed correct, but requiring access to it =/= cultivation. It is not listed under Spiritual Cultivation (the quests each have individual names) nor is it automatically placed into your Quest Log, like the Cultivation quests. As I said, I was being technical.

Just caught this:
    aaaand do blue names get killed in there? no.

Actually, in all of the instances he named (sans one), you can be killed as a blue name. (Delta was tweaked, apparently. I wouldn't know.)
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    " The righteous and elitist players say it was brilliant, so i just follow them... b:shutup "
    " It perfectly fine... nice place when you bored. "
    " I am destroying this game, so this is perfect opportunity ! "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You are indeed correct, but requiring access to it =/= cultivation. It is not listed under Spiritual Cultivation (the quests each have individual names) nor is it automatically placed into your Quest Log, like the Cultivation quests. As I said, I was being technical.

Just caught this:

Actually, in all of the instances he named (sans one), you can be killed as a blue name. (Delta was tweaked, apparently. I wouldn't know.)

LOL, yay for my non-technical correctness!!! b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL, yay for my non-technical correctness!!! b:victory

Technicalities are what I'm all about. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dragon Temple. Every Tuesday, you can find it in "Find Quest" before the instance opens after level 60. When you enter, an NPC says she needs help, just like any other harmless quest chain.

Your ultimate goal is to kill some Dragon Boss. PvE content in PvP-enabled area. Of course, a lot of people ignore the quest and simply fight inside, just like how SP is right now.

That was his point in comparing SP as it is now to DT. As for TW, yeah that's all PvP.

I feel like the reason this was done in PW-CN without a lot of thought about the ramifications, was because those quests are becoming more and more obsolete. With new quests in the starter areas for all classes, as well as BH, the quests in SP are simply not very meaningful, such that most of the player-base there considers it not much of a loss.

The quests in SP come to be ignored by many just like how people ignore "Dragon Temple Raider" every week. I mean, I suppose if you really need to get that Crimson Pendant, you would really need to kill the 9th son of the Dragon in DT as well right? Does that mean DT need to be fixed too?

That said, anyone want to post a link about how PW-CN's forum is reacting?

As for buffnuts, there have been people who got teleported to 4th map to complete their Culti for one reason or another. You don't need Chrono for Culti, technically.

Also, have you tried walking through yet? Just did myself.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i was in sp today and i saw a lv 30 cleric port in .first she buffed evryone inside the room before laving the safe zone to kill some fire mob. a lv 100+ sin popup from stelth and one shoot her.
    for no ** reason at al.i did pm the cleric and she told me that she where trying to be nice to evryone and this is whats she gets in return.

plz pwi stop this madness
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary
    Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bah! I am a forum lurker and I had to log in just to vote because idea is great! but why in the area of the lowbies? b:surrender
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Also, have you tried walking through yet? Just did myself.

This reminds me of all the Room 38 and PK-enabled cube complaints. I did it three times just for kicks and passed without a problem or getting randomly killed.

Pretty soon someone will find fault with your walk-through and claim that in reality, it's impossible. Mark my words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kengohari
    kengohari Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One of the stupider things they've done, but to be expected from PWI.

As long as the quests aren't required, then for me the solution is simple:

I don't go in.
  • VioletHeals - Momaganon
    VioletHeals - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hope this makes Frankie understand that for the first time he needs to actually do something.

Move the PVP area somewhere else so that it doesnt hurt or affect those who want the game to be pve and therefor picked a pve server.

If it is moved to an area with just the intent of being a pvp zone then noone will complain i believe.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It sucks that you get ported all the way back to town when you die. There's a safezone right next to the pk area. b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Moronic but to be expected from PWI. They've got at least 3 arena instances already built, the original arena, the pwic arena and the theater of blood arena. How hard is it to turn one on and leave it open for everyone so the only people that go in are those expecting a pk situation?

PWI looks for the laziest and most stupid solution to every problem and runs with it.
  • Moonsyn - Raging Tide
    Moonsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kengohari wrote: »
    One of the stupider things they've done, but to be expected from PWI.

As long as the quests aren't required, then for me the solution is simple:

I don't go in.

Who cares if the quests are required or not? If people choose to do their quests, they should be able to do so without the risk of being forced into pvp.

Either make it so blue-named players are safe; or put a big warning label on said quests telling the player they are entering a pk-enabled area; or remove all quests that deal with SP altogether.

Also, to have a lvl 100 player pk a lowbie who is simply minding their own business trying to do some quests..or pk the ppl trying to help them..is down right sickening. Get a damn life and some b*** and kill ppl who are there for that one purpose. Leave everyone else alone.
  • VioletHeals - Momaganon
    VioletHeals - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    From what i understood from the original post about it from Frankie the chinese version added the pwc entrance inside of the SP. When pwi tried to remove that entrance they accidently made the whole of SP act the way the new free pvp area should act.
    They didnt feel like fixing it i guess so they blame it on chinese devs.

Maybe Frankie explained it wrong in the original statement though.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This reminds me of all the Room 38 and PK-enabled cube complaints. I did it three times just for kicks and passed without a problem or getting randomly killed.

Pretty soon someone will find fault with your walk-through and claim that in reality, it's impossible. Mark my words.

I have several Decus and I'm surprised you didn't point them out.

1.) Each person's experiences are different, when I walked in there with my archer last night I was popped twice without getting through the first room.

2.)You are a level 60's BM you said it yourself, just because someone doesn't think they can one-shot you for kicks doesn't mean they won't one-shot a level 30 or 40 for poops.

3.) Who says the people in there don't know you've got higher levels that can pk them back? Could very possibly be that you said that before walking in there. Perhaps why the other person in pic is saying nvm

4.)Is your BM in a faction or do you have friends around protecting yourself?

5.)Have you done this on every server, at everytime of day and on all different levels?

You are saying that no ones tried to get their stuff done, my friend was just popped on their mystic in SP on the server Heaven's Tear not 2 hours ago. This is not fiction, people are posting everywhere attempts to get through. We'd post pic's of who killed us, but we aren't allowed to name and shame on the forums. Stop pretending it's not happening, it is b:angry

Oh and quit editing your previous posts, just post again if you need to respond to someone.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm sure my TT60 totally deterred them. No, my BM is not in a faction. Even if my level 66 BM was in a faction, do you think that would have deterred anyone or are you that delusional?

No one knows all my alts...my many, many, many alts. I didn't know anyone in there on my main either. In fact, if I had walked in on my main instead I might have been attacked.

Like I said, they're not all there to one shot passer-bys, a lot of them just want a fight. One shotting a lowbie is not a fight. People have better things to do than wait in SP for one shots to pass.

I don't need to test this on every server at all times, maybe you can do it and see how it goes. I just need to do this around some times that everyone in North America is likely at home, and make my point that Sanct is fine, which is what you tried to refute.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cant they just enable PK in the arena room? That big empty room that no one goes to at all.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well tonight in game chat was full of lowbies asking why they were getting pk'ed repeated ly in SP.

They were not happy campers when we explained this latest PWC spawned abortion of logic.

This is like watching a train crash in slow motion. I am ready to leave this game for something else, but it just keeps getting worse in such spectacularly moronic fashion it would be funny except for the cash I have sunk into it.

It's like the Stanford University experiment where they set some students up as prisoners and some as guards, and before you knew it the guards had gone totally brown shirt and out of control. The only thing PWC seems to put effort into is PACK sales, and everything else turns out like this fiasco. You can't buy better entertainment.
    Just some guy
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm sure my TT60 totally deterred them. No, my BM is not in a faction. Even if my level 66 BM was in a faction, do you think that would have deterred anyone or are you that delusional?

No one knows all my alts...my many, many, many alts. I didn't know anyone in there on my main either. In fact, if I had walked in on my main instead I might have been attacked.

Like I said, they're not all there to one shot passer-bys, a lot of them just want a fight. One shotting a lowbie is not a fight. People have better things to do than wait in SP for one shots to pass.

I don't need to test this on every server at all times, maybe you can do it and see how it goes. I just need to do this around some times that everyone in North America is likely at home, and make my point that Sanct is fine, which is what you tried to refute.

Everyone on Sanc isn't just in N. America or have you not noticed all the BR's and CZ's etc... around. I am getting the idea that you are delusional, since you feel that only your experience in Secret Passage matters and all the other people repeatedly saying they're being pk'ed doesn't matter. IF people have so many better things to do then one-shot lowbies, then why are sooo many people complaining about that happening? And i've tested it on HT and Sanc, the 2 servers where I have alts already and despite your assurances that pk doesn't happen I was killed twice on Sanc alone. First time was by **rSo*** and the second time was by **lyh***(trying to get around the name and shame rule) and yes I have SS!! REFUTED!!!!

Things may have changed, but when my BM was 60 I could easily stunlock, effectively use fists or go pole and kite if need be, to make no mention of the alter marrows and level 10 bell. Bring in a 30's BM and start doing quests in there, if you're still not pk'ed then you're the luckiest SOB i've ever met and you need to go buy a lottery ticket.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just tried it again, stepped out of safe zone on archer and was immediately pk'ed again. This time it was by D*****as**AL(again trying to get around the name and shame). SS'ed again. Also when i popped out of SP i saw in World Chat GinsuGirl say sp *** Holes. You are full of it Quilue. Sanc is as bad as any of the other pk holes SP has become. I'm tired of boosting your friends pk totals so I'm done playing now.
    There is and always will be low level pk in SP,as long as, pk is allowed in SP!!! b:angry
    Oh and the person that just pk'ed me is in one of the Territory holding factions on Sanc, so that should give you an idea towards their level.
    Now in WC on Sanc RangedRelikz just complained in WC about pk in SP.
    Now 2 more people on Sanc just complained about the pk in SP.
    Now Bearish is offering to bodyguard people in SP at 1m ea.(I assume he's joking)

REFUTED again!!!
  • Sinistral - Harshlands
    Sinistral - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Attacking other players in the Secret Passage instance (567, 743) is not allowed under any circumstance. It's a bannable offense, and if you get attacked by another player, please submit a ticket with a screenshot of the incident (and ideally the chatlog showing the attack).

Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.
    My face.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i think its pretty well clear that there is not really an issue with the PK being enabled in an instance.
    Its merely the instance of choice that is the problem.

If they had done this in Sadistic Glee, or some other barren instance where people barely go, I doubt many who are lodging (some of them valid) complaints would even care then.

Keep the concept, change the instance.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Everyone on Sanc isn't just in N. America or have you not noticed all the BR's and CZ's etc... around. I am getting the idea that you are delusional, since you feel that only your experience in Secret Passage matters and all the other people repeatedly saying they're being pk'ed doesn't matter. IF people have so many better things to do then one-shot lowbies, then why are sooo many people complaining about that happening? And i've tested it on HT and Sanc, the 2 servers where I have alts already and despite your assurances that pk doesn't happen I was killed twice on Sanc alone. First time was by **rSo*** and the second time was by **lyh***(trying to get around the name and shame rule) and yes I have SS!! REFUTED!!!!

Things may have changed, but when my BM was 60 I could easily stunlock, effectively use fists or go pole and kite if need be, to make no mention of the alter marrows and level 10 bell. Bring in a 30's BM and start doing quests in there, if you're still not pk'ed then you're the luckiest SOB i've ever met and you need to go buy a lottery ticket.

What do you know? Really what do you know? As a merchant and a former member of a very populated faction, I've watched player activity as well as gold prices rise and fall throughout the day and nights for over a year, I can even have a good guess when you can AFK in cube without anyone touching you. I think I have a better idea of when the most people are active compared to you. I'm delusional? You're the one who believes a 6x BM is a deterrent to 10x sins.

Here I just walked through with a 2x mystic. No armor. I didn't keep going cuz I can't even fight the mobs like this. 1 or 2 deaths isn't something to judge the whole server by.

@ Above
    I really wouldn't mind if they did move it to Sadistic Glee.
  • Picexplorer - Heavens Tear
    Picexplorer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is an issue that appears to have somewhat divided the community. Some people enjoy the new area since it allows pvp without risk or much cost. Others point out that it is being used by high levels to grief lower level people.

I thought it would be nice to have a poll so we can see where the forums opinions lie.

I know theres an existing discussion but I like seeing polls :O

well i am glad you have come up with this pol.Just last day on HT, there was much QQ about it, as some 'low-lifer' high lvl pked some poor low levels who were doing quests.(not me..i dnt have any other char than this one).But m strongly oppose to it after evaluating the whole situation. Also, sad to see a guild leader praises the actions of thier members. i mean what type of lead is tht.

so childish actions/shouts were seen on HT server last day.b:surrender
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What do you know? Really what do you know? As a merchant and a former member of a very populated faction, I've watched player activity as well as gold prices rise and fall throughout the day and nights for over a year, I think I have a better idea of when the most people are active compared to you. I'm delusional? You're the one who believes a 6x BM is a deterrent to 10x sins.

Here I just walked through with a 2x mystic. No armor. I didn't keep going cuz I can't even fight the mobs like this. 1 or 2 deaths isn't something to judge the whole server by.

@ Above
    I really wouldn't mind if they did move it to Sadistic Glee.

Go buy that lotto ticket then lucky dog, now what about all the people QQ'ing in your WC about the pk'ers in SP. I know your server as I have played off and on there since it was first created(been here for 3 years now, check the join date). And I didn't say you would deter a 100 sin, but more than just high level sins go in there to pk. I saw a post by a mid-level 50's bragging how he got the people right before the 29 dungeon who made it past the high levels. And I'm naming names here as best as I can since we're not supposed to. Sounds like you're the one who's out of touch with their server. Also you say you just went in there with two diff chars, but how is it when I go in there I'm pk'ed and in WC, I see 3 other people complaining at the same time. Like I said before you are full of **** and I'm not inflating your friends pk totals anymore.

I checked your pic again and notice that Asterelle is standing next to you. The same Asterelle that said elsewhere if anyone was pk'ing lowbies in SP to point him/her at them. Perhaps you just got lucky to get a personal bodyguard, but unless Asterelle is a robot(i'll admit, i've wondered) he/she can't be everywhere in SP protecting the lowbies. And another thing, I'm up to 3 deaths on 2 different days and not just 2.
  • Lola_Frost - Sanctuary
    Lola_Frost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was on my seeker with a few other fac mates tonight & we had a blast trying to pk each other was great learning experience BUT we did have a few mishaps w/ the lower lvls getting caught in aoe & all ._.; i love the concept but dear god move it from where lower lvls have quests to take care of!b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Wife of Chizburger b:cute