PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but does "without dropping gear" apply to people who are red/white as well? Do you get red when you kill people in SP?

in secret passage you

1) do not gain pk hours

2) do not drop items what so ever

3) can target blue names

4) will instant teleport out on death

5) can fly
  • dustinashe
    dustinashe Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just a reminder to those who haven't already. Please go vote in the polls in my sig below.b:thanks

why?
    vote on what?
  • dustinashe
    edited September 2011
    in secret passage you

1) do not gain pk hours

2) do not drop items what so ever

3) can target blue names

4) will instant teleport out on death

5) can fly

You forgot to mention:

WILL LOSE XP FOR THE DEATH OF YOUR PKd toon.
    you know, the one that had no choice in that matter.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    dustinashe wrote: »
    why?
    vote on what?

-.- it explains in my sig..b:shutup
  • dustinashe
    edited September 2011
    Just wondering, since I am a noob still on the game. How am I suposed to kill dismal shade now?

People just pkes me as soon as I get in there. I even tell them I am just there for that reason and I still get pked.

That I know of, the dismal shade is a quest that only shows up until level 50. What if someone wants to do that actually.

It's like 4 level 50 guys walking in, into a hall full of level 70 -105 guys.

Most of the level 50 get killed. And sometimes they even steal the rare drop molds that it takes so much to get.

For example, let's say the abismal shade drops either Mold: Shady Blade or the Mold: Necromania Hat, wich he really drops.

You want to pick it up. Bam, PKed, then you gotta walk all the way in, try to pass the hall without getting pked again, and do it fast hoping you can still grab the item before getting pked in 1 hit again to get the mold.

Can someone explain me, why didn't they think on that?
    If they monitor it, why didn't they see them doing it over a dozen oftimes already.

Just saying, I don't mind the pk servers but doing it in that dungeon is a bad idea, move it to another place where there are no monsters for any quest, as for in example a arena, or something else idk, but just make a special place for it, if it's so hard, why put it on sp, a place that low levels frecuent?

doesnt seem to matter to them.

they dont care about USA individuality. Only because thats the way it is in China/japan or wherever.

What happened to the US?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    You forgot to mention:

WILL LOSE XP FOR THE DEATH OF YOUR PKd toon.
    you know, the one that had no choice in that matter.

Incorrect. I personally have been PKed in there multiple times, and have not lost a single bit of EXP. Are you positive you know what your percentage was before you got PKed?b:shutup
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There is only one good thing that I have seen come from PWE in the past month.

Here it is:

Thanks to PWE's quarterly earnings statement (the amount of money they leach out of players with the cash shop) A game that is nearly as expensive as WoW (World of ********) called Star Trek Online, is now free to play. Yes. They credit PWE for making this decision..... Sounds nice. Maybe I'll go play that game now. I've always wanted to pilot the enterprize.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Incorrect. I personally have been PKed in there multiple times, and have not lost a single bit of EXP. Are you positive you know what your percentage was before you got PKed?b:shutup

Question for ya Kritty. If a player is over half dead to a mob or boss before they are pk'ed, who get's the credit? Does the pk'er where you won't lose any xp or the mob where you will?
  • ReniRoo - Sanctuary
    ReniRoo - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It seems developers are not thinking things through clearly when make changes to the game. Yes it is not needed to go in the Secret Passage for low lvl culti but it is needed for low level quests. Some people play the game to do quests. Not everyone is rushing to 105 and rank9 gear. Some people play the game socialize, do the quests and idk maybe have fun. Those who want to pk should have joined a pvp server or save it for TW's. Making a low lvl area pk enabled just lets the buillies who are too chicken to go into pk mode and fight people their own lvl pick on people who just want to enjoy the game and not kill other players.

Pking in the SP doesn't give pk hours dont have a chance to drop things so is that not the same as idk going into the arena and fighting it out with people who actually want to fight.

I do not understand the logic behind all this. Is PWI trying to force those just starting out to leave the game do to frustration?

If you wanted an open pk area why not allow pking in the Cube of Fate at least the players going in there are lvl 40+
  • dustinashe
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

No actually, however....
    it is the normal standard.

you die, you lose xp.

i have some friends that died there also, i will ask them.

I would be willing to bet that your experience is not a constant, and that ppl do lose xp after being ambushed by PKers.
  • dustinashe
    edited September 2011
    -.- it explains in my sig..b:shutup

oh, lol, i see it now

sorry, my unhappiness with this issue overcame me.
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    BadBarb - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    carebears worried about being pked while they do the silver fox quest =\

get friends (i hear they drop in frost! buy more frost runs!), have them save your ***
    If at first you don't succeed,
    give up and eat some bacon.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    carebears worried about being pked while they do the silver fox quest =\

get friends (i hear they drop in frost! buy more frost runs!), have them save your ***

I have friends, but they're not all 100+ and decked out in Rank 9, so they can't save my ***, just like I can't save theirs. Since you didn't bother to read all the QQ. Most of us are on PVE servers not PVP servers, we have, want and in a few cases like frost need to do quests in SP. We can't get frost or the other quests done because high levels, both random high levels and major TW factions are in SP pk'ing us. Don't be ignorant, just because your server is unpopulated with open map pvp and it's relatively easy to get something done. On the pve servers this is the only place for ganker's besides arguably the cube. They've put up their tents, got their marshmellow's and they are camping. b:angry
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No actually, however....
    it is the normal standard.

you die, you lose xp.

i have some friends that died there also, i will ask them.

I would be willing to bet that your experience is not a constant, and that ppl do lose xp after being ambushed by PKers.

No, you do not lose experience. Go check it yourself if you are so dead-set on believing this.
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Question for ya Kritty. If a player is over half dead to a mob or boss before they are pk'ed, who get's the credit? Does the pk'er where you won't lose any xp or the mob where you will?

Whichever hit kills you designates whether it was a Mob kill (exp loss) or a PvP kill (no exp lost). Your HP before the 'final blow' is irrelevant.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Whichever hit kills you designates whether it was a Mob kill (exp loss) or a PvP kill (no exp lost). Your HP before the 'final blow' is irrelevant.

Thanks Decus, wasn't sure how that worked. b:thanks
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    buffnuts wrote: »

If you are laying there dead with a choice to go to town, the mob killed you. If you are automatically sent to Orchid Temple, you were PK'd. No exp loss if you are blue name and PKd in SP but if you have a charm it gets a tick.
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Let's see... I'm a low-bee on a PvE server and PWE and PWI have now totally screwed me, no KY or even a kiss. b:cry

My highest level character hasn't even made it to FB29, which now will get harrassed when they get the quest and go there. 5K coins to teleport in there and get 1-shot by a mob if not PKed when I get in there. You remember how many pots I can buy with 5k coins?

Can someone from PWE/ PWI give me an honest answer why this happened to me? Can you give me a good reason why I should keep this game on my computer? Is a GM willing to escourt me during my quests in there so I don't get killed?

This is beyond sucking... beyond Hoover... It just Orecks. b:angry
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    If you are laying there dead with a choice to go to town, the mob killed you. If you are automatically sent to Orchid Temple, you were PK'd. No exp loss if you are blue name and PKd in SP but if you have a charm it gets a tick.

I've thrown a few alts in the fire, and had no exp loss from pk in SP. So I'm aware of how the pk works. I was more asking how the kill was calculated, and whether there could be an instance of exp loss involving both a mob and a pk'er, but thank you for the additional info you provided, someone else on the forums may find it useful. b:thanks
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Err yeah Frost is gonna start mass whining. Me and my fac mems got lucky.
  • delvish61
    delvish61 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I went into Secret Passage to help a guildie with his bh. All of the sudden i am getting hit by a toon. I switched to a pve server to avoid this bull. I can understand it on a PVP server but not on a PVE there is already a option to PVP on the server why suject those who dont want to PVP. Its why I am on this server. I gave up high level characters, mounts, factions, etc. on Lost City server to avoid it.
    I cannot afford to replace lost gear, due to being pk'ed. I have been told that it's against the rules to kill a low level toon in there, but you can't see the level on someone running through. Also, I am lvl 93, but it was a low-level that pk'ed me. I would not hit back, because of the level difference. If this continues, I may return to D&DO.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Let's see... I'm a low-bee on a PvE server and PWE and PWI have now totally screwed me, no KY or even a kiss. b:cry

My highest level character hasn't even made it to FB29, which now will get harrassed when they get the quest and go there. 5K coins to teleport in there and get 1-shot by a mob if not PKed when I get in there. You remember how many pots I can buy with 5k coins?

Can someone from PWE/ PWI give me an honest answer why this happened to me? Can you give me a good reason why I should keep this game on my computer? Is a GM willing to escourt me during my quests in there so I don't get killed?

This is beyond sucking... beyond Hoover... It just Orecks. b:angry

I would have used Dyson or a blackhole, but very funny b:laugh
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    thera are no pve servers on the chinese version right?
    i have a bad felling that this is just a test to see if they can turn al pve servers into pvp here to.
    hope i am wrong
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Just a reminder for anyone reading, but doesn't know yet, Kritty started a poll under the suggestion box and Aserelle started one a little lower here in general discussion. Please vote for no pk in SP, you'll get an awesome sticker at the voting booth!!! b:chuckle
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    thera are no pve servers on the chinese version right?
    i have a bad felling that this is just a test to see if they can turn al pve servers into pvp here to.
    hope i am wrong

The day, no, better yet, the MOMENT this goes all PVP, I will quit. Uninstall EVERY game by this company from my desktop, and forget it ever existed!

Why and how?

Why - I've sunk over 3 grand in one week onto this game to pump up my characters. I did it on a NON PVP server to level a NON PVP CHARACTER TO ENJOY.

HOW - I review games as a job. This game is no different from the others tossed into my trash bin, and there is always another game on my shelf looking forward to recieve my money. Sto just went free play, i can play that. I have all the sims games, i can play those. I just got off a SL kick, but I'm more than happy going back to making real money off that.

In short, I doubt I'd be the only one taking this road away from PWI and the company that hosts it. They swap to full PVP and you won't have to worry about the PVE players anymore, my guess is that they'd all quit.
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Err yeah Frost is gonna start mass whining. Me and my fac mems got lucky.

read 71 pages back and see for yourself with reason and explenation why this is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    :O how did you start playing February 2008? did you play in the closed closed beta? Cause this game started November 2nd 2008.................. Even in the closed beta being sometimes in julyish around those months I don't think you could have started in febuary 2008. You must mean 2009 and even if you do your still wrong because Pressa saw GMs until 2010 in the WC and Red text. Frequently........ Pressa used to Duel GMs when my character was 60ish and that was in 2009.

I did correct the error TY b:victory

BTW .... When did your guild change it's name to "Sopranos" b:laugh I know several PPL in Radiance who are on my FL. Isn't it funny what the Core Connect can do to a guild's name .... They defiantly have trouble with the database.
  • delvish61
    delvish61 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have 1 more comment about the stone in option as a lower lvl Cleric whith low HP i died every time i tried to stone in. The tombstone mob outside the door can hit you while you are porting in. which means you get there but your dead and have to release and try again... and again... and every time you lse EXP and damage your gear. How is this fair especialy on a PVE server?
  • Siannan - Lost City
    Siannan - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok seriously +1 on moving Silver Frost, its needed for oht and is now unobtainable due to idiots- pvpers wanted an instance to use- then y not use the arenas that have been in game already- or convert cave of sadistic glee so that the high level idiots who wanna pvp can do so and leave sp for the lowbies, so they can get used to running caves, not running into people who will one shot then because they cant pve
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How so? We have told you repeatedly the problem is that this is supposed to be a PvE server, not PvP. Therein lies your problem, you don't see me on a Pvp server whining b/c I just got 1 shot now do you? It doesn't matter what the ability is or isn't across all servers, the fact is I rolled on a PvE b/c I didn't want to Pvp. Now they've changed the rules forcing anyone who would do a quest in there to Pvp... even if I could kill ppl and stay alive that still wouldn't be the point. When I tried to help a lvl 75 kill silverfrost yesterday for her culti, they killed her right before Frost died. She missed out and I was so frustrated I'm not willing to keep trying. It seems that some people need to head back to the playground, because their maturity and intelligence was most matched there.

You aren't kidding. This isn't something that will change. Do a search on how many people from HT have brought up this same thing on the forums. No 1 listens.. other people from other servers call us names and make fun of us and say its not that bad, but they aren't on HT.. they don't see the things that are said that are right out of a XXX rated film. Stuff I wouldn't say in front of random ppl in real life, but apparently some ppl need to hide behind a video game to get their freak on.

The age limit in the TOS is 13. 13 years and up for this game. Not 18. So no, they don't "join at their own risk". They join and their parents allow them because the TOS simply says something that they do not follow. This game has too many chiefs and no 1 to run the place. They all want to feel important but never do what really is needed to be done. It talks in the TOS about sexually explicit language yet in the 3 years I've played I only one time seen a GM online who actually said something in Red about something said in wc along those lines.

As far as them monitoring the game.. .those of us who play are their volunteers. Anyone who cares screen shots stuff and submits a ticket. Leaving it in their hands, alas; nothing is done.

We've been over the age for playing the game in this forum when the filters were screwed up. Several people quoted the TOS and it stated that the age is 18+. Nice try though.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    badanna wrote: »
    This has got to be the worst decision made in my 2 1/2 years playing the game.

If the intent is to provide an endless supply of cannon fodder and low level victims for the bullies and lowlifes of the game, then congratulations, looks like success.

Scream louder, people, or this issue will be ignored as so many others have been.

Make sure you take time to go vote on the poll the MODs didnt seem bright enough to support or engage to begin with: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180731&page=9

It has remained around 75% of the voters against the change almost all day. Accident or intentional this change is as big of a blunder as New Coke or the change in GAP logo.
This discussion has been closed.