PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Basically you are telling us to lay off GM's because you got special treatment once. How nice for you, but atm most of us are getting something we don't want rammed in a very sensitive place. If that thing is removed all the QQ'ing will stop, and despite the fact the GM's aren't all powerful over the game. The fact is they could make this bannable until it was fixed on the PVE servers and remove the ban on the pk'ing players when it was fixed. They chose the easy way out and I for one am going to complain and whine and QQ until my fingers bleed. Then i'll bandage them and do it some more. I don't get to take the easy way out in SP, neither should they. Also anytime they feel like they can make it bannable again and start putting a stop to it. So where's those nice friendly mob spawning GM's now? b:angry

No not even close to what I am saying the the GM thing wasn't even directed at you. The first couple of sentences and only the first couple of sentences were directed at you. I even separated them by saying I was addressing someone new now. Where are those Gms? bogged down with requests to solve not only trivial problems but their normal workload and this fiasco. I also want to point out the more you send tickets in the further down on the list your priority goes.

I perfectly understand it would do something to make it bannable and its probably a good idea but there it no reason to get mad at me for saying sending too many tickets doesn't do a lot.

And no the QQing will never stop it always continues one characters nose could be too big for someone's liking and they will ticket it. It doesn't stop if its not you its someone else about thing so stupid you will slam your head on the desk over and over again. If in america one can sue someone for coffee spilling in your lap YOUR LAP and YOU SPILLED IT.........there will always be complaining about stupid things because there is that freedom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolfdog1
    wolfdog1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    to all the so called GM's bann pking in secret passage there are stupid people attacking you while you are trying to do the quests and they think its fine to still the gear you drop as well so if you want to keep paying customers playing i sugest you fix this problem NOW
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No not even close to what I am saying the the GM thing wasn't even directed at you. The first couple of sentences and only the first couple of sentences were directed at you. I even separated them by saying I was addressing someone new now. Where are those Gms? bogged down with requests to solve not only trivial problems but their normal workload and this fiasco. I also want to point out the more you send tickets in the further down on the list your priority goes.

I perfectly understand it would do something to make it bannable and its probably a good idea but there it no reason to get mad at me for saying sending too many tickets doesn't do a lot.

And no the QQing will never stop it always continues one characters nose could be too big for someone's liking and they will ticket it. It doesn't stop if its not you its someone else about thing so stupid you will slam your head on the desk over and over again. If in america one can sue someone for coffee spilling in your lap YOUR LAP and YOU SPILLED IT.........there will always be complaining about stupid things because there is that freedom.

Actually several people sending in tickets will give GMS an idea of the scope of the issue and will help them have something to take back to China. Instead of one person spamming tickets though, everyone should send an individual one. The reason the initially didn't think the censor issue was as big deal as it was is because people weren't sending in tickets. Everyone ticketing together in this situation (whether for or against) is one of the best ways to show how many people are affected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • MoonHearts - Heavens Tear
    MoonHearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How entertaining? We sign up for a PvE server to have PvP shoved down our throats. All this so that the people who can't hang with the big boys on the real PvP servers can go to PvE so that they can feel like they are superior amidst their own inferiority. I get that we all have the option to go pk if we so choose on PvE. That is obviously gradually being taken from us. Maybe the GM's feel that their PvP players outnumber the PvE players so that is where the real money is, therefore satisfy that crowd. So be it. I choose to PvE and since it seems that PWI is moving to crush out all PvE, there are so many other games out there that won't. SP is needed throughout the spectrum of levels, so to say that it's optional or not needed is ignorant to the extreme. At least now, we know where the GM support is going to be centered. b:bye
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thank you for acknowledging our freedom to QQ, but how do you know what the GM's workload is? Are you a GM? Were you a GM? If you aren't a GM you have no idea whether they get 10 tickets a day or 500,000. Which I hope they will receive the latter, if there Queue gets too full of QQ, then they will have no choice, but to either ignore everything which will make people quit the game, hurting it finacially or get off their assets and do an emergency fix, rollback(the scary word) or just start banning like crazy till the pk'ers back off. Doing nothing is apathy, pushing the GM's with one-sided poll's, ton's of QQ posts and tickets everytime you get pk'ed is, can and will do something.

Just a reminder if you haven't done so yet, please vote against the PvP free for all in SP on the 2 polls. One was started by KrittyCat under the Suggestion Box and the other was started by Asterelle in the General Discussion section. b:thanks
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just a reminder if you haven't done so yet, please vote against the PvP free for all in SP on the 2 polls. One was started by KrittyCat under the Suggestion Box and the other was started by Asterelle in the General Discussion section. b:thanks

I started no such thread. That is VenusArmani's thread.b:chuckle
  • DarkBound - Sanctuary
    DarkBound - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    every-time i go to do a quest high levels camp me, i cant even get scarlet pendant because of this, i really wish that it would be changed to only a specific area in SP that way players are not being camped by high levelsb:angryb:cry. would appreaciate itb:victory
  • wolfdog1
    wolfdog1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think PvP is dumd it is why i DO NOT play on a PvP server if someone wants to PvP they need to go to PvP server not torment regular players trying to just have fun and do the quests so i think you need to BANN PvP all together its not fair to thoese of us that don't PvP to get attacked while trying to do our quests or at the verry least keep it to where it used to be the player haveing to choose to go into PvP mode and if they choose to not go into it they are protected from it
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I started no such thread. That is VenusArmani's thread.b:chuckle

Whoopsies Kritty, sorry 'bout that, but look at all the good PR i've been giving you!! b:chuckle
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Actually several people sending in tickets will give GMS an idea of the scope of the issue and will help them have something to take back to China. Instead of one person spamming tickets though, everyone should send an individual one. The reason the initially didn't think the censor issue was as big deal as it was is because people weren't sending in tickets. Everyone ticketing together in this situation (whether for or against) is one of the best ways to show how many people are affected.

Oh no I know I agree I haven't discounted it I'm just saying there is such thing as over ticketed everyone who is concerned should send a ticket but send ONE, one ticket. Sending more well they usually ignore the second one so :P

I do want to repeat I am not for it being in SP I am for it being somewhere else but still existing somewhere despite how much I want to go in there and fight them I haven't because its not right granted I suppose on some level I should and on the other level I shouldn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moonsyn - Raging Tide
    Moonsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pls if you haven't already go vote on the 2 polls on the forums. One is under the suggestion box by Kritty and the other is in the General Discussion started by Asterelle. b:thanks

I have tyvm.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow, I wish mods would be as passionate about other issues that also matters to players as they have been with this one. Most of the time they just repeat lines on handed-down note cards that says PWE isn't doing anything wrong.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh no I know I agree I haven't discounted it I'm just saying there is such thing as over ticketed everyone who is concerned should send a ticket but send ONE, one ticket. Sending more well they usually ignore the second one so :P

I do want to repeat I am not for it being in SP I am for it being somewhere else but still existing somewhere despite how much I want to go in there and fight them I haven't because its not right granted I suppose on some level I should and on the other level I shouldn't.

Oh, I understand completely. I'm all for a free PK area that doesn't interfere with people abilities to complete their character, including obtaining the level 100 skills and finishing your culti. Which is the story of the game. Unfortunately, Frankie doesn't seem to care about people finishing their cultis and neither does China, or they wouldn't keep saying it's not necessary to finish your culti. To me it's pretty sad when the people who make or publish a game don't care if people actually finish it (even if the term is used loosely in an MMO and simply means to finish the only continuous story line that lasts throughout all your stages/getting all your skills.) Yeah, sending more than one ticket just makes them either delete the second ticket or send you to the end of the line so I'd definitely encourage people to be patient since they have to respond to all the people whose PWs they reset first. It's not that I don't want PvP people to have fun or think they are all morons or anything like that. I just can't really in all good consciousness go there anymore until it's fixed because of the sanctioned harassment of new players in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow, I wish mods would be as passionate about other issues that also matters to players as they have been with this one. Most of the time they just repeat lines on handed-down note cards that says PWE isn't doing anything wrong.

Perhaps that speaks to the seriousness of this issue? Or maybe they're just bored... what do I know.
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Perhaps that speaks to the seriousness of this issue? Or maybe they're just bored... what do I know.

Or maybe it's just pathetic. They're slowly taking out PVE, not realizing that they loose out on plenty of money by keeping it PVE.

Again. The moment the server switches to PVP, many people will find themselves another game, hell, if they don't fix this, many people will find themselves another game.

I've been discussing this in length with my faction leader, and faction members. There are 200 people roughly in my guild, and we've all been talking about what game we'd like to go to if it ends up leading into more pvp.

The servers are labeled PVE only. Let's keep them that way! b:irritated
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Whoopsies Kritty, sorry 'bout that, but look at all the good PR i've been giving you!! b:chuckle

I think you got confused because Kritty has included the poll and supports it over the poll asking how people feel about the change which a MOD should do. I can see Kritty must agree with the change.
  • dustinashe
    dustinashe Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

um, I ma merely commenting on the coffee spill thing...

That particular store had been cited and warned abouut their coffee being TOO hot before the incident.

jsut something that not sure all knew of.

But you have valid point about USA.
    I thought USA was proud of being American, being different, and standing out in a crowd.
    They said that the change was made because thats the way it was in china/ japan/ wherever. So it was to include them or something like that.

point is. YA CANT PLEASE EVERYONE.
    so they PLEASE THEMSELVES.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Or maybe it's just pathetic. They're slowly taking out PVE, not realizing that they loose out on plenty of money by keeping it PVE.

Again. The moment the server switches to PVP, many people will find themselves another game, hell, if they don't fix this, many people will find themselves another game.

I've been discussing this in length with my faction leader, and faction members. There are 200 people roughly in my guild, and we've all been talking about what game we'd like to go to if it ends up leading into more pvp.

The servers are labeled PVE only. Let's keep them that way! b:irritated

b:surrender Erm no server is labeled PvE only sadly so sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:surrender Erm no server is labeled PvE only sadly so sorry

And where did that person profess it did say they were labeled as PVE only? The intention of labeling a server to be PVE is that the player can quest and level up with out being forced into a PVP situation. No one said remove all chance of PVP on a PVE server. I think the vast majority of people who are against the change do not wish to remove all pvp but they do feel if the company labels a server to be PVE and puts in rules and things like PK switches so players who do NOT wish to participate can do ALL of their pve quest chains in a non harassment environment.

Dont forget to go vote: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180731&page=11
    edited September 2011
    Options

I just want to add that if I remember what case you are talking about, the reason the woman sued is because the cup didn't come with a large enough warning for everyone to read (she was elderly) but the coffee was so hot it gave her THIRD degree burns. The chain at the time were repeatedly warned not to serve coffee at 190 degrees (or at least let people know) because at that temperature it gave people third degree burns in two seconds but they ignored it. Now, I don't know about you but I when I've spilled coffee on myself from the stuff I make at home or at most restaurants, the only thing that is ruined is my clothing not my skin. I certainly have never suffered third degree burns even though I've spilt a few cups on myself throughout the years. Even when it's fresh from the carafe. The woman also tried to settle the issue out of court a total of 4-5 times before it went to trial They refused to settle with her because they had already settled with 700 other people to the tune of 500k and probably felt they didn't owe any damages because "most people don't drink the coffee right away," anyway. Which is actually the reason it was served so hot. So that it would stay hot on your way to work. The woman had simply opened it up to put in cream and sugar while it was still hot and hadn't actually consumed it when she spilled. I think she ultimately settled during the appeal process for less than like 600k dollars, which considering the number of years it was in court, the amount of mocking press she received and the damage done to her name, the 20,000 dollars in medical bills, and the permanent injuries she received sounds reasonable.

I know people like to use this as the poster child of frivilous lawsuits, but people who do should really know more about the case instead of just the headline. Now the girls that tried to sue McDonalds because they got fat. That case was dismissed for being obviously stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Moonsyn - Raging Tide
    Moonsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    and Where Did That Person Profess It Did Say They Were Labeled As Pve Only? The Intention Of Labeling A Server To Be Pve Is That The Player Can Quest And Level Up With Out Being Forced Into A Pvp Situation. No One Said Remove All Chance Of Pvp On A Pve Server. I Think The Vast Majority Of People Who Are Against The Change Do Not Wish To Remove All Pvp But They Do Feel If The Company Labels A Server To Be Pve And Puts In Rules And Things Like Pk Switches So Players Who Do Not Wish To Participate Can Do All Of Their Pve Quest Chains In A Non Harassment Environment.

^^ This
  • taz76
    taz76 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since the Secret Passage is now PVP you should move SilverFrost and the Shade Eideo and the other boss that is in there. Because noone will be able to kill them without getting killed. LOL guess they didn't think it through all the way.
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    Misha_L - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It would appear Allisandre already did this, but b/c you specifically highlighted my post to try to tell me what you thought the TOS said.. I wanted to make sure again that you know what it really says.

5. Account

You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Games and certain features and functions or our Service. You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account. If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, we require that you review these Terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them. If you are the parent of guardian of a user of our website and you have questions about this website or these terms, please contact us at tos@perfectworldinc.com.

Double checks, yep that says 13

EDIT: Furthermore:

Notwithstanding the above, certain portions of our Website and some of our games may contain mature contents not suitable for anyone younger than 18 years of age. We will require that you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older to access such content. If you enter any portion of the Website which is intended for or is marked for mature audiences only, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years old or the applicable age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and have the legal right to access such content. We shall not be responsible in any way for your failure to accurately confirm your age per the terms hereunder.

This means that if you are about to enter some game or area of the game that is for ppl 18 and older, you will have to confirm that you realize you are entering such a zone and that you are in fact 18 years or older. I don't get this warning before logging into Perfect world.

b:surprised OMG the stuff on Heavens Tear is designed for 13 year old PPL. I must be getting old. I guess Penthouse and Hustler are designed for 5 year old PPL . They are much less pornographic than stuff I read on Heavens Tear world chat. Considering how often I see it I assume that language is allowed in this game.
  • Mecatl - Heavens Tear
    Mecatl - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I voted and submitted a ticket. Now get PK out of SP! b:bye
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Considering how often I see it I assume that language is allowed in this game.

You would think, PWE just thought it would be good business management to take away in game GM's for PWI in order to save money, this way they don't have to pay who ever to GM the game and monitor stuff, oh and actually having the /GM command to actually have a purpose.

oh and on topic, they easily could of picked other places that arn't used as a PK hot spot, that dungeon near fb89 demon, the boat in DWP, or even just made an actual area that's not an instance, into a PK zone with no drops or red name, of course, they simply can't be bothered and see that this glitch may as well just be a feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just want to add that if I remember what case you are talking about, the reason the woman sued is because the cup didn't come with a large enough warning for everyone to read (she was elderly) but the coffee was so hot it gave her THIRD degree burns. The chain at the time were repeatedly warned not to serve coffee at 190 degrees (or at least let people know) because at that temperature it gave people third degree burns in two seconds but they ignored it. Now, I don't know about you but I when I've spilled coffee on myself from the stuff I make at home or at most restaurants, the only thing that is ruined is my clothing not my skin. I certainly have never suffered third degree burns even though I've spilt a few cups on myself throughout the years. Even when it's fresh from the carafe. The woman also tried to settle the issue out of court a total of 4-5 times before it went to trial They refused to settle with her because they had already settled with 700 other people to the tune of 500k and probably felt they didn't owe any damages because "most people don't drink the coffee right away," anyway. Which is actually the reason it was served so hot. So that it would stay hot on your way to work. The woman had simply opened it up to put in cream and sugar while it was still hot and hadn't actually consumed it when she spilled. I think she ultimately settled during the appeal process for less than like 600k dollars, which considering the number of years it was in court, the amount of mocking press she received and the damage done to her name, the 20,000 dollars in medical bills, and the permanent injuries she received sounds reasonable.

I know people like to use this as the poster child of frivilous lawsuits, but people who do should really know more about the case instead of just the headline. Now the girls that tried to sue McDonalds because they got fat. That case was dismissed for being obviously stupid.

I know I read it it was an example there are other stupid cases to be had that is just a memorable one even its not stupid. Everything has a story behind it and everyone has their reason for complaining.

I did vote mcfreakie as soon as the thread was posted well after a few posts were in it admittedly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I know I read it it was an example there are other stupid cases to be had that is just a memorable one even its not stupid. Everything has a story behind it and everyone has their reason for complaining.

I did vote mcfreakie as soon as the thread was posted well after a few posts were in it admittedly.

LOL Sorry it's just a personal pet peeve of mine that everyone always cites this case and even a documentary tried to use it as an example of frivolous lawsuits when it wasn't. They had no warnings that their coffee was served so hot it would give 3rd degree burns if you tried to pull into the parking lot and put some cream and sugar in it. That's a pretty reasonable thing to be able to think you can do. They should have made the warning visible to all people. Now when people cite the fat girls trying to sue McDonald's because they made them fat as though someone put a gun to their heads and forced them to eat cheeseburgers all the time, I'm all for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    Misha_L - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We need to start looking at the positive aspects of these changes they are doing. PWI has way too many paying customers and that is affecting our game play. Archosaur is nicknamed Lagosaur due to all the excess people. Now the game will feel like a private server after all the people leave. PWE has become very wealthy and no longer needs the customer base.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options

I disagree with pk in SP. If your going to make an open PK instance, either make a "brand new" one, or at the very least dont put it where EVERYONE (lowbes included) go to. Could of made the Guild Base some kind of open PK thing. Ijs b:surrender
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wont comment much on that Misha besides the fact that to me this server feels like a private server already. I wont go into detail besides saying look around...
This discussion has been closed.