PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The last time I tried this on my lowbie, I was killed. When you teleport it holds you outside the instance for a moment - right where there are a group of monsters with AoE attacks. ijs

I can verify that, you indeed get teleported to the area for a split second before actually entering the FB instance - which could in fact get you killed by campers.
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The fact that you're too green to understand what pk is and that you're just making yourself a target for a lvl 105 r9 barb named Bubba to make you his ****. Just remember not to drop the soap ;)

You know I glady agree with Lady Tsuki, this is a huge problem for PVE servers, infact the pk rate is why i left Harshlands for Archosaur. I couldn't handle being pked while i was questing. Especially multiple times then being told "It's a pk server, deal with it." That's why i left Harshlands before sinking another dime into the game. Am I better off? Sure! In the same time it took me to get a bm to lv 60 on Harshlands, I've gotten a Barb to 79, a BM to 91, a veno to 60, a cleric to 30, and now i'm working on decking out my seeker before he makes it past 41.

Honestly, it is my opinion that PK should not exist on a non pk server. Either have the server be labeled pvp and have it completely open. Or have it labeled pve and don't allow any pking what so ever.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I said 3 days ago it was on purpose. Go me!
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I said 3 days ago it was on purpose. Go me!

LOL, at the I told you so, but on purpose or not. It's still stupid.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I can verify that, you indeed get teleported to the area for a split second before actually entering the FB instance - which could in fact get you killed by campers.

Yup, Illusion Stone isn't a sure bet. Hell just the mobs that are in the room kill half the lowbies teleporting using the illusion stone. We've complained about that for eons. They should teleport you straight into the instance instead of into the doorway.

but yeah, if a 100+ wiz sets up a DB right there at the door, it's gunna fry a lot of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

So really teleporting to Hall of Deception is really a horrible solution for lowbies and this whole thing is an utter snafu? Great now I'm going to delete all my alts until this **** gets fixed.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even though most of us are in our 40s and 50s, I have run into people as young as 12 on this game. BTW .... A lot of us in our 40s and 50s have grown up and are tired of seeing immature raunchy text in a game.

You mentioned that the GMs barely log in. Do they ever log in. I have not seen any sign of a GM on the Heavens Tear server since I started playing in February of 2008. I do see many people begging to talk to a GM on world chat with no reply.

:O how did you start playing February 2008? did you play in the closed closed beta? Cause this game started November 2nd 2008.................. Even in the closed beta being sometimes in julyish around those months I don't think you could have started in febuary 2008. You must mean 2009 and even if you do your still wrong because Pressa saw GMs until 2010 in the WC and Red text. Frequently........ Pressa used to Duel GMs when my character was 60ish and that was in 2009.
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    I appreciate both sides opinion but as the current poll shows only 15% of those who voted support this change. There is as much support of it as the US Congressmen doing their job. almost 75% are against the new change and a vast majority of the population has not had the chance to even vote.

Customer Service has caused this thread to go viral as they are now directing ALL traffic from tickets to this thread. So after a huge blunder they are causing their own trouble by further trying to shove it down our throats.

Yes once again I state its not a good idea for it to be in SP thats literally the ONLY reason people are in a fuss. If it was a new instance no one would care some probably wouldn't hear about it ever. Its that its in SP that people are being whiny and yes I mean whiny because thats exactly what they are being. (I understand with good reason but whining is still whining no matter the reason)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgueVamp - Heavens Tear
    MorgueVamp - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was going to buy zen for packs but now not gonna happen, not pouring $ into game that let's my lil chars on pve server die instead of completing quests or grinding. Allowing blue names to be pk'd defeats the purpose of the blue.
    I have high levels on pvp and pve servers, this is just ridiculous and I chose pve for currents for a reason.
    How do we tell pw to get their heads out of their nether regions? Trouble tickets don't work....
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Shade Eido and Silver Frost rooms should become NON-PvP rooms, then add teleports to them at the Illusion Stone for free.

Rocket science.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Would you like some cheese with my whine? b:chuckle

Seriously though it's an issue and needs to be fixed.
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If the developers truly plan on keeping PK open for SP then it is time to fix who can be affected by AE attacks.

Anotherwords leave it playable yet remove their ability to just hit anyone or everyone as if they own the server.

Those people who are not actively PVP let them be safe even in there.

Or to best show those PVP'rs what it is like remove the PVP safe areas for the PVP players!

Make all areas for those with PVP active an area they can be killed and drop items: IE: Make no safe haven for PVP players either. In doing so even PVP players will feel the pain ohers do.

Eros

PS: This will mean all PVP players even if set up as a cat shop can be killed and taken for the items they are trying to sell. Also modify the PVP rules for every person killed in PVP actively let them have added 5 minutes to the cool down timer before being able to go Non-PVP..
    I mean hey if they are truly so big bad and ugly why would they want to hide and not be able to fight 24 - 7 .. Hmmm ??? Let their egos truly fly or die.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was going to buy zen for packs but now not gonna happen, not pouring $ into game that let's my lil chars on pve server die instead of completing quests or grinding. Allowing blue names to be pk'd defeats the purpose of the blue.
    I have high levels on pvp and pve servers, this is just ridiculous and I chose pve for currents for a reason.
    How do we tell pw to get their heads out of their nether regions? Trouble tickets don't work....

:P yes it somewhat defeats the purpose but its not the only place blue names are allowed to be pked

And the reason tickets aren't working is because people are being idiots and flooding the system :P as if that helps get things done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yup, Illusion Stone isn't a sure bet. Hell just the mobs that are in the room kill half the lowbies teleporting using the illusion stone. We've complained about that for eons. They should teleport you straight into the instance instead of into the doorway.

but yeah, if a 100+ wiz sets up a DB right there at the door, it's gunna fry a lot of people.

And yeah that is yet another point vortex db that s hit while a cleric in safe zone bbs >_> how is this right.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Clerics regularly clear the room with a well-timed Tempest. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    :P yes it somewhat defeats the purpose but its not the only place blue names are allowed to be pked

And the reason tickets aren't working is because people are being idiots and flooding the system :P as if that helps get things done.

Actually flooding them with tickets would likely show them how many people this is affecting and how upset they are
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Actually flooding them with tickets would likely show them how many people this is affecting and how upset they are

Flooding aside, do you know what happens to a ticket that hits the que regarding this topic? They link them here and mark them closed. I doubt that the tier 1 help desk even marks down what is affecting players.
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Clerics regularly clear the room with a well-timed Tempest. :P

*puts on to do list* learn that demon book tempest i have had in my bank for 3 months.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Most of the campers on HT are some of the better TW factions. In other words level 100+ all with rank gear. So no that's not going to happen.

YES ... They are the more powerful factions. I am not sure if I would define Enrage and GoldDigrz as better. I will not join any guild with the bunch of sadistic bullies that fill those guilds. I prefer to be associated with a moderate TW guild with a much better class of people. I play this game to have fun. I do not need to beat up the helpless to feel like a man or feel good about myself. There again .... I do well in real life so I do not have to prove myself in a game. Too bad these people have no lives in the real world so they have to fake tough in a game and destroy the fun for others.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yes as well as busting a dam does for watering a flower I suppose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Flooding aside, do you know what happens to a ticket that hits the que regarding this topic? They link them here and mark them closed. I doubt that the tier 1 help desk even marks down what is affecting players.

If they get carpal tunnel from closing and redirecting all the tickets here, maybe this change will hurt them a little too. b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    Options

Wait, we can blow up dams to water our plants now? (runs off to get some TNT)
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol so like a week ago long before this thread was published i submitted a ticket complaining about being pked on my alt. low lvl sin in SP. ppl told me to submit a ticket cuz it was bannable and so i did.. the response never arrived and the day after this thread was openned they sent:

"Action: A solution for your issue has been suggested.
    With the latest patch the developers have made some significant changes to the Secret Passage instance. As a result, PVP is no longer outlawed within the instance.

Please read over the announcement here for more information:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180311"

Basically saying "yeah **** you it is now allowed so say goodbye to questing in there and your spiritual cultivation. You will only go in there to kill or get killed. Thank you."

......Fail...... n i was about to invite my cousins to join the game..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

So almighty Pressa tell us your wisdom for complaints as you seem to have ALL the ****** answers. Does driving a car while drunk because you CAN get away with it ok too? Should anyone who disagrees with this change just simply sit around and paint a smile on our faces cause there is little that might please you to do about it? Where do we find twits like this?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol so like a week ago long before this thread was published i submitted a ticket complaining about being pked on my alt. low lvl sin in SP. ppl told me to submit a ticket cuz it was bannable and so i did.. the response never arrived and the day after this thread was openned they sent:

With the latest patch the developers have made some significant changes to the Secret Passage instance. As a result, PVP is no longer outlawed within the instance.

Basically saying "yeah **** you it is now allowed so say goodbye to questing in there and your spiritual cultivation. You will only go in there to kill or get killed. Thank you."

Me thinks guild wars will be getting many players back now.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    :O how did you start playing February 2008? did you play in the closed closed beta? Cause this game started November 2nd 2008.................. Even in the closed beta being sometimes in julyish around those months I don't think you could have started in febuary 2008. You must mean 2009 and even if you do your still wrong because Pressa saw GMs until 2010 in the WC and Red text. Frequently........ Pressa used to Duel GMs when my character was 60ish and that was in 2009.

b:surrender Ops ..I was off by a year ... I started in February 2009
    Will be 3 years for me in February
    b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options

I got a link that was it >_> and told it was legal look at link we are not fixing this.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options

...and they never had to water the flower again. The End. Wasn't that a beautiful story?

I'm just saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wait, we can blow up dams to water our plants now? (runs off to get some TNT)

Whoops!! Hope i don't live by you!!! b:laugh
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Honestly I'd say let some GMs sit in SP and monitor it, but
    1. there are no gms anymore.
    2. they'd be the only ones not able to be pked because of their god weapons and armor
    3. Like they'd do anything anyways.
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am glad you saw a GM ...... None of my 11 characters between lvl 65 and 101 have. Where do they hide? Why don't they do anything to address the raunchy world chat? Why don't they answer when people call for them in world chat?
This discussion has been closed.