PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    Misha_L - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL Sorry it's just a personal pet peeve of mine that everyone always cites this case and even a documentary tried to use it as an example of frivolous lawsuits when it wasn't. They had no warnings that their coffee was served so hot it would give 3rd degree burns if you tried to pull into the parking lot and put some cream and sugar in it. That's a pretty reasonable thing to be able to think you can do. They should have made the warning visible to all people. Now when people cite the fat girls trying to sue McDonald's because they made them fat as though someone put a gun to their heads and forced them to eat cheeseburgers all the time, I'm all for it.

WOW ... The example I got in Business Law was the stool with all the warnings that it was not to be used to climb on. Lady used it as a ladder and successfully sued them. Court ruled that the business is responsible for the foreseeable misuse of the product.
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Perhaps that speaks to the seriousness of this issue? Or maybe they're just bored... what do I know.
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    And where did that person profess it did say they were labeled as PVE only? The intention of labeling a server to be PVE is that the player can quest and level up with out being forced into a PVP situation. No one said remove all chance of PVP on a PVE server. I think the vast majority of people who are against the change do not wish to remove all pvp but they do feel if the company labels a server to be PVE and puts in rules and things like PK switches so players who do NOT wish to participate can do ALL of their pve quest chains in a non harassment environment.

Dont forget to go vote: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180731&page=11

Exactly what I was going for! Thank you!

Honestly, I don't want to be running off to save a newb in my faction. I don't want to have to worry about being pked daily, and I Don't want to deal with people who have dumped nearly 20 thousand dollars on the game to get that perfect 5 aps bm to kill me in 1 minute flat.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I disagree with pk in SP. If your going to make an open PK instance, either make a "brand new" one, or at the very least dont put it where EVERYONE (lowbes included) go to. Could of made the Guild Base some kind of open PK thing. Ijs b:surrender

Yay for more mod opinions!! Most PVE'ers just want it moved, why aren't pk'ers on board with this. You can't wait while it's transitioned or is ganking just too much fun?

If you haven't already please vote as opposed to pk in SP or for it to be moved to Cave of Sadistic Glee on the 2 polls(one under general discussion and the other under suggestion box). b:thanks
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    WOW ... The example I got in Business Law was the stool with all the warnings that it was not to be used to climb on. Lady used it as a ladder and successfully sued them. Court ruled that the business is responsible for the foreseeable misuse of the product.

Alright, So what you're saying is that if someone hacks into the game and adds a line of code so that Canada is nuked everytime Quinzi is killed, the company who made the game is responsible?

Where's my book on C++?
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Alright, So what you're saying is that if someone hacks into the game and adds a line of code so that Canada is nuked everytime Quinzi is killed, the company who made the game is responsible?

Where's my book on C++?

NOOOOOO!!! Save Canada!!! If only for the hockey!!!b:victory
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wont comment much on that Misha besides the fact that to me this server feels like a private server already. I wont go into detail besides saying look around...

Let me guess ...Lot of posts and very few new people posting b:chuckle
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

Where's my book on C++?

Here ... you can use mine .... I memorized all of C++ already. One of those nasty side effects of being a software engineer. b:chuckle I like the other side effect ... I was able to retire at 43. I have really enjoyed the last 5 years of retirement. b:laugh
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Here ... you can use mine .... I memorized all of C++ already. One of those nasty side effects of being a software engineer. b:chuckle I like the other side effect ... I was able to retire at 43. I have really enjoyed the last 5 years of retirement. b:laugh

Gratz!!! Now with all your free time and knowledge build us a new better game. Call it More Perfect World!! b:thanks
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    NOOOOOO!!! Save Canada!!! If only for the hockey!!!b:victory

OMG ... I like hockey. Quick ... Change the launch codes b:chuckle
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OMG ... I like hockey. Quick ... Change the launch codes b:chuckle

*Sigh* Please don't de-rail this...
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You know, when ppl with post counts less than 100 who clearly don't frequent the forum suddenly start posting, you would think they'd realize there is a problem. And clearly someone who is lvl 80,90, or 100 has not just made a toon to be incognito on here so no1 knows who they are.

However; this thread has grew about 40 or 50 pages within 17 hours and we've yet to get any response from any GM, least of all Frankie. I think that speaks in volumes exactly what they think about their customers, we aren't important enough to even dignify an answer. We don't want to hear that you are working on a spreadsheet, we want to hear that you've heard us loud and clear and you are doing everything you can to fix this where BOTH sides of this issue will be happy.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am not sure about you, but I thought the subject of Hockey was germane to the arguments on SP PK. b:shutup
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sry ... I am not happy about the change either. Another instance like Cave of Sadistic Glee would have been a lot better for a PVP instance on the PVE servers. Unfortunately this game is made in China and PWE has no control over what the changes are.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options

My apologies for the transition to hockey talk, but in all seriousness, this needs to be changed and we've yet to see an official response even after all the posts and poll's. So what is it going to take? More tickets? More QQ? More RageQuitting? When will we get something back from the GM's?

And for those who don't know please vote for no more PK inside of Secret Passage on the 2 polls(one under General Discussion and the other under the Suggestion Box)b:thanks
  • VioletHeals - Momaganon
    VioletHeals - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    From what i understand Frankie doesnt like to do any actual work. Talking to the chinese and coming up with ideas on how they could change it would be to close to work for him i believe.
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You know, when ppl with post counts less than 100 who clearly don't frequent the forum suddenly start posting, you would think they'd realize there is a problem. And clearly someone who is lvl 80,90, or 100 has not just made a toon to be incognito on here so no1 knows who they are.

However; this thread has grew about 40 or 50 pages within 17 hours and we've yet to get any response from any GM, least of all Frankie. I think that speaks in volumes exactly what they think about their customers, we aren't important enough to even dignify an answer. We don't want to hear that you are working on a spreadsheet, we want to hear that you've heard us loud and clear and you are doing everything you can to fix this where BOTH sides of this issue will be happy.

You are right ... A lot of us who are unhappy with PK in SP have high lvl characters and have been playing for a long time. I have a 101 barb and 100 cleric along with this veno ... I have played every class to lvl 65 or higher. No power leveling here.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Stop, before righteous or elitist players calling you no life or moron...
    I am serious b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure Frankie talks to the devs in China directly.

Frankie made a spreadsheet about a list of complaints and will probably give it to his boss/supervisor which he/she will give it to a board of directors in PWE and evaluate the situation. Once a more organized report has been made, and probably add some statistics on top, they'll contact China. Once they do the Chinese people whose job is to communicate with PWE and the rest of the PWI versions in the rest of the world will give the report to another board of superiors. They will evaluate the report, compare it to their own situation with the issue and come up with a final decision. Then they'll contact the developers and change the code. After some testing to make sure that our characters don't end up with a third arm they'll send it over to PWE. PWE has to test it on their test servers and probably translate it as well. And finally we'll have our old Secret Passage back to its former state.

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hockey? Is that the game that's played on boomsticks?
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure Frankie talks to the devs in China directly.

Frankie made a spreadsheet on a list of complaints and will probably give it to his boss/supervisor which he/she will give it to a board of directors in PWE and evaluate the situation. Once a more organized report has been made, and probably add some statistics on top, they'll contact China. Once they do the Chinese people whose job is to communicate with PWE and the rest of the PWI versions in the rest of the world will give the report to another board of superiors. They will evaluate the report, compare it to their own situation with the issue and come up with a final decision. Then they'll contact the developers and change the code. After some testing to make sure that our characters don't end up with a third arm they'll send it over to PWE. PWE has to test it on their test servers and probably translate it as well. And finally we'll have our old Secret Passage back to its former state.

b:sad

Or they could just do an emergency patch removing the old code, and give us all that third arm we so desire, and the no pk in SP thing.
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Not sure ... never played hockey on a computer .... Too much fun on the ice b:victory

I hope they are able to change the PK in SP so I can resume helping low lvl ppl in there.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Or they could just do an emergency patch removing the old code, and give us all that third arm we so desire, and the no pk in SP thing.

I really hope they could do that. Unfortunately there's an enitre procedure that must be done before the code is changed. PWE and PW-CN must have their own policies on when to do regular maintenance and when to do an emergency maintenance. Emergency maints are probably exclusive to game/company breaking situations like the Duke Rose a long time ago.

It would be nice if Frankie or any other GM could explain to us the process that goes inside the company when they decide to make changes in the game so we have a clearer idea on how everything works instead of expecting devs to magically solve everything. Although, I'm not sure they can divulge that information to the general public.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well well its 20:21 here in california where we have the pwi office . so we wont get any more info from the gm tonight. and i am sure frankie is home playing wow right now B-)
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well well its 20:21 here in california where we have the pwi office . so we wont get any more info from the gm tonight. and i am sure frankie is home playing wow right now B-)

You win best quote of the day.
    That was priceless!!
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'd hope they correct this decision, and sp gets back to normal old days, because I really like this game.

However, for the moment and while waiting for a change, I'll play my older games which are still fun b:pleased but I had left aside because of pwi.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PvP on Archosaur is now 100% enabled and allowed !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well i hope they change the status of PVP back to PVE. They way it is suks and does unjust to people that play the PVE. Due to not been able to play the quest that r in Secrete Passage that come up like silver frost, shade edio and Dismal shade which is a time quest and now PVE ppl can not do none of these quest because some people in pwi decided to take that part of the fun away and turn the dam thing of secret passage into a killing ground. What a stupid idea this is. yesh they really thought this out Right "" NOT "" I think they lost there noodle when they came up with this so called genis idea gain "" NOT ". I have sent in many a complaint along with others. I like to know how there going to solve this one cause ppl that play PVE can not and one Brillant GM says they can do these quest outside and teleport into theinstance well that does not make sence in doing these quest which are not cult but part of other quest that are needed in the secret passage. So how do we pull these lovly bosses out of secret passage to get them done use a magical wand right. Ya ok this is going to work a magical wand to do these quest get on that tommorow. As in my final statement How does PVE people do there quest in secret passage WITH OUT GETTING PKED AS SOON AS THEY WALK IN. Lets get the idoits that put this in place to think about that along with what happens if some one gets pked and looses stuff that they bought with rl money another Thought.b:angry
  • Sin_pker - Harshlands
    Sin_pker - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    fix this ****! u cant fix this why allow this, when u cant fix the dragon boss in FC, yet thats bannable??! This is a load of ****. PvE serversu shouldnt be able to attk blue names.... i dont care what it is. ur Tech's are ****. Lowbies cant even go in for FB's without getting Pk'd. your ruining this game! u want more players... FIX IT! this has happened to games in the past i have been in, and players left because no new players could level. im waiting for this to happen to this game, and u will finally see u screwed this game up. i Just came back from a long break, to see this game being screwed up by tech's is a load of ****. get people that listen to the community to run this game! You will lose alot of money in the long run by this. people hate that u did this, im seeingh inall over world chat. when players get bored and leave? ur income will go down the drain. Listen to the damn communtiy, they play this, you dont. u just mod it and make things worse for veteran players, as well as new ones to the game.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL Sorry it's just a personal pet peeve of mine that everyone always cites this case and even a documentary tried to use it as an example of frivolous lawsuits when it wasn't. They had no warnings that their coffee was served so hot it would give 3rd degree burns if you tried to pull into the parking lot and put some cream and sugar in it. That's a pretty reasonable thing to be able to think you can do. They should have made the warning visible to all people. Now when people cite the fat girls trying to sue McDonald's because they made them fat as though someone put a gun to their heads and forced them to eat cheeseburgers all the time, I'm all for it.
    I'm sorry, I had to respond to this. It's a personal pet peeve of mine that people deny that this was a frivolous lawsuit. For the longest time, the #1 hit on google for this case was the site of the law firm which represented the lady (it is now #3), which gave a very skewed version of "the facts" as they called them, leading to the widely held misbelief that this case had merit. The true facts are:

McDonalds had a policy to set the temperature for holding their brewed coffee at 180-190 F.
    This is consistent with the The National Coffee Association's recommendation of 180-185 F.
    This is consistent with Bunn's recommendation of 175-185 F (they're the largest manufacturer of coffee brewing machines).
    Starbucks refuses to state what temperature they hold their coffee at, but word from employees is that it's 180 F.

McDonalds current policy is to hold coffee at 80-90 C, which is 176-194 F. In other words, the lawsuit hasn't changed their policy one bit. They tried lowering the temperature soon after the lawsuit, but too many customers complained about the coffee getting cold too quickly, so they raised it back.

The plaintiffs surveyed the coffee temperatures of nearby restaurants, and reported that temperatures "at other establishments" was 155 F. They did not state the average temp of their survey. So it's logical to conclude 155 F was the lowest temp they found, and that the average temp was close to 180-190 F. Stating the average was close to or within McDonalds' temp would have blown their whole case, so they did not reveal the average despite paying for the survey. Notice how "at other establishments" sounds like an average when it isn't? Lawyers are great at misleading with slick wording like this. The 155 F temp was probably a mis-set or a broken machine.

The plaintiffs made much ballyhoo about how liquids served at temperatures above 140 F represent a significant burn hazard. But according to Bunn, "Many of the volatile aromatics in coffee have boiling points above 150 F (65 C). They simply are not perceived when coffee is served at lower temperatures." In other words, coffee isn't coffee unless it's served at a dangerous temperature. This is a product which has to be dangerous to be enjoyed. And unless you're suggesting McDonalds should hire people to blow on your coffee to cool it, it's up to the imbiber to handle and consume the dangerous product safely.

Yes 700 people were scaled by McDonalds coffee before the lawsuit. But that was over 11 years and billions of cups of coffee. Statistically, if you drive 5 miles round trip to buy your cup of McDonalds coffee, you are more likely to be killed in a car accident than to spill the coffee on yourself. If McDonalds coffee is dangerous, then our cars and roads are even more dangerous and need to be shut down immediately.

Jurors interviewed after the case pretty much said the lawyers for McDonalds acted like jerks. They were so sure they were going to win the case that they didn't show a shred of sympathy for the lady. This incensed the jurors so much that they figured someone had to pay for her medical bills, it might as well be McDonalds.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is complete BS.

I'm in there trying to help a friend with quests and we get pk'd at random.

We're both blue-named.

Blue names shouldn't be able to get pk'd. If we wanted to pk we'd enable our pk.

I understand people wanting a place for that ****, but when people just want to get quests done they should be safe.

This isn't a pvp server.

Pk'ers can have their pk, that's fine..but for those who don't want to we shoul dbe safe no matter what.

Fix this ****.

You take the blue pill, you earn a one way ticket to the respawn point.

You take the 'Red Pill' and you stay in PK land and you and your friends fight back and you see how deep the group pvp goes.

b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
This discussion has been closed.