PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

Update: This change to Secret Passage is being reverted due to the extremely negative feedback following the change. Please see this thread for more discussion:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1185771

Thanks.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pwned.

You might want to move silver frost outside before they cry again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

Can I just say...

Told ya'll so.

b:chuckle

Oh, and I'm not being rude, just thankful for a final word on the issue.b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Good call. Be sure to update the startup notice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Meriadoc - Heavens Tear
    Meriadoc - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +1 ... Culti mobs may be outside, but Silverfrost is required for the OHT chain of quests. If this pvp thing is gonna stay, he should be moved elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meriadoc - 100 BM / Arhil - 9x Archer (Retired for now) / Bent_Wookie - 8x Barb / Artyfins - 8x Sin / Amarhathol - 7x Seeker
    ... and many more xD
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    100% enable...................

Just wonder how many high level tards are going to PK all the low-mid level players there..............

It's a nice new.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Liandri - Lothranis
    Liandri - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don't let whiners ruin the only positive change to the game you've made since.. well anything pre-anni packs.
    Liten Men Tuff
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My only concerns are that there are mobs in there that are required for completing quests that are not found outside of the instance (Silverfrost, Shade Endo-however you spell his name) and that you are forcing newbies to spend so-and-so coin to teleport into the instance, as well as those who wish to help them.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

1. Why not use the arenas so all aren't forced into this and harrassed when they try to help others.

2. How are my alts supposed to ever finish level 100 spiritual cultivation without killing Silver Frost? Answer that please.

3. Except those with the weapon token quest, as they are too low to teleport in.

Flawed reasoning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes, please update the thread in the official announcements to reflect this, and eliminate it from the NOTICE section of the games' first start-up screen.

I have to admit I am also concerned about Silver Frost and the like already previously mentioned... Those aren't outside this cave =\
  • SaiyumiChan_ - Heavens Tear
    SaiyumiChan_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My only concerns are that there are mobs in there that are required for completing quests that are not found outside of the instance (Silverfrost, Shade Endo-however you spell his name) and that you are forcing newbies to spend so-and-so coin to teleport into the instance, as well as those who wish to help them.

Yes exactly, there are other mobs that are only found inside the instance that aren't found anywhere else. Should move the mobs that are needed for the quest or something...and it also isnt right for someone to have to pay coin to get inside a cave that was fairly easy to get into...
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes exactly, there are other mobs that are only found inside the instance that aren't found anywhere else. Should move the mobs that are needed for the quest or something...and it also isnt right for someone to have to pay coin to get inside a cave that was fairly easy to get into...

I was gonna say that too, I was thinking they should make the illusion stone FREE to get into cave29 then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players should NOT be FORCED into paying the 5k to get in just because of this rule change!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So the devs screwed up yet again huh. Do they not know how to create a new area for this? Or perhaps to use an already existing area that does not have monsters needed for quests? ANY quests? An area that doesn't teleport you entirely out of the dungeon would be nice, then I'd fight there myself. A game about fun with flying knew what they were doing when it came to making an arena.

This was the highly censored version of my post. If I posted the full version I'm sure I'd receive a prompt ban.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When I pked a blue name, they got auto ported. Does that apply to white/red names too like in Dragon Temple? Will red names drop in there?
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear35
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear35 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Franky, eventho I'd love pk in sp back, I think we have another way more suitable instance for that. With same settings as sp have now, Cave of Sadistic Glee would be a way better choice. As people have pointed out, silverfrost is needed for your oht culti, while in CoSG no such quest is needed.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I do firmly believe this change by itself is going to be no good for all the previous mentioned reasons. There ARE mobs ("bosses" whatever) that people NEED in there like Silver Frost. Not to mention "just take the illusion stone in" I've heard that from players, but maybe someone doesn't want to or can't pay the 5k every time to use it, so it should be made FREE (so users can bypass any PKers)... We shouldn't be 'bullied' into having to take AND PAY for this 'teleport' by the PWE staff too!

Without other changes this is not going to be 'fair'
  • hwedragnfire1
    hwedragnfire1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    would it be much easier and smarter to actually open up the mysterious arena in the big towns and make them pvp arena. Instead of turning a low level dungeon into one where high level pvp low levels?. Just saying would save anyone complaining about anything,
  • VeraTigress - Heavens Tear
    VeraTigress - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree - if this change is gonna stay then they need to put Silver frost some where else, cuz alot of people wouldn't be able to do that part of chronno and not get PKed WHILE killing it. and i for one doesn't now that many 5aps people to kill it that fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VeraTigress - 10x Veno
    Mystikko - 7x Mystic
    XeraPhyna - 6x Seeker
    IceTangia - 6x Psychic
    FallonAngel - 10x Cleric
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PK in SP never should have been disallowed in the first place. Am not going to say "I told you so" but I always ignored that BS rule. It's like a gift from dev in the form of a slap in the face to the "No PK in SP" rule.
  • Laonna - Raging Tide
    Laonna - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    okee so they made PS a PK zone..... question.... how will the lower lvls get their bh/fb/quests done in there if the high lvls are on a killing spree? this is the most idiotic idea i have ever come across. not only are they potentially causing lower lvls to quit the game cause they cant get their quests and stuff done, but they are also turning down the potencial money they could be making off of those player. and why should the non pk players have to be the ones to wast their charms trying to get through there? suggestion... move PK zone to an area where it doesnt affect the lower lvls. clearly someone at PW HQ needs to wake up!!!! or maybe frankieraye should pay for everyones teles into the cave?
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Correct ... Silver Frost is required to get into OHT and there is no way to use the illusion stone to get to him. The lvl 99 culti chain can not be done without getting into OHT so it does effect the cultivation quests. How do the Tideborn do their weapons quest in the FB 29? their lvl is too low to use the illusion stone. Of course they can pay Enrage and GoldDigz ( ex Enrage PPL) members the coin required so the high lvl PKrs will let them do their quests. That is similar to when people had to pay Enrage members to allow them to do the Stripped Spider King quest.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Please change the login 'notice' already !
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

frankie, no insult and i know you're just the messenger. but pretending the harassment hasn't been or won't happen is just stupid. also, pretending that it'll be monitored is just plain dishonest.

i've spent a lot of money on my characters, and so have the people i've brought into the game. but no more. i'll probably just write it off and play one of the many games where they actually do a little more than once in a blue moon answer issues on a forum that it took hundreds of complaints for you to finally come and let us know (for sure) that we just don't matter.

cheers.
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if this is permanent then the devs should put ALL the low-mid level quests "bosses" and items outside SP!!!

why on earth you make a free pvp area on a low level instance?!?!?! what the hell are you thinking?!?!

geez...

good bye token of the seven quest! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have token of seven quest on one of my alts. How do i obtain the wheel of seven now?

Oh well this is just another in a long line of **** the players over things pwi does.

Shame on you, pwi, shame on you
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    After stating my concerns to Frankie it seems PWE's current stance is that "You don't have to do these quests". However, questing is a part of this game and some people want to do it regardless of the current easy, fast and buy-able level 100.

I don't agree with this stance. I believe questing, especially at lower levels is vital to communicating with the community, engaging with players and introducing the game mechanics and learning process about your selected race/class.

I enjoyed doing the quests in SP as a new player making its way in the world of PWI. I enjoyed defeating Silver frost. I enjoy helping others achieving the same thing.

People don't have to do quests there, but that shouldn't matter, they want to. And that's all that's important.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Having bosses in there is part of the fun isn't it? What's the point of a PK instance if no one needs to go in there?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The point of a pk instance is for everyone who wants to pk to be able to pk. You should only be able to pk others that also want to pk and NO ONE ELSE. I really have no problem with a pk arena, I had a lot of fun with them in other mmos, but they didn't **** them up and put them in quest areas.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Having bosses in there is part of the fun isn't it? What's the point of a PK instance if no one needs to go in there?

The fact that the only players that NEED to go in there are the low levels is the big problem for a lot of people. For the higher level players, it's a choice.
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear35
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear35 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The fact that the only players that NEED to go in there are the low levels is the big problem for a lot of people. For the higher level players, it's a choice.

This, the easy solution isn't always the best solution
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Although, lower levels can't really kill some of those bosses on their own. But they won't find any high level help now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
This discussion has been closed.