140 Level 105s now?

Options

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nothing in PvE is immune to damage while it resets. It's possible to kill anything while it's resetting as long as you have the damage output. Don't know what that has to do with anything.

When you first hit the boss it spawns 1 goon. People abuse this when it's hp is mass resetting itself and it can take damage.

That's the flaw.

The fix is making it immune to damage when it resets then it wont spawn anymore goonz.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That doesn't explain why it spawns a lot more goons than the rate that it can take damage.

Clearly it was just doing something impossibly hard when you poke it the wrong way, like spewing an AOE when someone hits the wrong Oceania clone, or being within range of Runewolf at the wrong time.

A lot of people can now survive an Oceania AOE or two, just like how they can survive Runewolf slash and the goon wave now. What the devs didn't intend on was hypers being allowed in FCC like what PWI has done.

Once again this is all PWI's fault. They wanted their gold nuggets to power level with Hyper FCC, and now they're saying you power leveled too much, or too quickly. What kind of ignorant **** is that?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That doesn't explain why it spawns a lot more goons than the rate that it can take damage.

Clearly it was just doing something impossibly hard when you poke it the wrong way, like spewing an AOE when someone hits the wrong Oceania clone, or being within range of Runewolf at the wrong time.

A lot of people can now survive an Oceania AOE or two, just like how they can survive Runewolf slash and the goon wave now. What the devs didn't intend on was hypers being allowed in FCC like what PWI has done.

Once again this is all PWI's fault. They wanted their gold nuggets to power level with Hyper FCC, and now they're saying you power leveled too much, or too quickly. What kind of ignorant **** is that?

I agree with you on that PWI is completely at fault and has given us horrible mixed messages, but that doesn't mean that doing this glitch is justifiable in any way shape or form.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The fix is making it immune to damage when it resets then it wont spawn anymore goonz.

I would of thought the "easy" fix would be to make it so that the goon won't spawn till perhaps 10 seconds of being first attacked, then have it carry on spawning goons as it normally does during the boss fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    if (reset == yes) {goonzSpawn = "disabled";}

if (goonzSpawn != "disabled")

BladedZero - Sanctuary

• johntt11
    johntt11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    When there weren't hypers players leveled the "hard" way with eso's at best and xp reward from Fbs. Rebirth gamma/delta wasn't even doable for some time. No bhs or epic xp for the first Nirvana boss. Then these **** things were introduced and all of a sudden some talk about the "hard" way to hyper in fcc. Pre bh, hyper-fcc players can laugh about this thread...Relax and leave others alone with your hypocrite QQ. Nobody cares. b:bye
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

you wanna know why exactly this happens? I haven't seen the code but I can imagine it being something like this.

The boss will spawn when it first aggro from a reset state.

When boss is "resetting" (in "immune" state) It will continue to reset regardless of anything else until it reaches reset location.

The game may appear continues in real time, but could actually be processed in ticks of maybe 0.02 seconds (or whatever other small interval) which is enough to give a feeling of real time.

When boss is resetting and gets attacked, the boss goes into spawn state and spawns 1 goon, then in the next server tick goes back to reset state. However because you are standing next to the boss it will aggro you again since it is resetting next to a player and spawn another goons, then it repeats reset, spawn, reset spawn, every tick, which is why you see the spam of goons coming out. Also for this reason goons don't spam spawn if you hit it from far away.

Now this is just a theory, and the actual mechanic might be slightly different, but it shouldn't be too far from the truth.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Killing a lot of goons in a very small amount of time saves time... it doesn't magically get me to some place that no one else can go...... if I didn't kill goons I'd simply....do other stuff for exp.... there is no difference other then time it took me to get there.

I don't grind or solo FCC for 10 hours a day? That isn't my issue or a design flaw. They knew 3rd boss could spew mobs since last year when someone did it by accident and reported it. Anything more you want to QQ about is a personal problem.

I'll be very interested to see if Quilue is finally banned, after months of supporting violating the ToS and exploiting the glitch, and now finally admitting openly on forums that she is a gooner.

Of course, if Asterelle is any indication...
  • iamaspartan
    iamaspartan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    if (reset == yes) {goonzSpawn = "disabled";}

if (goonzSpawn != "disabled")

It's a 3d MMORPG game, it requires more then a simple sentence like that, you forgot the server response time and this is PWI's code, so you still would have a lot more to do.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's a 3d MMORPG game, it requires more then a simple sentence like that, you forgot the server response time and this is PWI's code, so you still would have a lot more to do.

no **** sherlock.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Ironically, no. Boss behavior can be modified in minutes, that code isnt right, but it is as simple as deleting one line in the AI file b:chuckle
  • iamaspartan
    iamaspartan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    no **** sherlock.

Then why'd you post that? >.>
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They designed FCC BEFORE they made sins. It was NEVER designed with stealth in mind.

Any sin QQ here is a **** since sins regularly abuse a design flaw in FCC. There is no reason to respect the way sins solo FCC.

They designed sins AFTER they made FCC. They clearly knew or could have known the effect sin skills would have on FCC and any other instance.

In the time since sins were created (18 months or more now), never ONCE has any PWI official made an official statement that using sin skills in FCC are exploiting a glitch and bannable.

If you don't like it, roll a sin, or quit playing the game. But the fact is, playing a sin is not a bannable offense.

And for the love of god, stop trying to troll. You're not even good at it.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We almost reaching 200 [lv 105], just need 19 more character.. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The designed sins AFTER they made FCC. They clearly knew or could have known the effect sin skills would have on FCC and any other instance.

The dev team who made the sins were not the original team had no idea what they were doing. They had very little knowledge of the rest of the game. Anyone can tell you this.

Just because the GMs ignore something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. GMs ignore lots of stuff.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just some info :
    The original team was fired even before launching, aka when the game still under development. This team already finished foundation of PW, originally they wanted to make more big cities such as archosaur and many other things such as more type of weapon.

Why they fired ?
    I dunno... but PW 2 (F2P version, that exist this day) believed to be the unfinished and cheaper / down grade version of PW 1 (P2P, does not exist anymore)

It seem the development team changed a lot after that... b:chuckle
    No wonder all those glitch and bug almost never fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The dev team who made the sins were not the original team had no idea what they were doing. They had very little knowledge of the rest of the game. Anyone can tell you this.

Just because the GMs ignore something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. GMs ignore lots of stuff.

And yet, they haven't ignored THIS. They have clearly stated that THIS is bannable. The discussion is about THIS.

Honestly, you defenders of the glitch aren't even making credible arguments.
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And yet, they haven't ignored THIS. They have clearly stated that THIS is bannable. The discussion is about THIS.

I have only 1 credible argument. I do not have any level 105 characters. I choose not to use the glitch because I like the journey to my destination. I don't give a damn if there are 1000 level 105's on each server. They play their game I play mine and I mind my own business.

Why others are such whiners about it, imo, are just kiddies who think everything should go their way.

Why don't you join the Big People's Club and play your own game and never mind about others.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    booker224 wrote: »
    I have only 1 credible argument. I do not have any level 105 characters. I choose not to use the glitch because I like the journey to my destination. I don't give a damn if there are 1000 level 105's on each server. They play their game I play mine and I mind my own business.

Why others are such whiners about it, imo, are just kiddies who think everything should go their way.

Why don't you join the Big People's Club and play your own game and never mind about others.

Sorry, argument invalid. It's not about everything going our way, it's about people violating the terms of service of the game itself, in a VERY big way.

I am a proud member of the Big People's Club, all grown up and everything, spending very real money on this game. I expect players to be held to the Terms of Service.

You can feel free to play your own game and overlook violations if you choose. But people who hold the company's feet to the fire are not "whiners" or "crybabies" or any other epithet you choose to shoot at them. We are grown adults who expect the service we are paying for.

Whether or not you choose to "mind your own business" doesn't mean I don't get to mind mine.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wonder if they will say "congrats" to 200 [lv 105] people ? Then followed by special sale ? Hilarious ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

They state a lot of things, yet a lot of it turned out false. Just because PWI says something doesn't mean it's true. Funny isn't it? PWI said they monitor gold prices and that gold prices is a concern to them. Yeah that was when gold was at 200k I think.

Gear will never be in Boutique? Well we all know how that one went, and how they monitored the gold prices hard afterward.

My credible argument is that PWI is not a game worth pissing and moaning over. If you want to care so much, at least make it a game that's worth it.

Who am I to judge whether a game is worth it or not to care about? Not just me, look to PWI's history, look to everyone who has been here from 2 years ago. So just play it like a nice free flash game you found on the internet, or play it to talk with people. Maybe then you won't feel it as much when the next sale or glitch, or glitched sale, ****s everyone in the ***.

edit: Correction, ****s everyone who cares in the ***. See this is why PvP servers are more empty than PvE servers these days, because they cared more and played harder. Prove me wrong? Log on LC and compare.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Guess we see if the patch addresses this issue at all.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Guess we see if the patch addresses this issue at all.

It won't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Do you know how long it's been that these and other similar glitches have been around? Even before PWI was launched I'd be willing to guess. I'm sure they have had rubberbanding issues among other common ones a long time even back in the original Chinese version. That BM glitch people were moaning about (when it was fixed) was also a long long time glitch that was exploited, and it took them years to even fix it. Somehow I doubt they'll fix the dragoons glitch any faster. Why they act like they care so much about this one is beyond me, when there have been other serious issues around just as long if not longer. I personally didn't know there was such a glitch until like, a few months ago lol... I don't really venture out looking for things like that. "The easy way out" as it were.

A lot of the problem has to do with, as people have said over and over, that they have different developers, different programmers than who they started out with. It isn't exactly something just anyone can jump into, they need to know the basis for how the code for the game was built. I'm no expert but it makes sense to me. They can't fix something they have no layout for. And if they wanted to try, they would really have to take a while studying it I would imagine.

Besides I doubt it is a problem with the game's glitch. People didn't even level or hope to level this fast until after hyper stones came out. Ever since then people have been power levelling pretty much. BH can be blamed also, since it pushes you through the lower levels quite quickly, far too fast for anyone new to really learn their class and the game imo. Just the other night I was running BH69 with my sin and our healer, who was 62 or so, didn't even know how to use purify or what it was important for, as well as IH. These are things I knew well before I hit my 60s on my cleric years ago, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that there was no one to hold your hand, you had to pick up these skills (as a player) as you went along doing quests, and helping friends do their boss kills etc. TT, Cultis, stuff like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BH can be blamed also, since it pushes you through the lower levels quite quickly, far too fast for anyone new to really learn their class and the game imo. Just the other night I was running BH69 with my sin and our healer, who was 62 or so, didn't even know how to use purify or what it was important for, as well as IH. These are things I knew well before I hit my 60s on my cleric years ago, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that there was no one to hold your hand, you had to pick up these skills (as a player) as you went along doing quests, and helping friends do their boss kills etc. TT, Cultis, stuff like that.

You used a level 62 healer in bh69, one of the absolute hardest dungeons in the game, and you're blaming the HEALER? LOL, I wouldn't use a level 69 cleric for her/his own FB69 and expect her/him to perfectly heal through pole and nob. Even Bh69 level-appropriate clerics in their low 80s usually require some instruction and practice to master healing through pole's and nob's tricks, especially with sins in squad.

You probably oughta take a look at your own expectations and not blame the cleric, who was clearly out of her/his league in that instance.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You used a level 62 healer in bh69, one of the absolute hardest dungeons in the game, and you're blaming the HEALER? LOL, I wouldn't use a level 69 cleric for her/his own FB69 and expect her/him to perfectly heal through pole and nob. Even Bh69 level-appropriate clerics in their low 80s usually require some instruction and practice to master healing through pole's and nob's tricks, especially with sins in squad.

You probably oughta take a look at your own expectations and not blame the cleric, who was clearly out of her/his league in that instance.

And that excuses them from not learning how to do it after clear instruction? hardly.

You shouldn't underestimate a player either. The girl even said that her husband who was also a cleric always did "the hard stuff" for her, leaving her never to learn these things as she should have been. I ended up dual clienting my cleric to do the healing because it was aggravating. My patience only goes so far lol. On the third or so pull of pole, she was only IH herself and not the barb (and you can imagine, he died fairly quickly because of no heals on top of the debuff). He left afterwards because he was a bit fed up as well.

I have a bit more sympathy, but truly, even a new player should be able to tell what they are doing, where their spells are casting, etc. Maybe it was a far too big a jump for her to learn 69, yes. But she still should have been able to grasp very basic skills.

Even on my cleric I initially did the healing for my own FB69 lol. It is a higher difficulty, but it isn't impossible. If a level 70 or so cleric can do it, a few levels between them isn't going to make a huge difference. You'll still have the same skills, perhaps not leveled as much but you'll have them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check out my Art Corner:
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    SoIotude - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    To me, personally, it is an amazing source of amusement, to have a lvl 101 ask you if you can please please help them on their culti quests in fb59. To next discover certain skills are not yet obtained and how annoying that can be. To see them stumble, ramble excuses and die.

Call me a ****, but yeh it makes me giggle. A lot.

People play the game with different goals in mind. Some actually will play the game, called gamers. Others rush to 105 in a week, players. Sense of achievement is important to some and is also very relative. Personally i get achievement from actually working for what i want / need in game.

When others pull their credit card n go glitch their behind to 105 all i can think is TSK TSK. Ill see you in fb59 yelling for a rez soon enough b:laugh.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wonder if they will say "congrats" to 200 [lv 105] people ? Then followed by special sale ? Hilarious ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they used it as a marketing "strategy" it`s easy to reach your goal, nothing is impossible (if you break the TOS that is but we won`t give a **** only if you charge more zen)
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And that excuses them from not learning how to do it after clear instruction? hardly.

You shouldn't underestimate a player either. The girl even said that her husband who was also a cleric always did "the hard stuff" for her, leaving her never to learn these things as she should have been. I ended up dual clienting my cleric to do the healing because it was aggravating. My patience only goes so far lol. On the third or so pull of pole, she was only IH herself and not the barb (and you can imagine, he died fairly quickly because of no heals on top of the debuff). He left afterwards because he was a bit fed up as well.

I have a bit more sympathy, but truly, even a new player should be able to tell what they are doing, where their spells are casting, etc. Maybe it was a far too big a jump for her to learn 69, yes. But she still should have been able to grasp very basic skills.

Even on my cleric I initially did the healing for my own FB69 lol. It is a higher difficulty, but it isn't impossible. If a level 70 or so cleric can do it, a few levels between them isn't going to make a huge difference. You'll still have the same skills, perhaps not leveled as much but you'll have them.

Yes actually, it does excuse her. On the one hand, you blame BHs for leveling people too quickly to learn their skills. On the other hand you expect a cleric with sub-par skills and probably minimal -chan to master a BH 2 levels above her expected knowledge base. You say first that people need time to learn their skills and bh advances them too quickly, then in the next breath you say even a new player should be able to tell what they are doing. You're contradicting your self right and left. You can't have it both ways, toots.

She was probably healing herself "on the third pull of pole" because she was nervous, because impatient people were giving her lots of instructions all at once. It is NOT an easy cave, and pole is one of the hardest bosses in the game below bh89, hell, one of the hardest bosses period. You should have seen it coming with a 62 cleric, seen it a LONG time back.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes actually, it does excuse her. On the one hand, you blame BHs for leveling people too quickly to learn their skills. On the other hand you expect a cleric with sub-par skills and probably minimal -chan to master a BH 2 levels above her expected knowledge base. You say first that people need time to learn their skills and bh advances them too quickly, then in the next breath you say even a new player should be able to tell what they are doing. You're contradicting your self right and left. You can't have it both ways, toots.

She was probably healing herself "on the third pull of pole" because she was nervous, because impatient people were giving her lots of instructions all at once. It is NOT an easy cave, and pole is one of the hardest bosses in the game below bh89, hell, one of the hardest bosses period. You should have seen it coming with a 62 cleric, seen it a LONG time back.

For the record, she wasn't my first choice, and was not a friend of mine, I didn't know her personally. The leader of the party invited her because she was part of his guild, and since he was halfway through his 80s, I wrongfully assumed he would trust her skills in this instance in the first place. Obviously didn't turn out so well.

Call me old fashioned, but yes I still expect players to know exactly what the hell they're doing. At level 60 you should know your skills by then at least the basic concept of it. Like I said, my first toon was a cleric in the first place and I was able to grasp these things. Maybe not on the first try, but as long as you make a noticable effort that's what matters.

I've even run into level 90+ who don't know what the hell they're doing in things like FF, where you need to. I've had to pick up slack where the cleric didn't. Even end up solo healing FF most of the time, and I don't mind that. Not just clerics **** up but a lot of people do. I have expectations depending on the player's level, yes. Maybe I should lower it now with all the plvl'd noobs running about. Is that what you mean? lol.

By your logic, expecting them to know their class despite being "plvl'd" by BH through lower levels (or higher) is me overestimating them? And it's somehow my fault to expect them to know the skills they should by their current level? lol, right. It's completely my fault, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check out my Art Corner: