140 Level 105s now?

Options
Traz - Dreamweaver
Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
It's just a sick joke that's getting sad now.
BladedZero - Sanctuary
"Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
Post edited by Traz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They're waiting until it hits 200 before they do something about it.b:chuckle
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    anyone remembers how they celebrated first person to reach 105?
    and people made comments like: wow i reach it in 5 years etc
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Once there are 200 we're gonna make a guild: "105orGTFO" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    and if pwe grows a pair they should ban this guild
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Once there are 200 we're gonna make a guild: "105orGTFO" b:victory

First we'll need to get on the inter-server server. b:cute
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why do people care about number of 105s?
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm sure that they're just a bit jealous. Getting 105 now isn't that much of an achievement, you just have to be able to stand a few days in that "special" FF. I am more interested in how many got their levels, not just 105, the legitimate way instead of short cutting it through FF.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm sure that they're just a bit jealous. Getting 105 now isn't that much of an achievement, you just have to be able to stand a few days in that "special" FF. I am more interested in how many got their levels, not just 105, the legitimate way instead of short cutting it through FF.
    Would depend on what you count as legit. Like do you consider oracle use and/or FF before hypers to be legit.
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Lol stealthing pass all the mobs is so legit. Killing dragoons takes much more skill than that.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't count stealthing through an instance the legit way to do anything. Legit levels would be levels obtained from grinding, WQ, and CS. I remember back when oracles were first introduced and everyone who did them got criticized so much for doing them because they were considered "the easy way out," now with all the speed ways of leveling, it's become a relatively accepted practice.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't count stealthing through an instance the legit way to do anything. Legit levels would be levels obtained from grinding, WQ, and CS. I remember back when oracles were first introduced and everyone who did them got criticized so much for doing them because they were considered "the easy way out," now with all the speed ways of leveling, it's become a relatively accepted practice.
    I would say no one as done that then. And even if they did, why praise them? They leveled in the most inefficient way possible. It's cool if it was a personal goal or whatever, but it shouldn't be something that impresses people.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then you're wrong. The players that have been here since at least the start of OB had to do it. My 101 BM was leveled through WQ, CS, RB, FB, OMA, JQ, and hours of grinding. This just goes to further prove my point about the direction this game is going.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then you're wrong. The players that have been here since at least the start of OB had to do it. My 101 BM was leveled through WQ, CS, RB, FB, OMA, JQ, and hours of grinding. This just goes to further prove my point about the direction this game is going.
    Sorry, I've forgotten when oracles first came out, causing an incorrect assumption. And I don't see how this proves anything.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sorry, I've forgotten when oracles first came out, causing an incorrect assumption. And I don't see how this proves anything.

Can I be honest w/ you? Okay, I will. Look at my character's level on it's avatar. Level 102 @ 55%, as of present. I don't do FF, goons, etc. I did CS/WQ/OHT daily from ~70-102 (everyday, never missing a single day in over 400+ days). When I finally reached 102, I decided to stop all of those dalies (minus OHT), and focus on Cube. Since then, I've done Cube and OHT daily. I have a thread w/ proper dating, if proof is needed.

As for how this makes a player a better player? It doesn't make the player better at killing mobs (maybe in OHT), or better at PKing. However, it shows who the person is and what type of player they are. For instance, someone can goon glitch from 1-101 in 24 hours. Does that show dedication over a long period of time? Not really, as I don't consider 24 hours a very long period of time. If however, the player has done Cube for over 365+ days w/ out missing one day, to gain 50% @ level 102... Does that show personal dedication? I believe so.

To the OP: Yeah, we know. It ain't nothin' new, sadly.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Reaching 105 is just another achievement not even worth mentionning anymore, just like rank8. Where lvling after 103 would give some merit and others looking up to you (which is pretty much the only reason to lvl after 101), now ppl just see another goon-glitcher.
    Lol stealthing pass all the mobs is so legit. Killing dragoons takes much more skill than that.

I don't see the point of this, cause stealthing past or running through them and 1 hit kill is exactly the same. So many sins now being able to solo fcc is mainly because they glitch 2nd boss btw. Need more skill for dragoons? lol even a lvl1 can buy 30min goons for 5mil. Like most things, you just need at least 1 person with the appropriate gear. Lvling to 105 with just glitchless fcc wasn't "hard", but required a lot of determination to solo that instance at least 3 times per day for a few %. Goons just take 1h a day for way more exp.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Can I be honest w/ you? Okay, I will. Look at my character's level on it's avatar. Level 102 @ 55%, as of present. I don't do FF, goons, etc. I did CS/WQ/OHT daily from ~70-102 (everyday, never missing a single day in over 400+ days). When I finally reached 102, I decided to stop all of those dalies (minus OHT), and focus on Cube. Since then, I've done Cube and OHT daily. I have a thread w/ proper dating, if proof is needed.

As for how this makes a player a better player? It doesn't make the player better at killing mobs (maybe in OHT), or better at PKing. However, it shows who the person is and what type of player they are. For instance, someone can goon glitch from 1-101 in 24 hours. Does that show dedication over a long period of time? Not really, as I don't consider 24 hours a very long period of time. If however, the player has done Cube for over 365+ days w/ out missing one day, to gain 50% @ level 102... Does that show personal dedication? I believe so.

To the OP: Yeah, we know. It ain't nothin' new, sadly.
    Personal dedication to personal goals yes. I can agree with you saying that all of that doesn't really make you a better player. However, your statement about "it shows who the person is and what type of player they are" feels like you're saying that you are a better person that those who choose to go with the most efficient method available.

Now, 1-101 in a very short time sucks when a new player does it as they will have no idea how to play the game. Minor annoyance yes, that's why you don't run with randoms. For those that played this game for some time and are making an alt, its fine. Why go through all that time questing and what not to get your alt to the same level as your main?

As for people that can play their classes well enough to kill all those goons. Why shame them on getting 105? They didn't just stealth through everything. They cut down on time but upping the difficulty.

Really the only sins who benefit from 105 is sins wanting to hide from other sins. Other classes already can't see the ones at 100 and 101, so this only affects the sin population. Sins complaining about not being able to see 104 and 105 sins is hilarious imo.

There are many glitches in this game that everyone uses, yet no complaining over them. Warsong glitch? Nope. GV glitch? Nope, despite how that is more game breaking than frost glitch. So this complaining about a leveling glitch was silly at first, but now is really just getting out of hand.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Personal dedication to personal goals yes. I can agree with you saying that all of that doesn't really make you a better player. However, your statement about "it shows who the person is and what type of player they are" feels like you're saying that you are a better person that those who choose to go with the most efficient method available.

b:beatup I'm just wasting our time playing a game, stupid me. I could play so much more time efficient... I should hire someone to lvl my toon to 105 for me, that way I would waste no time at all lvling my toon!
    Now, 1-101 in a very short time sucks when a new player does it as they will have no idea how to play the game. Minor annoyance yes, that's why you don't run with randoms. For those that played this game for some time and are making an alt, its fine. Why go through all that time questing and what not to get your alt to the same level as your main?

b:puzzled what's the reason your alt must be the same lvl as your main asap? Why just collect lvl100 toons you won't play anyway? Besides culti you don't need any questing to lvl up a toon anyway.
    As for people that can play their classes well enough to kill all those goons. Why shame them on getting 105? They didn't just stealth through everything. They cut down on time but upping the difficulty.

Robbing a bank is cutting down time by upping the difficulty... Goons is just an easy glitch abuse to lvl fast. With all the r9 in game, you really consider goons difficult? You must be part of those who now consider fcc with an 80s squad "difficult".
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    105... what a joke now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Your first remark has nothing to do with what I said there. It's about feeling better than those who level different that yourself.

Second remark: For those who want to use that alt for things like TW and nirvana asap. Never said this applied to all alts.

Last remark: You cannot compare this glitch to bank robbery. That's something that benefits you while taking away from others. The glitch lacks the stealing from others part.
    Actually 8x frost was fun before hypers. Good times racing with friends in other squads to see who could finish first.

Also, you bashed r9 people for being able to do the glitch easily, yet praise those do it glitchless even though it is just as easy.

At your first post:
    Determination isn't always a good trait. Why do people feel like this is a good point against the glitch?

At the very least, if they fix this glitch, they should fix all the other glitches like gv and warsong. Then we can have people complain about not being able to do those things. Yay.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @ Anfisa :

It's about considering those who don't abuse a glitch as better persons then those who do. That's called moral valors. No matter how you turn it, or blame pwi for not taking the appropriate measures and thus tacitly tolerate the abuse, it is a form of cheating.

You present glitch abuse like the smartest thing to do, because it's time efficient. Yet, it's just cheating. Just like burning a red light in your car, when you don't see anyone around. Not getting a bill and not causing an accident makes it a good thing since it's more time efficient? You might start about "risk" here, but in the end the point is the same : moral valors. You blame pwi for the existance of glitches, and find excuses about how it doesn't hurt anyone. I blame pwi for not reacting ofc, but most of all, the community for rushing on that glitch. I always find it amusing how all the flaws of the rl society are replicated inside a game that is meant for fun, but that is getting off topic.

Btw, you are the one suggesting the glitch is hard, or at least harder then soloing a normal fcc. I'm just pointing out that it's just as easy. I'm not praising gear, the very first lvl105 was full r9 after all. However, I do praise someone who puts the effort of 3+ runs a day for months more then someone who only put in 1h a day for a week or 2.

Now, I don't really care about how many lvl105s there are. I can't change the world, and even if I could, it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Others do as the wish, and I do as I wish : I refuse to goon-glitch for lvling myself, and give more respect to those who got the selfcontrol not to cheat. Ofc, nobody cares, but I'm not gonna go with the (imo, childish) excuses like : "everyone does it", or "it's pwi's fault the glitch exists".

At last, a strong will and the ability to set goals for yourself, then work for it, is a good trait imo. Maybe you're confused with "stubornes"
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Really the only sins who benefit from 105 is sins wanting to hide from other sins. Other classes already can't see the ones at 100 and 101, so this only affects the sin population. Sins complaining about not being able to see 104 and 105 sins is hilarious imo.

There are many glitches in this game that everyone uses, yet no complaining over them. Warsong glitch? Nope. GV glitch? Nope, despite how that is more game breaking than frost glitch. So this complaining about a leveling glitch was silly at first, but now is really just getting out of hand.

I feel like I am a more dedicated player than 95% of the community. Whether by definition that makes me a better player, I don't really care. You don't hear stories everyday about a Barb who hasn't missed a Cube run in over a year.

Okay, so goon glitching is more efficient for leveling. So is FF/Oracles/Hypers. Trust me, I know. After my BM reached 100 w/ CS/WQ everyday for 365+ days, I FF + hypered it to 101. I'm not new to this game and I know the most efficient ways to progress a character's level.

Goon glitching has flaws. First and foremost, it's a bannable offense. Yes, it is efficient. No, it's not hard no requires skill. I "know" people who bring a couple alts in to level quickly in a goon squad, while the other four squad members kill goons w/ mediocre TT99 gear. It doesn't require high skills to kill a group of mobs. However, that's a mere side fact. The main issue is this has been bannable since nearly day one. Meaning, while it is the most efficient way to level a character, upon getting caught the player will be banned. This leaves the players who don't abuse the glitch, at a pretty "normal" leveling pace, while the players who abuse the glitch will (assuming they don't get caught), reach 104-105.

Of course people are upset. It sounds like valid QQ to me. In order to obtain this most efficient form of leveling, the player has to abuse a glitch and risk getting banned.

That aside, even doing hyper FFs... Not hard when someone like myself can solo it on two different toons. Not attempting to brag, I'm just pointing out how saying something like "FF requires work, etc, etc" is invalid. There actually isn't anything in this game (beside's trophy mode lunar), that comes to mind of being "hard" nowadays.

I give props to the people who haven't abused goons much, if at all. It takes discipline to not abuse a glitch that will give insta-leveling.

On my faction's forums, I wrote up a post of every glitch in the game and how to replicate said glitch. Trust me when I say, RB glitch + Warsong glitch combined, don't match the horrid FF glitch.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kids apparently don't get the point of the thread. It wasn't made because 105 means something or is important; it was made because it's sad to know that there is no way that more then 5 of those 140 have leveled without breaking the ToS.

And if anyone even thinks about saying it's fair since sins can stealth they can jump off a bridge because they are to stupid and need to be removed from the breading population.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    see what happens when u cant get a babr.the population strives to find a glitch lol..now look at rb..glitch time!!!!And knowing that the Dev's are to lazy to fix the prob's,things like this will get abused with rinse and repeat,but yeah nothing is a true accomplishment in this game anymore.

well going to work in RL ,now thats something worth doingb:bye

shhh trem is bsing u all about the bm :)
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wasn't this discussed already here?
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Everytime i see a lvl 104 or 105 character i think to myself "lol goons".

Not going to be a hypocrit here though b:surrender
    Just, level 104/105 is nothing special anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Idk what any of you are talking about. All those 105 players are pro's that bought FC heads and used oracles. They just happened to all find a system that worked really well at the same time that the glitch came out. But those cashoppers are not guilty of any such glitch, and therefore won't be banned for it.
    -sincerly, PWI GM Team
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't count stealthing through an instance the legit way to do anything. .

The only TT instance you can steath through is the 1's, and honestly there is not much profit in TT1's. For the 2's and 3's you cannot steath through because you need a kill count.

While we can Steath through FB, same rule applies to many, that we need a kill count so the boss does not frenzy. I can safely say the lower FBs that do not do this, hold no real $$ value for us.

While we can Steath FC, if we can solo the bosses, well the mobs are a cinche. Especially since when I solo FC I solo the Experience room alone, and the back bosses - can any of you? So steathing here really does nothing for me.

When I sell FC, I still must clear a large amount of the mobs, solo -- and when I am helping - well they aways wants Jail boss, and most of the times, experience from the other bosses tooo.. so again, I am not steathing past even 3% of the mobs.

Chronos? Well the mobs are ? mobs so can see me - so steathing does not help me here either.

Please think about it.... Steathing may help out when your lower, but at the same time, when your higher - you do have kill counts to consider, ? mobs and paving a way in FC.

And again - if you can solo FC, you can easily kill the mobs. I can pull four groups up that hall and kill them at once very easily. I can take four sets of the mobs in exp room at once - easily. Five if I have barb/cleric buffs.

So no the steathing gives me no true advantage because I can kill those mobs in a blink.
  • Monsieur - Lothranis
    Monsieur - Lothranis Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    QQ FC glitch
    QQ lvl 105s
    QQ I am not pro enough to do dragoonz so i QQ when others do it
    QQ if you dont lvl with traditional way, you suck at game
    QQ this QQ that

For everyone who thinks like above, you suck. Grow up and realize that things evolve...so does pwi..so does the way of leveling. and grow up with it or stop QQing on how others r turning 105..cuz even doing the glitch requires some skill(well, unless u have 2 rank 9 psychics one shotting the mobs) geez lol
  • Liandri - Lothranis
    Liandri - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    QQ FC glitch
    QQ lvl 105s
    QQ I am not pro enough to do dragoonz so i QQ when others do it
    QQ if you dont lvl with traditional way, you suck at game
    QQ this QQ that

For everyone who thinks like above, you suck. Grow up and realize that things evolve...so does pwi..so does the way of leveling. and grow up with it or stop QQing on how others r turning 105..cuz even doing the glitch requires some skill(well, unless u have 2 rank 9 psychics one shotting the mobs) geez lol

you forgot the 'Z0MG 15 EXTRA STAT POINTS IS GAME BREAKING' all you get from 105 is 15 extra statties from the normal 102.. other than that why do you people care? Jealousy or just...?
    Liten Men Tuff
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Doing dragoons does not present any challenge whatsoever to the vast majority of rank 8 or better players who have even a tiny bit of skill and game knowledge. If your thinking dragoons is fun becuase its a challenge, then yes you are surely the sort of player who does not deserve to be 105.

That said it is pwi's fault for not lack of enforement of thier laws. Fact is you can regually break the rules in this game and not expect to get either ->caught or if caught, then punished in a severe way.

It is a bannable offense an wrong to do STATED by the officials of the game, therefore to do it is not morally right. It makes you a cheater at the very least. As the pwi game does evolve, if it has evolved to a game full of cheater, then it surely will be on its way to becoming nolonger worth putting ANY money into.