Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've noticed a huge lack in banning with a lot of stuff lately in PWI, not just the frost glitching. It's like they are afraid to ban now or are just to lazy to bother with it. b:chuckle
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Like it was said...Too many people used those glitches, so banning them all is not the solution...Bet they are trying to find some ways, somehow to ...well..I dunno what I would do..really..The "harm" was done and a massive rollback would make more people quit then make them happy for sure...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lack of action is akin to encouraging it.

It would be amusing if PWE implemented deleveling into this game. All those powerleveled toons who dont know jack about how to play would quickly level down.b:chuckle

Well, off to find a better MMORPG!b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    100% truth.
  • BloodRawII - Heavens Tear
    BloodRawII - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    since alot of people have atleast 101 the main difference from the glitch is a 20 stat point increase. At level 100+ a couple of stat points arent going to make that much of a difference. Level basically is for being able to wear gear. Refines shards and the gear you have highly outweigh 20 stat points. Yes its true that they will be stronger but the difference is theyll survive half a hit more or theyll do half a percent more damage it really doesnt do to much except fr sins where the level helps with stealth.
  • Solinarie - Dreamweaver
    Solinarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i just love how shelly closed my fc glitch opinion poll, i like your thread psy, but i liked my poll too. no wonder ppl have NO FAITH in the GM's and MOD's. b:angry
    This will make you laugh!
    1) Open Google Maps (directions).
    2) Type China as your starting point (A).
    3) Type Taiwan as your destination (B).
    4) Read step 48.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

That's a bit different. If they were "encouraging" it, don't you think they'd make a news post or a sticky about how to do it? Or make a Hyper+Charm sale?

If anything, it's more like a silent acceptance. Like "It's all cool, we just have to say this because otherwise we'd be screwed".
    It would be amusing if PWE implemented deleveling into this game. All those powerleveled toons who dont know jack about how to play would quickly level down.b:chuckle

I doubt on that. People are already selling spots to Dragoon squads. You could easily buy those until you're at 99% and level 104. At that point, you can die plenty.

Because damn it, losing 1 level everytime you die, that'd be harsh.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Except for the fact that the FC glitch is a bannable offense... so not really.b:bye

Unless the ban is permanent, it's not really a deterrent.

I don't even know why they call it "banning". It's really just a short term suspension, and hey, after working those dragoons to 105, the players are probably grateful for an excuse to take a few days off. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have been in and watched other MMO's enter and perish in this death spiral that PWI has headed down. With every passing day, the actual mechanics of how the game works moves further and further away from what it advertises itself to be. An everyday you see fewer and fewer players. It doesn't happen overnight, it takes a few years. PWI is bliinded by all the cash people are throwing at them. It is not unusual for kids to spend $3K US just so they can on hit most everything in the game and play paper doll with thier toons. As long as they have one player around like that, they can afford to ignore the loss of several hundred new players each month.

This whole glitch mess is a carbon copy of problems in another MMO that is pretty much dead now. Several years ago, it developed a similar situation where power-levelers convinced the company to leave it for thier convenience, and effectively killed off the new player stream. The new players get killed off because they come in expecting what is advertised, but can't find anyone to team with at low to mid levels, because the only people still around are endgamers, rush to endgamer cash-shoppers, and their many alts. In the long run that population will not sustain the game.

So yea I am QQing for the game they still sell on the tin, but no longer exists. No one plays mid game anymore. No one plays early game anymore. The only reason I think that I stick around is to smugly observe that I am right. I'll leave when the game population gets to the point that even Arch looks like Lost, which it is starting to on slow days.

And one more thing. There is no law that says multiplayer means you cant succeed solo. In real life plenty of people do it all the time. What sucks are Bosses or instances where no amount of skill can overcome them. Too many are simple math calculations look at player stat, look at mob stat, best stat wins. Thats pretty lame and the first MMO that comes up with something closer to FPS boss dynamics where skill and not stats are the deciding factor, will make a mint. The problem with forced teaming and stat based Bosses is the game is reduced to begging or prostitution. Please help me kill x! Please help me complete Y. Please buff me so I can do X. I don't know about you but begging is never high on my list of activities. Or How much? How much do I have to pay you to complete Y. I much rather prefer lets do this together over I pay you.

So go ahead stay on this path.
    Just some guy
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @brazenbusboy: You sir, have hit the nail on the head (with details included).
    That's a bit different. If they were "encouraging" it, don't you think they'd make a news post or a sticky about how to do it? Or make a Hyper+Charm sale?

If anything, it's more like a silent acceptance. Like "It's all cool, we just have to say this because otherwise we'd be screwed".

Really??! Is that why they have these 2 sales going on simultaneously around the same time that the Dragoon glitch became more apparent: SALE #1 and SALE #2.

If thats not considered encouraging then I dont know what is - perhaps blatantly advertising
    it with their other sales maybe?

Also the fact that this glitch has been around for a while and only now has become "popular", yet there has been no fix/patch already despite it breaking game dynamics - is also "encouraging it". When you write a program, do you wait for others to find out and then only fix it (with you already having the knowledge of the error)? Or do you fix it on the spot without it becoming apparent to your users?
    I doubt on that. People are already selling spots to Dragoon squads. You could easily buy those until you're at 99% and level 104. At that point, you can die plenty.

Because damn it, losing 1 level everytime you die, that'd be harsh.

Loooool! Actually losing experience on death would actually help you LEARN to play better (ie. you'd learn survival skills). What is going on now in PWI is only the opposite - its crippling the current playerbase. Yeah the higher level, experienced players are profiting off this - I have no problem with that; the problem I have is once these powerlevel'ed noobs start coming into my squads and causing casualties due to their incompetencies/inadequacies, the "fun" in the game ends there - nothing gets accomplished. And the argument with "oh you can just solo everything because you have a high level sin" wont work because I'd like to run some RB's and TW effectively with a decent faction some time down the road (maybe).

My last game (made by Korean developers), which I had played for 2 years, had experience loss on death and there were no hyper'ed instances. The playerbase was quite competent (atleast on my server); there were very few fail squads. The downfall of that game was the influx of heavy cashshoppers that flooded the markets and washed away the stable economy. Thats when I moved on to PWI (this was 2 years back).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    For those who telling that 4-5 levels doesn't mean anything. The main benefit is not these 5 levels but the fact you are NOT loosing experience after lv. 105. So you can die without any penalty anytime. This is HUGE benefit to be lv. 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    For those who telling that 4-5 levels doesn't mean anything. The main benefit is not these 5 levels but the fact you are NOT loosing experience after lv. 105. So you can die without any penalty anytime. This is HUGE benefit to be lv. 105.

Lol you still die in PVE? b:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dang Gryphyyn I hope the company you mean wasn't the competitor to PWI I worked for. Though, I didn't see you say bot infested.

What would be a pretty cool touch, frankie, as I iterated in the HT forums, is in those level 105 forum avatars if you could put a front-facing, smiling dragoon next to the player's avvy.

I have been in and watched other MMO's enter and perish in this death spiral that PWI has headed down. With every passing day, the actual mechanics of how the game works moves further and further away from what it advertises itself to be. An everyday you see fewer and fewer players. It doesn't happen overnight, it takes a few years. PWI is bliinded by all the cash people are throwing at them. It is not unusual for kids to spend $3K US just so they can on hit most everything in the game and play paper doll with thier toons. As long as they have one player around like that, they can afford to ignore the loss of several hundred new players each month.

This whole glitch mess is a carbon copy of problems in another MMO that is pretty much dead now. Several years ago, it developed a similar situation where power-levelers convinced the company to leave it for thier convenience, and effectively killed off the new player stream. The new players get killed off because they come in expecting what is advertised, but can't find anyone to team with at low to mid levels, because the only people still around are endgamers, rush to endgamer cash-shoppers, and their many alts. In the long run that population will not sustain the game.

So yea I am QQing for the game they still sell on the tin, but no longer exists. No one plays mid game anymore. No one plays early game anymore. The only reason I think that I stick around is to smugly observe that I am right. I'll leave when the game population gets to the point that even Arch looks like Lost, which it is starting to on slow days.

And one more thing. There is no law that says multiplayer means you cant succeed solo. In real life plenty of people do it all the time. What sucks are Bosses or instances where no amount of skill can overcome them. Too many are simple math calculations look at player stat, look at mob stat, best stat wins. Thats pretty lame and the first MMO that comes up with something closer to FPS boss dynamics where skill and not stats are the deciding factor, will make a mint. The problem with forced teaming and stat based Bosses is the game is reduced to begging or prostitution. Please help me kill x! Please help me complete Y. Please buff me so I can do X. I don't know about you but begging is never high on my list of activities. Or How much? How much do I have to pay you to complete Y. I much rather prefer lets do this together over I pay you.

So go ahead stay on this path.
    You should understand then that PWI is in fact doomed to repeat what it's fellow F2P developer/publisher fate. They begin with content, go for cash shop, solely at a quick buck, and aim at merging servers/shutting down once the marginal revenue inevitably goes down the toilet. That's why they follow short run economics so strictly, probably thinking with what I heard about no longer having the original developers, that they should milk the revenue they have now and aim at another title, which they've already done.
  • Picexplorer - Heavens Tear
    Picexplorer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I personally believe PWI itself has implemented this glitch for the sake of increasing the level cap and to get along with the new expansion or something like that. We all know that even after having those hypers, we cant level faster after 102(though i never been to 102) andits kindda demotivation to level after constant FF grinding, also the level cap is 105, so obviously while many of its same parent mmo(like PWMY or china) are having level cap of 150, its looking to get on even terms as fast as it could. otherwise, i have been doing FF since 1.5 years, why the glitch has to come now when most of the players are above 100 and what worries and confuses more is they have restrained themselves from banning those chars, which resulted in more and more exploitation of the glitch.i see a player of lvl 100 now being lvl 102 in less than a week.
    Also, this habit of MMOs is not new. Because the same situation had occurred in the very old mmo (not present now).

P.S: Srry for english. Not from english speaking countryb:bye
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    . It's really just a short term suspension, and hey, after working those dragoons to 105, the players are probably grateful for an excuse to take a few days off. b:chuckle

I lol'd so hard, almost fell off my chair... b:laugh
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Because, you know, GA's dont exist in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's why they follow short run economics so strictly, probably thinking with what I heard about no longer having the original developers, that they should milk the revenue they have now and aim at another title, which they've already done.

It's a shame too, because this is PWE's flagship franchise...it's like Nintendo bailing on the Mario titles because they're too damn lazy to think of games to stick him in. Hurp durp, PWE...
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because, you know, GA's dont exist in this game.

Or like, lvl 11 Revive b:chuckle
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dang Gryphyyn I hope the company you mean wasn't the competitor to PWI I worked for. Though, I didn't see you say bot infested.

What would be a pretty cool touch, frankie, as I iterated in the HT forums, is in those level 105 forum avatars if you could put a front-facing, smiling dragoon next to the player's avvy.

You should understand then that PWI is in fact doomed to repeat what it's fellow F2P developer/publisher fate. They begin with content, go for cash shop, solely at a quick buck, and aim at merging servers/shutting down once the marginal revenue inevitably goes down the toilet. That's why they follow short run economics so strictly, probably thinking with what I heard about no longer having the original developers, that they should milk the revenue they have now and aim at another title, which they've already done.

Nothing lasts forever you know. the game is here from solid 6-7 years (or more) its already a huge accomplishment. it will die ofcourse. then again who doesnt?:) u cannot expect a 10 years+ life for a game. there are new games every day, new mechanics, new graphics, new technolgies.
    why am i wasting time explaining obviuos things.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nothing lasts forever you know. the game is here from solid 6-7 years (or more) its already a huge accomplishment. it will die ofcourse. then again who doesnt?:) u cannot expect a 10 years+ life for a game. there are new games every day, new mechanics, new graphics, new technolgies.
    why am i wasting time explaining obviuos things.
    Nothing lasts forever.. epic wisdom.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nothing lasts forever.. epic wisdom.

yes u cannot argue with that. u can only QQ, like most of the ppl in this forum
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yes u cannot argue with that. u can only QQ, like most of the ppl in this forum
    I see. Tell me more. I'm a sponge for information from such an intelligent source.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I see. Tell me more. I'm a sponge for information from such an intelligent source.

if im so obvoius why are there 95+ pages of B.S. on this topic?

specialy for u ill post this quote:

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.

U tell me what source it is from, w/o using google.

P.S. pls dont tell me that im a troll ...
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.

Yo be a troll dood.
    edited August 2011
    Options

I don't know who it's from nor do I care. Quotes, aphorisms, sayings, whatever you want to call them, are for people who can't think for themselves.

Now, if perhaps the QQing evades you, it's because PW is threatening to ban people for exploiting a glitch while it's being rampantly exploited, and punishing everyone else by not implementing an owed 2x. I've iterated numerous times it doesn't bother me at all as I don't care how others level beyond pointing out hypocrites who complain about others glitching yet abuse it themselves, but common sense has it others might just be irritated for a good reason. OTOH, I don't think reading is one of your strong points.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    maybe it is. im totaly ignoring BS talk. I say what i think. ppl dont like it. maybe what i tell is true, maybe not. usualy facts are getting smashed by the personal point of view.
    my posts on this topic end here.
    afterall this forum is for that: say what u want
    edited August 2011
    Options
    maybe it is. im totaly ignoring BS talk. I say what i think. ppl dont like it. maybe what i tell is true, maybe not. usualy facts are getting smashed by the personal point of view.
    my posts on this topic end here.
    afterall this forum is for that: say what u want
    You're spewing "BS talk". Do you get your education from FOX News or something? There's no wisdom at all in "nothing lasts forever" or "this is a forum you can say what you want". In none of your posts that I've read on this page have you even addressed the issue at hand, so why should anyone consider your nonsensical declarations and self-righteous babble worth a ****?
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You're spewing "BS talk". Do you get your education from FOX News or something? There's no wisdom at all in "nothing lasts forever" or "this is a forum you can say what you want". In none of your posts that I've read on this page have you even addressed the issue at hand, so why should anyone consider your nonsensical declarations and self-righteous babble worth a ****?

u take this too personal. and yes i see wisdom in that nothing is eternal. this game WILL die, but not me neither u will say when and how. peace yall

P.S. excuse my bad english in all posts
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This game will die- Deant 3:16
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]