Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Naw I believe people will trip themselves up in their own good time... but so many are doing this, and its obvious by the world chat for Dragon Squads... or Third Boss FC's... and note all of the NEW lvl 105's on the forum and in the listings..

It not so much is WHAT they are doing, but that they also are getting away with it and more and more are doing it, and it is becoming acceptable (but don't get caught).

So... they get away with it and what then? Where is the line?

All I know is... where the door is... and maybe if nothing is done, I'll use it.

Honestly, this goes out to PWI - we see it, and we are not even looking... The WC, the forum levels, the listing that has exploded with new level 105s' - directly related to the thread popping up on the forum... why can't you see this too?
    f2p p2w

Just move on with your life if your not willing to get 105 as sin.. You will feel stealth just like any other class in this game..

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Forrester - Dreamweaver
    Forrester - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So your saying 20 stat points dont make a difference huh, ok can you please mail me two vit 10 gems? Not like they will make a difference......
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice someone knows how to use PrtScn
    It's just to bad you don't know how to use the exit! =/
    So your saying 20 stat points dont make a difference huh, ok can you please mail me two vit 10 gems? Not like they will make a difference......
    Except I don't have to pay 70m coins everytime someone levels to 105 in the instance.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's not like pwi adds any end game content anyways (PWE: buy a guild base and you can have base wars! lol jk you actually bought one?)
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so can you.

I'm not the one complaining about not being able to find normal FCC squads.

It doesn't make a difference, so go buy 2 vit gems you beggar.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Then tell me.. on this apparent alt...

Why do people use this exploit and level to 105, if in the end - as you say, it does nothing?

Why.. take a big risk on having their account perma-banned for a few... fast levels? An exploit that would be fairly easy to prove was being used, by looking at log files.

Answer that and your arguement holds weight.

Yeah, as you can see in your own picture there, tha avie of a 101 female Sin is ****ing b:spit Hence my Trophy Mode Psychic who is much more adorable ad will have this avatar forever. (I dont like playing them. God I tried, but Wizards are waaaay more fun) b:victory

Fun for most, bragging rights for others and I suppose HA Venomancers would get a nice assist out of the extra points, nothing game breaking or TW changing there however.

Now for Sins? purely to outlevel other sins. Which they would have done anyway, just slowly. Hence, no real issue. In fact, its a bonus. I get sick and tired of getting jumped on by other sins who seriously suck *** but managed to hit 102 before ive bothered (Im working on my gear :O) and now consider themselves pro because they can jump me.

If every Sin is 105, none of them (Cept the idiosts who dont understand Sage / Demon Shadow escape adds 1 more Stealth level, yes they exist) can jump any of them and its a more even playing field than the current +1 level = double the chance to win.

Why do anything fun? Because they can. Selling FC to lowbies is more of a problem and creates a much bigger impact on the overall playerbase than those who are taking advantage of this, both of them are using the same instance too lol. Only reason you can get lowbies inside? They didnt put a lock on the entrance like they did Lothranis and Momagnon. Thats as much of a glitch if you ask me, but isnt the point here.

As for people gettign caught? I think a few have, largely by inviting little grasses to the squad I suspect. For instance, I dont think anyone will be inviting you to a 'goon squad anytime soon, unless they fancy getting themselves banned.

---

For whoever was on about the 20 point = difference thing, not really. Find yourself a neck and belt that give you +20 Dex or w/e and look at your attack. Assuming your level 100+ atm, the return is tiny now and wouldnt do much at all. (My PAtk goes from 6613 - 10240 down to 6481 - 10036 if I take off my 15 Dex tome. Not a huge difference, considering the massive numbers already there.)
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1 - FC is an instance, and most instances can be accessed by any levels. That is not a glitch, is it an oversight. One they fixed on those two new servers you said above.

2 - Selling FC is not to just lowbies. They are also sold to people that can enter FC - and that can open FC on their own.

3 - Selling FC is a service, as is selling Trophy Mode, or giving a barb compensation for assisting you in an instance. The GM's have deemed this acceptable.

4 - Doing the Dragon FC is exploiting a glitch/bug in the programming. The game was not meant to do that, and it was found out by accident, repeated and overtime, became known, so is being exploited even more.

Er, please read No.1 again. Im not talking about those fail Euro servers. Im talking about Lothranis and Momagnon, otherwise known as "Heaven" and "Hell" by those who dont read any of their quests at all. Didnt you pick up that all the servers are named after a place in-game? In case theres any confusion, as far as I know the new servers havent had any extra bugs, what with being exactly the same as ours, just in Europe and segregated into German and French+therestofeurope servers.

The Selling FC isnt the point here, hence I didnt dwell upon it. Selling it isnt the issue either tho (If you are 8x and buying FCs, you have an issue, or are an arcane and deemed useless by the current playerbase :(), since you persist, its selling it to people who cant even open the instance. TM69 is the other way around, getting help from people who could be in squad when it started. Its a different issue, im not complaining about paying people to help, thats peoples buisness.

I aint paying a barb **** for repairs, ever. Their class, their bills. My daggers cost as much to repair nowadays anyway.

I really dont think anyone is saying its not a bug. If they are, they are, lol, stupid. (inbe4Fuzzy). What people are arguing over is the potential impact, which is close to 0 on the game overall, and for damn near anyone doing it, entirely positive.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    4 - Doing the Dragon FC is exploiting a glitch/bug in the programming. The game was not meant to do that, and it was found out by accident, repeated and overtime, became known, so is being exploited even more.

Venos were not meant to be able to lure with pets either.
    I aint paying a barb **** for repairs, ever. Their class, their bills. My daggers cost as much to repair nowadays anyway.

We pay either way. Multiple WC's and waiting (time is coin) eats away at your potential earnings. Luckily they're really rarely needed; being more of a luxury that no longer serves as a 'tank-all'.
  • Forrester - Dreamweaver
    Forrester - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    One other messed up thing about this glitch is it is a good way to get both exp an spirit to build genies with......
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Now watch as a certain business says "Hello European players we love you oh we'll give you great service and attention" om nom nom nom euros om nom nom. Seen this bull s@#$ happen all over certain franchises of PWs. Then the servers will be merged due to lack of players. Seen it all before. b:laugh

Lets get this to 100 see if that makes a diff. Bet it won't

"Hello players this is <certain business here> but don't worry HERES PWIC LOOK AT IT LOOK AT IT... isn't it awesome we're doing something!"

Oh but don't forget the certain lame line we'd normally get from another said same service "HAPPY GAMING HYUC HYUC HYUC!!~~~"

Yes and unlike anything Facebook events wise, this is a kinda interesting serious event. But if it brings in more money all good and well. It just adds more credence to the 'game is dead crowd'

Interesting thing is though mind you, In certain Malaysia / MS versions of PW the Dreana Stones are disactivated. Let me just repeat that.

In certain Malaysia / MS versions of PW the Dreana/HYPER Stones are disactivated for Frost Walk/Frost City.

Says a lot about the STATE OF PLAY doesn't it. I also believe someone MENTIONED that hyper stones were deactivated in the Chinese one as well. Funny that isn't it. Has yet all the hyper stones / dreana stones still work on the main world in PW MY, but not in Frost Walk City. Now that is VERY FUNNY.

As I wrote in the first part of this post if you leave something to long in-game it becomes known as "PART OF THE GAMEPLAY". As things become part of the gameplay people will miss it when its gone, but that is NO EXCUSE for leaving it in there.

Remember the Medal Fiasco. More bull and we're back to square one. Same old same old.

But then again this 'BUG/GLITCH' as you want to call it might be just the thing to "FIX UP" FC as well considering there is a Trophy Mode for FC. If I were PWI I'd be wanting to make use of things like this to finally implement the nice Frost Walk City Trophy Mode that isn't in the game yet *wink wink nudge nudge*

On the bright hand side having no GOLD BOT ADVERTISING or GOLD SELLING COMPANY advertising in the game is a plus. As for whether I am for or against things like this in-game I'll just say neither because things can be handled better.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    *Uses Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth*

Whoa, look what I found on second page:>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    *Uses Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth*

Whoa, look what I found on second page:>

Yay!

Now people can QQ more about this b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dear community
    in the near future you will find more ''illegal'' but not ban-able ways to lvl up hardcore fast because of our new future content
    -increasing lvl cap to 110 and releasing rank XII obtainable permanently via our beloved boutique

sincerly yours
    pwi team

$$$b:dirty$$$b:dirty$$$

ps: we dont give a **** about non csers
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    toast223 wrote: »
    dear community
    in the near future you will find more ''illegal'' but not ban-able ways to lvl up hardcore fast because of our new future content
    -increasing lvl cap to 110 and releasing rank XII obtainable permanently via our beloved boutique

sincerly yours
    pwi team

I know you're attempting to troll but I'm pretty sure people would love to have new gear to work for and a higher level cap.
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TW is a test of who can get the most R9 lol. It's not about skill or number of 105s.

There really isn't much of a benefit to being 105 outside of stealth and sins already had an easy time solo FCCing up to 105.
    Funny to read this one month later. It looks like you found a good reason to exploit that bug yourself. Oh wait, this is PWI, it's not like you could get banned for it afterall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok, I now know for sure that goonz squads require considerably more cordination, gear, and coin per hour than the average pwi player has acess to.

It really is a way for the overly geared and pro players to level rapidly. I see nothign wrong with rewarding an investment in the game personal or monatary with easy leveling at a point where nobody really NEEDS exp. I really cannot see the average pwi player who goes "herp derp whats *insert essential class skill here*" ever manageing to do goonz succesfuly or profitably.

Or to put it into context, can you see the average pwi player with a amazing +3 gear setup liveing through 100+ mobs on them? Or be able to fund up IG's and vacs for those pulls? Or even KILL the mobs before the imune dies?

No, because the average player is a total idiot who cant even faceroll the 3 keys needed for any class to play in pve.

Anyone who CAN run goons IS running goons, and the rest are stuck QQing about how the game is "broken" (lol with TB and rank 9 around these people obviously dont pk either)

Last time I'm stoppign by this thread long pointless QQ is long and pointless. Though it has managed to spread the word about the glitch in a hilarious manner.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Or to put it into context, can you see the average pwi player with a amazing +3 gear setup liveing through 100+ mobs on them?

I personally know somebody that tanks Goons, and he has +3 gear and a +4 wep. Not exactly OP wtfpwnage gear.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I personally know somebody that tanks Goons, and he has +3 gear and a +4 wep. Not exactly OP wtfpwnage gear.

Yea... just like I know someone with stock npc gear tank harpy. We all know someone... don't we.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

I dont believe you period Unless is spwning around 5 goonz then there is no point as normal FCC is more exp.

This glitch is the best new feature that this game has had in years. Also for the tards that keep whining on the forums (most are sins or alts with sin mains?):

The glitch is going to be fixed at the same time that Assassin class is balanced b:bye
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie has already posted that "Devs are working on a fix'. Whatever that actually means, if they DO fix it there NEEDS to be compensation. I mean how is it fair that TONS of people have gotten 105 or even 103 104 with this glitch and it gets removed with no compensation. Now nobody else has access to 105 without doing over 9k normal frosts.
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie has already posted that "Devs are working on a fix'. Whatever that actually means, if they DO fix it there NEEDS to be compensation. I mean how is it fair that TONS of people have gotten 105 or even 103 104 with this glitch and it gets removed with no compensation. Now nobody else has access to 105 without doing over 9k normal frosts.

You "NEED" to be compensated for NOT doing something wrong!? Since when has a policeman ever given you a prize for not going over the speed limit? You need a gift for doing something that is inherently what you are supposed to do?

My good lord, the mindset of some people! b:beatup
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You "NEED" to be compensated for NOT doing something wrong!? Since when has a policeman ever given you a prize for not going over the speed limit? You need a gift for doing something that is inherently what you are supposed to do?

I totally never murdered someone. I need compensation!
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    2/10 guys almost got me. Forgot for a second that this is the PWI forums b:thanks
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

So true.

The fair solution would have been for PWI to never declare this was a glitch, so people in general could have fun glitching the dragoons, as their warning isn't being, nor will it be, heeded by any person determined to do so, because they realize absolutely no repercussions will actually come of it.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Third page?!

This is madness!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok, I now know for sure that goonz squads require considerably more cordination, gear, and coin per hour than the average pwi player has acess to.

you are overrating it. it doesnt take insanely over the top OP gear. it takes good gear yes, but not the kind of gear and cordination ur thinking of. infact the type of gear it does require can be farmed easily if ur not lazy and it certainly does not require rank 9.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Third page?!

This is madness!!

No, this is Sparta. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The fair solution would have been for PWI to never declare this was a glitch, so people in general could have fun glitching the dragoons, as their warning isn't being, nor will it be, heeded by any person determined to do so, because they realize absolutely no repercussions will actually come of it.

This.

I've been in a couple randoms recently where the rest of the squad was made up of mostly members of the same faction, and in those runs, they would do a full run except for jail. The reason? They were having faction mates come in after the run for dragoons. Honestly I was kind of glad they did it that way, as it allowed me to get out of there without having any pressure put on me to take part in the glitch.

So, yeah. No one is paying the warnings any attention, because they know that at most they'll just end up taking a few days vacation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    toast223 wrote: »
    dear community

sincerly yours
    pwi team

Can you hear the pennies... Sorry I mean the euros raining from heaven.

Lets recap:

We promise you 'exciting guild base wars'
    Oh that TW map will be free for a while -- not made better and improved TW war rule wise.
    Two new classes which people really seem to be adopting. Well those who keep playing anyway.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know you're attempting to troll but I'm pretty sure people would love to have new gear to work for and a higher level cap.

there is so much true in this troll
    and the only content of pwi is new way to drain $ from csers
    dont call pv or fail events a new content
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No, this is Sparta. b:cute

No! This is Patrick!