Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i will never understand this attitude... how does someone else's game play effect yours???

is it dissapointing that the level i got after 2 years is now something people get in a couple weeks? sure! BUT who cares? xD you can do whatever you want... you can play this game for free or you can spend money on it... it is all a choice and everyone makes a different one...

b:surrender

I think its the idea that the people down at the soup kitchen should get the same cut of steak as the guy who paid $50 for it. It is communism at its best... doesn't matter how much you make or pay... everyone should be treated the same.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i will never understand this attitude... how does someone else's game play effect yours???

is it dissapointing that the level i got after 2 years is now something people get in a couple weeks? sure! BUT who cares? xD you can do whatever you want... you can play this game for free or you can spend money on it... it is all a choice and everyone makes a different one...

b:surrender

The fact is I like to invest into my gaming, thats not my issue. The issue is its an exploit, PWI allows it and im assuming is profiting off it. I can get in on this myself and level my cleric, veno and whatever else i want to max, but I wont cause I cant trust a company that allows exploits.

You are right about choices.....I chose to spend money on this game, PWI chose to ignore a glitch, I chose to spend my cash on something else, someone comes along and chooses to play this game replacing my income because they chose to spend money on it.......the turn over saga continues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Aaaaaaaand BUMP b:victory
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pretty much a barb,bm, an two seekers make this glitch very easy with proper apoth an genie skills. So how much are they currently charging per hour on your server? I am starting to see people charge for this leveling service and I am seeing people buy my normal mobs an heads service that I provide-less an less. Just curious what the going price is and how long before you think this will be the mainstream way to level since gms arent really gonna catch anyone an permanetly ban them?
    Since we know that gms can give level ups, whats your opinion of just putting level 100 in the boutique since in this day an age it is likely your gonna be lv 100 within a day or two if you choose to buy it anyways?
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I can seriously see them putting a level 100 token in the cash shop.

They will probably start out that only someone with an existing lvl 100 character can buy one and the cost will likely be 500 gold.

My guess is they will only implement this once they raise the level cap to 115 (rank 10 at 105, rank 11 at 110 and rank 12 at 115), that way they can still milk the people using the lvl 100 token for lots more money.
  • MystikDragon - Dreamweaver
    MystikDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »

They will probably start out that only someone with an existing lvl 100 character can buy one and the cost will likely be 500 gold.

My guess is they will only implement this once they raise the level cap to 115 (rank 10 at 105, rank 11 at 110 and rank 12 at 115), that way they can still milk the people using the lvl 100 token for lots more money.

idk rgog it seems a little far fetched to me:P but its PWI so who knows....
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

why would anyone pay 500g for lvl 100 if it takes about 2 hours to lvl a char to 100...
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    why would anyone pay 500g for lvl 100 if it takes about 2 hours to lvl a char to 100...

Same reason people are willing to pay my catshop 100% markup on items and give me mass profit: People are stupid and lazy.
  • rgog
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Same reason people are willing to pay my catshop 100% markup on items and give me mass profit: People are stupid and lazy.

That and it does not take 2 hours to power level to 100
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That and it does not take 2 hours to power level to 100

Goon glitch + x12.5 says hi.
  • rgog
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not everyone has a lvl 103 alt SIN plus it still would not take 2 hours.....5 hours maybe, for most people it would be 25-50 hours using hypers, oracles and getting groups, help, etc...
  • Irae - Harshlands
    Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Goon glitch + x12.5 says hi.

because you know your squad wants to let a lvl 1 in to come stand around doing nothing
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    because you know your squad wants to let a lvl 1 in to come stand around doing nothing

Because 5 mill each isnt enough to pay the party to let you. (25 mill between the 5 other peeps)
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not everyone has a lvl 103 alt SIN plus it still would not take 2 hours.....5 hours maybe, for most people it would be 25-50 hours using hypers, oracles and getting groups, help, etc...
    This is true enough for average people.... but average people really don't apply when talking about extremes like Cheze was.
    When you're doing it with a friend, sure. Same concept as taking a level 1 character through a full FC run prior to this: if you had the connections, go for it. If not, wouldn't happen.
  • rgog
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is true enough for average people

I guess the point I am trying to make is that for someone that has a decent paying job it would be conceivable for them to fork-out $500 to not waste 25-50 hours or more. People are paying 4x that for rank 9 so I could see a lot of people going for it.

Everything PWI seems to be doing lately is a pure money grab, so this would be just another way for them to milk the game.
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That point, I completely agree with.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Let's talk FC glitch: my wizard is finally useful in PvE
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options

Except for the fact that the FC glitch is a bannable offense... so not really.b:bye
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Except for the fact that the FC glitch is a bannable offense... so not really.b:bye

Is it ****.

Ive yet to personally know anyone who has been banned, and I know many many people who are doing it.

You know why people will keep on doing it? Because of the **** "no naming and shaming" rule. You name them, state they were banned and why and you have a chance to put some fear into people doing it. Until then, they havent and wont ban enough people to stop it from happening.

Additionally, why ban people for this when it hardly unbalences the game any further than how it has been for months anyway?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Additionally, why ban people for this when it hardly unbalences the game any further than how it has been for months anyway?

Don't ask me, I just work here. b:chuckle
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don't ask me, I just work here. b:chuckle

And yet you do more work than those properly employed and paid by the company.

Proof, if it were needed, that PWE needs to pay some GMs to be real ****ing GMs and spend 6-8 paid hours a day in-game directly dealing with problems. It sucks **** when the volunteers do more than those who get paid.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    who needs a squad to let you bring a lvl 1 in? just solo O.o
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options

Theres a sincere limit to the soloability to this if you want efficiency too :o Admittedly its probably 10x better than heads at its most inefficient however.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

balance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

solo FC doesn't let a lvl 1 hit 100 in 2 hours O.o

PS I'm using a sig you had made, hope you don't mind, but I find it helpful in the "what class should I play" threads b:avoid
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Straciatella - Sanctuary
    Straciatella - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I really doubt they'll ever fix this, this is just another of many suprises pw has brought to us. One of those suprises is for example.. (and before i get flamespammed don't even try or i'll nyanspamyourface *lol*).. the APS system that should had been fixed from the very start, wich didn't happen so it's to late to ask to change such thing, because 50% of PWI players would quit since they don't actually care about hardcore old school farming but instead get things done asap. Well but that's another story.. what i mean with all this is that it's already late for PWI managers to fix this glitch, it's already a common use for ppl to ask for "Goon Squads" or "Goons Sales". Fixing this glitch would cause many QQ and flamewars all over pwi and as well many ppl to quit (yea sounds stupid right?). So there's not actually a credible point from any of the sides (players and managers) to fix this. Ofc there always ppl who will say goons is just another step for PWI's ruin (not getting deeper cause this would generate and endless post tyvm.) and PWI should return to what it was. Personally i wish that was possible but again most of the players perfer to get things done asap and stay afk in archo for the rest of their lifes *lol*. My toughts over this subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I may have lost everything, but I've still got my bedazzler.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And yet you do more work than those properly employed and paid by the company.

Proof, if it were needed, that PWE needs to pay some GMs to be real ****ing GMs and spend 6-8 paid hours a day in-game directly dealing with problems. It sucks **** when the volunteers do more than those who get paid.

Seriously what we expect from GM? They are just like monkeys begging for banana from China. They CANNOT do anything just pray for fix from china. What they can do is ban people. They don't ban people and this is their biggest FAILURE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    OMGZ PEOPLE ARE LEVELING WE MUST STOP DEM!!!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN HAMMAH b:angry
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Won't be useful for a couple days (even presuming they get banned which is highly unlikely) but after that, it's 105 heaven. b:cute
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seriously what we expect from GM? They are just like monkeys begging for banana from China. They CANNOT do anything just pray for fix from china. What they can do is ban people. They don't ban people and this is their biggest FAILURE.

This message would be so much more effective if you had Lv.105 next to your AV. b:laugh
    I agree though. They'd have to ban more than half their customers if they did, and I don't see that happening.