Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Mofo - Harshlands
    Mofo - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    pretty sure a lot of ppl said even putting medal in cash shop fine, its not a bump for dq rewards, its for medals as a whole.
    the fact that its been 2months+ and they still havent done a thing means either they dont care or they r useless. take you pick b:chuckle
    LOLIROFL CAKE!! GET SOME!!
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If PWI stays on schedule there should be a rep and chip sale next week for the next 4-5 weeks.

Lets hope they bring the Medals this time around (and a d.orb sale).
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ^Number 1500 xD lol and i dont see why you guys are constantly bumping this its not like frankie has any control over it. plus frankie stated it will never be allowed into the dq rewards again and they are working on another way to get it so lay off the gms and let them work.

Disagree. It was pwi who decided they put r8/r9 on sale in December. I wonder what they decide actually about.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ^Number 1500 xD lol and i dont see why you guys are constantly bumping this its not like frankie has any control over it. plus frankie stated it will never be allowed into the dq rewards again and they are working on another way to get it so lay off the gms and let them work.

I am well aware of that and I still disagree with putting medals to CS. I actually want the medals right back at dq rewards.
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Most of us want to know when and how the medals will return to the game. Thats not much to ask for and wouldnt take much effort/work for them to do so. Work seems like a four letter word when combined in a sentence with PWI, GM or Devs.
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Most of us want to know when and how the medals will return to the game.

Did it ever occur to you that they may not have a non-DQ solution available yet? When they do finally have one, we will all be informed of the details in the form of a stickied announcement (assuming sticky, that is).

Common sense.... a lot of you seriously need to start using it.

frankie already closed the "bring back medals" thread. Won't be long until this one gets closed too.
    I actually want the medals right back at dq rewards.

Request denied.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13441631&postcount=85
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Did it ever occur to you that they may not have a non-DQ solution available yet? When they do finally have one, we will all be informed of the details in the form of a stickied announcement (assuming sticky, that is).

Common sense.... a lot of you seriously need to start using it.

frankie already closed the "bring back medals" thread. Won't be long until this one gets closed too.

Request denied.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13441631&postcount=85

Did it ever occur to you that they were in fact in the boutique at one time? And that they have that option still available to them? Guess that common sense went right over your head while trying to be an ***.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Request denied.

Yeah I can read and I disagree with the denial.
  • fuqthegovt
    fuqthegovt Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I can read and I disagree with the denial.

Then do what I did, quit, get your money back if you spent any, and go play Witcher 2, it's da bomb if you get the gog (uncensored) version, tho Triss isn't as hot as the Witcher 1 version. Basicly if you keep playing pwi you're agreeing to continue to be screwed at random intervals in unpredictable ways, 'nuff said.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Did it ever occur to you that they were in fact in the boutique at one time? And that they have that option still available to them? Guess that common sense went right over your head while trying to be an ***.

Aubree is surly today b:chuckle

I liked this one too - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13392241&postcount=83

The Queen of the Elves doesn't take any ****, don't you forget it b:beatenup
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Bump, readd the damned medals already.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Don't hold your breath.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Almost got away.
  • Avriel - Harshlands
    Avriel - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I think its amusing how they said it was too easy to get r9... so now whoever got r9 is set.. **** everyone else. b:chuckle
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I think its amusing how they said it was too easy to get r9... so now whoever got r9 is set.. **** everyone else. b:chuckle

Yep It's pretty UNFAIR to another players. But they are so quiet about it, because all management of this game are just stupid morons.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    And it goes back to the top.
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    $hereKhan - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yep It's pretty UNFAIR to another players. But they are so quiet about it, because all management of this game are just stupid morons.

You know whats even worse ... i mean you cant even call it unfair cause its pretty much the biggest bait and switch scam in the history of this game imo > > >

HAVE A MONTH LONG GENERAL SUMMERS SALE > sell players a ton of chips for gen summers tokens and then >>> whoopdidoo > > > MAKE THE MEDALS OF GLORY VANISH without so much as a notice or warning. >>> wait for 200 pages of QQing then act like saviours and bring em into boutique and make us pay for it again.

So here's to all the fools (me included) who fell for the scam and are now sitting with chips or gen summers tokens in the piggy bank and no medals of glory (more importantly NO CHANCE OF GETTING THEM EITHER) to play with the "lucky to have gotten them first" rank 9'ers.

Come to think of it its like buying a car and then when your about to drive it out of the showroom the company tells you SORRY ... tyres not included, and errrm we wont sell you a new set either cause itll be too easy for you to drive it away ... so sit on your stupid purchase and watch the others drive by .... nice doing business with you.

You know what ... my chars 100 @ 65% need just another 35% to go r 9 since i managed to get atleast 3 medals before this fiasco ... the funny thing is i have not logged in for the last week to level him, havnt traded, havnt even bothered to look at the new sales and the best part with each passing day PWI is begining to make less sense than the more professional game developers out there with better (AND FAIR FOR ALL) options ... costs less money too considering i just spend close to 1025/- Euros FOR NOTHING b:angry and PWE staff dont even give a damn about how we feel.

I guess im just waiting to see how this issue plays out before i decide on continuing with this unprofessional team of managers and developers or finally throwing up my hands in despair and issuing my final goodbyes, and i use the word unprofessional cause believe it or not i started my career in game development and the first thing we learnt before anything else was ... LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYER FEEDBACK and do not do anything to **** of your player base (guess this pwe team skipped that orientation class)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You know whats even worse ... i mean you cant even call it unfair cause its pretty much the biggest bait and switch scam in the history of this game imo > > >

HAVE A MONTH LONG GENERAL SUMMERS SALE > sell players a ton of chips for gen summers tokens and then >>> whoopdidoo > > > MAKE THE MEDALS OF GLORY VANISH without so much as a notice or warning. >>> wait for 200 pages of QQing then act like saviours and bring em into boutique and make us pay for it again.

So here's to all the fools (me included) who fell for the scam and are now sitting with chips or gen summers tokens in the piggy bank and no medals of glory (more importantly NO CHANCE OF GETTING THEM EITHER) to play with the "lucky to have gotten them first" rank 9'ers.

Come to think of it its like buying a car and then when your about to drive it out of the showroom the company tells you SORRY ... tyres not included, and errrm we wont sell you a new set either cause itll be too easy for you to drive it away ... so sit on your stupid purchase and watch the others drive by .... nice doing business with you.

You know what ... my chars 100 @ 65% need just another 35% to go r 9 since i managed to get atleast 3 medals before this fiasco ... the funny thing is i have not logged in for the last week to level him, havnt traded, havnt even bothered to look at the new sales and the best part with each passing day PWI is begining to make less sense than the more professional game developers out there with better (AND FAIR FOR ALL) options ... costs less money too considering i just spend close to 1025/- Euros FOR NOTHING b:angry and PWE staff dont even give a damn about how we feel.

I guess im just waiting to see how this issue plays out before i decide on continuing with this unprofessional team of managers and developers or finally throwing up my hands in despair and issuing my final goodbyes, and i use the word unprofessional cause believe it or not i started my career in game development and the first thing we learnt before anything else was ... LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYER FEEDBACK and do not do anything to **** of your player base (guess this pwe team skipped that orientation class)

Most people are really very patient with other people, except for when they perceive that something is unfair. Removing medals without giving any warning, while trying to sell off rep chips and making us believe that we could get R9, is simply unfair. Having to fight +10 +12 R9 people and being unable to compete with them, is unfair. Letting the people who had medals sell them for 50-100 million coins each making easy money, is unfair.

If PWI had simply given us a 1 week warning that medals would be released, or just flat out told us that they wanted to remove medals because it was causing them to lose money, would have solved everything. BUT PWI doesn't listen to, nor care about it's player base.

No wonder there are over 1500 replies on this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I... guess I'm lucky because I'm too far away from r9 to even own anything related to it, despite knowing about it and planning to get it. But you know... I do cash shop in this game, and the amount of money I've spent could've gone into buying at least 3 awesome new RPGs. But the way things are so messy right now, and probably caused by a small group of code-savvy geeks with no ethics, exploiting like rats our of sight in sewers, making things ****ty for the humans living above ground, sucks. When an area develops a rat problem, the managers need to get a specialize team together to fight that problem, or the residence will move away, leaving only those who can't, and those who fit in with the rats.

And this is just a bump to sort of memorialize this damage, so it can't be pretended it didn't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    And this is just a bump to sort of memorialize this damage, so it can't be pretended it didn't happen.

I don't think that's possible anymore...just saying...b:surrender
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Bump, cos itl annoy Kritty.

Also I want DQ rewards with the medals back, I actually managed to earn some coin off that (Rare thing : me earning any money) and I miss being slightly less poor.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just a bump in hopes that if/when rep goes on sale again June first medals will be included.
  • Zudy - Dreamweaver
    Zudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    another new week, another patch, and again me hoping that THIS TIME we will finaly get the medals back... lets see, lets see b:bye
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yea, same here just checking if medals are going to be readded to DQ page or any other mean on today's patch, but by now we should have realized that we wait in vain.

Lets face it, PWI does not give a **** about anything not cash shop related, if it does not fill their pocket with cash, then they could not careless.

The question is why are we still playing this game? In my case I'm seriously thinking in playing WOW, or quit gaming altogether (wishful thinking), anyway is a first step. b:chuckle
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I dont think PWI realizes how fed up we are. Its pretty sad seeing friends and faction mates leaving the game because they have been screwed over with the medal removal. I just hope they smarten up before the servers are empty and its to late.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lol these things are like crack, when you cut off an addicts supply the rage, after awhile they are still mad but getting used to it. then almost cured of the addiction untill somone mentions crack again. i for one love drugs and would love to have these medals back.

taralalalalateedah...*bump*
    (im not on crack btw)
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Medals will be back in cash shop after maintainance. Check patch notes.

Just being a messenger.
    Enjoy all:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Can we just still bump this thread? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Now it's time to QQ about how medals are too expensive @ 25 gold each! Letz go guys! NEVER BE SATISFIED W/ THE STATUS QUO!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

Update (4-8-2011)

Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

do your arms ever get tired from shoveling all that horsesh*t?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.