Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    do your arms ever get tired from shoveling all that horsesh*t?

Agreed, frankieraye has no credibility whatsoever.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    another new week, another patch, and again me hoping that THIS TIME we will finaly get the medals back... lets see, lets see b:bye

About Freaking Time!

*QQs about how long it took* b:cry
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well you guys begged for it and they finally gave you it so you can stop your QQ and get your rank 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • crazyduck90
    crazyduck90 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The recent sale pretty much reduces the credibility of anything posted by dat guy to next to zero.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well you guys begged for it and they finally gave you it so you can stop your QQ and get your rank 9.

^^ is missing the point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ^^ is missing the point

nope im not missing your point im just saying you guys wanted the medals brought back and here they are. they used to be like what 8 mil tops for the medals? now they cost more so what. you guys got your medals one way or another now you can stop crying and those who actually wanted them can now get them and the others who were just qqing to fit in with the crowd can go onto the earthguard who have no rank 9 qq.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm satisfied. But I think it should be a constant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2011
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

Update (4-8-2011)

Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

This new medal sale pretty much proves this explanation of yours is a bunch of lies. Now the question is, who lied, Frankie, or the developers?
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ahahah anyone really surprised? b:chuckle

*pretends to be shocked* b:shocked
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Now that the medals are finally back, will frankieraye or one of the regular mods PLEASE lock this and all other "bring back medals" threads? My sanity would appreciate it.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Now that the medals are finally back, will frankieraye or one of the regular mods PLEASE lock this and all other "bring back medals" threads? My sanity would appreciate it.

medals are back in cash shop, not in dq rewards, this thread refers to dq rewards...
  • Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    LMFAOOO..... to easy to acquire medals? hmmm grind for dq points (req. ingame work) to acqure medals ...or jus charge it all 2 a credit card....hmmmm witch is harder or takes more work... grinding an working 4 things or charging a card?

rofl....wow dis really made my day.... yes im absolutely DISCUSTED about medals n the cs.... but i still find it halirious...

p.s. srry bout the horrible grammar/spelling... but tbh im roflmfao i really dont care b:laugh
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their lv and beat you with experience." b:surrender b:laugh
  • GolgothX - Heavens Tear
    GolgothX - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yes, it's shame to kill all the fun of gameplay to be a CCG (Credit Card Game). I agree thats necessary to make money for a FTP game but Medals only in cash shop is shame fro old players as me who are not burner of CC.

If exploit is possible for medals in DQs pts, just correct it... All players i know use dqs only for pigment....

Medals with dqs was my objective for my psy. I kept all my dqs items since few monthes waiting medals back in DQ, but they appears in Cash Shop.

Shame on developpers to kill all the fun in game play. Where was the time of friends farming in TT for 70 to 99 stuff ?

Most part of old friends have left now, and i follow them. PWI was a real great game but packs, cash shop and non real event have killed the fun.

Base was good idea but bad exploited. Same for runes. I think PWI has forget than all players couldn't do TWI.

I dont regret time i have played here, helping who i can, and im happy to see that most part of freinds left with me to find new more fun game where CC is not the only way.
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    $hereKhan - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

... The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ,....

FrankieRaye[/COLOR]

Yeah so acquiring medals of glory via DQ UNACCEPTABLE but paying 25 bucks for a medal is perfectly ok ... read my previous posts on this bait and switch bull they just pulled on us i told you people weeks ago this is what they would do ... pull out medals from DQ and wait for us to QQ then act like caring heros and bring them back in a sale.

LMAO PWE staff you take not only the cake but the entire pastry shop when it comes to being shameless moneygrubbers but adding insult to injury your also lying to us openly now .. sad ... very very very sad. Trust me i AM NOT AMUSED AT ALL

P.S: Note to FrankieRaye ... your credibility with the players has surely taken a SERIOUS HIT over this issue, i for one am never gonna take your word on anything ever again.

b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    can we make everyone that got a medal through dq please pay 25 gold a medal and untill then give them shattered r9 gear that wont be fixed untill paid? that seems fair :)
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    In my personal opinion i dont think all the players, get what is about to happen, ive spoken with a few of the older players in my server so id suggest you all get ready for some more pie in your face and another bait and switch tactic to get more $ out of you YET AGAIN.

The basic issue as i can see it is, PWI isnt willing to give you your rank 9 gear for $1025/-, their greed tells them if a player is willing to pay 1025/- for the chips they will pay 475/- for the medals, so how do we make that happen ... here is my personal view of the events as they happened and those yet to come ...

1) They have a month long General Summers Sale and the chips are going off the shelves fast, a little bit of maths later and oh all these guys who brought the chips r gonna need medals.

2) Omg theres a glitch in the medals, the exploiters from TW know how to stack them and make em tradable (heres where we sound the alarm bells and sirens for the panic alert b:shocked) ... please notice they are not fixing the glitch just telling you there is one. On my server ive only ever seen like 20 - 25 medals on sale and that for like 10 -12 mill (errrmmm a few players get rank 9 through these suspect trades... big deal ... so wheres the fire and why should we be running for the hills) ... read on it gets better ...

3)Without warning take medals out of DQ to prevent a supposed (lmao) run on the medals (yeh right 500 ppl would have lined up to zhen mobs for DQ in 3 days and make 100's of medals if you had given us notice)

4)Now you have a whole bunch of ppl who have spent 1025/- on chips with no medals.

5)Wait for the EPIC QQing and triad of protests to start ... till the posts reach page 200

6)Omg we the PWI ppl read all your posts and take all of your best interests to heart and because we love you and care for you so much we have found the perfect solution, ITS A MEDAL OF GLORY SALE for 25 bucks a pop (oh btw an old player friend told me something simillar happened before but i cannot veryify it).

7)100's of players wipe their QQ tears breathe a sigh of relief and fork over another bundle of cash for something they shouldnt have had to pay for in the first place. (btw notice how none of you have choice in this ... its not like u can say im sorry i dont agree please take the tokens or chips u sold me back ... in the real world if u dont like a product or it doesnt work as promised you take it back to the shop .. here you just seeth and fume silently and hand over more money)

8)PWI goes to the bank counting the notes being all helpful and hero like to the cheers of the PWI players who got pie in their face yet again, but just dont know it yet. (lmao do you actually think all of us are so stupid ... perhaps you do or you wouldnt be doing this to us again and again).

Well Honestly i dont buy into that rubbish anymore, my wife and i have spent between us atleast 3500 - 4000/- euros (yes euros not dollars) on this game so far ... I have +12 axes most of my gear is +10 and the one thing i was looking forward to in this game was to spend atleast a few days grinding and working my backside off to get those medals ... i wanted to earn and deserve to have that rank 9 NOT BUY IT FROM A BOUTIQUE like everything else that matters in this game.

Why is this game less about the players each day and more about how much money they can get you to spend ? Well this is where i take MY STAND if they are not bringing medals back into DQ so we can have a chance to earn them and have some pride in owning rank 9 .. then frankly i think my wife and I are gonna make a soft silent protest but putting away our credit cards and getting out of the habit of dumping 120 - 150 euros into this pie in your face developer-player relationship each week.

Its about time the players were heard for once, and its about time you started caring about how WE the players feel this game is developing, and not the chinese development team as always.

You exist because we play and therefore our voice matters. And if our voice doesnt matter then bring those medals into the boutique ... i for one will not buy them, all my gen summers tokens will go into a catshop (omg will that be tradeable now that ive said this b:shocked ) and my financial support for your development team (which i thought till now to be a fair exchange in return for the work you have put into developing this game) will be turned into the form of another "FREE TO PLAY" account happily wearing the rank 8 gear he will get at lvl 100 and riding into the sunset on the cursed tiger demon mount he had to charge 15k zen to get for FREE (lmao) screaming "we the players for once want some justice" b:thanks

Just reposting what i said weeks ago (my original post was dated 04-28-2011) ... just to remind the PWE staff that not all of us are stupid .. and as for your stupid medals KEEP THEM IM NOT BUYING A SINGLE ONE, AS OF THIS MOMENT IM GOING FREE TO PLAY THE HELL WITH YOUR RANK 9 CR@P b:angry and oh btw as promised my chips and the few medals i have will be going on sale ;-P

Incase any of u GM's or pwe management geniuses (LMAO) r wondering u just lost about 3.7-4K euros or more worth of business between me and my wife ... (thats just what we spent in the last few months) , and about time too considering the rubbish you throw in our faces on a weekly basis . Time to look elsewhere at far better and fairer games instead of swallowing your lies and rubbish.

Cheers and i hope more players see you for what u people really are ... SHAMELESS SCAMMERS !!!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    nope im not missing your point im just saying you guys wanted the medals brought back and here they are. they used to be like what 8 mil tops for the medals? now they cost more so what. you guys got your medals one way or another now you can stop crying and those who actually wanted them can now get them and the others who were just qqing to fit in with the crowd can go onto the earthguard who have no rank 9 qq.

i disagree with your use of the phrase "you guys" as it imply there everyone including myself have been begging and pining for medals to be in the cash shop, and you have been righteously standing by, stoic and silent, stroking you mustache and looking wise.

the point you are missing, is not THAT the medals are brought back, it is HOW they have been brought back, as the manner in HOW they have been brought back is completely inconsistent with the reasoning given when they were removed in the first place. your smugness is misplaced, you should shave your mustache of wisdom, as you do not do it justice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fataldevastation
    fataldevastation Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Really PWI they couldn't be in catshop and coexist in DQ rewards? It would cater to all players shoppers and not, way to be greedy. This is a full force pay to win game all the non shoppers will be left in the dust ... tyvm
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    is not THAT the medals are brought back, it is HOW they have been brought back, as the manner in HOW they have been brought back is completely inconsistent with the reasoning given when they were removed in the first place. justice.

Read my original post dated 04-28-2011 ... i predicted this would happen .. and it happened exactly as i said it would ... LMAO I EVEN PREDICTED THE PRICE THEY WOULD SET FOR THE MEDALS (25 bucks a pop) ... see how shameless they are ... i mean we call their bluff and instead of backtracking and trying to fix their mistake, they go ahead and do their little scam anyway ...GOD ! ... U HAVE TO HAVE NO MORALS AT ALL TO LIE AND SCAM SO CASUALLY !!!
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Read my original post dated 04-28-2011 ... i predicted this would happen .. and it happened exactly as i said it would ... LMAO I EVEN PREDICTED THE PRICE THEY WOULD SET FOR THE MEDALS (25 bucks a pop) ... see how shameless they are ... i mean we call their bluff and instead of backtracking and trying to fix their mistake, they go ahead and do their little scam anyway ...GOD U HAVE TO HAVE NO MORAL GROUND AT ALL TO LIE AND SCAM SO CASUALLY !!!

this is the reason i stopped playing this game, i knew it was bull.**** from the very beggining that the medals were going to be taken out of DQ, becasue it was "too easy" to get them. It was always about them making more fackign profit from the medals. Me and a couple of friends have had enougth of that ****, let the heavy cashshoppers play this game. Only a matter of time before everyone else realizes this is't free2play, its Pay2play in disguise
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    this is the reason i stopped playing this game, i knew it was bull.**** from the very beggining that the medals were going to be taken out of DQ, becasue it was "too easy" to get them. It was always about them making more fackign profit from the medals. Me and a couple of friends have had enougth of that ****, let the heavy cashshoppers play this game. Only a matter of time before everyone else realizes this is't free2play, its Pay2play in disguise
    speak for yourself, work hard, or don't work at all.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Why are u still here if you quit.

Not sure y ppl say they quit yet they are still on the forums. b:puzzled

If I ever quit I will not only not be playing the game, but not writing in the forums.
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    speak for yourself, work hard, or don't work at all.

LMAO its not about working hard or not ... i work my a$$ off which is why i could afford to dump money in this mess they call a game >> this is about ETHICS AND MORALS.

ETHICS THE WORLD FOLLOWS 101 (or tries to in most cases)

1) Do not lie to your customers
    2) If u do lie to your customers apologise and try to correct your mistakes.
    3) Do not scam your loyal player base, or do things that make them feel like they have been taken advantage of.
    4) If you end up making a mess and making your players unhappy .. try and add features or fixes to remedy the situation (for eg make medals available in both boutique and DQ then its a players choice which way to go).

BUT HERES PWI ETHICS 101 for you >

1) Rule 1 and the only rule ... ill put it in a silly poem for fun lol

Players be damned, feelings be damned,
    if your not careful you'll be scammed.

We'll sell you a mount for 30 gold,
    Itll be available for 15 when it gets old.

That shiny gear that make you a battlefield demi-god
    its only for rich kiddes you stupid mob grinding sod

We wont fix the bugs or the lag or crashes,
    but for 150k DQ well repaint a horse that looks like it dashes.

Your ingame achievement means nothing to us,
    The bosses you killed or the instances you soloed
    Your credit card number is the one that is hallowed.

In short your not a player you not a person not a soul,
    just leave us your paycheck and go jump in a hole.

b:chuckle dont know whether to laugh at the silly poem or pwe .. guess ill just laugh at them both b:chuckle
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    b:laughb:chuckleLoLb:chuckleb:laugh

That was actually good.

But heres the reality...

1st: only devleopers can make/change whats in the game and not the GM's

2nd: we bring in about 7 -9% of their profit while bejing or wherever this PWE was created is bringing the other 91 -93% of their profit. (who do u think they will listen to most?)

3rd: They will not do anything unless they lose profit. Which means all 7 - 9% has to quit or not play for a month or 2 for them to realize anything...which i doubt that will EVER HAPPEN... and lets say we do.... guess what???? they are only losing about 7 - 9% of their profit!!

Conclusion: Words do not mean anything to them. Action may or may not change their minds though.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    wow thx u gm's this sale rly backs up reason why it was removed from DQ page

too easy to obtain ROFLMAO

25$ per 1 is rly hard...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    wow thx u gm's this sale rly backs up reason why it was removed from DQ page

too easy to obtain ROFLMAO

25$ per 1 is rly hard...

400 bucks for a full 20 is hard for 90% of the game, farming them was hard for about 10% of the game.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • DjRacer - Heavens Tear
    DjRacer - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011

2nd: we bring in about 7 -9% of their profit while bejing or wherever this PWE was created is bringing the other 91 -93% of their profit. (who do u think they will listen to most?)

3rd: They will not do anything unless they lose profit. Which means all 7 - 9% has to quit or not play for a month or 2 for them to realize anything...which i doubt that will EVER HAPPEN... and lets say we do.... guess what???? they are only losing about 7 - 9% of their profit!!

PWE and PW Beijing are two separate companies. PWE pays royalties to PW Beijing for using their content. So most of the money that PWE brings in is in the pockets of PWE.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.
    Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ

Quoted for the lols.
This discussion has been closed.