Rome - Harshlands Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ohshetbrahhemad!
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I find it hypocritical of you to say that 15 people do make up a whole faction regarding your r9 archers and yet somehow people consider urDian and Wytche to be representive of the average Valhalla.

Sigh. Read my post again. It clearly says 15 people do NOT (hence the =/= sign) make up a faction. Also, not sure how r9 for an archer works and the bonuses, but I believe we only have 1 full r9 archer in Cata. Curses mentioned something about it in one of the other threads that the majority of our archers with r9 only have ring and the bow, therefore no bonuses.

And half of our guild you say? Man, you give us and the "omdee Cata is all r9" rumor too much credit.
    Full honesty, if the majority of Valhalla has the same way of thinking you do, you guys really won't improve at all. Saying "Oh cata has more r9 players, r9 archers with bonuses, yadayadayada" isn't going to help you guys turn victorious in the end. The problems not the gear; it's the people playing behind the char with it. Unofortuantly, 80% of the Val have little to no experience (kinda proves in pvp and TW) so sure, it'll take you guys time to learn, but geez enough with the excuses.
    Just learn from your mistakes and move on; enough of the r9 excuses.

Oh, and again, it was actually 55-60 vs 80. ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rome - Harshlands
    Rome - Harshlands Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i think i got a solution! how about your heavy cs'ers press O for the whole GUILD! end of discussion b:bye
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is it possible to over-come superior archer fire power? I think some guild called kylin had 6-7 recasted bows and a +11 rank 8 and a +10 r8 against zulu's 1 recasted bow and a +7 r8 and a few +10 lunar bows might be a good example.

I was in KY during the last KY/Zulu war, and there were MAYBE 3 recasted bows, 2 r8, and one or two lunar bows with low refines. That's if every single archer showed up. I was actually always surprised at how many archers had hh99 in Kylin.

Anyway, archer firepower really does make or break TW. When we were fighting Crimson in Pengwins, Banzzok was seriously the only reason they didn't get wiped in 1 push every time, even though it was like 40vs.80. Kalyptica really never had a large effect.

It's been the same since Zulu, the 10 or so well geared archers could probably 10v80 any guild on the server, as long as they had all buffs.
  • Nospheratu - Harshlands
    Nospheratu - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sigh. Read my post again. It clearly says 15 people do NOT (hence the =/= sign) make up a faction. Also, not sure how r9 for an archer works and the bonuses, but I believe we only have 1 full r9 archer in Cata. Curses mentioned something about it in one of the other threads that the majority of our archers with r9 only have ring and the bow, therefore no bonuses.

And half of our guild you say? Man, you give us and the "omdee Cata is all r9" rumor too much credit.
    Full honesty, if the majority of Valhalla has the same way of thinking you do, you guys really won't improve at all. Saying "Oh cata has more r9 players, r9 archers with bonuses, yadayadayada" isn't going to help you guys turn victorious in the end. The problems not the gear; it's the people playing behind the char with it. Unofortuantly, 80% of the Val have little to no experience (kinda proves in pvp and TW) so sure, it'll take you guys time to learn, but geez enough with the excuses.
    Just learn from your mistakes and move on; enough of the r9 excuses.

Oh, and again, it was actually 55-60 vs 80. ijs.

Yup emo you're absolutely right gear has nothing to do with who wins TW trolololol.....

Go beat any guild on the map besides valhalla and brag about 20vs80.... I don't think anyone will be impressed

Once again I said you guys played well and obviously better than we did. Gratz but you guys are also incredibly stubborn and ignorant
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yup emo you're absolutely right gear has nothing to do with who wins TW trolololol.....

Go beat any guild on the map besides valhalla and brag about 20vs80.... I don't think anyone will be impressed

Once again I said you guys played well and obviously better than we did. Gratz but you guys are also incredibly stubborn and ignorant

No ones bragging. I'm simply stating you guys need practice. And no, I've really never thought of gear as the #1 key goal to TW. It sure as hell helps, but isn't the key thing. Why do you think most thought Val was gonna win? Because they had the most well geared players in one faction on the entire server. Obviously, that thought process was a fail.

The only ignorant one here is yourself, since all you're doing is twisting one's words into your own and trying to play the role as Pixel Hero via the internet.
    Since you seem to know all about TW, go teach your faction how to do it properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow Vemo. You're vicious.
    edited May 2011
    Options

I'ma snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Wanna share some pop-corn for the show?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was in KY during the last KY/Zulu war, and there were MAYBE 3 recasted bows, 2 r8, and one or two lunar bows with low refines. That's if every single archer showed up. I was actually always surprised at how many archers had hh99 in Kylin.

Anyway, archer firepower really does make or break TW. When we were fighting Crimson in Pengwins, Banzzok was seriously the only reason they didn't get wiped in 1 push every time, even though it was like 40vs.80. Kalyptica really never had a large effect.

It's been the same since Zulu, the 10 or so well geared archers could probably 10v80 any guild on the server, as long as they had all buffs.

I remember those wars playing as Burnout, Bannzok was nearly impossible to kill; with my only real solution to save up 3.99 chi, holy path and try to cheapshot him with Sutra/BIDS when he was busy with someone else. Which actually did work 4 or 5 times. So don't say wizzies aren't a factor in TW compared to archers, when I had just a +10 lunar/half of my gears hh90 level compared to his entire +12 set. :p

Mayhem's power was all in their wizards...Ddesire, MD, Violater, Teng, among others, were the main ones keeping mayhem in the war. Having 10-12 +12 R9 wizards running around stocked with chi pots would be just as much of a headache as 10-12 R9 +12 archers.

The biggest difference is that it's easy to escape a wizard without chi. Once you see/hear the gush/undine animation you GTFO, activate magic marrow, whatever. An archer with 0 chi can still stun-shot and kill the majority of their targets, and the only option for escape is absolute domain/expel/whatever.

If you're a wizard in TW and you really want to make an impact you basically have to live on chi pots and veno sparks, or have a weapon refined high enough to one-shot most people with gush. Taking 6 seconds to gush/pyro/gush kill a charmed target is, sadly, way too long, especially when they're free to pot/escape/counter with their own CC due to a mage's crappy offensive CC capability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Embustero, Nos, bloo_eyes, Karken, Tutmozis, Angel was in there for a couple weeks, so yeah, you could say there where atleast 3 recast bows i guess....

^ True story, 3 man Stalkers defence team was pro b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im not talking about the last kylin wars...they were a joke anyways. Im talking about when we were right in the middle of it. When the wars were lasting 2.5 hours. Kylin had far superior archer fire power. Over the months we obviously caught up and people like stayne and thailer quit playing.

I dunno why nospheratu is always so butthurt about everything. You dont say congrats to a guild when your original post is trying to take something away from their accomplishment. You can keep ur back handed congrats.

Gear has lots to do with a TW. Valhalla is extemely well geared, so are we. Valhalla is just full of people who have been losing wars for over a year and a half and can't seem to learn how to play their role in TW. Valhalla core is supposed to be ex MY server pro's I thought. They should be able to teach u how to play.

Great job on the win tonight Catalyst! 6 catas prolly isnt an advantage just like an extra 2 or 3 squads isnt an advantage, but I think we did great either way!

Edit: For anyone who's wondering no video for tonight's war. Couldnt get fraps working and it was pretty much a repeat of yesterday. Valhalla got some towers on B the first push and after that it they couldnt get out of their base and it was over.
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Edit: For anyone who's wondering no video for tonight's war. Couldnt get fraps working and it was pretty much a repeat of yesterday. Valhalla got some towers on B the first push and after that it they couldnt get out of their base and it was over.

wow, gratz, I suppose. b:pleased
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im not talking about the last kylin wars...they were a joke anyways. Im talking about when we were right in the middle of it. When the wars were lasting 2.5 hours. Kylin had far superior archer fire power. Over the months we obviously caught up and people like stayne and thailer quit playing.

I dunno why nospheratu is always so butthurt about everything. You dont say congrats to a guild when your original post is trying to take something away from their accomplishment. You can keep ur back handed congrats.

Gear has lots to do with a TW. Valhalla is extemely well geared, so are we. Valhalla is just full of people who have been losing wars for over a year and a half and can't seem to learn how to play their role in TW. Valhalla core is supposed to be ex MY server pro's I thought. They should be able to teach u how to play.

Great job on the win tonight Catalyst! 6 catas prolly isnt an advantage just like an extra 2 or 3 squads isnt an advantage, but I think we did great either way!

thank you.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dear Okopogo.

Did u feel the electricity between us in tonight's war. Leading attack with you got me all fired up and my heart was racing and screaming out for you. I hope the feeling was mutual.

Oh and sports are awesome too.
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The feeling was nearly as mutual as the sidewerds 8 is.

We Like sportz and we dont care who knows!
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    from shooting hoops to the super bowl!
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    for the celebration, ill shoot my gun
  • Mofo - Harshlands
    Mofo - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    iceskating~~
    LOLIROFL CAKE!! GET SOME!!
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

^ True story, 3 man Stalkers defence team was pro b:cute

^ True story, I thought there were only 2 actually xD

I killed one of you most pushes if i recall... just the other 1/2 of you would then kill me, and easily wipe out my entire offense when i was dead lol.

And grats cata b:victory
    Personally I was pretty confident you'd win due to the fact that valhalla's never had a competitive tw until now, so half their members don't really have a clue what they're doing despite how op and cashed out their toons are.
    99% of the server of course thought you'd lose due to valhalla having so many "OP" members and everyone being so well geared and CLEARLY outgearing and outnumbering cata etc etc. So yeh, it's pretty rich that everyone is now changing their tune and saying how catalyst only won because they are the best geared, and have so many R9 archers blah blah blah.
    Just go's to show that gear isn't the be all and end all to winning a tw, and people can't accept that, so go "you cash shop more than me or i would win Q_Q"

*Edit* - Oh wait... we're talking about sport now? errrm... Polo?
    what? I like horses D:
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *FacePalm* Here think about this. I am the probably 4th best geared archer in Valhalla after all the r9s and I am completely non-factor. In catalyst I would be like the 17th best geared archer. So keep saying that Valhalla outgears Catalyst but the facts would say otherwise.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh, I didn't mean that I think valhalla vastly out gear catalyst. I was saying that the general opinion of people on the server before the tw's was that valhalla out geared (and perhaps more importantly out numbered) cata. Then cata win and the general opinion suddenly switches to catalyst being the best geared. I didn't mean just you either. If you asked any random player a week ago who'd win out of the two factions 9 out of 10 would say, "lol valhalla will face roll through them with all the OP they have, derrrp." Now you ask someone and 9 out of 10 say "obviously cata have so many R9 archers that they're always going to win" and if valhalla win in the future they're all going to start saying it's because of the gear valhalla have.

I was just trying to point out that both factions are very well geared, you can't really say one has a huge advantage gear wise (though if i had to choose the best geared it would still be valhalla every time) and so gear clearly isn't the reason catalyst won. It's not gear and numbers that's making a difference here, which are the usual things everyone claims win tw's. It shows that experience, teamwork, strategy etc etc really do play a big part in tw. But like usual no one accepts this and claims it's all about gear.
    No one can admit that they're the worse group of players, that they were less organised, less intelligent, less experienced and the other team were just plain better than you were. Everyone always has to start talking about gear. Even when gear is equal, and even when the losing team is better geared.

It just makes me laugh that people have the gall to claim that gear had any affect on valhalla losing a tw.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that we were the less organized.. less prepared less experienced group of players. But also GEAR played a part. Watch how Curses Shreds through absolutely anyone like a hot knife through butter in this video unless they are a barb. Even Urdian takes a 12k crit from him in the video (nearly oneshot because +12 r9 arcanes only gives like 12.6k unbuffed hp if you're full magic). Catalyst has more than 11 people in their guild than can do this whereas we have 3. that's only considering archers. They also have more r9 wizards. we have one r9 wizard and they have 4.

Yes Catalyst is much more skilled but its not Skill vs gear. Its Catalyst(Skill +Gear) vs Valhalla(worse gear and lack of skills).
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Catalyst has some very well geared archers, and archers do play a huge role in tw. But the over all quality of gear within valhalla is in my opinion as high if not higher than the quality of catalysts gears. Lets not forget the number difference too. That should more than put the odds in valhallas favor.

Yes catalysts archers are insane, and some other members too, but a fair amount of catalyst don't have really exceptional gear. Cata use what they have well, where as valhalla don't appear to be making the most of the advantages that they posses.

I respect that you admit to being the worse team tactically, but I still don't think gear had much to do with it, especially when you consider the number difference. Hopefully valhalla won't lose too many people from their tw loss's and will start to become better at tw in time. Once you have organisation and some kind of strategy to counter catalysts R9 archers in place I'm guessing valhalla will start to come out on top in the long run unless catalyst do some heavy recruiting. 60vs80 should be valhallas win even if cata had 20 archers with r9 bows.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that we were the less organized.. less prepared less experienced group of players. But also GEAR played a part. Watch how Curses Shreds through absolutely anyone like a hot knife through butter in this video unless they are a barb. Even Urdian takes a 12k crit from him in the video (nearly oneshot because +12 r9 arcanes only gives like 12.6k unbuffed hp if you're full magic). Catalyst has more than 11 people in their guild than can do this whereas we have 3. that's only considering archers. They also have more r9 wizards. we have one r9 wizard and they have 4.

Yes Catalyst is much more skilled but its not Skill vs gear. Its Catalyst(Skill +Gear) vs Valhalla(worse gear and lack of skills).

Im not gonna argue, since your arguments are that we have good gear and we are simply better at TW than valhalla. I cant argue that. just a few points of note.

-My videos are x3 speed, and my squad knows how to assist attack so it only looks like I shred through ppl like butter... when in fact its actually quite slow and a combined effort.

- the 12k crit on urdian (as much as i enjoyed it) was from a demon dg on an unbuffed psy.

- im not an invincible god. I'm actually quite squishy. I have been 1 shot by wytche and urdian on several occasions. I even get 1 shot by people like kywe.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that we were the less organized.. less prepared less experienced group of players. But also GEAR played a part.

Bull ****ing *****.

You guys lost because you're not as organized and experienced. It's the very reason I'd bet so confidently in Catalyst winning the war. I'd heard too many Valhalla complaining about that backwards-*** guild payment rule and my own guild, Crimson-flippin'-Jr, now has four ex-Valhalla because of frustration with that rule alone. And no one I know had any compliments for your organization in TW, if there even is any.

Everyone keeps mentioning this 3-man Stalkers defense war (was I in that one or did this event occur twice?). Now think about it: how often would you see three people, no matter how OP they are, dominating PK? Two days ago I saw Urdian and Gods_Raven + a bunch of randoms getting beaten by several Insanity; multiple lower-geared Insanity (probably 7 to 10) + SlowZ, yet they had no trouble doing it time and time again. In my experience with PK in Catalyst, we were almost always beaten by Valhalla. Why do these fights turn out this way? How is it that 3v12 in PK seems impossible but then they turn around and pull of 3v70 in TW? Because in PK nobody organizes; everyone's there for fun. So why the hell do the tides turn so drastically in TW? Why is it Catalyst and Co. can 3 vs. 70 a guild and 60 v 80 a better geared guild but they can't win 10 v 15 in PK? Because one of you is organized and experienced and the other isn't. The gear is exactly the same as it always had been, and you STILL outnumber them, but while they go in knowing what they're doing and strategizing, you guys have honestly never had a legit TW; you've had crystal sprints.

I don't know which one of you is -technically- better geared, nor do I care to know, because it's quite clear that both of you should be more than capable of beating the other. People just like yelling "gear" because it's an easy excuse to make, and because they don't understand the impact that organization actually has.
    Also might have to do with the fact that you've got a crapton of sins, and wtf are sins for in TW...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ...wtf are sins for in TW...

scouts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think Longknife made that comprehensive enough.

Lets see how it gets twisted and turned....
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Chilling like a villan in crimsonjr,

Valhalla can improve, if they let the ppl who ran it for crimson do it..kinda like they did in the last zulu vs crimson wars....

HERE'S the differ between cata and valala...lots of cata although they are op..they farmed their gear..ya even their r9 bows..ask ppl like shootnblanks who farmed like a slave for a r9 bow while ppl in valala charged gold nd got it done...ALSO teamwork...its not world pvp where ganking will get you the win most of the time.

I left because,I don't Wanna be in guild with idiots who tlkd tons of **** to me in the past for example MrsNospheratu who constantly pms me trash talk...LIKE NIGGUH U ROCKING R9 SET +11 ,not only do you suck...but your QQ is outrageous.

Btw..am I the only one who thinks pots is the key to surviving r9 if your gear cannot take the hits?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Chilling like a villan in crimsonjr,

Valhalla can improve, if they let the ppl who ran it for crimson do it..kinda like they did in the last zulu vs crimson wars....

HERE'S the differ between cata and valala...lots of cata although they are op..they farmed their gear..ya even their r9 bows..ask ppl like shootnblanks who farmed like a slave for a r9 bow while ppl in valala charged gold nd got it done...

Yknow, something I DO have to ask....

Why DO people immediately charge thousands after hitting level 100? Someone asked this in another thread and no one really commented on it, but seriously: why? If you charge thousands and immediately hit r9 +12, then no one can compete with you except for the elite few who either did the exact same, have been playing since the server began or spent so much time farming that they could accuse PWI of slave labor. Every time I see a r9 at west that's killing everyone, I just leave. There's no point, because although it IS possible to kill a r9, it's a ridiculous uphill climb.
    In the meantime, I've spent $0 on the game and I'm sure I have far more fun than those who **** out a giant gold **** on the devs' stomaches. Why? Cause when I go out to west, people don't run from me. They stay and fight. Furthermore I actually forced to put SOME thought into what I do since I can't just kill people by looking at them funny. I'm getting far more bang for my buck in this game, which is ironic and hysterical considering I haven't even paid whereas some of them have paid small fortunes into this game.

I guess what I'm saying is, stop paying PWI and pay my rent instead.

Nah. My point is, now Valhalla has actually put themselves in an interesting position. They lack experience (both in TW and, for some of them, PK as well) and desperately need more if they're to beat Catalyst, yet BECAUSE their gear is so OP, they're gonna have a hell of a hard time building up that experience. Who are they gonna practice on? There's no one they can practice fighting expect for Catalyst, which isn't the most active PK guild and as far as TW goes, it'll take weeks before Val shows improvement. People might jump ship before then.
    I <3 AGOREY