Nerf mage and psy damage, as well as soulforce

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Let me say it again. A wiz with a good anti stun genie can put up a very good fight against a BM, probably better than an archer can.

Don't say **** like Domain the first attacks as if every wiz is **** enough to blow all their sparks on an invuln opponent.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • liamhallett86#4514
    liamhallett86#4514 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    rawrgh you are so correct...psy is so overpowered for tw and pk...psy 1shot bms even with marrow magical, and sin dies easy because soulfource...STOP QQ ABOUT 5APS...MAGES can bring bm and he will hf for ya... just get great gear so you can do damage...qq..qq
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    YES I vote YES .. NErF every fking thing .. i dont care.. remove all classes and leave only the GM class.. Fok this ****
  • Courtneyabwy - Lost City
    Courtneyabwy - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Gawd QQ more, a high hit rate is all a wiz has in this game!!! If you cant kill a arcane wizard reroll or uninstall...geeesh
    Haterz Gunna Hate b:laugh
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Gawd QQ more, a high hit rate is all a wiz has in this game!!! If you cant kill a arcane wizard reroll or uninstall...geeesh

range, most broken kiteing skil in game high phys def DPH and spike DPS along with a near instant seal and instant sleep

if you dont know your own class go uninstall. nobody said wizzies where OP aside from the jokeing starter post, however the sheer amount of QQ from that class mandates that we tell you how to play. yes wizzies are basicly a faceroll class aside from timeing antistun and sutra. they where a faceroll class when tt 90 was endgame and they're even more so now leap>sutaspam and poke> poke>sleep>ulti arent rocket science and require none of the timeing or skill of a stunlock around antistun skills.

again never said wizzies were OP, just that a 4 year old could pk vs a non sin mele class on one succesfully. the same can be said of any class with the exception of BM's, low refine barbs, and pre seal of the god clerics.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Do people really fail so hard they want to pve at endgame?
    Do people really fail that hard to notice that nirvana makes awfull money campared to merchanting?

It really isn't that hard.
    And it still amazes me as to how many people only pve at endgame.
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Let me say it again. A wiz with a good anti stun genie can put up a very good fight against a BM, probably better than an archer can.

Don't say **** like Domain the first attacks as if every wiz is **** enough to blow all their sparks on an invuln opponent.
    Why should a wizard use genie skill just to survive and BM doesn't have to use any genie skill to survive? Do you see unbalance? Wizard have to use genie skill while BM doesn't. According to you is it ok?
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why should a wizard use genie skill just to survive and BM doesn't have to use any genie skill to survive? Do you see unbalance? Wizard have to use genie skill while BM doesn't. According to you is it ok?

A smart BM will use a genie skill or apothecary potion if they see a rank8 or higher mage class coming, otherwise they will be dead before they can reach the caster, even at a sprint.

On topic:
    I don't mind that it takes me 3-4x as long to solo FC (yes, I can solo FC, shut yo face!), or that it takes more effort or friends to find squads.
    I'm not a huge fan of Nirvana or TT, they are fun to figure out, but after the umpteen-millionth-spark-faceroll-repeat (at which point the original investment in gear begins to pay off) I would be supremely bored.
    Props to the people who like doing 4, or 8, or 12 nirvanas and 3-6 bhs a day, it's not my thing. So I rolled a psychic (after my old school cleric and barb became obsolete).

I'm cool with melee classes doing 5 times the damage I can on bosses in a few instances, and I am always glad when they bring me along.
    I'm cool with being about DPH not DPS, spike aoe bursts instead of consistent single target damage. The squad of sins that takes down a boss in 1 minute drops to one single aoe from me, I consider it a fair trade.

(side note to the "merchant, you'll make more money than farming" bandwagon: if no one grinds or farms you will have very little to merchant, if everyone is a merchant, you will have no customers)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011

your either a troll or cant read
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Actually a BM do have to use genies to 1v1 PK...stupid stupid people. Sin is pretty much the only class that can PK people with genies without genies.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    BM's can pk easily w/o genie o.O.only class id say we need genie is vs Sin,just for expel so idk what ur talking about LOL b:sweat
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    BM's can pk easily w/o genie o.O.only class id say we need genie is vs Sin,just for expel so idk what ur talking about LOL b:sweat

I forgot how bad the casters that PvP on Dreamweaver are... b:chuckle
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Saturday - Harshlands
    Saturday - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Since everyone loves to Q_Q about 5 aps DDs in their specialty, I decided to make a thread QQing about casters in their specialty.

A mage is incredibly overpowered in TW. You go out in get 72 gold, if you're patient about 50 to 60mil. Then refine to +6 with tienkang and tisha orbs as well as mirages. This is about 10mil. Then you get a 7 star orb for about 15mil. Then get 3 ocean orbs for 30 gold each, they were selling for about 25mil last sale.

Total cost? About 150mil.

The rest? Just leave your rank 8 chest and legs at a decent refine level get some mediocre gears, etc.

You now **** just about everything in TW. You can easily one shot entire groups of people, easily. Just target someone, stand at max range, and cast sage black ice dragon strike. If you aimed well you just killed 10 people, and put yourself at barely any danger. Overpowered.

On the flip side, is psychic's if you want to refine high.

You get full rank 9 with +10 gears? You are literally unstoppable. You have so much soulforce that if any DD so much as attacks you twice they will be sealed. Sins now do more damage to themselves than they do to you with your reflect ability. And if somehow they get past all that? Psychic will and you have crazy damage immunity. Not to mention that by sharding with jade of steady defense shards, you can easily get over 100 defense levels. You every try killing someone who has 10k hp unbuffed with 100 defense levels? It's not easy, and it definitely takes more than one hit, too bad that after your one hit you get sealed.

They are so dominant in PK and TW it's not even funny. They can spend barely any money and become a huge factor, or spend a lot of money and become literally unstoppable.

We need an experienced player from the PvP server to QQ about these.

You have totally no idea about PvP.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey Rawrgh

http://pwcalc.com/422f310a551d7fb9

b:cool

and ignore the attack and def levels on the calc, there broken b:cool
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    We need an experienced player from the PvP server to QQ about these.

You have totally no idea about PvP.
    Says the level 1 alt with terrible grammar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is why Rawrgh has so much problem in pk. b:laugh

More like it isn't necessary. If I glitch tiger form with claws I have 5.0 aps with 14.5k hp, and I can tank just about every instance in the game. Delta gives me a bit of trouble but as long as I pay attention I'm fine, and this is with a base VIT of 20 and an average refine of +4
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I forgot how bad the casters that PvP on Dreamweaver are... b:chuckle

theres some decent R9 casters in DW lol , not many of them pk though. b:sad b:sweat
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    theres some decent R9 casters in DW lol , not many of them pk though. b:sad b:sweat

I am not talking about gear.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I am not talking about gear.
    But r9 is omfgpwn so no need for pk skills or even be in pk mode at all. They one shot everyone!!!
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    a well geared wizzie will not die to me in first stun unless the bm procs GS

Fixed it for you.

Don't know why your quoting me with this reply - i said if BM survives first wiz attack, its a pretty even fight.
    If GS procs AD otherwise leap out for roar/fortify OI . Bm spends another few seconds runnign after you then more time sealed. If bm OIed then you get another leap before that cools off if bm has it still badge>leap. Bm closes and you get to fortify out of next stun while nukeign away. Then leap away and seal again. Oh and your nukeign the poor bm the entire time

Oh my, I will have to find you on my sanctuary wizard. Reading this, you make this sound like wizards have better control skills than a BM.

And nukeign the poor bm the entire time? Get magic marrow. It might help.
    In your example the bm just burned all its geni energy while the wizz still has 100% to play with. As for apocs the wizz can just vac pot and 3 spark.

In MY example? I have to go re-read that I guess.

edit: ok, reread. You think that a wiz has all its energy after a sleep (2 min cooldown), ulti (2 sparks) and likely a damage amp (spark, frenzy, or at least extreme poison).

After all that, compared to the bm just using domain, that the WIZ has all its "energy" left?

And as pointed out by another bm above, most times with magic marrow, bms don't even need to use a genie to pk anyone but sins, which is generally true.

Do they use them? sure. But 90% of the time they don't have to if they are not outgeared or otherwise a fool.
    Never ever try to pretend range isnt the single biggest advantage in pvp in this game aside from stealth.

Um, no. Stun/control skills are. Sins are sneaky because of stealth. They are op in terms of pvp because of stuns. I've seen plenty of sins pk without stealth and whoop a bms tail.
    Its why a single CS wizz/psy can change the entire way a TW is played.

CS psy? yes. Wiz? To a much, much lesser degree that it shouldn't even be compared.
    For somone who playes a class that CONSTANTLY cries about sins getting the first hit you should realize how huge of an edge that is. Specificly how huge of an edge that is in a game where thanks to rank 8 and jones bless the first hit is more often than not a damn charm tick.

Again, not sure why you are quoting me. I don't believe I ever said it wasn't.
    Not a QQ just how that little scenario actually plays out when the wizzies not an absolute tard who cant time a damn antistun or kite.

Wizards don't have anti-stuns, ijs. Or do you mean apoth with long cool down, in which case it really can't be "timed" throughout a fight, only used once.

Or do you mean genie skills, which if used limit the wizards ability to nuke, and may, depending on what else the genie is used for, have a longer cycle time than the bms stuns - again, making them use once therefore note really a "timing" issue throughout the fight.
    Bm's take a ton of skill to actually close on a good ranged class because they need to predict antistuns and time for minor openings in cooldowns, whereas kiteing is purely reactive based on stun pattern. Or in other words with equal gear and skill the bm will lose most of the time because it takes more skill to play a bm competently than it does to play a ranged class.

Maybe your just not cut out for it? Roll a wiz and see how you do with that "easy" class.

There is a reason there are usually alot more bms in pk areas than wizards, across ALL servers.
    A idealy skilled bm vs an idealy skilled wizz is about even. Anything less is a faceroll for the caster.

Um, I think that is what I originally said, assuming the bm can survive the first attack, its about an even fight.
    I'm saying you suck at your class or have **** gear...most likely both... just in case you hadent caught that by now.

Interesting. I have 2500 kills and you have 300. 300 on a server that is what? more than twice as old as mine?

Chrisn I am quit sure wouldn't share your assessment. And neither would 90% of the bms that actually pk on sanctuary. Sounds to me like the wizards there have you grossly out geared, and out skilled.

Shame there isn't a cross server pk area. Would shut up 50% of the hot air on these forums, ijs.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011

If they don't, and they use their control skills to hold the bm, then they have no control skills to later get off their 6 second casting attacks

If they do, then you domain and they are on cooldown.

I am not saying bms will roll wizard, all things equal, I am saying quite the opposite - that its an even match. The only advantage - as josh pointed out - is range. But after the first few seconds, range shouldn't be much of an issue.

Thats why I said first attack. Presumably the wizard has that range and would want to take advantage of it.

And by the way, with rank 9 BMs, you have little choice. Once they get close enough, forget aps - crit crit with those axes and its over.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011

This, except for maybe other arcanes. They can, but they have it pretty difficult endgame. Unless you +12 a psychic, etc., wizards are probably the strongest arcane class for pvp (dunno about mystics, but I would love that knock back), but bms and sins are at the top of the pile, there's no denying it.
    edited April 2011

No, he doesn't. He's just gotten his hat handed to him so many times by wizards, he is afraid of them.b:chuckle

My point is - that says more about him than it does about EITHER class.

your either a troll or cant read

Better than being a troll that can't play.

And assumes noone else can either.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2011
  • KillinEye - Sanctuary
    KillinEye - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Okay, so:
    Melee classes are seen OP, Magic classes are seen OP.
    But they can't be OP on both fields, because then nobody would be OP.
    So why don't be just let melee classes be OP with their 5aps in PvE,
    and keep magic classes OP in the PvP aspect of the game?
    Seems fine to me.
    And if you want to be OP in both PvP and PvE, then accept that you'll have to make a melee and a magic class. Twice the work for twice the OP-ness, seems fair to me?
    edited April 2011
    Okay, so:
    Melee classes are seen OP, Magic classes are seen OP.
    But they can't be OP on both fields, because then nobody would be OP.
    So why don't be just let melee classes be OP with their 5aps in PvE,
    and keep magic classes OP in the PvP aspect of the game?
    Seems fine to me.

Well, because that would be false. Just look at west gate on any server. See psychics, clerics, venos and wizards hanging around? No.

You see sins (well, you don't see them), bms, barbs, and archers.

See in world chat "nirvana squad looking for casters?" no, they want the same, preferably high aps.

So only an idiot like josh would think otherwise for pk or pve.

Now, TW? What makes a wizard and psychic more competitive, and even great, is AOE. Hard hitting AOE. Period.

So if you want to revise that statement to say "half the magic classes are op in the 1 hour (maybe) per week that is TW, and the rest of the game is all owned by the melee classes" - I would agree with you.

The problem is, these other morons are so bad at what they do vs wizards and psychics, they don't even see the simple truth of it.

And again, you don't have to take my word for it: just look at who does what in game. Not hard to figure out for yourselves.

Now, if we are talking rank 9 wizards - maybe, i don't know. We can only tell once everyone has rank 9, because rank 9 wizard vs anyone not rank 9 we are no longer talking about equal gear. And in this game, better gear makes up for alot, lack of skill and even structural deficiencies among the difference classes.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Okay, so:
    And if you want to be OP in both PvP and PvE, then accept that you'll have to make a melee and a magic class. Twice the work for twice the OP-ness, seems fair to me?

I believe what most squishies have a problem with is that Assassin is OP in both, save for mass PVP (like you'd find in TW).

The problem is that PW-CN are stuck between a rock and a hard place with Assassin: get rid of stealth, and the class is now a one-shot for most anyone in PVP (LA is the worst possible armor choice, and Sins don't get the benefit of range like Archers); nerf their stunlock, and you won't really notice much difference since well-geared Sins can drop 30k HP Cata Barbs in a few seconds; nerfing their APS down to 4.0 or 3.33 only really affects their ability to kill well-geared Cata Barbs and some BMs; doing all-of-the-above would make Sin one of the weakest classes in the game.

Also, bear in mind that with none of those nerfs and the Sin as over-powered as it is now, against a well-geared Psy the Assassin will die horribly over and over again. The problem with using Psy as a counterbalance is that they need a lot of soulforce, whereas a Sin just needs 2.5 APS+ and a working knowledge of their class to destroy 90% of the people they come across. I would know. I suck at PVP, and I still faceroll people to death (albeit on a lolPVE server, even if Core Connect sucks at updating my actual PVP kills from TWs alone).
    ee in world chat "nirvana squad looking for casters?"

No, but I did see a post about a caster-onry squad that exploited Seeker debuffs to clear Nirvy in 25 minutes. It's not quite the golden 8-minute-nirvy that I've heard about but never seen on my PVE-awesome Assassin (most of my faction runs are anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on squad members), but is it close enough to cease casters' incessant whining? From a balance standpoint, yes. Judging from the player base...I doubt it.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I believe what most squishies have a problem with is that Assassin is OP in both, save for mass PVP (like you'd find in TW).

The problem is that PW-CN are stuck between a rock and a hard place with Assassin: get rid of stealth, and the class is now a one-shot for most anyone in PVP (LA is the worst possible armor choice, and Sins don't get the benefit of range like Archers); nerf their stunlock, and you won't really notice much difference since well-geared Sins can drop 30k HP Cata Barbs in a few seconds; nerfing their APS down to 4.0 or 3.33 only really affects their ability to kill well-geared Cata Barbs and some BMs; doing all-of-the-above would make Sin one of the weakest classes in the game.

Also, bear in mind that with none of those nerfs and the Sin as over-powered as it is now, against a well-geared Psy the Assassin will die horribly over and over again. The problem with using Psy as a counterbalance is that they need a lot of soulforce, whereas a Sin just needs 2.5 APS+ and a working knowledge of their class to destroy 90% of the people they come across. I would know. I suck at PVP, and I still faceroll people to death (albeit on a lolPVE server, even if Core Connect sucks at updating my actual PVP kills from TWs alone).

true
    but if they nerf the hability to do skills in stealth + they lost self-buffs in stealth it would be fair (and reduce CD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    true
    but if they nerf the hability to do skills in stealth + they lost self-buffs in stealth it would be fair (and reduce CD)

Losing self-buffs by using stealth would break the class more than any other item I mentioned--because LA sucks, a Sin's only defense is their stealth + stunlock + their buffs. Their buffs are the only thing that allow them to still function in TWs and mass PVP--Maze Steps is only 10 seconds and isn't worth the spark used to cast it in mass PVP, since the Sin is going to be dead in a few seconds after coming out of stealth anyway. Far better to use Tidal Protection and invincibility/damage-cutting apo/genie skills instead. Or Vacuity powders + Focused Mind. Either require the Sin to buff in stealth, as per the duration + cooldown. If PW buffed Sins duration on their self-buffs, though, this fix would help nerf Sins helpfully. Just get rid of the part where it clears self-buffs.

Ideally, Sin will be balanced by nerfing their ability to stunlock. I'm not naive enough to believe most Sins can APS any class ever to death the second they hit 100. Most of them require stunlock from stealth to get their kills. Nerf Sin's ability to perma-stealth (but leave the force-stealth skill) and you cut down on the faceroll aspect of their ability to PVP. Actually, even if you nerfed force stealth to last only 10-15 seconds, that would (fairly) leave enough Sins time to escape dangerous situations without abusing stealth for the sake of cooldown timers.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Losing self-buffs by using stealth would break the class more than any other item I mentioned--because LA sucks, a Sin's only defense is their stealth + stunlock + their buffs. Their buffs are the only thing that allow them to still function in TWs and mass PVP--Maze Steps is only 10 seconds and isn't worth the spark used to cast it in mass PVP, since the Sin is going to be dead in a few seconds after coming out of stealth anyway. Far better to use Tidal Protection and invincibility/damage-cutting apo/genie skills instead. Or Vacuity powders + Focused Mind. Either require the Sin to buff in stealth, as per the duration + cooldown. If PW buffed Sins duration on their self-buffs, though, this fix would help nerf Sins helpfully. Just get rid of the part where it clears self-buffs.

Ideally, Sin will be balanced by nerfing their ability to stunlock. I'm not naive enough to believe most Sins can APS any class ever to death the second they hit 100. Most of them require stunlock from stealth to get their kills. Nerf Sin's ability to perma-stealth (but leave the force-stealth skill) and you cut down on the faceroll aspect of their ability to PVP. Actually, even if you nerfed force stealth to last only 10-15 seconds, that would (fairly) leave enough Sins time to escape dangerous situations without abusing stealth for the sake of cooldown timers.

the hability to 3 sparks outside stealth and to return in stealth mode to go near the target is why I said that :P That's why I said to reduce the CD too

force stealth IF you need 1 spark to cast it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte