Nerf mage and psy damage, as well as soulforce

Options

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Any game i ever played **** is unbalanced, certain classes have advantages over the other class.

Idk why PWI of all games can't stop QQing about it in the forums lately.

Um, because sins are hax at pvp and pve. Only TW arguably they have no advantage, but they still have a role to play at least.
    if you ever played a sin you would know that if you go all out on 1 person and kill them and restealth youve got at LEAST 90 seconds before you can do it again.

A whole 90 seconds? Aw

"If you ever played" a wiz, you wouldn't object to that with our 2 minute cool down on sleep, really our only immobilize, that is COMPLETELY useless in TW, ijs
    There is a Psy on my server named UrDian. He has g16 cube neck, full r9, cloudcharger, 2nd cast nirvy helm, r9 ring, and a cv ring. Everything I listed is +12 with +2 defense stones.

UrDian also owns a Sin. This sin has 2 pairs of +12 daggers, a 2nd cast nirvana pair and an r9 +12 pair of daggers. All of his gears is +10, 4.0 sparked with r9 +12 with attack shards in every socket, while everythhing is 4socketed.

Um, i normally don't swing that way, but does he need a boyfriend?
    Exactly. They're just QQing because they're good in PvP and not PvE. They want to be dominant in PvP AND PvE.

zzzzzzz, bms/sins are good at both, arguably just not at TW, and BMs can be very good there too, just not with fists/claws.
    Also you realize most people who are complaining have less than like 1k kills. The real wizards of each respective servers are not here ******** about 5.0.

fake wizard b:surrender
    Seriously this talk of not getting into Nirvana is a joke, no one would exclude a wiz from Nirvana unless the squad's DD output is ghetto in the first place. Higher-geared squads are more worried about scammers and stupid people than wizards.

b:chuckle last time you saw world chat "Nirvana squad looking for honest wizard . . . . "?
    How may I ask, is a caster supposed to 1 shot a sin who has a skill specifically keeping him from being 1 shot?

psst, they have 2. and if you count undine, its really a 2 shot. and if you count sin going stealth after undine, sin has 3 skills that keep them from being 1 shot. Or if you count both stealths (in case on is in cooldown), they have 4, lol.

hax hax hax
    Every PvE instance? You mean you can't even do a Seat BH? Get out of here. That just means you have no friends.

Small server (had a much easier time on by sanctuary wizard), but took me 3 months to get my SoT culti done, and I was in the biggest faction on my server at the time, ijs
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Let's make this real easy..
    my sin is level 63 right now
    my psy, as you can see, is 81

sin + level TWENTY cleric is enough to handle mobs 10-12 levels HIGHER (gee, that makes my sin able to take on lvl 75 mobs, with a cleric that takes what, 20-30 mins to make?)
    what gear am I running, 3* level 50-ish armors, and T60 daggers (all a ZERO refines)

my Psy? I can handle level 80 mobs, if they don't have poison, but not much else. right now it's undegeared with TT70 gear.

Funny how no one TTs anymore.. (Famine is doing what they can since I joined, I joined at level 79 with TT70 gear after being out of a faction since 71/72)

so what's worse? my psy, or my sin?

even properly geared my psy won't hit much harder. Im on a PvE server, I'm building PvE. Leave PvP for PvP servers and TW. (and those interested in PvP of course) I'm simply not one to care about how much damage I can deal out. oh. and Psy will is still breakable, just have to play to your strengths.

oh, almost forgot.. at level 53 an "unprepaired" level 100 cleric almost got beat by my sin in a duel. (I don't PvP, not at my level)

another edit:
    Originally Posted by Woneo - Harshlands View Post
    There is a Psy on my server named UrDian. He has g16 cube neck, full r9, cloudcharger, 2nd cast nirvy helm, r9 ring, and a cv ring. Everything I listed is +12 with +2 defense stones.

UrDian also owns a Sin. This sin has 2 pairs of +12 daggers, a 2nd cast nirvana pair and an r9 +12 pair of daggers. All of his gears is +10, 4.0 sparked with r9 +12 with attack shards in every socket, while everythhing is 4socketed.

so how much money you think he spent to get that kind of gear?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited April 2011
    Options
    /10 char
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wow you totally missed the point of this thread. This was meant to be a parody of all the 5 aps Q_Q threads.

Hmm, parody.

1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
    2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
    3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
    4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
    5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the mass (parody Mass).
    6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty:

Not musical or humorous - so 1-5 are out.

hmmm, 6 - poor, feeble imitation.

Parody indeed.

Actually a wizard with a good anti-stun genie can put up a very good fight against a skilled BM 1v1.

Also, good claw users do have ~15-20k hp fully buffed, it's just too bad a R9 gush can crit something like 10-14k.

15k, *cough* 1-shot with rank 8, *cough*
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    zzzzzzz, bms/sins are good at both, arguably just not at TW, and BMs can be very good there too, just not with fists/claws.

For the last ****ing time.

Sins are overpowered, stop trying to bring them up as the exception because we all know that sins are overpowered.

As for BMs, in a 1vs1 MAYBE they're decent. Even then any R8 +10 mage will kill them with ease. It's a good thing that R8 is so ra....

"PWE: New general summers sale!"

well, we're boned.

And in mass PvP, if you're lucky you'll get one stun off, a few aoes, maybe even an HF, and then you die.

last time you saw world chat "Nirvana squad looking for honest wizard . . . . "?

First of all, world chat squads are morons. I would never run with a squad from world chat. You aren't missing out.

Second, no one is going to go you of their way to specifically ask you to go to nirvana. That's why YOU have to be proactive and actually try to get a squad going, instead of ******** about 5 aps users on the forums. Hell I have 5 aps with tier 1 nirvana claws and no one really goes out of their way to ask me to go to nirvana. There's a mage on our server named KingLulo that goes to nirvana all the time. Why? Because he's always looking for a squad, making a squad, and PMing anyone that is making a squad. When's the last time you ever asked in your guild chat, "Hey who wants to run nirvana" or asked someone on your freind's list "Want to come to nirvana?" Are you even useful there? Sure you can't DD but you can do other things, but I doubt you try. Do you have a good genie with tangling mire and extreme poison that you can use to keep the boss debuffed? I'm guessing not.

Being a melee class other than a sin in PvP is just asking to get ***** these days. Mages with +10 R8 can gush you for 10k crits even with magic marrow up. If you want to farm make a farming character, but don't expect to be so overpowered in PvP and THEN turn around and be able to PvE well either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So to sum this up.....arcane users are pissed they can't farm money like 5.0 aps users can, but they can pwn in PvP, witht he exception of the sin, which even then, can be a 1-2 shot from a +10 r8/9 mage, given the chance.

So they can pwn in PvP, but that isn't enough for them so they QQ about 5.0 aps users who can insta-kill/solo farm instances.

If you gained 1 mill for every kill, would the wizzys be QQing still?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So to sum this up.....arcane users are pissed they can't farm money like 5.0 aps users can, but they can pwn in PvP, witht he exception of the sin, which even then, can be a 1-2 shot from a +10 r8/9 mage, given the chance.

So they can pwn in PvP, but that isn't enough for them so they QQ about 5.0 aps users who can insta-kill/solo farm instances.

PvP with who? I was one shotted (wizard 101) by barb with nirvana axes. 7K damage so?
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do people really fail so hard they want to pve at endgame?
    Do people really fail that hard to notice that nirvana makes awfull money campared to merchanting?
  • insanez
    insanez Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nerfqq
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do people really fail so hard they want to pve at endgame?
    Do people really fail that hard to notice that nirvana makes awfull money campared to merchanting?

This person knows what he's talking about. Seriously how many people on this game actually has the ******n time to farm heavily? Oh I'm sure a good number of "hardcore" players have already left after lolpack + lolrank sale.

The key to this game is to be easy going, sit in Catshop, and not pop a vein every time you hear "OMG ___ is farming!!!!"

If really no one is taking you to instances, WTF are you doing in game? QQing and standing around? Better QQ while in Catshop.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Let's make this real easy..

sin + level TWENTY cleric is enough to handle mobs 10-12 levels HIGHER (gee, that makes my sin able to take on lvl 75 mobs, with a cleric that takes what, 20-30 mins to make?)
    what gear am I running, 3* level 50-ish armors, and T60 daggers (all a ZERO refines)
    Whats your Point. with this?
    Does it mean that Venos are overpowered, too?
    Since a Veno can easily kill Mobs which are about 20 Levels higher, without Cleric
    or Herc?

Started to level my Water Pet, with grinding Lvl 76 Mobs, when I was lvl 62.
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    roll a 22k hp 15k mdef 15k pdef magic marrowed BM , nothing else to say~ b:chuckle
    those R9 psys or wizzies will tickle u and u will laugh at them b:victory
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A mage with R9 +12 will gush a 15k mdef BM for 5k+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Damn, mages can do miracles with 150mil :O
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5k on 22k hp is nothing b:bye ... like hitting 2k on 10k ... its a tickle GL dropping 22k again after the tick , being stun locked ROFL besides isnt 15k mdef close to the fulll R9 arcanes mdef? so lets say the R9 +12 wizzy is fighting another arcane ... yes an arcane w/ 22k hp :O and stun locks GL.... b:victory BM FTMFW b:dirty
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No, that's with gush, aka one of a mages weakest skills. As in, it's supposed to tickle.

If gush is hitting you for 5k, then just imagine what a sandstorm crit or Blade tempest will do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so ur critting me what? 15k with BT(where i can ToP when i see u casting it,wich i wont tick at all) ... then ill stun u , get my charm CD back if i ticked and u got no chi b:bye
    chances for a mage to kill a BM with 22k hp, 15k and 15k mdef/pdef mdef marrowed are very low.for other classes it really sucks , ull get owned xD
  • XNuclearx - Harshlands
    XNuclearx - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle i Copied it From my own Post but this it is also Relevant here xD

Sins are Overpowered for PVE

Psychic are Overpowered for PVP

the classes they introduced last year ARE OP.This Years Classes i dont think stand a chance (maybe its too early to say).

But Tideborns Destroyed BM/Archers(by Sins as DD) And Wizards who were known for thier Nukes are now Inferior to Psychics.

Some Instances which make them overpowered
    Sins:-
    Never Ending Spark
    Never Ending Stun Lock
    Never Ending Stealth

Sins Can Wear all the Equipments like:-Claws..axes..Blades (But no other class can wear Daggers Since Daggers are OP)
    All other melle Classes Get thier DMG from STR which balances them as they dont get MASSIVE CRITS but Sins on the other hand deal More DMG with DEX.. And get a BONUS SUPER CRIT

Psychic:-(I Agree it requires some Good equips but AFTER its GG)

With ANY LVL EQUIPMENT +12 their SOULFORCE crosses 40000

Meaning:-
    Soul of Vengeance:- Each attack u Do Regardless of ur dmg u are Reflected with physical Dmg of 3200 without even touching u

Soul of Stunning:-LOLS u hit psychic and u get urself STUNNED FOR 8-10 Sec ROFL.

Soul of Silence:-No MAG class can stand it as every hit makes u silenced for 5 sec meaning u are silenced all the time.NO WAY OUT

Soul of Retaliation:-Another OP Skill.U hit Psyc without any consideration of ur DMG u will be Reflected with 20000 physical dmg.IT also reduces the dmg taken by same the amount.

Black Voodoo/White Voodoo
    If u are Rich and R9 these Skills MAKE U INVINCIBLE. Not even a Squad of 6 can kill u they will attack u and die themselfs ROFL.

Well i can go On and On and On..As it hurts that Psychic Have not only taken but Pushed Wizards back T_T

They Seriously need to Do something OR i am also making a Psychic :P
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yep Psychics are too overpowered, i personally cant kill a +10 - +12 R9 psy , unless i spark + will surge and god knows what XD he will have a hard time killing me too ;P it will just be a charm tick fest b:laugh b:angry
  • XNuclearx - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the point is we have to rely on luck that he will be purged/debuffed or somthing but his skills are a sure shot. I mean the 1st hit u do will gift u a 11 sec Stun i think thats enough to Finish a LA class by the HIGHEST DD class in the game xD
  • Shiilune - Dreamweaver
    Shiilune - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No, just no OP.

If you QQ so much go roll a mage class and be happy about your super damage against everyone else.

/end thread.
  • XNuclearx - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @Shiilune:- i am a wizard and my friend is a Psychic so i know whats a OP dmg i have seen the differnce.

Wizards Vs Psychic both R9+12 wizards stand NO CHANCE
  • Shiilune - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @Shiilune:- i am a wizard and my friend is a Psychic so i know whats a OP dmg i have seen the differnce.

Wizards Vs Psychic both R9+12 wizards stand NO CHANCE

I was responding to Rwargh's original post not yours. No doubt Psychic blows us out the water.

I have a APS barb just like he has and for some reason thats unfathomable I am completely opposite of all the QQ'ers.
    QQ 5 APS? (Made a APS barb.)
    QQ caster damage? (Have a wiz for that.)

Point is stop QQ'ing and just join the club. Sheesh...
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Maybe you should take 5 minutes to think before posting. Or just read the several responses I've made. I've stated several times that this thread is not a serious QQ thread, rather made to parody all the 5 aps QQ threads and serve as a counter.

People who decide to jump into a discussion without even knowing the previous arguments and statements should be sent back to kindergarten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tynne - Lost City
    Tynne - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *Made a psychic and got that op **** to 33 in less than an hour*

Btw 1 name..

LuuXun b:shocked
  • Shiilune - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Maybe you should take 5 minutes to think before posting. Or just read the several responses I've made. I've stated several times that this thread is not a serious QQ thread, rather made to parody all the 5 aps QQ threads and serve as a counter.

People who decide to jump into a discussion without even knowing the previous arguments and statements should be sent back to kindergarten.

Well colour me with a crayon then. I am not gonna read thru all 170 replies before mine. If thats the case I apologize.

Still, you taking it personally like that and attacking me on the forum does raise some questions... but enough on that.

Yay 5 APS farming and yay caster class PVP damage.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    First of all, world chat squads are morons. I would never run with a squad from world chat. You aren't missing out.

Second, no one is going to go you of their way to specifically ask you to go to nirvana.

Go play a wiz, then talk. I play a barb now mostly, and trust me. Its waaaaay better in terms of getting squads, regardless of from where.

In fact, you don't even need to play a cleric or a barb to understand that. Simple logic would dictate that that is true.

If you don't get it, well, its says more about you than it does anything else, ijs
    Point is stop QQ'ing and just join the club. Sheesh...
    Whats your Point. with this?
    Does it mean that Venos are overpowered, too?
    Since a Veno can easily kill Mobs which are about 20 Levels higher, without Cleric
    or Herc?

for pve? yes, always have been. Until sins, only class that can really solo pve in this game, which was incredibily advantageous. Everyone else needs a squad to do ****. You get a herc and can solo almost anything in game through lvl 90.

Venos are boring as hell, sure. But second only to sin really imo in terms of being able to play this game solo.

Just because sins are MORE op pve-wise, doesn't mean venos aren't.

Good luck soloing harpy wraith though b:surrender

Most did. Thats why pk areas typically have sins stacked on top of each other. Makes for a boring game, imo. But that is a topic for another day.
    No, that's with gush, aka one of a mages weakest skills. As in, it's supposed to tickle.

If gush is hitting you for 5k, then just imagine what a sandstorm crit or Blade tempest will do.

All a BM has to do is survive the wizards first attacks (domain, ironguard, hell, even tranq orbs (8 seconds should be enough) and when the wiz is out of chi and genie is on cooldown and possibly apoth too, it should be easily and even fight for equally geared and skilled bm.

Just because you don't play a bm (at all or well enough to win) doesn't mean the class is flawed.
  • LeFEMME - Lost City
    LeFEMME - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    insanez wrote: »
    nerfqq

This
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

No QQing from this Wizzy about aps and farming money. b:thanks Thankfully I have my APS BM rl/ig hubby to do all that....b:chuckle

b:kiss Sel b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

All a BM has to do is survive the wizards first attacks (domain, ironguard, hell, even tranq orbs (8 seconds should be enough) and when the wiz is out of chi and genie is on cooldown and possibly apoth too, it should be easily and even fight for equally geared and skilled bm.

Just because you don't play a bm (at all or well enough to win) doesn't mean the class is flawed.

a well geared wizzie will not die in first stun unless the bm procs GS

If GS procs AD otherwise leap out for roar/fortify OI . Bm spends another few seconds runnign after you then more time sealed. If bm OIed then you get another leap before that cools off if bm has it still badge>leap. Bm closes and you get to fortify out of next stun while nukeign away. Then leap away and seal again. Oh and your nukeign the poor bm the entire time

Its at least a minute before the bm can get 2 consecutive stuns on the wizz unless the wizz is 1/2 tarded and actually expels to give the bm a free stunlock or the bm manages to lawbreaker/time bash to badge while all geni antistuns and leaps have cooled off. Its even worse in the air since any holes in lock can be exploited via dropping, and with demon control skill procs ew. In your example the bm just burned all its geni energy while the wizz still has 100% to play with. As for apocs the wizz can just vac pot and 3 spark.

Never ever try to pretend range isnt the single biggest advantage in pvp in this game aside from stealth. Its why archers where the "OP" Pvp class back when 8x was endgame. Its why a single CS wizz/psy can change the entire way a TW is played.

For somone who playes a class that CONSTANTLY cries about sins getting the first hit you should realize how huge of an edge that is. Specificly how huge of an edge that is in a game where thanks to rank 8 and jones bless the first hit is more often than not a damn charm tick.

Not a QQ just how that little scenario actually plays out when the wizzies not an absolute tard who cant time a damn antistun or kite. Bm's take a ton of skill to actually close on a good ranged class because they need to predict antistuns and time for minor openings in cooldowns, whereas kiteing is purely reactive based on stun pattern. Or in other words with equal gear and skill the bm will lose most of the time because it takes more skill to play a bm competently than it does to play a ranged class.

A idealy skilled bm vs an idealy skilled wizz is about even. Anything less is a faceroll for the caster.

I'm saying you suck at your class or have **** gear...most likely both... just in case you hadent caught that by now.
    Gifs are hard to make work here