Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    r9 is the new r8 in terms of how it used to be

Yeah so that only enforces my point, your "easy road" is now.

back then you couldnt cash shop r8 and i was referring to all teh Anni-pack gear. Herpaderp

I wasn't referring to r8, I was referring to r9. Pack openers are more often than not cash shoppers. Thanks for enforcing my point again. Herpaderp.

you could in the first sale. and they will probably do it
    again

But they haven't yet have they? And there's no guarantee. Sell your house, sell your car, charge it all into pwi. Still no medals for you.

Take Trolling 101 from Abysm before talking.

Practice what you preach. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Go Aries go! b:cute
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • TeroT - Dreamweaver
    TeroT - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't think for a second that the real problem would be to fix the glitch...of course they could fix it. And the timing to take them out was just perfect. All this was planned beforehand. Now people are buying chips to get the General Summer's Tokens but no one is able to do a single R9 piece without the Medals...so I figure they will put it in CS but I wouldn't hold my breath them being 25gold. There are a lot of desperate people willing to pay even more just to get their R9 gear.

I was / am planning to go R9 and luckily I only need the ring and the daggers but even for those I would need 8 Medals. Gonna be pretty god damn expensive to go R9...and now even more so.

This is GREED...nothing more...nothing less...and does PWI care about us? They don't give a single thought our way. My only hope now is that since Dragon Points-page isn't working, maybe they are indeed fixing it? I'm afraid that my chances of winning lottery are equad to chances of them fixing the **** they created.
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Go Aries go! b:cute

b:laugh Hai bolls! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Great as if Gold isn't high enough Priced on the Trading market. Well here comes the loud rocket and it's red glare as Gold becomes even more expensive for non Cash players. Guess I'll be fail now that r9 is so far out of my reach. Thank PWI I was just getting to a point where I could start saving up for it.

I have one Question for you......

When will the NON CS Players catch a break here? So far everything has been a boon to CS Players making it rough for those who can't afford to pay for Zen
  • gfbwhe
    gfbwhe Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll just spam this until Frankie feels like elaborating on the subject.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12190652&postcount=16
  • priesteres1
    priesteres1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sad that the game gave into the scammers instead of taking care of them... but what else is new.. not like people didn't send in tickets about them.

As for the chest of coins... what another joke.. Why in thee world would we spend our dq's points on something that is worthless.. We dont want them when we cube it.. getting it on the cube run and dropping it cause it isnt worth the hammer wont make it anymore valuable when we have to spend our dq points on it THEN still but the hammer...

Now letting us get a hammer with points.. that would make the chest more valuable... but what do the players know...

hear hear i so agree .

Why would i wanna buy another chest when u can only open one chest with a hammer and the hammer is still exspensive .More exspensive then the chest wil ever be .I trow chest out when im on lvl 50 its just not worth it .

Besides isent it 500 dq points to get the chest on the vendor list ?why on earth would i spend 500 dq points to get 500 DQ points ?

Just put the hammer on the DQ list and the chest is worth the time u played the game for .
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why not just make medals a coin sink..

all tradeable and need buy for 5-10m flat coins from a npc?
    then neither in dq rewards or boutique.

then i cant see any problems with that.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So is this going to get fixed?

Taking medals away from dq rewards really takes away any means to grind.

EDIT: again...
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lazy people need to shut up and just play the game and stop the QQ.

Show us some endgame content (mr lvl 90 veno), especially for caster classes, and maybe we would.

Oh, thats right, my apologies. I forgot what game this was.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • /Principle - Dreamweaver4
    /Principle - Dreamweaver4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Because the only way the staff knows to make a coin sink is to make it double what the market price is. 50m medals from npc! Yay coinsink!
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

I'm rl getting very mad about this.... it already been more than 24 hours since this fail change, and no news from u guys? said that u will talk with the devs, i wont belive that they ignored u for more than 24 hours? give us some news... tell us what r the options, how and when will this problem get fixed... dont let the ppl who made medals from that bug to get a even BIGGER profit , cuz they r selling the medals for 50mil each atm. PLEASE guys, give us a reply... tell us at last that ur still working on it....b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I didn't read all 50 pages of this thread or whatever it is at to see if someone else said this, but, why dont you find who has the items (im sure there is a search in the database for something like that) then removed all the medal's and refund DQ points to that account. Then make the medal's unstackable, so people will need to rebuy with their DQ points. Just a thought.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    frankieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give us a replyyyyyyyyyyyy, something, anything.... dont let us lose hope!!! D: b:sad

i will start a poll for u guys to vote how long till ill get banned o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peruco - Heavens Tear
    Peruco - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Am i glad that i saved 500 chests of coins 250k dq points woot woot !! now do something with sadness cards i got 800 of those too b:laugh
    /a>
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What was the original reason for not putting them back for sale in the boutique for 25 gold like they originally were? Why does there need to be a "fix" when they were originally released like that? Lol?
    :3
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    because putting the medals on sale same time removing them from the dq reward list would have cause the same rage.

i could think of that this was/is the original plan of the pwi marketing.
    take out medals completely for a week, letting the market dry out until people beg for a sale, then putting the sale up.

way too obvious.

question is if the now on going rage forces them to bring the medals back to the dq reward system.
    a pack sale is going on and there is almost no pack spam in the system chat. like many refuse to charge zen lol.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

It is hard to implement a coin sink in F2P game, only high demand item in the NPC will actually sink coins, but high demand items means money (real money) for the company. when they put high demand items into NPC, it basically mean they are buying back ingame coins with with real money, which will never happen. you can argue medal was in the DQ reward not CS, but I personally can not believe they remove the medal because it can be made tradable. I will only believe that when they can find a way to put medal back to game instead CS. we will see.

frankieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give us a replyyyyyyyyyyyy, something, anything.... dont let us lose hope!!! D: b:sad

i will start a poll for u guys to vote how long till ill get banned o.o

No need for a replay. remember what happen when they first start to sell packs. eventually all player will just accept the fact and move on.
  • Lighton - Sanctuary
    Lighton - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

i dont know what wrong with you marketing ppl in PWI, but if some players make medals tradeble, you must find how and fixt it and punish those players who are criminals way trading untradble stuff, not de whole groep players who,r working hart to get DG items for medals and R9 gear,
    anyway its sounds very unprofesionl to me, you cannot fixt it other way, than just remove most wanted item from the list, its too simple and unbeliveble
    I think you just want get it back in Boutique, and get your own profit from such wanted item like Medal of glory/
    this way is no glory anymore, just pure very bad management in PWI
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Damn Give Me Back The Money I Spent On Dqs U Thieves!! How Can U Do This To All The Ppl That Farmed Their Own Dqs For Several Months ?!? And Plus Without A Valid Advanced Notice.
    It's Ok If U Are Greedy But Don't Forget To Show Respect For Us Players
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i dont know what wrong with you marketing ppl in PWI, but if some players make medals tradeble, you must find how and fixt it and punish those players who are criminals way trading untradble stuff, not de whole groep players who,r working hart to get DG items for medals and R9 gear,
    anyway its sounds very unprofesionl to me, you cannot fixt it other way, than just remove most wanted item from the list, its too simple and unbeliveble
    I think you just want get it back in Boutique, and get your own profit from such wanted item like Medal of glory/
    this way is no glory anymore, just pure very bad management in PWI

stupid unfair morons. BANN ME ALLREADY fkn pwi. all u can do is ignore our replys , treating us as we r reta.rds . FFS why the hell did u guys made this fkn forums? JUST SO U CAN GIVE US THE IMPRESION THAT U ACTUALLY CARE? when u obviously dont. IT'S A UNFAIR GAME WITH STUPID PPL RUNING IT.

-mad cuz i already gambled half my money i was keeping for r9, got nothing ofc, gonna keep going untill i lose all then quit- b:angry b:angry b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    '

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.'

but there are some players who depended on those maligned Chests as the only way to have a million coins in hand, if we needed to buy something in a hurry on the AH. not everyone is as successful as others at grinding, or-more importantly-have the time to do so. so to have had them taken out of the game was a disaster to us, and this will make things even harder.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear
    BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    '

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.'

but there are some players who depended on those maligned Chests as the only way to have a million coins in hand, if we needed to buy something in a hurry on the AH. not everyone is as successful as others at grinding, or-more importantly-have the time to do so. so to have had them taken out of the game was a disaster to us, and this will make things even harder.

u made me LOL so FREAKING HARD, ur gonna waste 5m to gain 1m.
    /uninstall pl0x

if u want these "maligned chests"
    ill sell you 97 at 800k ea, seeing as u profit from them
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

...what is this i don't even... b:shocked

(you can't GET a million coins out of the chest of coins! not on net. not without spending resources that would, much more easily and quickly, gain you much more than one million coins --- all without even touching the damn chest! and grinding's nothing to do with it --- the iron hammers don't grow on in-game trees, you have to either grind insanely or cashshop mildly to get one; but if you do EITHER ONE of those things, getting a million coin is trivial without ever even seeing a chest of coins... i never have had one, and i've got a couple mil to spare already!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dear Pwe...u Said That Medals Should Have Been Untradeable But Ok ,as We Notice, U Are Not Good Enough To Modify Some Code Strings To Make It .....
    Do U Realize That U Are Ruining The Market?! Ppl Were Trading Medals Even If They Seem To Not Be Allowed To And Now That Ppl Will Get Hundreds Million Coins By Selling Those Medals That They Got.... So .... The Poor And Fair Ppl Will Be Fvked Even More , Not Only Because We Can't Get The Gears But Plus The Fact That Those Ppl Who Caused All This ( Even If Is Only Ur Fault Pwe..) Will Get Even Richer !! If I Knew That All This **** Was Going To Happen I Would Have Get 1000 Medals !! Wth!!
    Wake Up Pwe!!!
    edited April 2011
    Options
    stupid unfair morons. BANN ME ALLREADY fkn pwi. all u can do is ignore our replys , treating us as we r reta.rds . FFS why the hell did u guys made this fkn forums? JUST SO U CAN GIVE US THE IMPRESION THAT U ACTUALLY CARE? when u obviously dont. IT'S A UNFAIR GAME WITH STUPID PPL RUNING IT.

-mad cuz i already gambled half my money i was keeping for r9, got nothing ofc, gonna keep going untill i lose all then quit- b:angry b:angry b:angry

FUZZYYY U FORGOT TO REMOVE THIS ONE D; b:laugh i rl hope u cant tho <3 , let frankie do ittttttttttt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dear Pwe...u Said That Medals Should Have Been Untradeable But Ok ,as We Notice, U Are Not Good Enough To Modify Some Code Strings To Make It .....
    Do U Realize That U Are Ruining The Market?! Ppl Were Trading Medals Even If They Seem To Not Be Allowed To And Now That Ppl Will Get Hundreds Million Coins By Selling Those Medals That They Got.... So .... The Poor And Fair Ppl Will Be Fvked Even More , Not Only Because We Can't Get The Gears But Plus The Fact That Those Ppl Who Caused All This ( Even If Is Only Ur Fault Pwe..) Will Get Even Richer !! If I Knew That All This **** Was Going To Happen I Would Have Get 1000 Medals !! Wth!!
    Wake Up Pwe!!!

I wrote this already. It's not about exploiting medals. They just realize, they loosing so much money, so they removed it. They are just too greedy.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wrote this already. It's not about exploiting medals. They just realize, they loosing so much money, so they removed it. They are just too greedy.

Explain how they are losing money.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Explain how they are losing money.
    Easy. The decides to put medals in Cash shop. It's just question of time.
    Because the saw, how many people wants Rank 9 so why don't take this opportunity and don't earn on it?
  • HealPot - Heavens Tear
    HealPot - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    wow 52 pages D:
    Nub Nub Cleric
    b:chuckle b:cute
This discussion has been closed.