Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ok, then put at least something worth to DQ rewards, because what is now there is TOTALLY useless.

yes cause no one uses charms for tw or anything like that why would anyone want to get event gold with the DQ points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You still have dyes, makeover scrolls and Sage/Demon Cards, which I think are pretty useful nonetheless for a large majority.

Especially Sage/Demon Cards.

I just wonder what sort of compensation they will add.....Scroll of Tomes? plzkthx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You still have dyes, makeover scrolls and Sage/Demon Cards, which I think are pretty useful nonetheless for a large majority.

Especially Sage/Demon Cards.

I just wonder what sort of compensation they will add.....Scroll of Tomes? plzkthx.

^ this made me lol cause i was just joking around with my fiance about this lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think some of us do get it. I'm sure it a real political fiascal. prolly sombody plays chinese version and this one. narked us off, Qq'ed over there and cause a whole political deal.

Whither medal come back or not .. the money in the game is completly out of whack. it's nearly unplayable.

Example TT80 Hook and Thorn Selling for 18m with modest refines.

I mean there is like 3m worth of mats in them. but TT has been so bad people would rather pay the 18m then try and farm the few measly mats it takes.

That said to make this point.

18m for a lvl 80 weapon is a lot of @!#$!@4 DQ's, cant they adjust the value of the dq's or make a static gold drop on mobs or some dame thing to catch us up with inflation?

Medals in a way did that. and least for some of us that is the REAL issue. They inflated the value of dq's to make buying somthing halfway realistic.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think some of us do get it. I'm sure it a real political fiascal. prolly sombody plays chinese version and this one. narked us off, Qq'ed over there and cause a whole political deal.

Whither medal come back or not .. the money in the game is completly out of whack. it's nearly unplayable.

Example TT80 Hook and Thorn Selling for 18m with modest refines.

I mean there is like 3m worth of mats in them. but TT has been so bad people would rather pay the 18m then try and farm the few measly mats it takes.

That said to make this point.

18m for a lvl 80 weapon is a lot of @!#$!@4 DQ's, cant they adjust the value of the dq's or make a static gold drop on mobs or some dame thing to catch us up with inflation?

Medals in a way did that. and least for some of us that is the REAL issue. They inflated the value of dq's to make buying somthing halfway realistic.

who the **** is stupid enough to pay 18 mil for hook and thorn?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    who the **** is stupid enough to pay 18 mil for hook and thorn?

On HT I looked last night there were over 5 sets of them in there for over 10m per set, none lower then 10m. exacly my point who would pay. who CAN pay that?
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thing is some ppl are cash shoper enough to fund entire pwi serves by their own pocket o.o

example in Lost City Shin.... ends with zoko o.o he +10 or was +12? lotsa bows,opened crack amount of packs, and etc.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    On HT I looked last night there were over 5 sets of them in there for over 10m per set, none lower then 10m. exacly my point who would pay. who CAN pay that?

again they are in the ah but they arent selling obviously =pb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Update (4-8-2011)
    [Quoted for linkback]

This probably won't be read, but I feel it has to be said.
    CHINA SHOULD NOT BE DETERMINING PWI'S GAMEPLAY STANDARDS.

It's been shown time and time again that the state of their servers in Beijing and ours here in America are very different, from both an economic and from a cultural standpoint. Now I do understand that as the parent company and actual developers reside there, they have the privilege of determining PWI's direction. That said, they need to get it through their thick skulls that what works over doesn't necessarily work here - they need to back off and re-evaluate their approach.

To be fair, I'm indifferent trending towards agreeing with the removal, since R9 is absurdly powerful and should never have been made so available with the General Summer's Sale of several months back - something I've referred to as pretty much the final nail in the coffin for this game anyhow. My point being, PWE's decisions via sales (the only factor they seem to have any real control over) have done more than enough damage in the last couple years - having Beijing Corporate jerking them around by the strings isn't going to improve things in the slightest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thing is China devs are so lazy to make a patch of each version of pwi per separate so they just make one for their version and implement on all.
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this would explain why they are not in the botique.

No they arn't in the boutique because there would be A LOT more complaining if it was removed from the DQ list and added to the boutique. It would just look like they did it on purpose to make us spend more money. They will wait a week or 2 before added them to the boutique saying "We know you guys want to obtain rank 9, and it was unfortunate that we had to remove them from the DQ rewards, so we are adding Medal's back to the Cashshop so you can get your rank9"
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

So you asshats have a r9 sale and have no intension of even giving us medals in the boutique? Then on top of that, you tell us devs pretty much agree 1 per TW faction.....so now 100s of us sit with our general summer tokens that are worthless?

Oh you better figure something out quick before you get even more rage then you have now. Yes a lot of medals got sold and made tradable but those were quickly taken out of the playerbase by getting r9......so now what we all sit with a total of about 50 medals on the whole server while you let every click away at getting r9 chips awhile?

So far you guys are being completely and utter morons over this one. b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    chipboy wrote: »
    No they arn't in the boutique because there would be A LOT more complaining if it was removed from the DQ list and added to the boutique. It would just look like they did it on purpose to make us spend more money. They will wait a week or 2 before added them to the boutique saying "We know you guys want to obtain rank 9, and it was unfortunate that we had to remove them from the DQ rewards, so we are adding Medal's back to the Cashshop so you can get your rank9"

if the cn said it was too easy to obtain them through the DQ Rewards then they would not allow them to go into the cs either think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Elesir - Heavens Tear
    Elesir - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

First of all: Why does it take 54 pages of raging complaints to get a reply out of you?
    Second: You still haven't told us how the heck are we going to get R9 medals. There are a lot of us waiting to see when and how we can continue to work/pay for our gear at high level. As an archer I can't really do Nirvana because nobody wants archers in nirvana. I don't have 5.0 APS. So my only option for having decent gear at this level is R9.

When it first came out, with the Badges and Cips in boutique and Medals in DQ Vendor list I thought. What an awesome idea. It makes us pay, yes, but at the same time keeps us motivated to work/grind and get the other half of the puzzle. I came back to the game with enthusiasm and worked my *** off for months to get my first 2 pieces of R9 equipment.

At this point, me and a lot of other players are waiting, I've spent thousands of dollars on this game over the last 2+ years. I bought tons of mystical chips to make gear, but now I'm waiting and not spending any money. The longer you guys wait to put the medals back in DQ the more money you lose. I'm certainly NOT going to spend money on medals if you put it in boutique after having it available for DQ points. That would be a cheap bait and switch technique that would make me and many other players very disgusted with the whole game and quit!

Ponder that for a bit.
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So thanks for the answer Frankie.

so for the next question: How r u going to solve the disbalance between those who had a chance to gain Rank 9 already and the rest?
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

Pardon my French, but your bosses are quite possibly the most ******** ******* nut****s that I've ever not-met in my life. And the fact they actually expect most people to BELIEVE that load of bull**** is insulting. >________________>
  • wolfiest
    wolfiest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So are the people that spent money to get general summer badges and rep going to get reembursed??

What is the point of getting them if it is absolutley IMPOSSIBLE TO GET R9 GEAR!!!

All players should be treated equally and it was PWI's **** up so leave it be and learn for the future with Rank 10 Gear.
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    but...reputation or mysterious chips are not so easy to obtain in the chinese version either...or am i wrong? like here...where they are simply put into the boutique...floating in thousands and millions on the servers. when it is just about the accessability...shouldn't be reputation and chips ...uhm disapear from the sales? no

uhm whoever made you post this statement, dear gm, you should tell him to take a further training.
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

thank you for the reply frankie, finally b:shutup
    i'm still w8ng for those medals... hope that w/e u guys come out it with be as easily to get as it was for the players who had the chance to get em thru dq. so unfair.... im rl hoping this will be fix in a few days... i want ma r9 b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So, gee....thanks PWI.
    I've been saving DQ's ever since medals came out, and now you've removed them. Do you know how kickass my Psychic was going to be in PvP? The thought makes me shudder how scary people like urDian and Hypnos are in their Rank...now I have to beg and plead some prominent faction to let me in so I can have the hope of getting a medal or save up a billion skillion coins to buy it off some rich jerk who's in it for the profit.

I'm never spending money on this game ever again. You don't listen to your playerbase, you **** them off with your constant pack spammage, you've made this game so unbalanced it's as bad as W0rld of Rougecraft now, but worse! You've given Cash Shoppers such an advantage over everybody else, that what's the point anymore? And now, the only hope the farmers and people who worked for their stuff, you've now removed from the place where it can be accessed!

You guys, I swear. You're not getting any of my money. Bad product = bad turnout.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

If our posts are indeed being read, you'd note that it is not controversial on the forum, 95% of people want medals of glory to be reinstated back into the DQ shop.

Now we're a step closer to the real reason (after you realised we saw past your initial flimsy economy damaging reason) as to why they were removed, developers don't want us to have easy access. So its wrong that if we work for them, we can obtain them through non-TW ways? What about all those people who already got their R9 that way? What about people who already invested in DQ points and general summers tokens solely for the purposes of obtaining medals of glory and R9?

Adding two ultra-rare items to the DQ shop does in no way negate the issue that those of us who have general summers tokens or who are working to obtain R9 will be unfairly disadvantaged compared to those who have already obtained R9.

You say its a controversial issue in the company, but the rest of your post points to that medals of glory will not be reinstated into the DQ shop. In that case, just give us a straight answer, will medals of glory be available in another avenue, if yes, where and when?

Its funny that the developers are concerned about the 'easy' accessibility of medals of glory, yet have no problem putting mysterious chips in bulk buy on sale in the boutique (clearly for the purposes of R9), without giving any information about how medals of glory will now be obtained.

An experiment does not give you the right to do whatever the hell you like without warning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Frankie himself is far from being innocent, to be fair. He's deliberately misled, ignored and even tried to deflect information away, and in some cases, flat out lied. He's also unresponsive/highly elusive and doesn't engage the community at all.

Spoons was fired for being human, frankie replaced him because he's a robot.

Tired of being treated like an idiot and being fed BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can't we compromise and just say make medals a BH1 for 100+ a reward? That keeps them semi-available for ppl that don't cash shop 100% and frankie that will give you a way to make them available through "farming" but control the amount on the servers.

annnnnnnndddddddddddd go.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

Honestly, hate to say it but I dont see what the big problem is. IMO I think everything obtained in DQ reward should be tradeable from the start, I mean wasnt that the whole point with "a system ingame where DQs worth goes up again because we decreaed chance of drop". DQ system isnt easy to obtain, you farm and farm and farm insted of klick once on at bontique and get it in the next 5 sec. I believe the issue has nothing to do with DQ system, its that the company itself doesnt benefit from people getting stuff ingame.

You say china doesnt have that? well China doesnt have rep sale that is cheaper then getting TT99 so why should we suffer from Chinas problems? Theres alot of unhappy players right now and they will remain unhappy until the DQ system returns to its regular form and to prevent the whole glitch, why not just make everything tradeable. Whats the difference between being able to sell DQ but not the items made by DQ?

57 pages so far and increasing fast, that should say something. The system was good before, but now its broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elesir - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

FrankieRaye

OK let me address those two ideas.

First: "Too easy to acquire"? Who are you kidding? I've busted my a$$ grinding for those darn DQ points. Have you guys ever try to go shoot enough mobs for 20,000 DQ points? I did, I ground for months and I got over 140K worth of DQ points. Why should my work go to waste?

Second: How concerned are the devs about R9 medals being sent in the mail when the whole purpose of having a rep badge and mysterious chip pack sale is to get people to make R9 gear? How stoopid do you people think we are? So the devs don't want to make money? Or is it rather that that large number of medals being sent in the mail was viewed as a possible revenue source???

Well... let me tell you this: Taking medals out of DQ was a baad idea. If they show up in boutique a lot of people are going to quit in disgust. How can you take a good, money making idea and **** it up out of greed?

Also, I'm a computer programmer and I know object oriented programming. The stackable property of the medals should be no more than a boolean (1 or 0) parameter of a code object. Switch it from 1 to 0 and it's fixed. It's that simple!. So no, we won't take any B.S. reasoning thrown at us and call it good without questioning.

P.S. I'm not mad at the GMs. They are but messengers of the decision makers in the company. I just hope the GMs do their job to represent the player base and that they're being listened to by the decision makers.
  • AdrianaP - Raging Tide
    AdrianaP - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so like...lemme c if i got this right..u say that r9 is too easy to get?...well duh its not cause of the medals being in the DQ page (well were) its cause of the 3 rank sales in such short time

I mean u gave the players an opportunity to work for their gear and many of them worked their asses off to save up coins and DQ points to get it eventually, but now its just taken away... WTG pwi really now >>

also u should realize how many players would quit if its not put back to its original state..just a hint:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW.

So you have no problem to make the rep/chips easily attainable through rep/chip sales in the CashShop, but having the Metals attainable for Non-CS players is suddenly a problem? Does PW-CN have rep/chip sales?
    I am sorry, but what you're doing is scamming people. People that worked hard for a chance to get gear with which they can compete, now this chance is being taken away from them. Probably AFTER they already bought enough Chips or Rep to get R9. Way to make people quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them
    FrankieRaye

The truth finally comes out. It was all about making money on the medals. When can we expect them for sale in the boutique? They better be 50% off after all this bllsht we had to go thru and btw stick my DQ points up your dev teams ***
  • fataldevastation
    fataldevastation Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12826241

Sounds like severe bull. For 1 the medals was yanked out so fast but its taking a lifetime to decide what rare stuff we get in place... and PWI rare will probably is a **** mount or aero (lil above base npc speed) something not of any significant value. R9 easily attainable....if u drop a buttload of cash yeah. For the others as u can see in the posts we took a very long time to acquire enough dq points to get medals for maybe 1 piece of R9 but wait there is also the part where we need the rep and the tokens. I had to grind to get all my dq points just needed rep and tokens for my 1st piece and they go bye bye b4 i get em. I will be winding down my PWI play til its a thing of the past ...pwi will never see another penny from me. !@#* u very much PWI

For once PWI be straight and let the players know the truth, that your just trying to Capitalize on the R9 costs.
  • Elesir - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The truth finally comes out. It was all about making money on the medals. When can we expect them for sale in the boutique? They better be 50% off after all this bllsht we had to go thru and btw stick my DQ points up your dev teams ***

Yes! I like that last part!
This discussion has been closed.