is 5ap being removed?

Comments

• Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010

So far no one has come up with a sensible solution to address the balance in one (PvE) while keeping the balance in another (PvP) . Calls for just " Remove 5aps " without offering a viable solution to maintain balance in all sections just comes over as QQ wether intended or not.

Who was it, Quiele or somebody, suggested changing bosses so they pace around in the fight, or bosses that spawn a bunch of little mobs that have to be killed off, or even letting ranged attacks do full power on ? bosses, so that range and aoe are better represented in instances. You could also nerf bosses' elemental resistances, so magic does better on them. Any one or all of them would help some with PvE balance.

Honestly, it seems like this game is an attempt to make money by making various classes OP in sequence. We start out with Venos and Wizzies being OP, venos were OP in PvE, and wizzies were OP in PvP. They weren't really very OP, but enough that many people spent some money to get a farming veno alt, and a pvping wiz alt. For them to be really OP, the operator had to know what he/she was doing. Then came packs, event gear, and the RT expansion, and now BMs and Sins are OP. BMs are OP in PvE now, much more so than venos were, and Sins are sort of OP in PvP, as long as it's 1v1, and are a bit OP in PvE for the same reason as BMs, though from what I understand, BMs are better due to better hp, resistances and tanking ability. Wizzies and venos are still quite good, but nowhere near as good. Wizzies can't match sins in 1v1 if everything is equal, almost nobody can really, and TW are apparently no longer worth it enough to build up a powerful wiz. So now people are spending more money to get a -int BM and/or sin.

The question now before us is which classes are next to be buffed to OPness in both PvE and PvP. Clearly, it will involve one of the new classes to be introduced in the expansion. After all, that's the point of making certain classes OP for certain aspects of the game, to get people to dump money into the new OPed class. The only hope we casters can have is that whatever else comes along with these new classes works for us the same way that -int has worked for BMs, archers and Barbs in boosting their PvE effectiveness. A new party buff for those new classes, pot or genie skill that eliminates or reduces casting time (as opposed to channeling time) could, combined with all that expensive -chan gear, make casters godly in PvE, as well as PvP, depending on how long the effect lasts and cooldowns. There is some reason for hope as the next class to be OPed is likely going to be magic based, since -int is melee based, and the company will want to make people buy new stuff rather than transfer stuff they've already got over to new characters.

But I can guarantee you that the next expansion will break the game again, probably in favor of casters, and yet, people will keep on playing. So Tsubakey, you might want to be careful qqing about instant cast wizzies in response to qqing about aps. Cause if I'm right, we're gonna start seeing casters able to fire off skills in a macro at 3.33/sec.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    for a 5 aps BM you need to take presicious seconds to switch to a different weapon, more precious seconds to cast the skill and stun the target, and more precious seconds to switch back weapons. thats like 20+ hits that you missed just to stun once. you will do more dmg to just keep atking.

a sin also wastes time to stun a target when they are better off just atking, altho they have it easier then a BM i guess.

and long channeling time? or essential sutra and -chan gear?
    In 20 hits I'm already death. So? Did you ever play mage? Sutra last just 5s because 1s is animation. You need 2!!! sparks for it. You can launch just 3 weak spells. It can be easily interrupted by anything. stunts,sleep,seal etc. You cannot add it to combo so you have to click on sutra and spells manually so you loosing time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wizzies and venos are still quite good, but nowhere near as good. Wizzies can't match sins in 1v1 if everything is equal, almost nobody can really,

Well Sins are a whole differant kettle of fish ( pun intended ) in that it's their skills (stealth being the main one ) rather than their high aps that make them very good.

And Wizzies are still very very good endgame and still extremly hard to beat if the user knows how to play them well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well Sins are a whole differant kettle of fish ( pun intended ) in that it's their skills (stealth being the main one ) rather than their high aps that make them very good.

And Wizzies are still very very good endgame and still extremly hard to beat if the user knows how to play them well.

No doubt, wizzies are very very good in PvP. I would say OP, but only in the sorts of mass PvP that involves multiple enemies that bunch up, so TW. And since mirages are now the reward for TW, it's hard to justify the expense of building those OP wizzies. Sins at least are good at PvE too, so it's easier to justify spending a ton to build an OP sin.

Ijs, cash shop games make their money by breaking their game's balance, then breaking it again so the balance is different, then again, and again and again, making people spend money to level new classes and buy new gear for the next OP class. Existing classes often benefit from the new OP classes and gear, the way BMs, and to a lesser extent, archers and barbs have from -int, and bloodpaint. There is every reason to believe that the next classes to be broken OP in the next expansion are casters.
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    5aps will stay as is. No 5aps isn't overpowered in PVP since they have to basically have to be right next to you and make sure you can't move. Plenty of ways to counter that initially. The problem is what after and it should be that way so eventually at least one player dies.

Wizards are able to deal with a 5.0 bm at endgame 1vs1. I don't see a real reason for the qq other then the PVE side of it but there wasn't any real good suggestions to fix it without it affecting the PVP side except the mob idea. I do just fine vs a BM. I lose some and I win some but in no way do I feel underpowered/gimped vs BM. Below vids of a wizard successfully beating a aps bm 1vs1 and vice versa maybe you guys will learn something of use. That wizard isn't CS'd out your mind either.

http://www.youtube.com/user/D2VeT#p/a/u/1/-81Z1iwmmx4

http://www.youtube.com/user/D2VeT#p/a/u/0/6O3pndlNAhE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And another person that completely understands!

In-game, the only real imbalance with -interval is against bosses. Against normal mobs, mages, archers and psychics are far OP compared to interval users, one just needs to look at Celestial Tiger contribution right after the first stage to see the proof. In fact, at the end of the event, magic classes can score nearly the same contribution as -interval users. The Celestial Tiger event doesn't heavily favor them over other classes as it did in the Neinbeast event.

And all this "nerf 5aps" bull has gone on enough. It's not going to change. Try to come up with a solution and we can discuss it or keep crying like a baby without offering anything more than "nerf nerf nerf" and you'll just look like idiots.
    What do you mean? You do acknowledge yourself 5aps is only imbalanced against bosses. So I just wonder why do you have a problem with removing -interval and making it like +% attacks per second, to scale like axes scale now (just an example, tweaking may be needed!).

I mean seriously. This isn't a case of the non -int people being bad, it's the -int people being too good for certain things.
    Look... you are by no way a decent wiz by my standards... so don't act like that anything worth while. I got taken down by sins... but I also have no problem taking down sins. Just cause you can't do jack **** againt sins... doesn't mean other people is in the same boat as you. Get out of your little bubble and stop fighting against +4/5 people... and assuming thats the norm. There is +10/12 people out there that'll trample you without any effort.
    Why do you even post to embarass yourself even more? We are talking about balance here. Of course I'm going to get killed by +12.. you are going to get wiped by the full +12 sin on this server (nirvana dags w/ zerk and -int, rank8 top, his gear is like the perfect 5aps). And you justify gear for balance? That actually proves my point lol.

If you do say that sin is overpowered, as in the class itself, because of his gears, then I just don't know what to say. Am I OP because I kill lvl1 people in 1 shot. Legit argument?
    damn you either suck hella bad as a wizard or you are a major troll. deaden nerves? GG it takes 2 hits now instead of one from instant cast wizies. big ****ing deal.

btw borsuc, its a common fact that you are one of the top QQers and ***** moaners on these forums. there is no question about that.
    Yes I'm quite vocal about issues. But what I see worse is the common fact that you just copy paste the same argument while having no substance and using ad hominem, thinking it makes you look better?

Is pretty hard to use 2 hits because their charm will tick. And you know, BIDS and BT costs chi and have cooldown, and take a while to channel. Unless the sin is a total noob, you think he'll just stay there while you finish him off? We do have a sleep, but that's for our first hit. It has 2 min cooldown. You think you have long cooldowns? Think again.
    it becomes so damn obvious now borsuc. you want to nerf stealth so that you can see the sins and thus 1 hit them from a distance before they even touch you. oh w8 my bad, 2 hits cuz of dead nerves *rolls eyes*, nerf aps so wizzards can take more hits while they get there instant cast skills off. nerf nyxes so that you you can instead tank the venoes **** magic damage and one hit them to. and the list just keeps going on and on.
    You just don't know when to stop do you? You just keep dragging the same over and over. I'm just wondering if you will ever stop adding the "nerf nyxes" or "nerf X" or "nerf Y" when it's all in your head and nobody said that in this thread except you. Is it so hard for you to realize that we don't care?

This isn't a thread about nixes, in case you have missed it. It's not "all or nothing", this one is about 5aps or -interval that makes it happen.

And btw you have a teleport skill that reaches further than my spells -- can't really 1-shot you before you stun me, can't even hit, but I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't even leveled that skill.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You just have no clue what makes a class.

Not all of our skills are DPH, Jesus freaking Christ. Wizard is not just about nukes. Many of our basic DPS skills are very similar to a psychic, which has way less DPH (except the lvl100 Stone Smasher skill). You just don't get it do you? The DPH spells already suffer from extremely long channeling. Or are you one of those who uses glacial snare and sandstorm for DPS?

There is no magic class without a DPS spell like Gush/Cyclone/Aqua Impact, because it's just fundamental. It is not a DPH spell, or are you saying clerics have DPH on cyclone? lol.

Did you know Cyclone is identical to Gush? Aqua Impact being actuallly slightly weaker?

Maybe not lying but just pulling it out without concrete data and repeatability. "Happened once" or "I think I saw a 400k hit from a wiz in Nirvana" doesn't cut it...

So your definition of DPS is a skill that is considered "basic" and "fundamental",
    and your definition of DPH is a skill that is considered "nuke"....?

Lol. Ohai Raging Tide. Sorry I tried to argue with you. It was a waste of time. b:bye
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    No. I'm just saying that we have:

1) our basic DPS skills -- fundamental for all magic classes because every freaking magic class has one or more.
    2) our DPH skills -- which are specific to a wizard. Sandstorm, the 2-spark nukes, etc etc.

Now you say that (2) balances out due to range, but you completely forget that it's not about range, it's about their slow-*** channeling. It is about wizards, while I am talking about DPS for magic classes in general.

Why are you singling out wizard DPH on the issue which clearly covers a lot more ground? You can't say range is balanced with DPH -- it's the DPH spells themselves that balance out due to their slow channeling. As far as I know all magic classes, wizards, clerics, venos, psychics, have the "Range", yet not all of them have the DPH skills... clearly this 'range' has nothing to do with compensating for DPH, those are just wizard spells.

and they are already disadvantage for having DPH... that is why nobody uses sandstorm for DPS, because it's too slow.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You're saying there is a correlation between DPH and channel time, I'm going to call bull**** on that. There is such a correlation within a single class' skill set, but not across classes. Wizard and cleric skills have very similar channel times, yet wizard skills usually do 100% more weapon damage than their cleric counterparts. How do you explain that?

How about archer skills? 2.5s chan for Thunderous Blast, not even weapon damage. Base + 3354.4 wooohoo!

Where is my 300% weapon damage for the 2.5s chan?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    ?

I just said that those are wizard specific. Only 2 cleric spells have 100% less weapon damage and that's for their role as healers instead of DDs (they have much better heals!). It doesn't change the fact that those are their DPH spells, and have long channeling. Sure they are weaker than a wizards', but then again, so is our heal weaker than theirs. And our debuffs.

Put it another way, instead of saying wizard and sandstorm, as a cleric you're not using Wield Thunder for DPS, because it's a DPH spell, since it suffers from long channeling.

All the basic DPS spells are the same and basically reflect the "DPS" of magic in general, or the magic weapons'.

And well for archers it's different since they are totally different classes (physical) with different weapons (and different formulas for base attack).
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I dont think you understand what balance is tbh.

You have the High Dmg and range to kill people before they get to you , If a high aps ( not using stealth thats a differant topic ) survives to get in melee they should have a good chance to kill you
    Range have the edge at erm range while melee have the edge up in ya face << that is balance.

You seem to want High dmg hits, range AND the advantage in melee .. That isnt balance by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes, all they do is hear the term 5aps or interval and they go into some sort of crazed state of manac-depressive inferiority complex and focus on the one real good thing BMs can do, wish it were gone and wish they had dps like that without having to face any of the shortcomings of being a melee class.

When I asked borsuc what he would trade to have similar ranged DPS to an interval bm (as if that wouldn't completely break the game, wizards are strong enough at end-game), I suggested a long range ulti for compensation... his response?
    Ok as long as I get awesome control skills, anti-stun, plenty of HP and able to stunlock indefinitely... then yeah.

I just lol'd. Forrest Gump had a great quote that suits, and it wasn't about a box of chocolates. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    But I didn't ask for more DPS for magic classes, I asked for less DPS for -int users.
    edited October 2010
    But I didn't ask for more DPS for magic classes, I asked for less DPS for -int users.

And -interval and attack speed aren't going to change. -interval was deliberately made easy with packs. The addition of Nirvana pants giving -interval even shows that they wanted to increase, not decrease it. PW-CN suggested they were thinking about nerfing demon spark attack speed increase, they quickly changed their mind and apologized for even suggesting it.

So, with all that information as FACT. All you are doing is crying.

b:bye
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    this thread is still going on -roll eyes- *goes back to farming last interval for 5 aps*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wizards are indeed broken at end-game on PvP servers. Lost City is an ocean of 101+ assassins with crazy gear these days. 'Sins absolutely destroy robed classes, there is nothing any wizard can do to survive even a single sin attack.

BMs seem more balanced. We can see a BM coming, and prepare for it. If the BM reaches us, we die. But at least we have a chance.

When a sin pops out of stealth and casts the insta-stun, we're already dead. There's no preparation, no ability to kite, no chance to survive.

EDIT: I'm gonna post 2 suggestions in the Suggestions forum to help deal with this imbalance:

1. Wizards need some kind of damage reflect skill, something similar to Soul of Vengeance.
    2. Wizards should be able to cast an AoE without targeting anything but themselves. Why do I need to target a mob to cast Dragon's Breath when the spell is centered on my toon?
    edited October 2010
    2. Wizards should be able to cast an AoE without targeting anything but themselves. Why do I need to target a mob to cast Dragon's Breath when the spell is centered on my toon?

Yeah, that's already been discusses and I agree, AoE's shouldn't need a target. I can grab an ax and spin around in a circle IRL without needing a target. I would just hope nobody would actually see me do that, or I might be a target for the men in a little white van. lol
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, that's already been discusses and I agree, AoE's shouldn't need a target. I can grab an ax and spin around in a circle IRL without needing a target. I would just hope nobody would actually see me do that, or I might be a target for the men in a little white van. lol

That's all? I can summon multiple bolts of lighting to crash down to the ground irl :O
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Dude you don't even know end-game sins (99+) unless you say you can beat sins that level, then you, good sir, are fighting noobs.

You can show some vids like Adroit did, he has some trouble beating sins (but he does, it's close though) and let us judge the sin's skill and yours? b:bye

Oh also Tsubakey learn to use Deaden Nerves first then talk about one-shotting sins... b:bye

i actually have alot of experience with end-game sins and again as i said they are easy to kill but i die quickly allso. YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO PLAY A WIZARD to even come close to killing a sin. go learn to be a wizard and stop complaining.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    dude that hurt my eyes dont do that no more
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh look it's this thread. Again.
    edited October 2010
    That's all? I can summon multiple bolts of lighting to crash down to the ground irl :O

Damn metal mages. b:scorn

b:chuckle
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    And -interval and attack speed aren't going to change. -interval was deliberately made easy with packs. The addition of Nirvana pants giving -interval even shows that they wanted to increase, not decrease it. PW-CN suggested they were thinking about nerfing demon spark attack speed increase, they quickly changed their mind and apologized for even suggesting it.

So, with all that information as FACT. All you are doing is crying.

Look, I don't really care how you call it: QQ, crying, complaining, etc... and yes of course I admit I complain about it -- isn't that the point of suggestions? You suggest and complain about something when you think it's broken or wrongly designed (obviously with arguments not just mindless QQ).

That's like them not fixing rebirth glitch, and show no intention to. Doesn't mean we can't QQ or complain about it. You can be vocal even if you are sure it won't get "fixed" -- at least it shows you don't agree with it.
    edited October 2010
    Look, I don't really care how you call it: QQ, crying, complaining, etc... and yes of course I admit I complain about it -- isn't that the point of suggestions? You suggest and complain about something when you think it's broken or wrongly designed (obviously with arguments not just mindless QQ).

That's like them not fixing rebirth glitch, and show no intention to. Doesn't mean we can't QQ or complain about it. You can be vocal even if you are sure it won't get "fixed" -- at least it shows you don't agree with it.

That's the point. There is no intelligent discussion with you as much as you like to pretend there is. If you're not part of the solution, you're just background noise.

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    How can anyone be part of the solution? Even the suggestion box is completely worthless as we all know by now. I'm not sure how it is on the CN servers, but I don't speak chinese so someone would have to translate that.
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Far to integrated into the game now to be removed without mass hysteria and chaos occurring...

Anyway, in pvp this is for the most part balanced, sure if the 5 aps person stuns the wizard and wails on them the wizard will probably die....the wizard can also 1-3 shot the bm before they even get into attack range....seems pretty fair to me lol.

In pve the first thing I said is basically what applies. Although if they could do anything probably the best way to nerf 5 aps without effecting them alot in pvp would be to give spark eruptions cooldown periods, so they could not be spammed endlessly. Granted this will still never happen, so 5 aps as it exists now is here to stay.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i actually have alot of experience with end-game sins and again as i said they are easy to kill but i die quickly allso. YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO PLAY A WIZARD to even come close to killing a sin. go learn to be a wizard and stop complaining.

I bet you never fought with end game assassin. You would be death in few seconds and you wouldn't write this bull****. Go and level up. Then post video how you killing end game assassin and I will apologize you.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    How can anyone be part of the solution? Even the suggestion box is completely worthless as we all know by now. I'm not sure how it is on the CN servers, but I don't speak chinese so someone would have to translate that.

You say you want to have sensible arguments.... when in fact you're just trolling a static position.
    And seriously... I stopped bothering having sensible arguments with you simply because all your posts against me are copy-pasted. In fact I can predict that no matter what the topic at hand your posts will contain the following without any arguments whatsoever:

1) "you have no logic"
    2) "you're just another Yulk"
    3) "you are contradicting yourself"
    4) "mages (with +12 nirvana) **** me in pvp so they own in general"
    5) "/facepalm"
    6) "you are a horrible mage" (without even knowing me, funny)
    7) something that implies <all you say is wrong cause I say so and I know the wiz better than you>
    8) *some random remark about me or Man or anyone else you remember from once totally unrelated to the thread at hand*
    9) "go away already"

I'll stop at 10 not to sound too cliche.

I'm not the person coming in here with an idealistic and unreasonable attitude. You are.

Logic means nothing to you, you have a static position. '5aps needs to be nerfed, end of story.' Since that isn't happening, all you do is repeat yourself like a broken record.

Your argument is an endless loop. You always fall back to your beginning with no real progress at all. Many people even point this out to you.

As for me? Yes, 5aps is OP. It's glaringly apparent this was PW's design and intent. It's not going to change. Why do you even bother to argue? Apparently, just to troll.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Err the post you quoted wasn't about the suggestion it was arguing with you since at tha ttime the thread was derailed. b:chuckle
    Anyway, in pvp this is for the most part balanced, sure if the 5 aps person stuns the wizard and wails on them the wizard will probably die....the wizard can also 1-3 shot the bm before they even get into attack range....seems pretty fair to me lol.
    Nah that's not fair at all... only way to escape is to use immunity skills or genie... and in that case, the damage can be infinite, it doesn't mean it's balanced.

5aps is not used often in PvP so it doesn't break it as much as PvE... but man, when you get Occult Ice'd and your genie is on cooldown, you are ****ed. What happened to people using skills...
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    the problem is borsuc is that you have not provided a legit argument as to why 5 aps should be nerfed. you say i use the same argument over and over again but your argument has not changed yet.

you fail to realize how unpractical 5 aps is in PvP and just go on this tangent about how OP it is. the majority of people are against you and you still run that tangent. get over yourself.

seriously i am going to say this again. go learn how to play your own damn class. if you still want to go in this "sins are OP" "5aps is OP" "force stealth is OP" tangent then go make a sin because its not going to change. infact if you noticed anything at all sins were already nerfed a few times before.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The (most recent) complaint seems to be that 5.0 needs to be nerfed because casters and bow archers can't possibly match up to the damage on a per second basis.

Things need to go back to the way they used to be! Have barbs tanking bosses, archers slowly hitting with their bows and sparking once every 10 minutes, casters and their 3 second channeling skills, but because they're pure magic they are the ultimate DDs!

/sarcasm

Gtfo, make an interval char and stop crying already, Jesus Christ.