is 5ap being removed?

Options

Comments

• buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    5ap removed and I get to the top of the mountain of my pleasure.b:cute

Sadly, it won't happen, as previously stated. Nonetheless, it is funny to speculate about QQers in every situation.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dont you guys find it HILARIOUS that the majority of people that are complaining about 5 APs are the squishy mage classes and a few random squishy archers?

once 5 APS is nerfed what will be the next QQ topic? sage sins one hitting you with over 180 atk lvl? or maybe psys will be the next big QQ factor. hmm... (and im talking to you in particular borsuc since you love to QQ about anything and everything)

you people would ***** and moan even if this game was 200% perfectly balanced. its just ridiculous on how much people can whine about something so insignificant. each class has its obvious advantages. 5 aps is the advantage for melee classes.

it would be funn if i opened a QQ thread about how OP mages are because they can one hit groups of people with a single INSTANT cast skill.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Same old same old from you Tsubakey. "Let's not change anything because people will always complain" is a sure way to make progress, at least I know now.

Did people complain pre the -int craze? Sure they did! Does that mean we shouldn't change anything? lol seriously? Not even what happened after that?

When will you realize that argument holds no water?
    Mages shouldn't have DPS, period. There is no contest with other DPS classes. DPH classes hit harder but slower. DPS classes hit weaker but faster.
    You just have no clue what makes a class.

Not all of our skills are DPH, Jesus freaking Christ. Wizard is not just about nukes. Many of our basic DPS skills are very similar to a psychic, which has way less DPH (except the lvl100 Stone Smasher skill). You just don't get it do you? The DPH spells already suffer from extremely long channeling. Or are you one of those who uses glacial snare and sandstorm for DPS?

There is no magic class without a DPS spell like Gush/Cyclone/Aqua Impact, because it's just fundamental. It is not a DPH spell, or are you saying clerics have DPH on cyclone? lol.

Did you know Cyclone is identical to Gush? Aqua Impact being actuallly slightly weaker?
    An archer in red bubble can often hold aggro over an interval BM who is not in RB distance. When I was +7 4aps, a +8 HS pure dex archer could easily hold aggro over me.

Of course, I must be lying, because everyone knows interval is the death of PWI. lol
    Maybe not lying but just pulling it out without concrete data and repeatability. "Happened once" or "I think I saw a 400k hit from a wiz in Nirvana" doesn't cut it...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    +80 attack is not even double damage, I wouldn't really get one shot with "normal attacks"

And no I wouldn't QQ because if I had that similar gear I would survive TONS of hits from you

And last thing now... lol you keep bringing PvP into the discussion, my point was the amount of QQs we'll see regarding PvE farming d'oh and you went into a totally off topic remark

A zerk-crit normal attack from +12 G15 could easily hit over 10k without added attack levels. I've hit 10k with my 90 gold axes, albiet with Highland Cleave.

And yes, I keep bringing up PvP. If you had half a brain you'd understand why. Adjusting character mechanics won't just affect PvE, it'll affect PvP as well.

Maybe not lying but just pulling it out without concrete data and repeatability. "Happened once" or "I think I saw a 400k hit from a wiz in Nirvana" doesn't cut it...

Well I gave you a chance to explain yourself without insults, and you can't even come up with anything but that? What am I supposed to provide screenshots or frapsed video for you? Really? lol

You don't provide anything concrete, you just QQ with regurgitated info without offering anything of substance.

Go away troll, all you do is QQ without providing any semblance of common sense suggestions to level the playing field and just repetitively rant with idiotic manta. You don't fool anyone, which is why I don't address you with respect or intelligence, you deserve neither.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A zerk-crit normal attack from +12 G15 could easily hit over 10k without added attack levels. I've hit 10k with my 90 gold axes, albiet with Highland Cleave.

And yes, I keep bringing up PvP. If you had half a brain you'd understand why. Adjusting character mechanics won't just affect PvE, it'll affect PvP as well.
    lol

Everyone knows 5 aps doesn't work in PvP, or well, not against smart foes.

So altering it won't change a thing regarding PvP. I'm not in the "make mages better" camp, but in "nerfing 5 aps" one.

You think instances are too hard w/o 5 aps... newsflash they were like that before as well >.> actually TT got much harder now, and I bet it's because of overpowered 5 aps ppl. That gives problems to those not having 5 aps, casters or not.

So yeah, it seems 5 aps actually breaks the game, not the other way around.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    +80 attack is not even double damage, I wouldn't really get one shot with "normal attacks"

And no I wouldn't QQ because if I had that similar gear I would survive TONS of hits from you

And last thing now... lol you keep bringing PvP into the discussion, my point was the amount of QQs we'll see regarding PvE farming d'oh and you went into a totally off topic remark

Bolded and enlarged for the mentally challenged, more specifically, for you.
    Then I would go pure str build G15 Nirvana axes, and with the 30% Jones Blessing, +25 attack levels from converted interval and sharding full attack shards having up to 80 attack levels. Then you would QQ about being one shot with normal attacks.

BTW, pure str build Nirvana G15 axes is pretty high DPH. God_Evil on our server is a 500 str barb with +12 G15 axes, he often beats 5aps Barbs at the Celestial Tiger event. His max base patk is 21k? Then we'd hear complaints about that from all the casters too.

Yes, you could survive tons of hits from G15 Nirvana.

And you wonder why I can't take you seriously...
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bolded and enlarged for the mentally challenged, more specifically, for you.

Yes, you could survive tons of hits from G15 Nirvana.

And you wonder why I can't take you seriously...
    Are you idiot?

+12 G15 Nirvana equals +10 around on all armor parts if you're smart with upgrades, so I'd have around 16k HP like that sin on my server.

21k is pathetic for that, when you add PvP damage reduction (75%) and resistances too.

Just because you have +12 weapon and +5 on your armor because you're stupid in balance doesn't mean you need to cry other similar people like you ONE SHOT and stuff b:bye

Do you see anyone complaining about it anyway? Not like nerfing 5 aps changes that, idiot.
    Quit.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Removing the 5APS would probably contribute into bringing barbarians back into the game. This is my theory. What do you guys think?

Now a days you hear so many people complain "OMG... We're still on this boss???? If I had a 5.0 Squad we'd be done already"

Just gets really annoying, and it usually ends with the whole squad ignoring that individual the entire run. If it was a Twilight Temple run, it would just result in him having low share of the materials to make gear, or sell. b:chuckle
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Removing the 5APS would probably contribute into bringing barbarians back into the game. This is my theory. What do you guys think?

Now a days you hear so many people complain "OMG... We're still on this boss???? If I had a 5.0 Squad we'd be done already"

Just gets really annoying, and it usually ends with the whole squad ignoring that individual the entire run. If it was a Twilight Temple run, it would just result in him having low share of the materials to make gear, or sell. b:chuckle
    People became spoiled I agree.

The time before 5 aps, TT was much harder to farm.

Now they made TT very difficult because of 5 aps, and they cry. They just want everything handled to them fast and easy cuz they got used to it... Michael_Dork preaches what he hated about "Borsuc noob" sooooo funny tbh
    Quit.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Are you idiot?

+12 G15 Nirvana equals +10 around on all armor parts if you're smart with upgrades, so I'd have around 16k HP like that sin on my server.

21k is pathetic for that, when you add PvP damage reduction (75%) and resistances too.

Just because you have +12 weapon and +5 on your armor because you're stupid in balance doesn't mean you need to cry other similar people like you ONE SHOT and stuff b:bye

Do you see anyone complaining about it anyway? Not like nerfing 5 aps changes that, idiot.

I'm dumbfounded. I don't have any idea how someone could be as stupid as you are.

Yes, you're invincible to anything. lol Cash shop too much?

The comment that flew over your empty head was if 5aps were nerfed what would happen? I told you exactly what would. You're not bright enough to grasp exactly what I meant.

And how is a full +10 set of armour going to save you against anything? Everyone dies. Well, except for you because you're so pro. Even Shinzoko who has spent $60k+ on this game still dies. lol

You're married to borsuc in game I would hope. Two villiage idiots like you belong together.
  • lolitrolu
    lolitrolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Are you idiot?

lol are you for real?

i lolled
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The comment that flew over your empty head was if 5aps were nerfed what would happen? I told you exactly what would. You're not bright enough to grasp exactly what I meant.
    No, you're a fool thinking nerfing aps will increase effectiveness on axes. It's already there, you said that barb with the axes exists. Are there QQs regarding it? Are there QQs regarding 5 aps? Exactly.
    And how is a full +10 set of armour going to save you against anything? Everyone dies. Well, except for you because you're so pro. Even Shinzoko who has spent $60k+ on this game still dies. lol
    Who said I'd be invincible?

OMFG it is pointless to discuss with a moron like you. Twisting the whole point, or maybe you don't know how to read properly. All I said is I won't get one shot if I had similar gear to that barb. Not that I can't die. Really, go back to school to learn how to read or get some glasses.

But yeah it's typical from you tbh I got used to it. I don't usually insult or mock people I don't know so the fact I insulted you more than any other member on these forums speaks volumes about you son. I apologize actually for the harsh words I used often against you but I am human and have a limit staying calm, so I get pissed too.

I started to discuss this nicely in this thread, not "QQing", and as usual, it turned into a flame fest. I don't particularly remember insulting anyone until you did this out of a sudden when my comments didn't have any hostility at all. I don't know you in RL but I can't imagine you being something else than a kid who wants to bully people who he doesn't even know. Or if you're not a kid, you sure act like one most of time on the forums. Maybe you had a harsh childhood, or well I'm not a psychiatrist to find out what's wrong with you.

Aaaaanyway I grew so tired of all this **** and just realized that this is the first time for me to insult a particular person so much on a forum. I guess I shouldn't go down to your childish level, so you can consider that I am done with you. Insult me, mock me, I won't even bother to reply to your nonsense anymore.

I'll just be the mature one to end this hostility and say I am sorry for all the insults I said in your direction. Now you can continue making fun of me and start flame wars, or choose the approach I did and grow up. It's your decision and frankly I don't really care about it anymore. Peace b:bye
    Quit.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lolitrolu wrote: »
    lol are you for real?

i lolled
    I lol more at you being so shamed of your main to post from an alt
    Quit.
  • lolitrolu
    lolitrolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, you're a fool thinking nerfing aps will increase effectiveness on axes. It's already there, you said that barb with the axes exists. Are there QQs regarding it? Are there QQs regarding 5 aps? Exactly.

OMFG it is pointless to discuss with a moron like you. Twisting the whole point, or maybe you don't know how to read properly. All I said is I won't get one shot if I had similar gear to that barb. Not that I can't die. Really, go back to school to learn how to read or get some glasses.

But yeah it's typical from you tbh I got used to it. I don't usually insult or mock people I don't know so the fact I insulted you more than any other member on these forums speaks volumes about you son. I apologize actually for the harsh words I used often against you but I am human and have a limit staying calm, so I get pissed too.

I started to discuss this nicely in this thread, not "QQing", and as usual, it turned into a flame fest. I don't particularly remember insulting anyone until you did this out of a sudden when my comments didn't have any hostility at all. I don't know you in RL but I can't imagine you being something else than a kid who wants to bully people who he doesn't even know. Or if you're not a kid, you sure act like one most of time on the forums. Maybe you had a harsh childhood, or well I'm not a psychiatrist to find out what's wrong with you.

Aaaaanyway I grew so tired of all this **** and just realized that this is the first time for me to insult a particular person so much on a forum. I guess I shouldn't go down to your childish level, so you can consider that I am done with you. Insult me, mock me, I won't even bother to reply to your nonsense anymore.

I'll just be the mature one to end this hostility and say I am sorry for all the insults I said in your direction. Now you can continue making fun of me and start flame wars, or choose the approach I did and grow up. It's your decision and frankly I don't really care about it anymore. Peace b:bye
    lolled a little more. please keep posting
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately my aim is not to entertain 12 year old kids who have a bad social life so sorry I won't follow your request after this post.
    Quit.
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, you're a fool thinking nerfing aps will increase effectiveness on axes.

b:surrender Just wanna clear the air....You mentioned the idea of changing -int into Attk Lvl...And that's where he was coming from. His -int gear becoming Attk Lvl would give him to power to smite people with one shot. And raging is pointless. Please, take a drink of cold water, reread what was posted, and continue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    5aps clawrics FTW.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    5aps clawrics FTW.

b:victory And that is how the clerics solved the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they're putting way too much stupid in the water on RT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options

OMG, amazing.

I've seen +12 G15 axe str barb one shot 10khp arcane. That's not even with 70+ attack levels stacked on top of that. Your +10 full set in comparison isn't going to save you much from that. 2, maybe 3 shots at best?

My main point that you completely missed... which I'll gladly spell out for you now would be that changing -interval to +attack levels wouldn't un-break things as they are. The inane and pointless crying about -interval would become about +attack levels a few days later. It would solve the 5aps problem, it would just break the game a completely different way.

b:bye
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they're putting way too much stupid in the water on RT.

b:sad Lack of oxygen does that, sometimes. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Same old same old from you Tsubakey. "Let's not change anything because people will always complain" is a sure way to make progress, at least I know now.

Did people complain pre the -int craze? Sure they did! Does that mean we shouldn't change anything? lol seriously? Not even what happened after that?

people complained about venos being OP to. you know what that is? people being butthurt that they cant beat xxx class because he has xxx gear that makes him oh so over powered.

the fact is nothing is wrong with 5 aps. a person using 5 aps can only have 1 target at a time and need to get in melee range to even deal damage. wizzards? they can one shot groups of people from hella far away.

basically what you people are complaining about is as idiotic as the people complaining about venos with hercs when there potential was first realized. get over it, suck it up, and learn how to play a god damn wizard because a wizards usefulness in pvp is FAR from gone. they still are one of the dominant classes in pvp after the tideborns IF USED CORRECTLY.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this threads still going on?

simply put removeing interval from the game would make bm's damn near useless in pvp and pve

barbs would just go back to tanking

veno alts would be used to farm

wizzies would still get the shaft

my wifes +6 lunar wand can 1 shot me on a bids crit through marrow, my +6 claws take a full roar+bash to kill her if she does not blink/drop/fortify uncharmed we both have +5-6 refines and immacs, point being that a wizzies def and DPH will scale as fast as a bm's DPS and faster than our survival (ran this at 5 aps a while back on the wizzie subforum) and wizzies gear does not cap...

so ya unless they totaly overhaul this class dont expect int to go anywhere

also to those claiming bm's as a support class read the description sometime "a strong solo class late game"
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well I gave you a chance to explain yourself without insults, and you can't even come up with anything but that?
    But what? I didn't see any insult, must be in your head. You need to relax this attitude with me a little -- I don't know why you get so worked up over it but I certainly don't resort to personal attacks unless the post (not the person) calls for it. I simply meant you need to pay more attention and do it repeatable, like you know, how a basic scientific process is supposed to be done.

Now you mentioned to Asheera that axes can hit for 10k zerk non-crit... that's 5k normal hit non-crit... you know why that is funny? Because that would be a 20k hit without taking resistances into account. Now if you are going to use a g15+12 nirvana it's only reasonable to expect high-end ornaments for defense, otherwise your point is basically "but I 1-shot people who are built not to take hits"... which proves what exactly?

Maybe assume a 50% reduction would be minimal... personally I don't know of that many axes that hit for 40k with a single normal hit non-zerk and non-crit.

This is what I don't like about you. You always put up scenarios, say "I've seen X" and "i've seen Y" but you don't do it under controlled conditions -- why are you so afraid of dueling and testing things out? It guarantees you know all the inputs (buffs, amps, debuffs) and the output precisely (damage log, hp left, etc), given the conditions (gear and damage reduction). Really it's not hard and so much better than just pulling numbers out like that.
    people complained about venos being OP to. you know what that is? people being butthurt that they cant beat xxx class because he has xxx gear that makes him oh so over powered.
    Ever thought that they were OP. Do you even know why they aren't anymore? Because people back then had a lot weaker gears. Before the pack craze. Are you seriously playing dumb if you think that the complaints went away simply because of player skill and not difference in gear? Do some research, it helps.
    basically what you people are complaining about is as idiotic as the people complaining about venos with hercs when there potential was first realized. get over it, suck it up, and learn how to play a god damn wizard because a wizards usefulness in pvp is FAR from gone. they still are one of the dominant classes in pvp after the tideborns IF USED CORRECTLY.
    Yeah and "every game has classes always perfectly balanced, it's just up to the player to use it correctly". I mean, no matter what. Deja vu.

Overused cliche is overused.
  • Curaja - Raging Tide
    Curaja - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Have a think about this for a second, If aps was capped at 3.33, have a good think what would then be the best weapon for a Blademaster? Demon spark, with every 4 weapons you have available what would then be the best if they all could go 3.33? Thanksb:thanks
  • Juggalobeast - Harshlands
    Juggalobeast - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No the scarest axe's iv seen was Unicorns tragety +12 with incompairable ambers Recasted liek 5 times Pattack of 2.2k-4.1k o.o normal hits i'd h8t being on th eother endof those axes with a 3x spark PLus they Got Zerk no way i'd run from that ...im makeing them xD
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."

"Life is the curse. Sleep is the remission. Death is the cure."//
    two red roses sitting on my coffin, the wind blows, leaving only one
    the world i know disappears...like the setting sun/
    ■Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see The pain someone feels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But what? I didn't see any insult, must be in your head.

This is what I don't like about you.

What I don't like about you, and it's pretty obvious it's a rather shared opinion around here is that all you do is whine and complain and don't provide anything of significance.

I guess you missed it, so I'll repost it again... even with the fact that last time I asked you about a compromise, all you're crying for is a nerf, which isn't going to happen, and the only time I offered a possible solution you cried "gimme gimmie gimmie gimme more"

/facepalm
    My only issue with tideborns is obviously assassin.

One can say stealth + control skills + teleports augments the fact that they are melee, but that is a whole different topic. That is why I tried to stay clear of it.

Ok, lets play again.

-interval gear is here to stay. So is 5aps. What else can be done that would make you happy?
    edited October 2010
    Options

Ever thought that they were OP. Do you even know why they aren't anymore? Because people back then had a lot weaker gears. Before the pack craze. Are you seriously playing dumb if you think that the complaints went away simply because of player skill and not difference in gear? Do some research, it helps.

Yeah and "every game has classes always perfectly balanced, it's just up to the player to use it correctly". I mean, no matter what. Deja vu.

Overused cliche is overused.

sigh. i HATE to agree with Micheal on anything but u are a ****ing lunatic. the thing thats funny is you blatantly ignore the OBVIOUS strengths of your own class. think about it Mr. borsuc. once assassins are nerfed, once 5 aps are nerfed, once psys are nerfed, once venos with nyxes are nerfed, once ALL the classes that Mr BORSUC wants nerfed what do we have left? over powered wizards. but i never once seen you mention wizards needing a nerfing. why is that mr wiz?

you really want to nerf every single class in the game except your own so they can be the dominant class? cuz guess what, that is EXACTLY what you are doing. i dont care how the hell you try to get around it or how much you deny it because it is what it is. you complain about EVERY ****ing class except for wizzard. gtfo with your BS.

you know exactly what you are doing. you dont give a **** about balance or atleast you try to THINK you do, but in reality all you want to do is boost your own class because you fail as a wizard. every single time i explain to you how powerful a wizard is in pvp against an assassin (a good wiz can EASILY one hit a sin) you dodge and dance around it as if it does not exist. you are full of BS.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sigh. i HATE to agree with Micheal on anything but u are a ****ing lunatic. the thing thats funny is you blatantly ignore the OBVIOUS strengths of your own class. think about it Mr. borsuc. once assassins are nerfed, once 5 aps are nerfed, once psys are nerfed, once venos with nyxes are nerfed, once ALL the classes that Mr BORSUC wants nerfed what do we have left? over powered wizards. but i never once seen you mention wizards needing a nerfing. why is that mr wiz?

you really want to nerf every single class in the game except your own so they can be the dominant class? cuz guess what, that is EXACTLY what you are doing. i dont care how the hell you try to get around it or how much you deny it because it is what it is. you complain about EVERY ****ing class except for wizzard. gtfo with your BS.

you know exactly what you are doing. you dont give a **** about balance or atleast you try to THINK you do, but in reality all you want to do is boost your own class because you fail as a wizard. every single time i explain to you how powerful a wizard is in pvp against an assassin (a good wiz can EASILY one hit a sin) you dodge and dance around it as if it does not exist. you are full of BS.

+1 im a wizard and i can confirm sins r very easy to kill. you just need to know how to play a wiz
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Look we all know you are assassin. So nerfed 5 ats would be disaster for you. But game was much better, when 5 ats and assassins didn't exist. And most people was much happier than today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]