is 5ap being removed?

Options
AbdulK - Lost City
AbdulK - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
i heard that they will make the max ap to 3.33 is this true?
Post edited by AbdulK - Lost City on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol it's just a rumor, nothing has been confirmed or denied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    again why would they? making a 5aps character is expensive its more cash in there pockets why would they nurf something that gives them more profits cause i know for a fact my 5aps is gonna cost 700 dollars just for the regular interval gear(so not counting shards or refines)
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

no, it will be increased to 9.99/sec.

now spread this rumor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

now spread this rumor.

I want to believe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

now spread this rumor.

b:shocked I'm already felt the cold steel blade's of the 5aps 104 assassin on our server, id be scared to see the 9.99b:surrender
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:shocked I'm already felt the cold steel blade's of the 5aps 104 assassin on our server, id be scared to see the 9.99b:surrender

You had time to feel it? 5 APS +12 daggers + me = "You were killed by ____" followed by fish appearing and no damage log.
  • shuy7
    shuy7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

That's what they're saying...

Then replies... Who is saying huh? proof or trollb:angry <- lol

Chiiieeeeennneeessseee Peeeeeeeppppssss
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

lol you wouldnt feel 9.99 your dmg log would be empty and u wouldnt even c urself getting attacked
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You had time to feel it? 5 APS +12 daggers + me = "You were killed by ____" followed by fish appearing and no damage log.

why doesnt it appear in log when i get 1 shotted? b:laugh
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is it. Final chance I can give to PWE to fix PWI. And I have to wait only a few months. If they will not nerf -interval for fast weapons or make it +% attack based even in the expansion, I will quit this game for good.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    After so many players have become 5 aps, they would just do more damage to the game by nerfing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^Now that's one thing I can agree with.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yea....even I went -int rofl.

3.33 aps right now, 4.0 aps in a few days, 5.0 aps in like... a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    After so many players have become 5 aps, they would just do more damage to the game by nerfing it.

Not really. People will QQ and rage and bish and moan and QQ some moar, but eventually accept it and move on.

I mean come on, I know 5apsers who QQed about not being able to SOLO TT 3-3 after it got changed. Does that sound anywhere remotely right to you?

They have to either nerf -interval or make magic classes more useful, whether it's through changing how -channeling works or just make them hit even harder. Wizzies and psys have already been rendered obsolete for anything except TW and PVP purposes, and even there most are utterly undergeared because most don't have efficient means of making money. From what I gather, one of the new classes is supposed to be magic based as well. No one in their right mind is going to roll one unless they balance it out for PvE purposes.

Heck even I rolled a fister alt, doesn't change the fact it's broken as hell and that magic classes are getting fewer and fewer in number, and as a rule of thumb are generally undergeared compared to fisters.
    b:dirty
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually the class that is hardest to find is Barbarians. Especially once people turn to interval gear or get high level Hercs. PWI unbalanced the game severly by allowing -int, hercs, phoenix etc to be too powerful. Yeah sure, you want to make players believe the money they invested was worth it but at the same time it created a huge division between characters and also changed the roles of characters in the game.

How many players are 5aps? How many are Herc/phoenix users? How many of these are heavy cash shop users? How many other players use the cash shop? Who is making the biggest contribution to PWI pockets? All questions that I am sure the answers can give light to how a solution can be found. There is a way to achieve balance without ruining your income. I have seen the mmo I left to come here litterally turn itself away from going down a dark hole by putting balance back into place.

It may seem like keeping things the way they are is good for business but it is not. And pretty soon PWI will wake up and realise that balance is more important than selling packs every weekend. As I said I have seen another game walk this path before. In fact I can name 2 others as well. Balance is a funny thing in mmos and though there can never be real balance in terms of f2p/cs(cash shop supported) games the "appearance" of base balance still remains important. In other words let there be a base balance without refines etc and then when you add in the cash shop items do not create an overwhelming difference between cash shopped characters and f2p characters to the point where there is no more competition.

On an additional note its about time PWI get a working arena in place. Weaker games than this have them and have them working. If you intend to survive adding 2 new classes may get you to next summer but what then? A new class every year? Get a working arena and restore the games balance!
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

wow... some people are just so gullible and naive that its painful /facepalm

but just because you are so naive, ima say yes, yes it is 100% true.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually the class that is hardest to find is Barbarians. Especially once people turn to interval gear or get high level Hercs. PWI unbalanced the game severly by allowing -int, hercs, phoenix etc to be too powerful. Yeah sure, you want to make players believe the money they invested was worth it but at the same time it created a huge division between characters and also changed the roles of characters in the game.

On an additional note its about time PWI get a working arena in place. Weaker games than this have them and have them working. If you intend to survive adding 2 new classes may get you to next summer but what then? A new class every year? Get a working arena and restore the games balance!

All too true. And then only problem when you see barbs beyond 89 is that they are all going Demon and restatting to be able to use claws. b:surrender

Agreed. Free PvP would increase interest in the game, and getting rewarded for true skill instead of ganking ability would be a pleasant change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually the class that is hardest to find is Barbarians. Especially once people turn to interval gear or get high level Hercs. PWI unbalanced the game severly by allowing -int, hercs, phoenix etc to be too powerful.
    wth?
    hercs are awful tanks, everyone at lvl 100 can steal aggro from it if they want
    plus is very limited in tanking... like fb99 and so on
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    3.33 max APS is not going to get wizards into farm squads, IJS. They've never been necessary in TT, what makes you think this, just THIS, is the reason for it?

Wizards will remain the class that gets invited to TT/Nirv because you're friends with them, 5.0 or not.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Wizards will remain the class that gets invited to TT/Nirv because you're friends with them, 5.0 or not.

Yea, I agree here.

A psy and wizzy still won't get into Nirv runs. My whole reasoning for me going -int was just so I can get into TT/Nirv squads easier.

Its sucks being the debuffer/buffer person in squad. rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why people keep hoping 5aps gets nurfed? i mean like come on someone earlier(who i forgot to qoute) said wizzys and psy's dont get inside TT/nirvana runs unless ur friends take you. again i will state they wount nurf it because it brings in the $$$$. reroll or stop QQin like honestly.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    3.33 max APS is not going to get wizards into farm squads, IJS. They've never been necessary in TT, what makes you think this, just THIS, is the reason for it?
    No one said 3.33 is the 'solution', but reworking how -interval works.

As for reason, idk, maybe if we can have more DPS as we're supposed to as DDs rather than BMs as support, people would want us? b:question
    **** argument sorry. It's a game for entertainment, no one wants to pick a handicapped class to leech off friends or feel like a burden -- everyone wants to feel useful ijs. So of course we complain and want it changed.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Most people only get out about .000009 of a scream before they fall over on the ground. b:shocked
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No one said 3.33 is the 'solution', but reworking how -interval works.

As for reason, idk, maybe if we can have more DPS as we're supposed to as DDs rather than BMs as support, people would want us? b:question

APS would have to be capped to 2 or so to put the balance back. Maybe 2.5 but 3.33 is too much, just like you said. It could be done with tweaking the way the "time between hits" works.

Of course, there are still certain things to consider. For example, how much DPS archers would get if interval was changed, how valuable would the STA be when the boss killing time is increased due to less DPS from 5 aps users, how much of a use would HF be if the BMs were 'useless' in TTs etc.

Also, if wizards got 3x DPS with gush and pyro compared to what they have now (or 5x stronger DB affected by -chan) it would break PvP. Better solution would be continuous AoE with 5-10 sec cast time that'd have as good DPS as 5 aps BMs after you get good refines and lots of -chan. Or something like that. People wouldn't use it in PvP so it wouldn't break it at all.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    3x DPS would be extreme yes. b:shocked

Slight boost not so much -- as can be evidenced from jones blessing, and math is there to prove it, but some people are like "omgwtf30atklevel".

I wasn't even talking about boosting the others, but nerfing the -interval on fast weapons.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    **** argument sorry. It's a game for entertainment, no one wants to pick a handicapped class to leech off friends or feel like a burden -- everyone wants to feel useful ijs. So of course we complain and want it changed.

That's not an argument, there's nothing to argue about because it was, and still is true. Are you already forgetting the old TT runs where barb and cleric got first pick?

Obviously the problem is not other classes becoming better DDs pushing wizards out of demand. The problem is that the wizard class need to be better in PvE in the first place.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I didnt read anything in this thread except the title, but.

Everything that's been said is true and will happen in PWI very soon!
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    aps should be capped at 2.86 to have it "pretty balanced" on DPS with casters. Ofc more damage but that's only for static single targets while casters also have ranged advantage. So pretty fine imo.

I mean it's also pretty obvious that after someone gets 3.33, 4, or 5, it gets to the "OP" level and he starts pwning so bad compared to before. Not just raw damage but also very fast chi generation.

EDIT: I mean if this was to be balanced from the start >.< Not sure if nerfing it at this point would be a good solution as a lot of people will be super pissed. Although my guess is, those that spent tons won't quit and just continue to play and spend on new ways to be OP, and ultimately only those matter for PWE I guess.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why da fak u guys keep QQin roll a 5aps class urself
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why da fak u guys keep QQin roll a 5aps class urself
    I don't see any real "QQs" here it's just a mature debate of how this could be balanced.

Maybe you should stop trolling with useless posts ijs b:bye
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.