is 5ap being removed?

Options

Comments

• Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Look we all know you are assassin. So nerfed 5 ats would be disaster for you. But game was much better, when 5 ats and assassins didn't exist. And most people was much happier than today.

really? 5 APS high HP tanks were better? a sin is no diffrent then a BM. the only difference is a sin does higher DPS then a 5APS BM. so by that logic, how was the game "better" before sins?

Edit: and i almost forgot, 5 aps fist/claw archers.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    really? 5 APS high HP tanks were better? a sin is no diffrent then a BM. the only difference is a sin does higher DPS then a 5APS BM. so by that logic, how was the game "better" before sins?

Edit: and i almost forgot, 5 aps fist/claw archers.

*cough* She said when 5 aps didn't exist (aka as nearly as obtainable)b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But game was much better, when 5 ats and assassins didn't exist. .

Game was also much better when Mag classes didnt have Jones Blessing . Ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just wanted to point out 3.33 is almost 3 attacks per second fast and that 9.99 is 1 attack per second.

5aps just means 2 attacks. b:surrender
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just wanted to point out 3.33 is almost 3 attacks per second fast and that 9.99 is 1 attack per second.

Your math is off. 3.33 is exactly 3.33 attacks per second. and 9.99 would be exactly 9.99 attacks per second (if it existed). /facepalm
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Your math is off. 3.33 is exactly 3.33 attacks per second. and 9.99 would be exactly 9.99 attacks per second (if it existed). /facepalm

i lold at her math too.
  • Over_Kill - Lost City
    Over_Kill - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

lol like apsers can not use Jones. ijs
    That argument is invalid.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my math is correct -.-;

5.0/ 10.0 is 2

meaning 2 attacks per second.

9.99/10.0 is 1
    3.33/10.0 is 3

._. okay I was a tiny bit off, there is 3 attacks. :P but it's not possible at this time.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

WTF... I don't event...
    my math is correct -.-;

5.0/ 10.0 is 2

Yes, 5 divided by 10 is 2. Troll much?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ditto somewhat, I got the anniversary buff as do you all.

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Melee classes can get them too! What a concept! 8O

But honestly, why raise the aps?
    Because it takes more money/work to get it.

We all know the original cap was 3.33... Nurfing the aps now? You'd see a lot fewer Assass--

Nurf the aps? D:
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my math is correct -.-;

5.0/ 10.0 is 2

9.99/10.0 is 1
    3.33/10.0 is 3

._. okay I was a tiny bit off, there is 3 attacks. :P but it's not possible at this time.

And where did you get 10 from?
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

please someone help that poor child with her math.b:surrender
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options

Daggers start with 10.0 intervals and you decrease it by .02 intervals or .1 intervals.
    Look at the interval section more carefully.

Current cap I guess now is 5.0 intervals.

Thinking about it, do you sins ever lag?

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    daggers start with 10.0 intervals and you decrease it by .02 intervals or .1 intervals.

Lmao? 10.0 intervals of what? Do you even know what interval is?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    daggers start with 10.0 intervals and you decrease it by .02 intervals or .1 intervals.

According to that logic an assassin auto-attacking with no -int gear would only hit every 10 seconds.

Please read Okeano's link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    w/e you attack twice now leave me alone. >.> I have read it and prolly had a higher math grade then you.

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lmao? 10.0 intervals of what? Do you even know what interval is?

Pssh you are using it as a measurement.

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    w/e you attack twice now leave me alone. >.> I have read it and prolly had a higher math grade then you.

A full -int fist user has an attack interval of .2 seconds.

Thus they are able to achieve an attack rate of 5 attacks per second ( 1 second/ .2 second)

Normal fists have an attack rate of 1.43 attacks per second, so roughly 1 1/2 hits per second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A full -int fist user has an attack interval of .2 seconds.

Thus they are able to achieve an attack rate of 5 attacks per second ( 1 second/ .2 second)

Normal fists have an attack rate of 1.43 attacks per second, so roughly 1 1/2 hits per second.

Oh~ I see where I was wrong... my bad.b:shutup

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have no problem to give up blessing. Do you give up 5ats? I bet not. So?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Michael, obviously, I can express my view of what should be done to balance -int (not just for magic classes but also amongst different builds and not just fists/claws/daggers). If you say it's here to stay -- that doesn't change the idea of what should be done.

Then again, bugs should get fixed, and packs should be removed, are one of the common things posted on here by people. They are probably here to stay as well -- would that make their points any less valid. Yes it's QQ -- I never denied it isn't. But QQ with substance.

And lastly, if I were to say the TW pay thing way before this happened, I'm sure you would've said "QQmore about TW pay, it's here to stay" as well. b:laugh
    you really want to nerf every single class in the game except your own so they can be the dominant class? cuz guess what, that is EXACTLY what you are doing. i dont care how the hell you try to get around it or how much you deny it because it is what it is. you complain about EVERY ****ing class except for wizzard. gtfo with your BS.
    Really now? I think you are the one who constantly tells others to shut up about any nerf -- be it forced stealth (that thread), aps, or whatever else (your "venos are OP" example).

I ask for every class to be nerfed? Quite possibly seeing as interval affects so many classes. But it's not exactly all of them -- and I don't ask for nerf for something class specific, but rather just -interval (heck even a wiz could get it, although inefficiently). What about clerics, or archers using bows? Did I ask for a nerf there? Or venos? I tell you what, it isn't me who brings the veno **** in all the threads I'm posting -- heck I'm not bringing it at all. Seems to me you are accusing me of something you do.

Furthermore, logic would dictate that the imbalanced side will usually have the mass QQs, on average. Sure everyone QQs, but it isn't uncommon to see one side (usually magic classes/non int, or wizards) QQ the most. Statistically, there is a reason for that. It's because of the imbalance. Common sense you know.

tl;dr
    Will you shut up with the ALL OR NOTHING **** already?
    +1 im a wizard and i can confirm sins r very easy to kill. you just need to know how to play a wiz
    Dude you don't even know end-game sins (99+) unless you say you can beat sins that level, then you, good sir, are fighting noobs.

You can show some vids like Adroit did, he has some trouble beating sins (but he does, it's close though) and let us judge the sin's skill and yours? b:bye

Oh also Tsubakey learn to use Deaden Nerves first then talk about one-shotting sins... b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Dude you don't even know end-game sins (99+) unless you say you can beat sins that level, then you, good sir, are fighting noobs.

You can show some vids like Adroit did, he has some trouble beating sins (but he does, it's close though) and let us judge the sin's skill and yours? b:bye

Oh also Tsubakey learn to use Deaden Nerves first then talk about one-shotting sins... b:bye

Look... you are by no way a decent wiz by my standards... so don't act like that anything worth while. I got taken down by sins... but I also have no problem taking down sins. Just cause you can't do jack **** againt sins... doesn't mean other people is in the same boat as you. Get out of your little bubble and stop fighting against +4/5 people... and assuming thats the norm. There is +10/12 people out there that'll trample you without any effort.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have no problem to give up blessing. Do you give up 5ats? I bet not. So?

I havent got 5aps only 4 so ?

(could have 5 but 4 is enough for how I choose to play and gear my char )

Sure everyone QQs, but it isn't uncommon to see one side (usually magic classes/non int, or wizards) QQ the most. Statistically, there is a reason for that. It's because of the imbalance. Common sense you know.

Mages are only imblanced Vs 5aps in PvE . In PvP that balance is addressed with their high dmg hits. ( Unless vs Sins but thats more to do with the Sins stealth and skills than -int and adds up to whole differant topic ).

But by changing -int to address what you see as imblance in one sector of the game (PvE) it would negativly effect aps user in both PvE and PvP .

So far no one has come up with a sensible solution to address the balance in one (PvE) while keeping the balance in another (PvP) . Calls for just " Remove 5aps " without offering a viable solution to maintain balance in all sections just comes over as QQ wether intended or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So far no one has come up with a sensible solution to address the balance in one (PvE) while keeping the balance in another (PvP) . Calls for just " Remove 5aps " without offering a viable solution to maintain balance in all sections just comes over as QQ wether intended or not.

And another person that completely understands!

In-game, the only real imbalance with -interval is against bosses. Against normal mobs, mages, archers and psychics are far OP compared to interval users, one just needs to look at Celestial Tiger contribution right after the first stage to see the proof. In fact, at the end of the event, magic classes can score nearly the same contribution as -interval users. The Celestial Tiger event doesn't heavily favor them over other classes as it did in the Neinbeast event.

And all this "nerf 5aps" bull has gone on enough. It's not going to change. Try to come up with a solution and we can discuss it or keep crying like a baby without offering anything more than "nerf nerf nerf" and you'll just look like idiots.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    game was much better, when 5 ats and assassins didn't exist. And most people was much happier than today.

+10.

le sigh.

The only way to relive the old days is by playing private servers. But even those are fubar.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Michael, obviously, I can express my view of what should be done to balance -int (not just for magic classes but also amongst different builds and not just fists/claws/daggers). If you say it's here to stay -- that doesn't change the idea of what should be done.

Then again, bugs should get fixed, and packs should be removed, are one of the common things posted on here by people. They are probably here to stay as well -- would that make their points any less valid. Yes it's QQ -- I never denied it isn't. But QQ with substance.

And lastly, if I were to say the TW pay thing way before this happened, I'm sure you would've said "QQmore about TW pay, it's here to stay" as well. b:laugh

Really now? I think you are the one who constantly tells others to shut up about any nerf -- be it forced stealth (that thread), aps, or whatever else (your "venos are OP" example).

I ask for every class to be nerfed? Quite possibly seeing as interval affects so many classes. But it's not exactly all of them -- and I don't ask for nerf for something class specific, but rather just -interval (heck even a wiz could get it, although inefficiently). What about clerics, or archers using bows? Did I ask for a nerf there? Or venos? I tell you what, it isn't me who brings the veno **** in all the threads I'm posting -- heck I'm not bringing it at all. Seems to me you are accusing me of something you do.

Furthermore, logic would dictate that the imbalanced side will usually have the mass QQs, on average. Sure everyone QQs, but it isn't uncommon to see one side (usually magic classes/non int, or wizards) QQ the most. Statistically, there is a reason for that. It's because of the imbalance. Common sense you know.

tl;dr
    Will you shut up with the ALL OR NOTHING **** already?

damn you either suck hella bad as a wizard or you are a major troll. deaden nerves? GG it takes 2 hits now instead of one from instant cast wizies. big ****ing deal.

btw borsuc, its a common fact that you are one of the top QQers and ***** moaners on these forums. there is no question about that.

it becomes so damn obvious now borsuc. you want to nerf stealth so that you can see the sins and thus 1 hit them from a distance before they even touch you. oh w8 my bad, 2 hits cuz of dead nerves *rolls eyes*, nerf aps so wizzards can take more hits while they get there instant cast skills off. nerf nyxes so that you you can instead tank the venoes **** magic damage and one hit them to. and the list just keeps going on and on.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And another person that completely understands!

In-game, the only real imbalance with -interval is against bosses. Against normal mobs, mages, archers and psychics are far OP compared to interval users, one just needs to look at Celestial Tiger contribution right after the first stage to see the proof. In fact, at the end of the event, magic classes can score nearly the same contribution as -interval users. The Celestial Tiger event doesn't heavily favor them over other classes as it did in the Neinbeast event.

And all this "nerf 5aps" bull has gone on enough. It's not going to change. Try to come up with a solution and we can discuss it or keep crying like a baby without offering anything more than "nerf nerf nerf" and you'll just look like idiots.

What? You have stunts skills, 5ats, defenses same as we.
    We have looong channeling time, chi needed for ultimates. If you don't see difference then sorry...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We have looong channeling time, chi needed for ultimates. If you don't see difference then sorry...

for a 5 aps BM you need to take presicious seconds to switch to a different weapon, more precious seconds to cast the skill and stun the target, and more precious seconds to switch back weapons. thats like 20+ hits that you missed just to stun once. you will do more dmg to just keep atking.

a sin also wastes time to stun a target when they are better off just atking, altho they have it easier then a BM i guess.

and long channeling time? or essential sutra and -chan gear?
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options

I dont think you understand what balance is tbh.

You have the High Dmg and range to kill people before they get to you , If a high aps ( not using stealth thats a differant topic ) survives to get in melee they should have a good chance to kill you
    Range have the edge at erm range while melee have the edge up in ya face << that is balance.

You seem to want High dmg hits, range AND the advantage in melee .. That isnt balance by any stretch of the imagination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]