Sage or Demon?

Options

Comments

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Noc stop using items with twice -channel (3* or OHT) because they are not realistic... and it seems like an excuse to be honest because you couldn't get as much -channel as you wanted without them. b:bye

Sure you see one or two on an old server with thousands of players and years of playtime? So only 1 or 2 wizzies (or clerics or whatever) on such big servers can have them? Crappy advice is crappy.
  • Noc - Harshlands
    Noc - Harshlands Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I can admit when I'm wrong. But that build still sucks.b:chuckle

Haha the 1st 2 were just examples for - channel. b:cry
  • Noc - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Noc stop using items with twice -channel (3* or OHT) because they are not realistic... and it seems like an excuse to be honest because you couldn't get as much -channel as you wanted without them. b:bye

Sure you see one or two on an old server with thousands of players and years of playtime? So only 1 or 2 wizzies (or clerics or whatever) on such big servers can have them? Crappy advice is crappy.

Really now? Cause I've seen quite a few on HL which is younger then the older servers.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    -12% ring in auction for 40mil
    b:bye
  • Noc - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    -12% ring in auction for 40mil

Get dat shizit MrHanky. b:laugh
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That ring on AH could've been recycled, it doesn't mean it's a brand new crafted one... and I never seen one here (not even twice -3% channeling which has same chance). Solandri, I believe, made some statistical analysis and let's just say chances were abysmally small based on pwdatabase.com chance table. (for OHT items I mean)
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i got nuff channel now and i know someone with -12 belt or necklace i forgot which it was
    they have had it for a while
    and i think the ring was 80 mil i mistyped cause someone was walking toward my desk
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That ring on AH could've been recycled, it doesn't mean it's a brand new crafted one... and I never seen one here (not even twice -3% channeling which has same chance). Solandri, I believe, made some statistical analysis and let's just say chances were abysmally small based on pwdatabase.com chance table. (for OHT items I mean)

so are the odds for hitting the lotto but people seem to do it daily
    strange huh?
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1 out of a million win lottery that's liek totally legit advice, now we know 1 out of a million people who read this thread and decide to go demon will be the lucky one! b:victory

(I'm demon but let's just say I'm fine with less -channeling b:cute)
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    NOOO
    PLAY THE LOTTO!!b:mischievous
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1 out of a million win lottery that's liek totally legit advice, now we know 1 out of a million people who read this thread and decide to go demon will be the lucky one! b:victory

lol I know right?
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Noc - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options

Theres only 2 ornaments with 2 -6 on the build I said I would make. MrHanky says theres a ring in ah right now, not sure cause I havent logged on. If I had a demon wiz on HL I could have 1 of those 2 ornaments right now. How do you consider this hard to obtain?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh I certainly bow to your exceptional fapping to 50 chi when it isn't even the most practical way to gain chi, except for giving yourself stone barrier from the start, but the embellishment you created over it when you can just cast a few frostblades which takes a mere couple seconds longer.. shows utter failure akin to most players who don't know much, yet don't pretend they do like you.

No, I referred to you as an unbuffed pylon. I'm sure a goldfish has better reading comprehension than you.

And congrats, you know I recognize it's a "perk". How many times does one need to recognize it for you to comprehend -- oh right, the goldfish thing..

A perk is a benefit, but not awesomely awesome to the embellished extent you keep hilariously asserting. I guess because I don't **** to a chi skill like you do it means, well, whatever elementary school ad hominem you borishly wish to make up.

So liek zomg u dunt use genie energy for chi skill it r so amazign! Even tho liek in order to use it more than once per minuet u gotta die a lot it's so awsum!1 Oh and even after the frist minuet if you haev cloud more than level 1 by teh tiem you get to use your 2nd chi skill cluod has already given you more chi than teh epic (!!!) chi skill. Oh and only a nub use chi skill in PVP cuz we r liek talking about every instnace of PVP and not TW nao, oh and only a nub nao uses cloud if they gotta DD Snakefist cuz chi skill duz so awsum. Oh, sorry, I didn't realize my nerdrage was supposed to mimic yours. Did I interrupt the chi skill fapping again?

Overall chi/min goes to cloud, not chi skill, oh brilliant one, unless you leave your magic at 5, in which case, congrats, you are even more brilliant, well, in the zomgAdroitlubschiskill fashion. Chi skill does not get you there faster if you have 50 or more points into magic on genie. My wiz has 95. So looks like my wiz beats the living **** out of yours in gaining chi. And hilariously to gain chi, more than cloud, I do ticky tack gush pyro snare combos until I have the chi to do ultis -- hey, that's the reason you went sage right? It must be great with that dying before the 60 second cooldown is up so you can use it again. So pro -- not. You're one of the biggest fail wizards I've seen. Ever. b:chuckle

Ahhhh, you finally admitted it. Glad you finally came around. The rest of this post is simply you taking out your emo problems on me, and trying to mince words/change the subject so you can save face. I've apparently successfully gotten my point across, and its obvious you will never stop even though you've already admitted defeat. So, unless you can come up with something of any substance to debate (or in your case call names and never really address the issue).. I'll go back to playing the game.

Maybe next time you'll find something to argue about that you actually have a chance at winning. b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Theres only 2 ornaments with 2 -6 on the build I said I would make. MrHanky says theres a ring in ah right now, not sure cause I havent logged on. If I had a demon wiz on HL I could have 1 of those 2 ornaments right now. How do you consider this hard to obtain?
    *rolls a wiz on HL*
    *can't find the ring cause you bought it*
    *ragequits*

b:surrender
  • Noc - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *rolls a wiz on HL*
    *can't find the ring cause you bought it*
    *ragequits*

b:surrender

LMAO, I wish I had 80 mil to blow like that. b:cry
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ahhhh, you finally admitted it. Glad you finally came around. The rest of this post is simply you taking out your emo problems on me, and trying to mince words/change the subject so you can save face. I've apparently successfully gotten my point across, and its obvious you will never stop even though you've already admitted defeat. So, unless you can come up with something of any substance to debate (or in your case call names and never really address the issue).. I'll go back to playing the game.

Maybe next time you'll find something to argue about that you actually have a chance at winning. b:chuckle
    Translation: I fail and can't address any points you made therefore I'll make up a bunch of **** and pretend I won something. b:bye

Reading would have been nice, as you would have stopped after the first few pages, instead of an exercise of fail reading comprehension:
    Indeed it's useful right after you die to get your barrier up, if that's all you're going to buff yourself with.

Maybe next time you won't fail so badly at an argument and prove slightly less of a fail wizard and player. Can't overemphasize enough the amount of fail.
  • Prohibited - Heavens Tear
    Prohibited - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    (or in your case call names and never really address the issue)

this is ironic
    [SIGPIC]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4183/sgtdrunkramble.png[/SIGPIC]
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear: "I QUIT THE FORM'S FROM NOW U ALL JUST FORM TROLL'S AND TALK **** ALL TIME MEET ME IN PvP U GOT SOMTHING TO SAYb:shocked"
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Dunno why any class talks about sage chi skill as a perk anymore
    I recognize it's a "perk"

LULZ, you already lost.. and not only that.. you admitted you lost. You're done now, calling me fail doesn't change that you were trying to defend an impossible position. You made this wayyyyyyyyy too easy. b:victory

edit: oh and Abysm, I set the topic/issue when I first responding to his post. Not only that, but he started the name calling.. so I did stay on topic (being that whatever I said was the topic), the trash talk was more of a response.. anyway not as ironic as it may have seemed :)
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Stopped reading there. Obvious, n00b is obvious.
    Sad fail wiz fails again..

Lose wut?
    he started the name calling
    the trash talk was more of a response
    anyway not as ironic as it may have seemed

Oh I definitely see the irony. And it gets worse every time you post.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sad fail wiz fails again..

Lose wut?

Oh I definitely see the irony. And it gets worse every time you post.

I fell like I'm debating with a 10 year old, doesn't even know what he's arguing about after a few mins. Twas fun brah.
  • EverDoom - Harshlands
    EverDoom - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hmm so after reading this whole topic and being very confused, which one would be better tw orientated?
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sage for TW. That's not debatable, and this is coming from a demon wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prohibited - Heavens Tear
    Prohibited - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sage for TW. That's not debatable, and this is coming from a demon wizard.

this
    asdfsf
    [SIGPIC]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4183/sgtdrunkramble.png[/SIGPIC]
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear: "I QUIT THE FORM'S FROM NOW U ALL JUST FORM TROLL'S AND TALK **** ALL TIME MEET ME IN PvP U GOT SOMTHING TO SAYb:shocked"
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I fell like I'm debating with a 10 year old, doesn't even know what he's arguing about after a few mins. Twas fun brah.
    It's ok, I felt like I was debating with someone who has the intelligence of a garden vegetable. Fun, but very limiting. b:bye
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    WOW!

Was gone for a few days...

My little ol' thread with such a simple question starts Perfect World War Three!
    b:thanks

Probably will go Sage. 90% of guild mates seem headed that way as well.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Probably will go Sage. 90% of guild mates seem headed that way as well.
    That's why you should go demon :P
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Does it even matter anymore with the sage/demon switch item?....and seriously people need to grow a brain and think for themselves not what everyone else is doing.

*flashes tranny boobies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That's why you should go demon :P

my guild has 25 mages
    5 are sage
    20 are demon
    b:surrenderi went sage to be different
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL. Fun thread. I am one undined sandstorm away from 89 and still not sure which path to take. Evidently, unless you've played both sides through end game, it's more or less impossible to form a definite judgment of which is better. By "better" I mean the most potentially powerful.

From this thread, I understand that sage is better for TW. Demon is better for PK. But, unless I missed it, there is no explanation why. I understand that demons have a greater potential ability to decrease channeling time, while sages have potentially more powerful ults. This is interesting because I want BOTH. lol

Evidently, the hell barrier is stronger than heaven, but not to such an extent that it's noticable. The sage can produce more chi, but with the genie, demons seem to be able to make up for it. But, I'm not buying (literally and figuratively) the argument that demons are better suited to the monied players. That appeared to be a second hand and biased assertion. And, this is the first time I read that TW is dying. What was the basis for that assertion?

In any event, playing wizard is endlessly complicated. That's why it's the best class, IMO.

Peace out you crazy, lovable wizards. :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL. Fun thread. I am one undined sandstorm away from 89 and still not sure which path to take. Evidently, unless you've played both sides through end game, it's more or less impossible to form a definite judgment of which is better. By "better" I mean the most potentially powerful.

From this thread, I understand that sage is better for TW. Demon is better for PK. But, unless I missed it, there is no explanation why. I understand that demons have a greater potential ability to decrease channeling time, while sages have potentially more powerful ults. This is interesting because I want BOTH. lol

Evidently, the hell barrier is stronger than heaven, but not to such an extent that it's noticable. The sage can produce more chi, but with the genie, demons seem to be able to make up for it. But, I'm not buying (literally and figuratively) the argument that demons are better suited to the monied players. That appeared to be a second hand and biased assertion. And, this is the first time I read that TW is dying. What was the basis for that assertion?

In any event, playing wizard is endlessly complicated. That's why it's the best class, IMO.

Peace out you crazy, lovable wizards. :)

The main advantage of demon is the -channeling (demon spark/wellspring quaff/pyro/d.pyro/glacial snare). Other benefits include an extra 3% crit (demon masteries.. but still debatable whether it is 1 or 3% extra crit with all 3), and slightly better control skills (stone rain, pitfall, hailstorm, emberstorm).

The main advantage of sage is chi gaining (chi skill, pyro, distance shrink, BT, MS) and sage BIDS (50% chance to increase crit by 30% for 10 secs).

I really think that if you are not focusing on -channeling, you'd be better off as sage, but thats just my opinion. TW is all about dropping ultis (requires alot of chi) which is why sage is generally thought of as better for TW. I personally think sage is just as good if not better than demon for pvp, but maybe that's because 90% of the demon mages I find don't have much -channeling.. so they don't really benefit from their cultivation as much as they could be.

TW is dying because the reward got nerfed from 10mil coins/territory per week to 150 mirages/territory per week. It's just not worth going anymore, and from what I hear.. this has been reflecting the number, length, and intensity of the TW's since the change.
This discussion has been closed.