Sage or Demon?

12345679»

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wow Mage no need to get aggressive and harsh here.. Noone is fighting. Well noone was talking about unmatched dominance, be careful when choosing words. I stated that demon SB gives you better survivability and therefore also directs your play style.

I also remember my very good friend Surfergirl ( I miss you :(( ) that was playing back then and was ruling the pk rankings before she departed from the game. She was a sage beast and she was the only sage wizard that was not stuck on her way. She always used to say I chose sage because it was the right choice for me. And everytime she would see other sage wizards flaming demon wizards she would just tell them to ****. LOL Anyhow I played along Surfergirl's side many many times and had her in my squad in TW also many many times. Here it comes. When it came to pk Surfergirl was a beast and people feared her on OT like no other. EQ used to have her name on the top "have to kill" list in TW. However as greatly as Surfergirl shined in pk in TW most people did not want to squad with her. The reasoning was that she wanted to play TW as she used to play pk. Surfer was a very offensive player and never backed down. That created a problem for her in TW as she was getting mowed down left and right and you would see her more dead than alive. Then you had other sage wizards coming after like Mizuoni that wanted to play very deffensive and I showed him that he could be more aggressive but not crazy like Surfer. And he did much better in TW than her. b:kiss

I don't know what I have done to you Mage that you have to become so violent in your words, but you are not the only wizard with experience. There are plenty of wizards with knowledge and its all about accepting each other and maybe being open to someone elses views.

A video will come no worries, but since Calamity disbanded and EQ is a great deal weaker than they used to be ones there are no interesting and tough TWs going on on Dreamweaver server. Maybe in a few weeks we will start having tougher battles again as the two biggest factions are getting closer to each other. You don't want to see a video of a roll over there is no point to it.

The only caustic quip in my response was directed more towards BLOODMYSTIC and not you. I don't see my response being anything but painfully blunt. It was neither intended to be harsh nor aggressive.

I will not argue the fact that Wizzard was one of the best mages in pk. However, I remember when Mizuoni would always try to troll Iron_Chef_Jr and Wizzard in EQ guild chat about choosing demon. When asked about his choice of cultivation, Wizzard always told me that he suffered from sage bids envy and that would be the end of the discussion.

Like I said before, the pros/cons of sage vs demon wizzes make both classes equally viable. I am in no way asserting that one cultivation is better than another. In fact, my guild leader is a very successful demon wiz.

I've watched SurferGirl pk and TW before and I wasn't impressed at all. All she ever did in pk was fow->sutra->undine->sleep->ms->random spell whenever she asked for a 1v1 against anyone with her then +11 cv wand. If you're looking for a good TW mage, Stormyy was among the best.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    u guys still fight over this?
    lol...

and Fizz, Surfer's Lunar wand was +12 before she quit...or got banned, or whatever happened.b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    u guys still fight over this?
    lol...

and Fizz, Surfer's Lunar wand was +12 before she quit...or got banned, or whatever happened.b:chuckle

Well.. SurferGirl was nice in the beginning, then she started csing like mad and it all got to her head. She made stupid equipment choices (Like sharding g11 shards in an OHT top with only one pdef modifier). She thought she was the best wizard on the server when she was averagely skilled with better than average gear. She did put some thought in combos but wasn't very creative. To be honest, tehre were some good TW mages on DW but pk wise I wasn't really impressed by most, including myself in retrospective. I wouldn't still say I am more than a decent wizard, but I am definitely better than I was back then...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well.. SurferGirl was nice in the beginning, then she started csing like mad and it all got to her head. She made stupid equipment choices (Like sharding g11 shards in an OHT top with only one pdef modifier). She thought she was the best wizard on the server when she was averagely skilled with better than average gear. She did put some thought in combos but wasn't very creative. To be honest, tehre were some good TW mages on DW but pk wise I wasn't really impressed by most, including myself in retrospective. I wouldn't still say I am more than a decent wizard, but I am definitely better than I was back then...
    b:cuteYou are always in my top 5 xeggypoo<3
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:cuteYou are always in my top 5 xeggypoo<3

You should watch me PK on LC sometime, I fight totally different than back on Dreamweaver. But there a too many random sins jumping me. And if you manage to kill one, they will try over and over till they get you for the next two hours. I think they take getting killed when stealth ambushing you as a personal insult in the region of blasphemy...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    Elendria - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well Surfergirl performance is debatable. In TW I agree she was not my favorite to choose from as she always went on her own pk killing spree and got herself killed too fast and was basically of not much help to the squad.

Pk wise she might have not been the most creative one, but she was ruling the pk ranks still by far. She was miles ahead in ok kills from anybody else and she was feared on OT. I watched her many times and saw bms and barbs running for their lives from her. To other wizards it might not have been impressive but apperently bms and barbs were scared.

Stormyy I cannot say anything about him because he quit the game long before Mage, wizard and Surfer left this server. I think he even gave all his gear over to the cleric featherstone if I am not wrong. Anyhow I have not seen much of Stormyy unfortunately as when I joined Calamity in October of 2009 he left I think only 2-3 months after. He has been gone for 1.5 years from Dreamweaver server.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Do you have cloud eruption on a pure STR genie?

That really should help you with some of that chi dependance. I'm in the process of turning some of my junk genies into Cloud Eruption genies for my upcoming alts (Sin and possibly cleric, though mostly just for Sin).

You can also use Chi Pots...

But... ultimately, it comes down to how much dps you can do without spark. :p

Actually I do have a genie made purely for the sake of cloud eruption. Str genie with high enough vit to use cloud, and the extra is in magic so that eruption can recharge quicker.
    Problem is, I have to pull out a gimped genie if I want to build chi. Cloud eruption is an affinity heavy skill, so it's hard for me to put it on a decent genie.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited May 2011

She didn't put any thought in those combos. They were posted on wiz forums by someone quoting a CN mage who had dubbed it the "ultimate combo" a long long time ago.
    Well Surfergirl performance is debatable. In TW I agree she was not my favorite to choose from as she always went on her own pk killing spree and got herself killed too fast and was basically of not much help to the squad.

Pk wise she might have not been the most creative one, but she was ruling the pk ranks still by far. She was miles ahead in ok kills from anybody else and she was feared on OT.

TW kills count as pk kills and on a PVE server, that's where most of the killcounts come from.
This discussion has been closed.