An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's official that TW is dead. PWI is actually banning smaller guild leaders for not mustering full 80 rosters, that can last for more than 5 mins against the largest, best equipped and more experienced faction (i.e the one that holds all the land).
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • boumc4
    boumc4 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    We're still gathering data on how the TW changes have impacted gameplay across all servers

you must be one blind inbred, that's all i can think of...
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's official that TW is dead. PWI is actually banning smaller guild leaders for not mustering full 80 rosters, that can last for more than 5 mins against the largest, best equipped and more experienced faction (i.e the one that holds all the land).

I am fed up as much as the next person, but, lolwut?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I am fed up as much as the next person, but, lolwut?

One of the smaller faction leaders on my server got banned for "fake bidding" because they only had about 40 people at most and got rolled in 5 minutes against the best faction on our server.

Though there are rumors that certain members in another faction had a hand in reporting it as fake bidding...

Edit: And Kanto confirmed it. Small factions will be banned if they choose to participate in TW.

Either way they die
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    One of the smaller faction leaders on my server got banned for "fake bidding" because they only had about 40 people at most and got rolled in 5 minutes against the best faction on our server.

That's between 3-5 times what most other factions send against us. Other than EQ and Dyna, that's far and away the most we have faced recently. Had a faction just last weekend send 6 people. . . build towers specifically to tick charms, then stand in a corner and not even try to attack.

That said, every couple of weeks we'll have a small faction attack purely because their members want to see what TW is like even if they get rolled in 5 minutes - I fully respect that . . . but now it's bannable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Dear 'caring' GMs,

Some of the smaller factions on this game do not have full rosters because they are not large enough. Some of these smaller factions are not TWing because of a nerdrage to try and own the whole map, no. They are TWing to try and have fun playing the game, even if it means going up against overwhelming odds.

Yes. Some of the factions may be fake bidding. And yes, some of them may be doing it to backhandedly try and save an ally land.

But no, not all of them are. That's right, some of the small guilds are TWing FOR FUN.

Please be the "caring" GMs we all know you are, and stop this bull****tery before it gets any more out of hand then you have already let it.

Lots of not mutual "care"

~ Your player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    That's between 3-5 times what most other factions send against us. Other than EQ and Dyna, that's far and away the most we have faced recently. Had a faction just last weekend send 6 people. . . build towers specifically to tick charms, then stand in a corner and not even try to attack.

And yet, those leaders are still online.

TW is now officially under a dictatorship.

Either way they die
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Those rules are the biggest load of **** I've ever seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Those rules are the biggest load of **** I've ever seen.

Oh, I agee.

Either way they die
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it is a pity that the harsh action that has been taken recently (with somewhat dubious reasoning) has not be actively carried out in the past where there have been very obviously fake bids (where the refund for the bidding faction was the minimum O.o so probably 1 or 2 members bidding on a land held by a level 3 faction so probably upwards of 120+ members) that have been allowed to slide. If the rules were enforced from day 1 there would not be the anger there is now. And surely it is up to each faction to decided if they wish to take part in TW - even if they know they are gonna get rolled.

Back when we were swapping lands with Dynasty down near the bottom of the map, we attacked Calamity 1 week, just for the hell of it. We knew we had next to no chance but we wanted to test ourselves against the biggest faction on the server. We did well.. for about 10 mins then we got rolled hard. And that was when we were considered in the top 3 or 4 TW factions in the server. Despite the loss it was a fun TW - we learned that we had a lot to learn - but if you do not give players the opportunity to stretch themselves they will never try and you will end up with a lot of empty servers. It is only by allowing smaller factions to attack the larger ones that the up and coming players interested in TW will ever get any experience.

/soapbox. please return to the regularly scheduled QQ ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • WilliamVII - Dreamweaver
    WilliamVII - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've never complained on the forums before, but this is just such massive bull.

My faction is a level 3 faction, with 180 high level members. We've won TW and held land on 2 separate instances, and yet just because we decided to take it to the next level and actually try to attack the strongest faction in the server, we get hit with a ban for a "fake bid"? This is total massive bullcrap. Whoever keeps closing the forum topics of us complaining about our leader's ban is an *******. I don't care if you guys have polices to live up to, but not even giving the chance for 180+ members to fight for our leader's rights is total bull****.
  • fuzziethepurple
    fuzziethepurple Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well like I said in another thread..this may not be so bad as people think. It can drop gold prices because of the hugely less amount of coins coming in to the game each week, and it could also force uncharmed TW which would make it more realistic and dangerous and fun :D
    Also enable poor people like myself to actually get kills in there :(

best idea.........ever
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The quote in Shulkie's siggie is the only good thing I've seen come of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Umm...wow, GMs. So now my faction can't bid on some random land just so we can go in and grab antidotes for tm89 Eden anymore? Can you make those available through the regular pharmacy NPC then or something?

Or, you know, just keep tabs on the land-owning guilds to make sure they're not fake-bidding? Is it really that hard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Or, you know, just keep tabs on the land-owning guilds to make sure they're not fake-bidding? Is it really that hard?

That would require actual modding work. Which apparently, IS too hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I remember a fake bid by PapaJohns before. Everyone on the server knew it was fake without even having to try. There was no ban for it, no repercussion, and, naturally, it was a crystal walk TW. Yet legitimate factions are getting banned for "fake bids" just because they're trying to test themselves and the new rules are such BS that it's not even worth commenting on.

Which brings up this question.... WTF do they pay the staff to do and who's the idiot in charge of making this ****?
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    who's the idiot in charge of making this ****?

I don't know. But I have steel-toed boots with their name on 'em.

Either way they die
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    still waiting for an "early" gm response.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't know. But I have steel-toed boots with their name on 'em.

I have to be honest.

Whoever is in charge of these decisions has balls of steels themselves, because there's no way you can implement a change like this and expect it to go down well. I have a feeling this was done with knowledge in mind of how many it may upset. You might need more then steel-toed boots to make your point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tinaaaaaa - Lost City
    Tinaaaaaa - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They obviously do not care about the players anymore.. duhhhh b:bye
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Well, I'm off to warn my faction leader to not bid on Cala this week. Least he get banned, since we don't have 80 lvl 100s for it.

Either way they die
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    these changes have a lot of people upset but i'm not going to comment on that. What i am going to point out is that according to the TW rules, once you own a tier 1 territory you cannot declare war on another tier 1 territory. Evidently this is a bug that if PW had bothered to fix you would not have one faction owning the map. Most of it but not all. So we have another problem affecting lots of people that PW as usual does nothing about.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How's that data coming, Frankieraye? Do you expect us to wait forever?

*thinks back to DQ thread*

Ah......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They obviously do not care about the players anymore.. duhhhh b:bye

Tinaaaaaaaa b:dirtyb:kissb:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Fistus - Harshlands
    Fistus - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Come on GMs. It's hard to defend ANYTHING you do when you make boneheaded decisions like this. You need to unban and issue an apology asap.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't see why we're expected to post here. This thread is to discuss the patch that changed the bid system and reward system, NOT to discuss the official statement on the policy regarding bidding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I don't see why we're expected to post here. This thread is to discuss the patch that changed the bid system and reward system, NOT to discuss the official statement on the policy regarding bidding.

You've been around the forum long enough that this comment dump by the mods really shouldn't come as a surprise, and it shouldn't to anyone else who's been around that long as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Over_Kill - Lost City
    Over_Kill - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So they want us to discuss the new bidding changes in this old tw change thread.

What is the point when they will not read it even if it has over 9000 posts.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm not surprised, just pointing out that this isn't the thread to discuss the post made by kantorek in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    A fair point. Unfortunately a useless one. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.