Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I believe this is an issue that DOES need more time to figure out.

Especially since some people are saying it is possible to complete the instances.

I do wish we had a larger sample size because the type of player contributing on here doesn't usually represent the "average-geared" player. Though it is nice to know that there are already strategies being developed by people who I'd say like to be the best at instances/have the best gear.

Overall, I think increased challenge is better than another nerf. Choosing TT, like people have said, is a bit unfair since it's been around for so long.

It also seems like the biggest problem is with 3-1, because 80-90 is no longer endgame elite, TT90 gears no longer the best you can get, so the instance should not be that difficult. Also it seems the most outlandish to expect those players to survive.

Anyone in the 80-90 level range please describe your experiences and gear and squad composition. With more data from different people it'll be far easier to decide whether this is an unfair challenge or an appropriate adjustment.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yashino wrote: »
    b:angry g7s are free.

So cheap b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    is there any point to this thread?

Frankie is just gonna say "Well i actually like it so stuff ya'll"

... just like the last discussion thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just tried 3-1 myself in a party of levels 82, 83, 83, 85 and 100.

Dark Coll.

Aoe seal, Aoe purge, aoe hp debuff. My hp went from 11.4k in tiger to 6k.

A bit later he 1 shotted the entire party at once other than myself. I started to run but got hit for 4k which took me down.

Steelation

Aoe stun, aoe hp debuff, aoe manaleak, 5 aps didn't hit too hard but when he hits that FAST I can't take it lol.

Overpowered bossesb:surrender
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think the change is good (below will be about lv100+ instances)
    So many high lvls complained they dont get enough challenge, now they do, too bad for the fact that they experienced prior easy runs.

For many people, including me the challenge about HH back then was to even have the time to do it. For me, HH was perfectly fine even if most of the bosses would look like tards for just standing there taking hits while all they have to do is kill the cleric. Why was it fine? Because if you take into account the amount of time to complete one HH for the average player over the drops that you get, it's a lot of time, which for information not many people have enough.

Really Deceptistar, if you want to play a challenging game go find an RTS or FFS so you can show your great skills, otherwise shut up because many people only can play 3 hours per day and don't have overpowered gear.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    DO YOU KNOW THE COST OF TT90 GREEN MATS NOW???? GBA ALONE IS 1.5MIL PER DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU NEED FOR TT90 CHEST? 5 THAT'S 7.5MIL
    GBAs used to be like +2m before all the x2 started... One of the reasons I always used a leg chest before <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GBAs used to be like +2m before all the x2 started... One of the reasons I always used a leg chest before <.<

Ugh, I remember that...We were so happy when we got them as drops, but sooo unmotivated to try to buy them for gear...

Haven't tried the tough boss yet with a squad...kinda curious now, lol.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Neoardar - Harshlands
    Neoardar - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Please discuss Twilight Temple changes from the most recent patch here.

Thanks!

When a thread is made for discussion on new changes Also there should be a Poll so player can vote.

I see players argue with each other like fools without a solution. PWI just wait wait wait watch and have fun reading it b:laughb:cryb:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For many people, including me the challenge about HH back then was to even have the time to do it. For me, HH was perfectly fine even if most of the bosses would look like tards for just standing there taking hits while all they have to do is kill the cleric. Why was it fine? Because if you take into account the amount of time to complete one HH for the average player over the drops that you get, it's a lot of time, which for information not many people have enough.

Really Deceptistar, if you want to play a challenging game go find an RTS or FFS so you can show your great skills, otherwise shut up because many people only can play 3 hours per day and don't have overpowered gear.
    you might like hello kitty online b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you might like hello kitty online b:bye

To lazy to find ur post xD. But you cant tell me MAJORITy of the people have all legendary necklace, cape, rings, belt. I bet majority have NPC stuff. That is why for the NPC. b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To lazy to find ur post xD. But you cant tell me MAJORITy of the people have all legendary necklace, cape, rings, belt. I bet majority have NPC stuff. That is why for the NPC. b:surrender
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9760002&postcount=169

no i had all normal accessories too, but i did put in the effort so its non npc merchants
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    K so I quit the game a few weeks ago, what exactly happened to TT? (I'm stalking forums when I have nothing better to do.)
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • crystalynnex
    crystalynnex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    K so I quit the game a few weeks ago, what exactly happened to TT? (I'm stalking forums when I have nothing better to do.)

Twilight Temple Act III
    Tweaked the Boss AI/Aggro behavior to increase the difficulty.

^from this week's patch notes

GBA boss does some crazy **** now and the BH 3-3 boss has every single debuff in the game or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

"you can compare alcohol to a woman; she can make you feel so high, or she can make you miserable that it's far beyond everything." -AL
  • Masuna - Harshlands
    Masuna - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    READ the fine print !! with these last few patches Perfectworld has just told everyone of its players to spend money or uninstall

R.I.P. Perfectworld
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    filter circumvention -Frankieraye
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Twilight Temple Act III
    Tweaked the Boss AI/Aggro behavior to increase the difficulty.

^from this week's patch notes

GBA boss does some crazy **** now and the BH 3-3 boss has every single debuff in the game or something like that.

Ah I see, well there goes chances of TT99...not like I play anymore.
    READ the fine print !! with these last few patches Perfectworld has just told everyone of its players to spend money or uninstall

R.I.P. Perfectworld

^This

/browsing forums
  • Neoardar - Harshlands
    Neoardar - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When a thread is made for discussion on new changes Also there should be a Poll so player can vote.

I see players argue with each other like fools without a solution. PWI just wait wait wait watch and have fun reading it b:laughb:cryb:laugh

Still no Poll
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Still no Poll

Because it wouldn't make a difference, 9001% of the community could say they don't approve, and the developers still wouldn't do anything. Why? Because the PWI community has proven in the past that when the developers do something they don't like, they rant for a few weeks, maybe a couple of months at most, and then get over it. Nothing short of a boycott on boutique (not gonna happen from my experience), or a mass amount of quits (note that unless is CSer's quitting they won't care) will make any form of difference.

PS: If this gets me banned cus I'm rude to some peoples off in China that ignore the players, oh well I already quit the game. b:victory
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Spend money or leave? I'll leave. W*rld o* W*rc*a*t, *cough*I mean some other unnamed game*cough*, has better gameplay anyways.

And what does GBA stand for??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Spend money or leave? I'll leave. W*rld o* W*rc*a*t, *cough*I mean some other unnamed game*cough*, has better gameplay anyways.

And what does GBA stand for??

GBA=Giant Beasts Armor

And no no, A*ka O*lin* is where its at.
  • rikku2009
    rikku2009 Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i love tt 3 -1 to the point my friend and i do it all day long. it got us his lunar bow and many other items.. but then do tt 3 -1 today and find u get 2 hit and die by agro by the GBA boss ( the boss that drops good mats ) is really sad. i wish this patch didn't come out at all. also the drop rate sucks go in for a hour and 30 mins come back with 1 drop thats worth 150k. i can get more coins just farming herbs... and thats prob next take half of the herbs out of game and raise the amount of herbs to make a potion.

veno lvl 90 herc :(
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just another ridiculous change, shouldn't have happened to TT.. give more attention the bugs there has been for far longer time, that will be gladly appreciated ..

b:surrender
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rikku2009 wrote: »
    i love tt 3 -1 to the point my friend and i do it all day long. it got us his lunar bow and many other items.. but then do tt 3 -1 today and find u get 2 hit and die by agro by the GBA boss ( the boss that drops good mats ) is really sad. i wish this patch didn't come out at all

veno lvl 90 herc :(

Did you know that by lvl 101 an armored bear has more hp than a lvl 101 herc?
  • rikku2009
    rikku2009 Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did you know that by lvl 101 an armored bear has more hp than a lvl 101 herc?

that maybe so i dont know since not lvl 101 but the hercs p res is still higher then the bear. and the p res what counts not hp
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    that maybe so i dont know since not lvl 101 but the hercs p res is still higher then the bear. and the p res what counts not hp

Just pointing out (contrary to popular belief) that venos don't need a herc to tank. Can easily have an armored bear of equal level do it as well.
  • propan1ol
    propan1ol Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    (raises hand) 89 demon herc'd veno here.

I never planned on farming my tt90 gears (I never expected to be 90 anyways). In fact I would much rather buy my gears in AH than farm the mats myself. Therefore when I solo TT squad mode it's usually for cash.

Recently started tanking 3-1, and I agree that 3-1 old version was rather bland. That said, I'm terrified of seeing what new 3-1 looks like, considering Dark Colluseast is 3-1's main cash cow. I won't be in the new 3-1 for now, so the changes don't affect me in that way. But I will be working up the coins for tt90, and knowing GBAs are going to inflate like pufferfish, it's gonna be a lot harder to get geared.

IRL cash spent on game so far: $10
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did any of you stop posting nonsense and arguing and actually went and test the mob kill count bug theory? I'd like to find out if that actually is the case. I tried getting a squad to do it, but no one even wants to do 3-3 at all.

So, someone should go in to 3-3 and skip a bunch of mobs and go to Steelation and see what it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I tried 3-3 as a BH earlier... ok here is the problem...

You can no longer go with a random squad because you now will have to look at everyones gear. Some under geared person goes in... and in theory this is to get your 99 gear right. Well they get wiped the cleric stops healing to res someone the barb (wearing TT90) dies... this is the usual combo.... and I run the hell away because you see it coming when one person falls.

So basically it limits people to not have any desire to go with strangers which means less people doing it overall... and I thought this was a online game not a do it yourself with your usual group game... might as well fire up one of my game consoles and play a 4 player racer.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did any of you stop posting nonsense and arguing and actually went and test the mob kill count bug theory? I'd like to find out if that actually is the case. I tried getting a squad to do it, but no one even wants to do 3-3 at all.

So, someone should go in to 3-3 and skip a bunch of mobs and go to Steelation and see what it does.

I bet he will be like normal then b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

It's not so. Armored Bear is 3524HP at 100, Herc is 4630 at 101. No way does an AB gain over 1k HP in a level. The Armored Bear has very limited use and becomes obsolete. It's not worth hatching.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
This discussion has been closed.