An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is not even Rank 8 now...with Rank 9 coming out, it would be better for a system such as this.

And have you even thought about the distribution of a set # of Rep badges divided between 80 people? O.o

It is not like people would hit Rank 8 over night...hell it is like many things, you could farm it faster.

Keep in mind too NOT all ideas people will like, but the majority here seem to think that the Mirage system is a complete joke. At least Rep would give something for people to work for...a goal...no goal = why are you playing? It is something...

If you do not like the idea of Rep, what would you suggest? Like frankie asked...A non-coin reward for the Land Holding Guilds....

Liar...b:cute

Not lying I said this in vent before I left to talk to Allie lol like way early in the day too. b:beatenup
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This was my idea I believe or at least several of us chatting in vent. This should definitely get a serious look into, I mean you are giving out an item that requires rep to use, so giving out rep with the item is a HUGE incentive to do TW.

As for other ideas you are giving out mirages already possibly tossing in some refining aids such as tienkang, tisha, or chienkun stones. Just my thoughts (inb4Elaynesaysit)

^ QFT
    Not lying I said this in vent before I left to talk to Allie lol like way early in the day too. b:beatenup

b:scorn

HAI SUSA b:cuteb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Elayne - Lost City
    Elayne - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The reason everyone is upset with the TW changes right now is because it is pointless to own the lands. Mirages give no benefit to the faction who controls the land therefore less and less factions are participating in the TW.

Giving Reputation as a reward makes sense, and the values proposed would be shareable amongst the guild, or could be sold in-game to other players. This wouldn't increase the amount of coin in the game, but it would redistribute it and help consume it.

My first choice would be the Reputation as it goes along with rank 9 item rewards.

1) Wraith Officer badges

Other possible rewards could be:

1) Tisha stones
    2) Tiankang stones
    3) Chienkun stones

These items are useful for refining and improving gear but it would again use up money in the game rather than infuse the game with more money. Also, since they are all chance based it would not guarantee that the gear improves. Also, with the land refining bonuses giving these items in addition to the Mirage stones actually makes sense and makes the mirage stones worthwhile. Again these items could be sold in-game which again provides a benefit for the people doing TW.

Another reward type would be some of the consumables that are used in TW.

1) Bronze/Silver/Gold Charms
    2) Vacuity Powders, Ironguard Powders, etc..

You could be smart about this too and give the faction that owns the land a certain number (20, 30, 40, 50) of the pots that are unique to that land each week. This goes along with the Land bonuses as well.

Just a few thoughts on ways to make the Territory War system worthwhile for factions who participate without injecting coins into the system.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I say anything to do with refining is bull.

As Red [?] said, mirages gets NPCed straight away. PWE wouldn't give out alot of tienkang & co because it's boutique item, and 10 is kinda hard to share.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's the difference between 1.5m and nothing? Not much. What's the difference between 10m and 1.5m? Alot.

I'd rather have reps than that 3 pathetic mirages.

Think about it this way... when one faction controls most of the map.. it not just 50 badges a week for lowest lvl land.. its 50x20 per week.. If they own higher lands it is more. It very quickly becomes them owning all glory badges for r9 + easy access to the rep required.

This is rough numbers.
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    anything is better then what we got so far, at least people are thinking with the GM's, which is always a good thing

*watches stock price go up*

b:thanks

*thinks there might be a connection,... unless Samoa just opened a major trading centre b:shocked *
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ Aubree: You do realize that on top of the Badges and the Rep, that is appears you will need 3bill in coins
    (appox $11k usd) for rank 9 right?

Also...Anything consumable...like Elayne mentioned...Pots, maybe a Charm Pack, etc would be better then mirages AND would give an incentive for any guild to hold land...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes. And the old [coin] system meant 10mx20 so you can just buy tokens and buy rank8/9 anyway.

I don't see the problem with 250k reps a week shared between a faction.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry for double post but:
    Also...Anything consumable...like Elayne mentioned...Pots, maybe a Charm Pack, etc would be better then mirages AND would give an incentive for any guild to hold land...

I like that too, something that can be used in the next TW is good. Although I like event gold myself.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think awarding Wraith Officer Badges is an interesting suggestion, and something I can propose to the Devs. What are some other non-coin rewards that you guys think might work?

Wraith officer badges??? How will that help?? Reputation is earned through FBs. I've been playing this game for 6 months, I've done over 20 hours of FBs and I've only gotten 9021 Reputation! How is this a positive suggestion? This is worst than that Estacy Card suggestion. This will make it way easier for the strongest factions on every server to become even stronger and stronger. Reputation should be earned through high-levels owning land so easy. This will become the most horrible change to TW ever. Why not give something that has no extraordinary benefit to a faction, that makes it unfair to others, like Territory War fashion for example? But I strongly disagree with the option of giving reputation to land holders, it skews the game to much in ones position. I also hope that others, everyone on other servers will disagree with the option as well, as they should.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Territory War fashion

You has me at fashion b:cuteb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bodine - Dreamweaver
    Bodine - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL the fun of getting together with your faction members...gearing up all week practice PK and doing well in TW in my opinion is incentive enough... b:victory b:pleased
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes. And the old [coin] system meant 10mx20 so you can just buy tokens and buy rank8/9 anyway.

I don't see the problem with 250k reps a week shared between a faction.

One faction on our server holds 30+ lands 28 of them would be the "50 rep badges" lands 50x28=1,400 rep badges...now they also own arch and 1k thats 300 more rep badges. 1,400+300= 1,700 rep badges / 80 people= approx 21 badges per player in tw.

@ red I know how much it would cost, and it is very doable.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ red I know how much it would cost, and it is very doable.

LOL...I never said it was not doable. Trust me on that one. But you are arguing the Rep when with Rank 9 = the Rep will be the easiest thing to get by far.

The rest is FAR out of the realm for many b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You has me at fashion b:cuteb:dirty
    You sound pretty nice, side with the no rep then i'll think about dinner+movie and...more colorful ideas with the fashion and duration, since TW is every weak then 7 day limit on fashion ?

• Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Think about it this way... when one faction controls most of the map.. it not just 50 badges a week for lowest lvl land.. its 50x20 per week.. If they own higher lands it is more. It very quickly becomes them owning all glory badges for r9 + easy access to the rep required.

This is rough numbers.

And this would be great incentive to do TW now wouldn't it? There has to be some reward actually worth getting or this game is now pointless unless you like to stare at fashion all day and talk about how pretty it makes your pixels look.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Territory war fashion is gonna get old after just 1 TW isn't it?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You sound pretty nice, side with the no rep then i'll think about dinner+movie and...more colorful ideas with the fashion and duration, since TW is every weak then 7 day limit on fashion ?

My Hubby would not approveb:chuckle..but Fashion would have me in TW every week b:cute
    And this would be great incentive to do TW now wouldn't it? There has to be some reward actually worth getting or this game is now pointless unless you like to stare at fashion all day and talk about how pretty it makes your pixels look.

^ and yet she/he does not agree with the idea b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dont see why packs arent just abolished and instead give tokens as rewards to people owning land, this way at least they get to pick there rewards and use the agent boutique system that is already in place, in the game.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Isn't the reward of ownling land, free teleports, majort apoths like ironguard and the honor of owning land an incentive?

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Isn't the reward of ownling land, free teleports, majort apoths like ironguard and the honor of owning land an incentive?

Not when anyone can get the pots b:chuckle

Dang spies b:angryb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Options
    @Aubree my quote doesn't work

21 badge = approx 500rep right? Now for rank8 [asumming you have 0 reps] it'll take 400weeks to get it.

edit @ ShadowofLife I said that, but no one picked up on it
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Aubree my quote doesn't work

21 badge = approx 500rep right? Now for rank8 [asumming you have 0 reps] it'll take 400weeks to get it.

edit @ ShadowofLife I said that, but no one picked up on it

Supposing you split it up like that.. If the faction decided to sink it into a specific player, its over 40k rep a week. 7 weeks to rank 9 then start on next player. Im sorry but even just 2 r9 players would make a huge difference in TW. Major land owning faction have the cash shoppers to acheive it quite quickly.
  • Elayne - Lost City
    Elayne - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There has to be a benefit for guilds to own land. It has to be something that sets them above other guilds, otherwise there is no reason for the faction to hold the lands.

Teleports to the land? It is only usable once every hour this is not a solid benefit.
    PK pots specific to the land? Everyone has access to these via people in guild this is also not a solid benefit.

The rewards listed above would not set the faction above other people unfairly. If you don't go to TW, don't prepare for TW you could spend your time running FBs, etc... Going to TW would just be another way to get reputation rewards. Other rewards were also listed.

I am pretty sure that a game is meant to have goals and the further your progress in the game the better the rewards should be. TW is the end-game of PWI it should have appropriate level rewards. For the smaller factions complaining this will make the bigger factions stronger there are ways to stop that. TW should have rewards which make those factions who control the land stronger/better/richer it just has to be in moderation and not so overpowered it is impossible for other guilds to compete.

The developers feel 10mil for a level 3 land / week is over powered and causing problems. We are trying to provide useful and beneficial rewards that would make everyone want to TW again. It costs a lot of money to TW every week as a faction (as mentioned earlier in this thread) and therefore the rewards should be equally as good.
  • quietwarrior
    quietwarrior Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Since the major changes recently to the game are largely due to the large factions which dominate the TW map and allegedly create fake bids....getting too much money etc... Perhaps a simplifed adjustment might work.

1. Limit the number of territories any one faction can own.

2. Reset the map

3. Reduce the amount of money given for TW land possessions.

4. Rethink the new bidding procedure 1 bid and thats it?

You guys are knowledgeable, the little faction isn't the problem....but the new changes

have made it so if you don't play with cash....the game play is limited to when you can get

away from farming to actually play the game. The idea of winning a TW is what keeps

people doing TW's but as it stands right now conducting a TW will make a medium faction

lose approx 2.2 million (not including the bid) Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Map reset solves the problem then.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The possibility of both a map reset and limiting the amount of lands factions can hold each to make it so that other factions can TW. More than like 12 different factions could TW vs. each other on each weekend.

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There has to be a benefit for guilds to own land. It has to be something that sets them above other guilds, otherwise there is no reason for the faction to hold the lands.

Teleports to the land? It is only usable once every hour this is not a solid benefit.Yea lets allow to use fac teles 3x an hour, I like that.
    PK pots specific to the land? Everyone has access to these via people in guild this is also not a solid benefit. Wrong, Calamity has 1k and direct use of IG, they kick members who give it out, as it is a deciding factor in them winning tw.

The rewards listed above would not set the faction above other people unfairly. If you don't go to TW, don't prepare for TW you could spend your time running FBs, etc... Going to TW would just be another way to get reputation rewards. Other rewards were also listed.

I am pretty sure that a game is meant to have goals and the further your progress in the game the better the rewards should be. TW is the end-game of PWI it should have appropriate level rewards. For the smaller factions complaining this will make the bigger factions stronger there are ways to stop that. TW should have rewards which make those factions who control the land stronger/better/richer it just has to be in moderation and not so overpowered it is impossible for other guilds to compete.

The developers feel 10mil for a level 3 land / week is over powered and causing problems. We are trying to provide useful and beneficial rewards that would make everyone want to TW again. It costs a lot of money to TW every week as a faction (as mentioned earlier in this thread) and therefore the rewards should be equally as good.

TW being end game should be the reason you TW.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Map reset + remove max 3 attacks at once will make sure 'big' factions cannot own too many lands. Also, re-roll the bidding changes to encourage smaller factions to bid.

When frankie said 'I will discuss this with the devs' the thread got resurrected as there is a new glimmer of hope b:victory
  • Frost/ - Dreamweaver20
    Frost/ - Dreamweaver20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hardly people dont wake up in the morning and say oh boy I'm going to teleport all over the map because its cool.

People need that End game motivation to get those cool weapons that we see pictures of and that pretty armor ,

placing a reward like reputation on the table that allows a player base to play tug of war for to gain something of great value, that takes a considerably long time to achieve but IS ACHIEVE-ABLE is whats going to keep a community together and strong.

not to mention it will increase sales, to elaborate, people trying to hurry to keep up with the said dominate factions, making said wars more competitive which is another goal of both PWI and the community, to get more rep badges, which will increase PWI's income making them happy , players will finally achieve rank 8 and a chosen few will finally hit rank 9 after much effort is exhausted, so the player base will be happy,

and TW will be fixed making the community happy .

b:pleased

And a possible Solution to keep abusers from taking to much advantage of the system that "could" be implemented,

you could have the developers talk among each other about having your actual game engine distribute reputation equal to the contribution the players put into TW, how many kills etc, much like the Nein event that would allow you guys to watch from afar hands free and have no worries what so ever b:cute

~Frost
This discussion has been closed.