An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oops sorry for creating a new thread I was so mad, sooo ......

We've gone from 7 defenses a week to no TW cos of your half baked stupid bidding system.

Yes you killed TW, hope you're happy.......
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dont be sorry provan <3
    Wonhalt
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oops sorry for creating a new thread I was so mad, sooo ......

We've gone from 7 defenses a week to no TW cos of your half baked stupid bidding system.

Yes you killed TW, hope you're happy.......

.................LOL!

on topic?: another month or 2 before a reply from a GM? keep hoping itll be good news..b:shutup
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    .................LOL!

on topic?: another month or 2 before a reply from a GM? keep hoping itll be good news..b:shutup

Read my above post maybe? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok i feel i need to make my own post in order for it to actually be read because you guys sure updated the servers last night but didnt fix anything like normal wich to me seems alot like you could care less wich if i was you id worry because your cash shopping folks are gunna leave in one week or less if its not fixed i sugest a emergency patch tonight because this is a boycott now three bids got placed on our server there hasnt been that few since it looked like mcdonald map to happy land i know you guys say post it here so ill leave a copy of it in here but i would like to start a new post to see what has happend to tw across all other servers not just mine so please dont ban my post when it comes up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just checking in to say:

Yes, we still hate the stupid update. Fix it, please.
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Read my above post maybe? b:cute

Fineb:nosebleed

ET:Missed that...sorry..ty
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fineb:nosebleed
    Good :3

Also, even with changes, we have about 10 TW's at the end of all the bidding on DW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Os_city - Harshlands
    Os_city - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok just 1 question to all gms out there tell me 1 reason why would i want to play this game more, why would i farm all those instances all those events waist so much time on getting better gear on getting charms and stuff like that when in 1 week since the patch and new tw system came out we gone from 7 tws to 0 we went from all that end week tw fun to that end week sitting and doing all that farming that we did all week long?
    And ty gms for making it easyer to bid on factions that are rich and that cs alot its realy a nice way to protect pwi farmers and ya put some more packs up for sale coz that way gold prices will never go down and maybe there will be no tws at all.

Have fun all b:bye
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Would also say that having 2 official threads relating to the same issue isn't the best. Makes sense to only have the one.
    frankie did nothing wrong there. It said to continue the discussion here.

Well in that case it would have been prudent to close this smaller thread than the actual one that shows all the rage....now wound it have not. That is if they had nothing to hide!!! b:angry

And truthfully i don't expect an answer from any of them on this issue just a closing of the thread so that it can also be buried (forgotten).

God I can't wait for September 14th to get here already.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Well in that case it would have been prudent to close this smaller thread than the actual one that shows all the rage....now wound it have not. That is if they had nothing to hide!!! b:angry

And truthfully i don't expect an answer from any of them on this issue just a closing of the thread so that it can also be buried (forgotten).

Perhaps it would have but I would say that as this thread had the most recent official response regarding the matter, I would understand why this one and not the other.

Don't think it mattered a huge deal which one got closed to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Exactly b:angry why the biggest thread?

Anyways I wanna see big changes next patch DEV-ils! b:angry
    TW as before why is so hard to understand PWi doesn't want this patch of b:fatb
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Perhaps it would have but I would say that as this thread had the most recent official response regarding the matter, I would understand why this one and not the other.

Don't think it mattered a huge deal which one got closed to be honest.

Really lets see.....

Management has a meeting so what is the response to the TW changes oh just a few people about 450-500 posts nothing big as compared to... Oh they really don't like it look at the 1900+ posts on this issue.

Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    We will be closely monitoring what happens with TW over this next month
    Ah yes... I remember one time an admin told us they were "closely monitoring" something.

It was Xarfox talking about the rising price of gold.

Your monitoring of that did not had any effect, and gold price continued to rise to it's current level....

Why do you think players have serious doubts about this one too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, now that I have seen how your "Silent Bidding" works I would like to say if this was changed to combat fake bidding whoever thought of it is dumber than a bowl of jello.

1) It announces on world chat the fact that "a faction" has bid.
    2) Each faction only gets 1 bid per week.
    3) All it takes is someone else to bid over you for a higher amount. Rather than requiring the fake bidder to try and guess where you bid and if they want to fake bid force them to bid on ALL of their lands. You simply allow them to know what land you bid on and counter it with 1 fake bidding faction. After which there will be NOTHING your faction can do to secure its bid again.

Furthermore, I will say again the TW income is not causing your gold price to inflate. It is the PACKS and the best lucky tokens that come out of them. They are injecting millions upon millions of coins into the economy everyday for nothing. The TW income is not doing this, people spend most of what they earn in TW income.

Your patch is a lie, the reasons are garbage and meant to fool those who don't know any better. Stop treating the PWI community like the afore mentioned bowl of jello. Revert the changes to TW and stop breaking your game. I for one have seen enough to know this patch will not accomplish what you're saying it is supposed to accomplish.

Agreed 100%
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I agree 100% and as this will probably be my last post on the forum before the banhammer. I hope that the mod watching this thread looks at the join date of some of the people posting and then look at their post count. If your patch is causing players who have not previously felt the need to voice their opinion, you should probably start listening.

Thank you.

Edit: Essence knows what's up

Edit: Lost City knows what's up.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Really lets see.....

Management has a meeting so what is the response to the TW changes oh just a few people about 450-500 posts nothing big as compared to... Oh they really don't like it look at the 1900+ posts on this issue.

I don't know what the internal workings of PWI are.

Maybe they'll do it the way you say and maybe they won't.

If it's like any other large company, I imagine frankie or whomever will write a report with appropriate statistics, figures, examples, feedback etc.

To not represent the feedback to his superiors in an accurate fashion would be negligent on his part.

Your guess is as good as mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I know im not good at understanding the economy, but i can definately tell something is wrong here.
    I didn't take the time out to read all 40 something pages. But ****** with the tw system wont fix anything. Sure it implements a coin sink that will hopefully help, but theres already enough coin sinks in the game. AH fees, gold trade fees, teleport, crazy stone, repairs.... need i name more? I'll admit i didn't understand at first why the 10m bank note option from tokens of best luck inflated the economy, but i understand now. But that isnt our only problem. It's also the fact that we can get OP gear from the packs too. If you guys hate the packs so much, but love tokens so much, then why not have token packs? But instead of selling them in the boutique. make an everyday non cash shop event so anyone can get them. I certainly would rather work for my gear goals in game, rather than pay 1 dollar, wave it in pwe's face and "hope" for some OP gear. Im sure the majority of the community want to go back to the time when in game items had worth, and not just boutique items, but let's not forget that we as players are greedy too. Sure the sales that pwi has probably do inflate the economy, but do the devs or gms FORCE us to sell gold at 400-500k a piece? NO! There isnt a dictatorship in the game saying "You must sell gold at 500k a piece or you will be banned." Im not pointing fingers at one certain group of ppl, im pointing it at all of us. We are all to blame. If the Gms and devs are hypocrites we are just as hypocritic as they are. We are the ones that set the gold prices by manually typing the numbers in. We are all greedy and hypocrites. We want to sell everything we have for as much as possible, as much as someone is willing to pay. But we QQ when we have to buy gold at 500k a piece. All we are doing is sending mixed messages to the company.
    >.<
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    GMs are there for- communication. and sometimes....a LOT of times now...when things are so screwed up that the patches have us unable to play the game right, they have to expect to get screamed at. if they dont like getting it in the teeth, they should look for another job that is easier. like at McDonalds.
    Exactly. People need to stop flaming GMs like it's their fault that this happened.
    I predict that this will ruin the game, but we have to give it a few weeks before we start making assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    . We are the ones that set the gold prices by manually typing the numbers in.

That's true, in theory at least... But we didn't introduce "chest of coins" as a reward in cube. Chest of coins = 1mil coins / 5 gold (perfect iron hammer to open chest) = 200k for 1 gold. In addition to gold going from 100k to 200k+ overnight, it instantly rendered the chests useless as a reward... just one more thing taking up space in your bank. Or one more thing to try to sell to newbs that don't know any better.

I'm not trying to pick apart what you said or be mean or hateful, I'm just saying...

b:surrender
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, now that I have seen how your "Silent Bidding" works I would like to say if this was changed to combat fake bidding whoever thought of it is dumber than a bowl of jello.

1) It announces on world chat the fact that "a faction" has bid.
    2) Each faction only gets 1 bid per week.
    3) All it takes is someone else to bid over you for a higher amount. Rather than requiring the fake bidder to try and guess where you bid and if they want to fake bid force them to bid on ALL of their lands. You simply allow them to know what land you bid on and counter it with 1 fake bidding faction. After which there will be NOTHING your faction can do to secure its bid again.

Furthermore, I will say again the TW income is not causing your gold price to inflate. It is the PACKS and the best lucky tokens that come out of them. They are injecting millions upon millions of coins into the economy everyday for nothing. The TW income is not doing this, people spend most of what they earn in TW income.

Your patch is a lie, the reasons are garbage and meant to fool those who don't know any better. Stop treating the PWI community like the afore mentioned bowl of jello. Revert the changes to TW and stop breaking your game. I for one have seen enough to know this patch will not accomplish what you're saying it is supposed to accomplish.

The changes should make TW far more competitive. And I don't think you're a bowl of jello.

The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

#2 - Being able to either pay for charms or fake bids, both of which give them a huge advantage over a non-TW faction.

So the huge faction continues winning its battles (whether they are legit battles or fake battles), and it wins 90% of every winning bid. Legit wins give them a new source of income, and fake bid wins only cost them 10% of the bid that they themselves made (keep in mind that you don't need charms for a fake battle).

Eventually, the dominant faction has enough coins to outbid everyone for 200M coins each through fake bids. They then get back 90% of each of these 200M coin bids. The map ultimately is entirely theirs.

This is why, with the former system, PW in Malaysia and China ultimately ended up with the territory war map completely taken over and nothing anyone could do about it.

With the new rules in place, huge factions will no longer be getting enough coins from the TW system to be able to afford Charms and fake bids every week. You will no longer have to depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart to have a diverse TW map.
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The changes should make TW far more competitive. And I don't think you're a bowl of jello.

The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

#2 - Being able to either pay for charms or fake bids, both of which give them a huge advantage over a non-TW faction.

So the huge faction continues winning its battles (whether they are legit battles or fake battles), and it wins 90% of every winning bid. Legit wins give them a new source of income, and fake bid wins only cost them 10% of the bid that they themselves made (keep in mind that you don't need charms for a fake battle).

Eventually, the dominant faction has enough coins to outbid everyone for 200M coins each through fake bids. They then get back 90% of each of these 200M coin bids. The map ultimately is entirely theirs.

This is why, with the former system, PW in Malaysia and China ultimately ended up with the territory war map completely taken over and nothing anyone could do about it.

With the new rules in place, huge factions will no longer be getting enough coins from the TW system to be able to afford Charms and fake bids every week. You will no longer have to depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart to have a diverse TW map.

Okay but factions that have a few territories in Map? They will be consumed faster, don't you think that? And factions that hopes get a territory just to enter in battlefield?, will be harder tu support in battlefield.
    If you think this way TW rules Low factions can never get a real reward for fight in it.
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You will no longer have to depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart to have a diverse TW map.

Long Live Conqueror b:thanksb:thanks
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Sorry Frankie, but you are wrong.

A big faction that holds the map has cash shoppers, people who either invested a great amount of money in this game, or merchanted their gear, or even farmed really really really hard for their gear.

The whole poaching the elite players from smaller faction has many reasons, it is not just TW pay. lemme count somethings:

1) The factions tag.
    2) The refining lands.
    3) TW battles.
    4) Bigger world pvp.
    5) Higher level instances.

These are somethings off the top of my head, TW pay was never enough.

2-4 Million coins, anyone in offense knows that does not cover the charms they go through.

Now look at the barbs, they have it the hardest.

Saying TW pay was the factor that stole the players from smaller factions just shows you know nothing, sorry.

I have no idea about the fake bidding and so on, so I will not comment on that.

If you really didn't want any faction to have an advantage against other factions, then IMO you should have cut off any benefit gained from TW, this way any faction has an equal ground with the bigger faction.

Mirages still give the faction that holds the most lands money, may not be as good as before the patch, but it will at least cover the needs of the barbs.

Big factions exist and win because the elite are there, and they have money, and I mean IRL money to spend on the game, or at least they want to put the effort to farm or merchant like I previously stated.

Thinking that TW pay was the only good thing about the bigger faction is just, well....lol.

Every player in this game has a purpose, those who want to enjoy the pve aspect of the game, those who want to socialize, and there are the people who are competitive.

Look closely at what I just said, and you will know why the big factions get the elite players.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    A Neutral Reply...Some Incite...

This has alrdy happened here though...at least on LC, CQ "gave" the map back to the server. Had that not happened, I am sure that eventually they would have started to "fall" due to the advent of new gear/packs/etc...

The only problem with this line of thinking is that when you have 160 of some of the best players on the server, plus event gear, plus epic refines and the Jones Blessing, you make a 3 hr TW virtually impossible to have without charms. If would be an endless back and forth from base to base and the map would be at a stand still.

In a full Essence versus Spectral 3 hrs war, is was not uncommon for me (a cleric, LOL, not a barb) to go through easily a Plat. HP charm. This was the same when I was in CQ and was doing 3 wars a night hopping from one instance to another with the cata teams.

Having said that:

The payout system allowed for Essence members to be "paid" based on class meaning, I at 101, would get 3mill a week. That 3 million would pay for a single plat. hp charm (if that), which with the way wars were going, it would be consumed in a few hours. Also, the "payments" would only go to those that WENT to war meaning that the coins was basically split between 160 people on the server. <-- This is FAR less then the actual population, therefore the consequences of the TW coins would be extremely minimal in comparison to the explanation below. This is not to say that 3mill cannot be farmed, 3mill can be made by many in a day and FAR more then that in fact...trust me on that one.

Now, with the above, the millions "given" to the land holding factions was injected back into the economy to other players but was a consistent and constant...NOT like the way the Nein Beast event (excitement cards by the ton) and Packs (best lucks by the ton) inject coins into the economy at a rate MUCH more significant then TW ever did.

Having said that, I have never been 100% opposed to the "new system," but at the same time the effect is and most likely will have a much larger scale affect on the server. Mirages are already going up and last I heard only 1 faction had bid for a TW on LC. It is the endless influx of "free" coins from the Best lucks and the Excitement cards that are being put into the economy.

Side note --> Many of the smaller factions had a goal to work for in terms of "taking on" the top factions. Hence the term, "practice" TW's for many to get a lay of the instance and an idea of routes and tactics they could use. This has been going on since TW's really started to take a hold when the game launched. This can be said of the larger factions as well. The reason for farming and in some cases cs'ing is to make your character better..to compete...to be rewarded and to in the end have fun even if you get your behinds handed to you.

What now is the goal for many is what needs to be thought about and NOT that it was TW injecting the new coin surplus....

Just some thoughts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    With the new rules in place, huge factions will no longer be getting enough coins from the TW system to be able to afford Charms.

In other words...You are forced to use real money to buy them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010

What part of " we didn't get rich out of TW pay" don't you get? i was getting 3 mils out of tw pay and making 120 mils/week from other sources.
    Why do you always compare us to PW Malaysia or China?
    And what makes u think that if we want to fake bid we won't?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Elayne - Lost City
    Elayne - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010

So, you are punishing the factions that do well at TW because you as the GMs are not controlling people who fake bid? If you banned and properly punished the factions who were fake bidding, like the GMs said they would back when Lost City started, then you wouldn't need to change the TW system to 'fix' that problem. Furthermore, if you looked at the history on Lost City you would realize that Conqueror and Essence have never once used a fake bid to control its TW position. The wrong doings of another server should not be used to punish us.

I will agree that a larger guild owning more land is likely to attract more players, however, if they don't then those players would remain in smaller factions who are unable to TW against the bigger, more powerful factions regardless of what TW system you have in place. Also, if you look at the current bidding on the Lost City server it has gone down since your patch. Smaller guilds are not attracted to bidding on a land that will cost them a lot of money and resources without the chance at a good reward. 150 mirages is not an incentive to have them bid. You are destroying TW, not encouraging it.

Furthermore, while it is true that a larger land owning faction attracts more players, their competition also attract equal numbers of new recruits looking to take that faction down. Your recent patch has removed their drive to do that as there is little to no reward for them to compete against us.

When will you act on the damage you are causing the game rather than continue to spout "give it a chance", "learn from the other servers" when the PWI community is different than those servers and does not have the same history that those servers have. Furthermore, the dominate factions in this game are mainly made up of the larger cash-shopping players and are not as adversely affected by the TW income that they receive. You are killing the smaller factions here not the big ones.

These changes are not making TW more competitive, they are making it worse and making it less appealing to everyone big and small alike. Your "fix" for fake bidding doesn't work; it makes it easier to fake bid and get away with it. Your reward system for TW is broken and doesn't provide people incentive to do. You are destroying the main reason people play this game. Like I've said in my previous posts you should start listening to the community and those of us who have been around a long time, rather than towing the company line that comes from Developers who have no clue what goes on, on these servers. WE ARE NOT PW China or PW Malaysia nor will we ever be. Conqueror took over the map and Conqueror gave it back to promote more TW's for smaller factions than your changes to the TW system ever will. A larger faction (or sometimes 2) will always emerge to take over the map...that's the point of the game.
  • Os_city - Harshlands
    Os_city - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    xD ok now c it like this lets say those elite factions have like 80+ ppl that are lvl 100+ they can farm gold charm from 3 nirvana runs in like 1h while little one cant, next thing you c is elite factions still having charms and pots from their tier 1 and 2 lands while little one dont, than little faction "secretly" bids on elite with coins they farmed all week in hope that maybe by some fluke thay can get 150 mirages some respect and more members and than wonders wonders elite one wins again coz of highly trained members with alot of tws behind them wow no one sow that happening right? now elite players in little faction say why would i try when we can never beat them and he decides to apply to that elite faction just coz it will make him feel good to win sometimes, So with new system he doesnt get payed for tw well big deal he can still bash and trash talk to ppl that are not in elite faction like him now on wc and kill them for fun coz he will have back up from his brand new faction. My point is elite faction will always stay elite unless they get gank by entire server like Kingdom, unless they disband coz they have all like Conqueror and unless some big faction drama like who embraced whos wife in a game i mean come on your patch wont change nothing other than less tws and less fun so ty and have fun.
    And ya give us some more packs so coins always stay high pls (being sarcastic) b:bye
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Do you really believe this?

If so, that's so sad. I'm truly, truly sorry for you.

The big factions are big because they command the highest levels with the best gear. There are waiting lists to get into them. They'd win against a smaller faction if you handed out 1 sadness note to each person who entered the TW instance as "reward."

All this patch has done is make it impossible for small guilds that don't have an established "war chest" to enter into TW. No small guild is stupid enough to throw away money like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.