[Discussion about the new UI]

Options

Comments

• XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The font size and the font itself makes me want to puke.

The labels like "World" and "Team" and "Guild" are pointless and makes me want to puke.

I like the linking, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The **** do you want from me does it look like i work here?

Me want sunflower seeds.
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not, just being obnoxious, cuz that's what forum peoples do :D.

I seem to have read a thread from a poster with some sort of eye problem (was he color blind? someone dig this up lol) complaining about texts or some such, and maybe this was such an effort in response to that.

I almost want to think sometimes this game listens to small obscure suggestion threads when it doesn't directly involve sales and boutique and important game balancing changes and same sex relationships and making man venos, but revamping the whole UI seems kind of uncharacteristically prompt considering we were all bald and nude underwater for months and there are still bugs about.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I wasn't colorblind before but I am about to be if I keep playing this game x.x
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have played another MMO before which had the same problems, devs messing with the UI every month and not in a good way XD

Here's my constructive criticism:

I do understand why you made those labels like "World" "Guild" to differentiate, for colorblind people right? Then, the big fonts can help the ones with bad sight. But for the love of God, and it's same as in that other game but, why do devs change UI without ever providing options to customize it back. Gawd damn it. Stop messing up with stuff that doesn't influence gameplay without letting it be customizable at least with how people are used to b:surrender
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not, just being obnoxious, cuz that's what forum peoples do :D.

I seem to have read a thread from a poster with some sort of eye problem (was he color blind? someone dig this up lol) complaining about texts or some such, and maybe this was such an effort in response to that.

I almost want to think sometimes this game listens to small obscure suggestion threads when it doesn't directly involve sales and boutique and important game balancing changes and same sex relationships and making man venos, but revamping the whole UI seems kind of uncharacteristically prompt considering we were all bald and nude underwater for months and there are still bugs about.

so....no sunflower seeds?
    :<
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NORMAL: Nope, no sunflower seeds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NORMAL: Nope, no sunflower seeds.

b:shedtear
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Linking = good

Chat window = HIDIOUS
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    fulgida wrote: »
    I like how forging people's names in chat will not work now.

that was my first thought about the name color change, which is why I like it
    font size: most screens its way to big, this could be slightly bigger then it was before the change, but smaller then it is now
    Chat tags: these are annoying, i was use dto them while beta testing hotk, but they really are not needed here, please remove
    Item Linking: I been waiting for this feature to come over from jade so thank you!

I overall have faith that things will get sorted on this issue. I am however not playing atm just cause i am so sick and tired of the QQ drama in guild and world chats. I dont understand why people are leaving over this issue before even giving them a chance to sort it out b:surrender

on other issues:
    I love that wraith attacks are back being announced.
    The new wedding event/instance is lovely
    glad to see jungle ruins back and looking forward to that
    celestial tiger event: cant wait to have a tiger pet b:dirty
    bidding all waiting to see how it goes
    the event botique i saw this coming from having played jade, no complaints

Tw changes
    1) the silent bidding and no refund is harsh, one or the other would be prefered, at least refund the loosing bids when bidding closes
    2) I like the mirage change, it will remove the greedy people, and make people feel less like being in a land owning guild = your a greedy person. the people who enjoy tw will still enjoy tw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mistyfied - Sanctuary
    Mistyfied - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The new chat system is horrible. By the time I finally start to read what someone has written, because I've gotta search and find for it through the mess, its already leaving the chat screen. Its far too cluttered and the font and size is bogus. So far I've only found it to lead to frustration and irritation. I strongly dislike this.

The ability to link items, however, is an amazing idea......if it were with the old chat system style.
  • Wolfiepochie - Lost City
    Wolfiepochie - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so cluttered...hurts my eyes -.- just bad. b:surrender

^-- 100% Agreed

Item linking - Its cool now everyone can show off there items. (Dont reely care)

But seriously got on n if you do ANY SINGLE DAMN SMILEY its ****ing ruined -_- Also we're not 5year olds. We cantell a diffrent color = different chat.

Do GM's think we have brain damage or something.

Take away the labels atleast. IF YOU EVEN HAVE THE POWER TO DO THAT.
  • Kimmber - Lost City
    Kimmber - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok my input on the chat windows and stuff...

the font some like some don't give us an option as to which we wanna use!!! enough said and all should be happy then

the font change has caused a lot of issues with spacing and all..... need to start thread and sticky it so that it can all be fixed as it is found...
    i.e. the "Confirm" on the auto-track, the size of font on genie and the genie window needs to be fixed, the Friends list font needs to be re-sized as well as many other places that was not looked into...

my opinion on this is that the developers tried to put in too much at 1 time instead of little at a time and find out what bugs it may bring up....

I like the new font is easier for me to read but sounds like it causes headaches to many so give us option on which we prefer do cram it down our throats!

on a side not we need to place constructive stuff here so that the GM's and Developers can look into ways to change it for better and fix what we have spotted..

BTW can you get rid of the hideous boxes in chat window that says what chat said what I don't think we need that at all and it takes away from the chat a lot!!!
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hmm, I thought the chatbox itself looked good, especially when you decrese the size a notch. About the other menus (faction/nearby players/etc..) yeah, we need to fix it so the text doesn't bleed out across the button borders. What if we, say, made it a little smaller and bolded it?

NO x 10^1000th. Give back the exact same chat we had before this horrible fail patch.
  • Brishi - Dreamweaver
    Brishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chatt window is nice :)

But the size on text and numbers is to big b:cry

And some numbers havent change to, like charms, geni numbers is big, and when u summon a pet the text is big too, but charms numbers is very small, and veno pets lvls.
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like the new ui..but those stupid boxes in the chat really have to go..as if we all dont no what chat we r in.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Give us EMERGENCY MAINT to fix chat... then add in some more packs... PLEASE
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Frankie, I love the new system it follows all the rest of your new games chat interface (BOI & KOTK).

Plus i can actually read how much hp and mp i have with out having to go the char screen now :)

Only issue is that genie bar power (yellow) does not show up until full, and the manna bar (blue) is not there at all.

Keep up the good work can't wait to see what is next.

P.S.

how about that DQ compensation any update yet????

Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blackvoid - Sanctuary
    Blackvoid - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bv hates it lol the font is ugly and far too big it messed up my smilie that i use the most ^^ and it gives me a migraine because it is 3x as bright the fonts on your hp bar and mp bar are too large as well and honestly i like the TW secret bids i just wish the winning faction would still get like half of the winning bid or something to pay for charm costs why was it remove cash completely and not cut the rewards first and see if that works
    i am the dark meaningless void that fills all of your souls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Give us EMERGENCY MAINT to fix chat... then add in some more packs... PLEASE
    I fell on the floor reading this XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Frankie, I love the new system it follows all the rest of your new games chat interface (BOI & KOTK).

Plus i can actually read how much hp and mp i have with out having to go the char screen now :)

Only issue is that genie bar power (yellow) does not show up until full, and the manna bar (blue) is not there at all.

P.S.

lol, you still think that there's going to be a DQ price compensation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If everything were smaller and chat didn't have the tags in front, it wouldn't be so bad. I personally think the new fonts are ugly but it's mostly the size that bothers me. The only thing I like (besides the tagging?) is how much easier the numbers to read in your inventory are (like, the number of things in a stack.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There are some text smilies you can't even use anymore. the ^^ text smily is only 3 pixels per character, I bet on small netbook PCs u cant even see it. the :) text smily looks more like :l

Seriously change it back we cant use our text smilies properly anymore.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This is it. They broke the UI and messed up TW, and now we don't seem as concerned about DQ anymore. What, you don't feel compensated?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This really become too much b:surrender
    Interface is simple thing (not really can become hard), yet hold big meaning
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • livedehtmai
    livedehtmai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You need to change the UI back to what it was.. its so hard to see this now. everything is so messy now. Hope you get a fixed. i don't really feel like playing so much with how messy this screen is.
  • Sethvir - Heavens Tear
    Sethvir - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The lack of GM response on this thread says it all: they don't care and it's not changing. And if that's the case, I'm done with this game.
    edited August 2010
    Options

P.S.

BoI's chat looks horribad.
    x.x'

Hopefully they keep FW's chat interface as it be now.
    D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BoI's chat looks horribad.
    x.x'

Hopefully they keep FW's chat interface as it be now.
    D:

hamsta going to play FW b:shocked b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Ryxx - Heavens Tear
    Ryxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The lack of GM response on this thread says it all: they don't care and it's not changing. And if that's the case, I'm done with this game.

a GM is the one who set up this thread in the first place, dimwit. could you respond to all this raging when you're not a developer in charge of making any changes? a lack of response can mean many different things, not necessarily a lack of care. assume the worst at your own cost and just go bye bye then b:bye
This discussion has been closed.