Wizards VS Psychics

Options

Comments

• Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *Throws a stone at Watter*

Psychics dont use the same skills in pvp. Anyone using any class who bashes the same buttons in pvp is fail >.>
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that. and also if the person u use it on use domain ur pretty much screwed without any chi left so u better not do that every time

btw when will the forums update already. says im lvl 100 and ranking is stuck on the same data for like idk.

You right. Universal combo doesn't exist. You have to really think what you use and when you use it.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *Throws a stone at Watter*

Psychics dont use the same skills in pvp. Anyone using any class who bashes the same buttons in pvp is fail >.>

well, i didn't say that psys use same skills in pvp... i meant that
    there's a limited sets of skills that psychics use most... that i know of, earth vector, two initial and debuffs... that's mostly this, isn't it? when i duel psychics, that's mainly this...
    see? that's one of my problems :P i almost never pk, i mean, pvp... it's almost always duels... xD so i think i can't say much...
    don't thwow mowe stonies... that last one huwted >.<'

ooh, and could someone take a look at the demon Landslide skill (psychic skill) at ecatomb and tell me if that's correct? it's like a sage BIDS... it says that this skill gives a 30% chance of increasing the critical hit rate by 50% for four seconds O.O' is it right? >.< damn! just to make them more OP... it's almost spammable, 8 secs cooldown... argh >.<'
    ARGH! just found another op demon skill... demon Tide Spirit has a 100% chance to increase the critical hit rate by 20% for 15 seconds! WTF! i'm starting to hate this game so much >.<'
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So psychics have some good demon skills... That affects you how exactly? Im not on a pvp server but I doubt psychics really like to pk wizzies simply because it would be a tough fight (unless thats what theyre looking for) and in TW they will rarely target wizzies.

And I just went to check ecatomb, earth vector has a 20 sec cooldown so if they only use that and the two beginning skills it seems kinda stupid since they have a bunch of other skills.

If you look closely at Landslide, it has a 10 meter range (A little more for sage), it has no aoe, and it doesnt compare to bids in terms of dmg. Plus, a 1 chance out of 3 is very unreliable. Although an increase of crit by 50% does sound very nice, it only lasts for 4 seconds which is about 2 skills. Im not sure if, like bids, it affects the landslide itself too...

Demon tide spirit is indeed very nice, but again it costs 2 sparks and has a 1 minute cooldown so in a way its like the psychic version of sutra except a little better. This makes me wonder why theres no demon/sage for sutra tho b:surrender (Anyone has any explanation for this?)

In the end, if psychics didnt have good skills noone would play them, but dont worry they wont replace wizzies ^^.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well, i didn't say that psys use same skills in pvp... i meant that
    there's a limited sets of skills that psychics use most... that i know of, earth vector, two initial and debuffs... that's mostly this, isn't it? when i duel psychics, that's mainly this...
    see? that's one of my problems :P i almost never pk, i mean, pvp... it's almost always duels... xD so i think i can't say much...
    don't thwow mowe stonies... that last one huwted >.<'

ooh, and could someone take a look at the demon Landslide skill (psychic skill) at ecatomb and tell me if that's correct? it's like a sage BIDS... it says that this skill gives a 30% chance of increasing the critical hit rate by 50% for four seconds O.O' is it right? >.< damn! just to make them more OP... it's almost spammable, 8 secs cooldown... argh >.<'
    ARGH! just found another op demon skill... demon Tide Spirit has a 100% chance to increase the critical hit rate by 20% for 15 seconds! WTF! i'm starting to hate this game so much >.<'

landslide range is very small. and the chance to work is pretty slim. vs a wiz they wont be in the range to cast it, vs a bm if their in the range to cast it. the bm is in range to stun and fist them to death. archers wont let them near, nix will kick their ****. clerics wont let them near either. on barbs it wont really matter. 2 much hp and psy dont have wiz dmg . all in all. it doesnt matter if it add 50% crit. the chance is slim the range is lame, and in real time its really not that great.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    landslide range is very small. and the chance to work is pretty slim. vs a wiz they wont be in the range to cast it, vs a bm if their in the range to cast it. the bm is in range to stun and fist them to death. archers wont let them near, nix will kick their ****. clerics wont let them near either. on barbs it wont really matter. 2 much hp and psy dont have wiz dmg . all in all. it doesnt matter if it add 50% crit. the chance is slim the range is lame, and in real time its really not that great.

ok i use phoenix on bm/barb (ok combined with anti stun pot+sutra) and its close skill too.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok i use phoenix on bm/barb (ok combined with anti stun pot+sutra) and its close skill too.

its diff. u use phoniex for a quick dmg skill,. if some1 want the crit boost from landslide he dont just hit it once, he want the 4 sec buff it have to spam more skills,. and if his that close, he wont get more skils out so i call it useless
  • Daieron - Sanctuary
    Daieron - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    IF u knowhow to use ur spells u can finish ur target
    SO what is the point if wiiz are beter that pshic or vice versa
    Anwyay there is somewhere a WIZZARD BETTER THAN MANY PSICH
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You guys a really puffed up with pride 0.0 yeah Your awsome endgame i've seen it b4 Drop them 1 by 1 by 1 ... well you get my point. Anyway, why most you wizards attack us?
    "They wouldn't target us in TW yeah your ight, cause your Steroid filled magic users(lol).
    "Psychic is an easy class." Its harder than you think(not saying its hard but its not the Easiest class). Just Cause our channel is fast doesn't mean we are easy. FYI, it takes technique to contemplate when to use a certain skill and to work in your head if my freeze fails and my stun fails WTH next? we can't push in pvp and fighting you guys is a challenge its fun, b:pleased and when you have a enemy that hits harder than you and at times faster or just as fast compared to you, you have to think.
    I think that we should be freinds instead of lambasting us for being a fast channel fighting class. You study us we study you, and when we master Wizards skills or a psychic's skills or a for petes sake a veno's skills as if we were a wizard or a psychic or a veno etc. we can be most formidable opponents.
    The landslide . most of you have the idea landslide being so short in range will be worthless some what, but if we are lucky we can stun you and then use the landslide(given you don't us SF). I'm not much of a demon person playing psychic sage will give me more of a technical side(sage sucks! yeah well i hate when ppl hate my buffs :( anyway yeah).
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiral - Harshlands
    Xiral - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Right now life as a wizard is down right hard. By comparison, my sin and bm made level 60-70 look like cake. So fought a similar level psyc last night and it was no contest. Just could not win. FOW does not last long enough and his skills burn through my magic defense like it did not exist. If I hit him I injure my self and the one or two attacks I got off did not really phase him because just as the duel starts he cast his heal over time. Next joke, I cast bids and it takes about 1000 hp from him. He cast and ultimate same level that does the same 1000 damage and ticks for 300 damage per for x seconds. In short 1hko. Nice, really nice. Sins (I have one lvl 71 so I have been on both sides) kill me in about 2 hits. Balance? I hope its cooming soon.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Right now life as a wizard is down right hard. By comparison, my sin and bm made level 60-70 look like cake. So fought a similar level psyc last night and it was no contest. Just could not win. FOW does not last long enough and his skills burn through my magic defense like it did not exist. If I hit him I injure my self and the one or two attacks I got off did not really phase him because just as the duel starts he cast his heal over time. Next joke, I cast bids and it takes about 1000 hp from him. He cast and ultimate same level that does the same 1000 damage and ticks for 300 damage per for x seconds. In short 1hko. Nice, really nice. Sins (I have one lvl 71 so I have been on both sides) kill me in about 2 hits. Balance? I hope its cooming soon.

actual if u are pure mag build then in begning u die damn fast XD but true what others said, wizz is good when high lv.

ok maybe u think why u lv up till high if u with nuker build is weak in ebgning and middle lv area... idk better reason just fun to play with a high lv wizz in tw/group pk, i enjoy it and since we got aoe zhen skill we can do gv too and with bounty other dailies+gv u lv quite fast b:shutup.
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options

Ok Im not exactly sure what level you are, your avy says 49 but you say you used bids so at least 59... my guess is you arent 90+. Anyway, you probably know it... wizards SUCK at lower levels. I saw a huge difference between pvp at 65ish and 80 but I must admit wizzies at 80 still arent good but then again my gear is crappy and my skills are sub-par (The skill trainers are crooks what do you want =\). Just hang on the road to level 90 isnt long anyway...
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    its diff. u use phoniex for a quick dmg skill,. if some1 want the crit boost from landslide he dont just hit it once, he want the 4 sec buff it have to spam more skills,. and if his that close, he wont get more skils out so i call it useless

coagh i just say a theory:
    black voodoo+demon Glacial Shards+demon Landslide+|genie occult ice|+Demon Tide+|extremity posion| Spirit+fast skill+Stone Smasher

worse case their nuke stunner skill have +20% crit rate (if robe then 30-35% crit) and the best case +50% crit (60-65%)
    b:bye
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok Im not exactly sure what level you are, your avy says 49 but you say you used bids so at least 59... my guess is you arent 90+. Anyway, you probably know it... wizards SUCK at lower levels. I saw a huge difference between pvp at 65ish and 80 but I must admit wizzies at 80 still arent good but then again my gear is crappy and my skills are sub-par (The skill trainers are crooks what do you want =\). Just hang on the road to level 90 isnt long anyway...

yeah, just wait for a little while. Farm some coins , buy hypers and do 3-4 runs in FC for XP/SP. Then farm some more coins (prolly in TT) and learn the skills.
    I'm telling ya, having skills maxed makes a diff. I remember I payed 13 millions back in the days to learn both my 79 skills (Soporific and undine). Cost me 2 millions to learn Elemental Shell ( I learn it just a week ago).
    My Stone Rain cost me 2.5mil and I could barely find one in guild, in AH was 3, 3.5 mil.
    Pyro was 300k and Gush around 500. Now you can find them in AH sometimes for less than 50k.
    Yeah, skills cost a lot to learn and level, but believe me, they are much , much cheaper than a year ago.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

You think you can run away of a psy uh uh b:chuckle , first inate skill slow by 40% , glacial shards immobilize , we have 2 stuns skills , aqua canon slow by 80% , crystal light slow by 80% and most of those skills have 28.5 meter range.

Try to run away of me now XD
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You have some awesome skills for slow and stuns.

but what you fail to see here is that we're kinda' able to do whatever we please from 30m away, including seal, so your skills are basically useles unless you ninja someone. That 1.5m isn't a big deal when u have to run it, but it is when you can't hit the oponent cause he's out of range.
    Our seal works from 30m, we have blink, we have sleep and something called Tempest that will basically shred you into pieces if you don't have white voodoo on (well, Demon Wizard Mountain Sieze has 35m range).
    Don't rely on your duel or occasional consented pvp: in those sittuatios 99.99% of wizards don't bother to use the max range advantage. Archers do that way better than wizards, but that's one of their greatest asset.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Haha. I like how I leave for 6 months and some of my threads are still going on. :D

I'm back guysssss. Don't hate me lol. Honestly I missed PWI, and even though I was playing the game that shall not be named and I paid for month for it, it was so easy that I wanted to play PWI again because it's more challenging.

So I figure there are strategies for taking psychics now?
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You have some awesome skills for slow and stuns.

but what you fail to see here is that we're kinda' able to do whatever we please from 30m away, including seal, so your skills are basically useles unless you ninja someone. That 1.5m isn't a big deal when u have to run it, but it is when you can't hit the oponent cause he's out of range.
    Our seal works from 30m, we have blink, we have sleep and something called Tempest that will basically shred you into pieces if you don't have white voodoo on (well, Demon Wizard Mountain Sieze has 35m range).
    Don't rely on your duel or occasional consented pvp: in those sittuatios 99.99% of wizards don't bother to use the max range advantage. Archers do that way better than wizards, but that's one of their greatest asset.

(occult ice genie skill very nice in close range)

its was about psy vs melee, and its effective the demon landside or no :P
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Gosh, you wizards really hate us don't you? We don't even have a thread like you guys do. Most of our Threads are peaceful and you guys and girls are on an onslaught. What has out class much less our class type done to you? 0.0 You have your siggys saying you eat fish for breakfast and you have pics of dead fish and say thats the best kind of fish. Its like you Wizards are trying to pull us into a war with you. We never wished to pick a fight with you... its like Great grandad vs Great grandson Great grandad kicks grandson in the head and says"back in my time i was the only wizard that used water and earth itch!" btw the Great Grandson was just born lol! b:sad b:cry

P.S. when i said why do you attack us i ment verbally.
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    psychs are a lie, they dont exist

but stabbie fish is everywhere! b:infuriated
    i like potato
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You think you can run away of a psy uh uh b:chuckle , first inate skill slow by 40% , glacial shards immobilize , we have 2 stuns skills , aqua canon slow by 80% , crystal light slow by 80% and most of those skills have 28.5 meter range.

Try to run away of me now XD

thats cool. but then again i can seal u every 20 sec i can jump 25 met every 10 sec, i can sleep u. i can stun u. and i can freeze u(with lame chance) but thing is. u wont ever get close to me. ever, u will die before u do,. and ill have all of my skills to use before u try
    edited May 2010
    Options
    (occult ice genie skill very nice in close range)

its was about psy vs melee, and its effective the demon landside or no :P

expel is even nicer :d.

occlut ice fails. its not 100% to work, u need alot of str to make it good chance to work, with alot of str u wont have much energy overall,. one occlut fail and u have less then 1/2 energy

and like i said. psy occlut ice me. i expel him. psys wont ever catch me in close range to cast landside

also i got 199 genie energy i can use a 2nd expel very often 2.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    expel is even nicer :d.

occlut ice fails. its not 100% to work, u need alot of str to make it good chance to work, with alot of str u wont have much energy overall,. one occlut fail and u have less then 1/2 energy

and like i said. psy occlut ice me. i expel him. psys wont ever catch me in close range to cast landside

also i got 199 genie energy i can use a 2nd expel very often 2.

expel vs occult

expel - eat too much energy.
    target can use genie like heal run skill, can use pharma potion

occult ice - lower energy requiment/if u got 199 energy than 80 not half :P, u can use same time another skill/skills.
    absolut nothing (since with expel/wizz seal i got occult ice from barb/bm and my wizz seal will be faster over than their occult ice and i will get stun next step XD)

sins i dont use occult ice with my sin here and, i use with archer on pw ms there steal neet agi/dex for occult ice and this 100% sure cause i use enough often b:surrender
    edited May 2010
    Options
    expel vs occult

expel - eat too much energy.
    target can use genie like heal run skill, can use pharma potion

occult ice - lower energy requiment/if u got 199 energy than 80 not half :P, u can use same time another skill/skills.
    absolut nothing (since with expel/wizz seal i got occult ice from barb/bm and my wizz seal will be faster over than their occult ice and i will get stun next step XD)

sins i dont use occult ice with my sin here and, i use with archer on pw ms there steal neet agi/dex for occult ice and this 100% sure cause i use enough often b:surrender

expel will always win. expel unlike occlut will always work. it wont fail u. and its longer, if some1 occlut me. i expel him back. he will still be sealed while im already free. and my point if bringing up expel wasnt like. i expel and kill u. cuz i dont need expel to kil a psy. but if a psy do get close and occlut me. i expel him and once again, his unable to landslide me
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Gosh, you wizards really hate us don't you? We don't even have a thread like you guys do. Most of our Threads are peaceful and you guys and girls are on an onslaught. What has out class much less our class type done to you? 0.0 You have your siggys saying you eat fish for breakfast and you have pics of dead fish and say thats the best kind of fish. Its like you Wizards are trying to pull us into a war with you. We never wished to pick a fight with you... its like Great grandad vs Great grandson Great grandad kicks grandson in the head and says"back in my time i was the only wizard that used water and earth itch!" btw the Great Grandson was just born lol! b:sad b:cry

P.S. when i said why do you attack us i ment verbally.

After all those Psychics post: "rofl wizards suck, reroll pyschics you nooooobs, trolololol" just after Tideborn expansion helped us develop this attitude towards fishes :P
    Packs World International
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    expel will always win. expel unlike occlut will always work. it wont fail u. and its longer, if some1 occlut me. i expel him back. he will still be sealed while im already free. and my point if bringing up expel wasnt like. i expel and kill u. cuz i dont need expel to kil a psy. but if a psy do get close and occlut me. i expel him and once again, his unable to landslide me

if he occult ice u then u cant use any genie skill and during seal he can run away during say in position and he can try again in 15 sec after u got the freeze....
    during somebody sealed he often use occult ice if u are close and run away till seal over and prepare to counter attack; if u are far then he use holy path during he is sealed

and since we talked to psy vs bm, there could be effective sometimes (again i must reapeat again we started from landside effective or no against bm barb not against wizz XD)

idk but in pvp server often most of bm/barb got occult ice for stop u when u seal and sutra them :)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if he occult ice u then u cant use any genie skill and during seal he can run away during say in position and he can try again in 15 sec after u got the freeze....
    during somebody sealed he often use occult ice if u are close and run away till seal over and prepare to counter attack; if u are far then he use holy path during he is sealed

and since we talked to psy vs bm, there could be effective sometimes (again i must reapeat again we started from landside effective or no against bm barb not against wizz XD)

idk but in pvp server often most of bm/barb got occult ice for stop u when u seal and sutra them :)

?
    but genie skills work while stunned/immobilized/etc
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    and then i cast magic missle killing you both

*search checks your bodies* b:sad 26 copper

seriously move a move b can go on forever keepit to probobility and dont factor geni skills all clases have those (well barb/bm's with te archers with flames etc)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nuuuues me copper pieces~
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ?
    but genie skills work while stunned/immobilized/etc
    x.x'

dont work when u was freezed by occult ice cause its not stun/immobilize ;)
This discussion has been closed.