Wizards VS Psychics

Comments

• Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    so many false accuses in this thread - if u wanna argue about beating different classes --- u should atleast except the player behind this class to be as smart as urself

and ya psy dmg suxx compared to wizz 1 hits --- BUT we got way faster channeling to compensate

the point i wanted to make - dont except ur opponent to stand there and use the skills like u would like him to use em.... psy aint wiz ... therefore we cant rely on heavy hitters to take enemies down

ok im done trolling :)

ps haiz cool vidsb:bye
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    so many false accuses in this thread - if u wanna argue about beating different classes --- u should atleast except the player behind this class to be as smart as urself

and ya psy dmg suxx compared to wizz 1 hits --- BUT we got way faster channeling to compensate

the point i wanted to make - dont except ur opponent to stand there and use the skills like u would like him to use em.... psy aint wiz ... therefore we cant rely on heavy hitters to take enemies down

ok im done trolling :)

ps haiz cool vidsb:bye
    Stop bringing up the fact the psy's have short channeling... it doesn't help at all. It means -channel gear does hardly anything. You still have longer cast times. Endgame wizards can get spells off much faster than psy's with stacked channeling gear.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Uh, try 1v1ing Ayla from spectral. Rank8/nirvana gear moron that you can destroy 1v1 simply because it's a bad player. Gear/build/genie/etc all matter but there's some things money can never make up for.

No idea how Ayla hits me for 1000 with a +12 rank 8 and then Ehee comes along and hits me for 3000. I sometimes think Ayla just has a weapon that looks like rank 8 or something they are so bad.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Stop bringing up the fact the psy's have short channeling... it doesn't help at all. It means -channel gear does hardly anything.

no offense , but when did i state that psy should use -chan gear ;-)) ur right .. -chan aint working that well with psy .. but not like all u get in endgame is -chan
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No idea how Ayla hits me for 1000 with a +12 rank 8 and then Ehee comes along and hits me for 3000. I sometimes think Ayla just has a weapon that looks like rank 8 or something they are so bad.

hh99 green sorta kinda looks like 8jun.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Uh, try 1v1ing Ayla from spectral. Rank8/nirvana gear moron that you can destroy 1v1 simply because it's a bad player. Gear/build/genie/etc all matter but there's some things money can never make up for.

Well there are always going to be people out there that are just too stupid to figure out the basic "strategy" of the game. Although there are exceptions, most pvp is about build imo. When I go up to fight someone, I generally already know who is going to win (although there are exceptions).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Blood_Rayne_ - Heavens Tear
    Blood_Rayne_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ALL PYSCHICS OUT THERE THAT KEEP SAYIN THEIR SO MUCH BETTER THAN WIZARDS YOUR WRONG!

Wizards were made to have the most magic attack in pwi.BEcause if they weren't why would they have been made llike that.And all you people who quit your wizards just because they have slow chaneling,you made wrong decision.Just because pyschics have shorter channeling doesnt mean they have super high damge like wizards.Plus wizards are fun and challenging.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ALL PYSCHICS OUT THERE THAT KEEP SAYIN THEIR SO MUCH BETTER THAN WIZARDS YOUR WRONG!

Wizards were made to have the most magic attack in pwi.BEcause if they weren't why would they have been made llike that.And all you people who quit your wizards just because they have slow chaneling,you made wrong decision.Just because pyschics have shorter channeling doesnt mean they have super high damge like wizards.Plus wizards are fun and challenging.

*sigh* these trolls are getting lamer by the day
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Whenever I party with other wizards I like to look at their max mp and it usually tells me if they are pure int or not.
    This can be a bit missleading since some people might have their wellspring maxed whereas others kept it at 5 and i hardly see any other wiz without wellspring buff working.

backtopic

i would like to have the aoe effect on sandstorm like the psychics non spark earth aoe does i man wiz sandstorm is nice but even if the wizz ultis provide finally an earth aoe spell there should be a non spark earth aoe skill too for wiz. I mean we got one of the other elements each will of the phoenix + hailstorm ( lets say its water/ice) but no earth :-/
    edited June 2010
    Ok you know what, pyschics are good but wizards are better.They were best DD's before Rising Tide came and after Rising Tide came.So all you pyschics who have a problem with that,DEAL WITH IT.We can kill you easily with essentral sutra and blade tempest and undine strike.So like I said to all you pyschics who have a problem DEAL WITH IT,ACCEPT IT ALREADY,AND SHUT UP ALREADY!

To all you wizards who think your all bad,dont forget that barbs can still kill you,venos can still kill you,PYCHICS can still kill you,assasins can still kill you,clerics can still kill ya,archers can still kill ya,and so can bms.Yes you can defeat them but dont forget that all other races still can defeat you.Including pychics.Yes we can defeat them,but dont you forget they can too.

Its better off to join forces or whatver you wanna call it with the actualy good pyscics that aren't completely noobs,then to go against them.We would be so awesome joining the kewl pyscics,because they are actually prety good,and wizards are totally awesome.Together don't you think we would be really awesome. I honestly dont see whats your problem with pyscics if not ALL of them are noobs.This is to pychics also,i mean wouldnt ya want to join wizards instead of goin against them just cause they more powerful then ya.

Also to all of you who quit a wizard to join pyscics,that is not a problem.because SOME PEOPLE LIKE AVERAGE DAMAGE AND FASTER CHANELING.So whats wrong with that.Hmm, I'd like a good reason.Dont all ya other people know some people have diffeent opinions.

So all I'm saying is,BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH WHAT YOU GOT ALREADY!BOTH OF YOU ARE AWESOME CLASSES IN YOUR OWN WAY!LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE!WHAT YOUR BIG PROBLEM!Also its not the class pyscic thats the horrible thing its the player who decides that they are gonna become total noobs and think that theyre the best in the whole game.Wizards have highest attacks but they are not best.They can be defeated by almost entire pw.Pycics are really good but the dont have fastest channeling and highest damage and they also can be defeated by almost all other classes too.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    This is most likely my last post on this thread.

thank god b:bye
    edited June 2010
    I dont see this thread as a flaming thread wiz vs psy where 1 side has to be the better one. It should be just a comparison between the both classes which contains the strengths and weaknesses of both sides + how a player can overcome the strengths of the other class.

One thing i realized is that psy attacks have way more side effects compared to wiz skills + they consume in general less chi which is also a big plus for the psychic. Of course in terms of dmg the wiz wins but when rating the dmg of a character its not only the dmg 1 attack does which matters but also the speed of the attacks and costs of the attack.

the earth vector in my point of view is really nice because of the aoe effect + the aoe accuracy debuff whereas sandstorm has 100% weapon dmg more but only works on single targets Furthermore the 1 spark here + fast reuse and channeling might be usefull in tws as well. I mean a wiz casting MS needs 2 sparks + can easily be interrupted whereas earth vector is quite fast and also kind of hurts

Does anybody got an idea how to overcome the 2 reflection stuns of the psychic?

greetz harm0wnie
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Does anybody got an idea how to overcome the 2 reflection stuns of the psychic?

If you kill them they can not hurt you until after the stun or silence wears off?

So, for example, triple spark and nuke? Or maybe use mountain seize if you can not triple spark yet or if they are too tough to kill that way? Or sleep them and you can both wait...
    edited June 2010
    I dont see this thread as a flaming thread wiz vs psy where 1 side has to be the better one. It should be just a comparison between the both classes which contains the strengths and weaknesses of both sides + how a player can overcome the strengths of the other class.

So true :)
    edited June 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    If you kill them they can not hurt you until after the stun or silence wears off?

So, for example, triple spark and nuke? Or maybe use mountain seize if you can not triple spark yet or if they are too tough to kill that way? Or sleep them and you can both wait...

lol i rly doubt the psychic will stand and wait until i channel my mountain seize and i also doubt that using sleep would be a good idea since it has a long cooldown whereas the psychics aura will be available again afterwards. Furthermore i dont think that i will always have 3 sparks so there has to be a way to come by with normal attacks too.

greetz harm0wnie
  • fulgida
    edited June 2010
    lol i rly doubt the psychic will stand and wait until i channel my mountain seize and i also doubt that using sleep would be a good idea since it has a long cooldown whereas the psychics aura will be available again afterwards. Furthermore i dont think that i will always have 3 sparks so there has to be a way to come by with normal attacks too.

If you can kill them without sleep you should be fine. But if you can not kill them with sleep and stun maybe you should not fight them. But you might also try freezing them and attacking from your longest range, before sleeping them.
    edited June 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    If you can kill them without sleep you should be fine. But if you can not kill them with sleep and stun maybe you should not fight them. But you might also try freezing them and attacking from your longest range, before sleeping them.

there are only 2 skills with a chance to freeze as far is i know --> hailstorm + pitfall
    + there are some others which can stun like fow ms and sleep but im still not sure if its possible to simply 1shot a psychic because i guess when i try to put a negative effect on him the effect will be reflected and the wiz will be stunned. Furthermore the psychic always can survive hits from afar by using white voodoo so i guess this fight will be a hard one

greetz harm0wnie
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    they may have aoes
    they don't have DB

we have our shields
    they have soul - that just deflects part of damage, doesn't apsorb

they look like fishes - fishes be food
    we don't

and don't worry fishes will be nerfed
    specially assassins - the spark breaking their stealh made em /wrist
  • TheJackal - Heavens Tear
    TheJackal - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    just wait till there nurfed then us wizzys will be on top agian. b:angry
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Wizards are still on top by miles.

Every magic class minus psys have built in +pdef or pdmg absorb skills. Barrier, fox form, plume shell. The rate at which psys build chi is horrendous, so even if they had better 2spark ultimates they would never be able to use them at the rate a sage or even a demon wizard could.

As far as versatility goes, psys have it great. AoE heal, many control skills, on demand attack/defense level buffs, other neat skills. But mages are always going to be > them in TW and damage scenarios. Undine alone will ensure that...

Perhaps it's the lack of end game psys in LC, (only one so far with +10 CV weapon I believe) but I don't really think psychics can ever replace a wizard in TW.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Why? Psy is a balanced class imo. They need some fixes instead of nerfing. The soul skill tree for example... no improvement in effectiveness of skills lvl1-lvl10 is lame.

I still don't understand why people think there's a competition between the two class. Wizard's job is to destroy everything that moves. Psychic is a support DD. As Amour said they are very versatile. They can deal some damage, heal an entire squad with a fast channeling skill, buff/debuff.

A side note about the lack of pdef/absorbing skills: they can switch to white woodoo and still annoy the hell out of everyone with dots/soulburn/disturb soul.
  • fulgida
    edited June 2010
    there are only 2 skills with a chance to freeze as far is i know --> hailstorm + pitfall
    + there are some others which can stun like fow ms and sleep but im still not sure if its possible to simply 1shot a psychic because i guess when i try to put a negative effect on him the effect will be reflected and the wiz will be stunned.

That stun does not last very long, and if you attacked from your max range you will be out of range of most of their nastier skills, and you can distance shrink if flew closer when you were stunned. (You should probably fight them from the air, because holy path makes them dangerous on the ground.)

If you get demon, you will have decent freeze chances, and you will get stun possibilities also.

If you get sage, you should be able to build chi fast enough to be using mountain's seize on them. Actually, mountain's seize will not always be a bad idea for demons, either.

But harassing them with max-range pitfall can also be entertaining...
  • TheJackal - Heavens Tear
    TheJackal - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why? Psy is a balanced class imo. They need some fixes instead of nerfing. The soul skill tree for example... no improvement in effectiveness of skills lvl1-lvl10 is lame.

I still don't understand why people think there's a competition between the two class. Wizard's job is to destroy everything that moves. Psychic is a support DD. As Amour said they are very versatile. They can deal some damage, heal an entire squad with a fast channeling skill, buff/debuff.

A side note about the lack of pdef/absorbing skills: they can switch to white woodoo and still annoy the hell out of everyone with dots/soulburn/disturb soul.

I see what you mean, agreed. Just disregard my point.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • H_hatake - Harshlands
    H_hatake - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    but wizard is a good class we have high damege but py is better just a little just for 1 skill

PUSH ....but wizz can take this at lv 39 and its stupid we have low phy defense and 60% mobs

have phy attackb:cry
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You have a very good slowdown skill called Gush.

Kite.
    edited August 2010
    Wizards were made to be top DD, what are they now? Top DD's.

Pyschics are mages, but they are more like mage/buffers.

Not full mage like wizards, but mage/buffers.

So like that one dude said, pyschics are more like DD supporters.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    C'mon guys, psy is a CS class. Once you find one with all +12 gears, only then can you compare them to wiz. One with vengeance, silence and retaliation up will absorb 28k damage and deal back 8.6k pvp damage (1.1k-1.6k + 7k) with a 33% (40% for demon) chance to silence with one attack. All while they're spamming a skill with 50% chance to silence for 5 seconds every 10 seconds.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +12 orb packs

so psys would pwn private servers (if they were on them :P)
    i like potato
  • Kitmen - Lost City
    Kitmen - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    phychi will win the cast mad fast and hit super hard
  • Sulty - Heavens Tear
    Sulty - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Its true Psychics do more damage then Wizards, I play both Psychic & Wizard. Still Wizards have more interesting skills, Psychics have just basic skills like 2 damage skills (1slow), 1 knockback, 3 AoE's, 1 heal, 2 self-buffs..
This discussion has been closed.