Let's be classist! :D

Comments

• BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've noticed a lot of charm ticking complaints. And here's my PoV on the matter...

If you use a charm expect it to tick, that is the reason you bought it, to keep you alive right?
    Also, a cleric is there to heal yes, but maybe other squad mates take damage so they heal them. As a Class using a HP charm, be aware of where your HP is at use a pot, to keep it above the 50% mark. I mean seriously, the QQing about charm ticks means absolutely nothing. Why? Because you bought the damn thing to keep you alive so deal with it. Those that get to dependent on a charm will become selfish, only caring about how their charm isn't ticking, when maybe someone else's charm may tick. I became this when I became really dependent on a charm, so I stopped using them.

Moral of the post, suck it up, or stop using them. So what if it ticks? IT'S ONLY PIXELS.

Have a nice day .b:bye
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It seems like you just read the above posts and merged the bad logic into a really weird story lol. I don't get why people keep calling macro healing 'afk' for one, most don't leave their keyboards in case sht happens. A macro is just a macro.

No, they're generally busy chatting or fapping or not really paying much attention at all... ;p

Not really all that much of an issue as long as they're paying attention though. Archers are no worse really. Just STA and auto-attack till something is dead...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've noticed a lot of charm ticking complaints. And here's my PoV on the matter...

If you use a charm expect it to tick, that is the reason you bought it, to keep you alive right?
    Also, a cleric is there to heal yes, but maybe other squad mates take damage so they heal them. As a Class using a HP charm, be aware of where your HP is at use a pot, to keep it above the 50% mark. I mean seriously, the QQing about charm ticks means absolutely nothing. Why? Because you bought the damn thing to keep you alive so deal with it. Those that get to dependent on a charm will become selfish, only caring about how their charm isn't ticking, when maybe someone else's charm may tick. I became this when I became really dependent on a charm, so I stopped using them.

Moral of the post, suck it up, or stop using them. So what if it ticks? IT'S ONLY PIXELS.

Have a nice day .b:bye

+1, why can't other people think like this b:surrender.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
    edited April 2010
    +1, why can't other people think like this b:surrender.

I wonder the same thing. It's really just pointless. All I usually ask of a cleric if I know I can take the boss if I have a charm, to purify me if I get cursed or Pole smacks me with his debuff
  • Croceus - Heavens Tear
    Croceus - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    THe egotistical Cleric:

BH39 Party: 80 barb, 69 Psy (me), 48 Veno, 66 Archer

Just killed Farren, Veno is returning BH, Archer is AFK. I run ahead to kill mobs since the barb doesn't do much damage. I aggro TWO Sacrificial Assualt mobs (Didn't know 2nd one was sac assualt at first) That explode. Almost simulatenously. Killing me.

Me: Q.Q I need a cleric
    Veno: I'll get one
    Cleric has joined the squad
    Cleric:Pass lead
    Wizard has joined the squad

*Wizard and Cleric are now almost to my body*

Cleric:We doing Farren first?
    Me:Farren's dead?
    Cleric: What?
    Me: Don't worry, we'll re-do farren for you after this
    Me: But I may have to leave because I have things to do.
    Cleric and wizard leave BH
    Me: Umm, weren't you guys inside?
    Cleric: We're resetting?
    Me: You gotta come rev me first
    Cleric: You said you might leave
    Me: Look, I got things to do, either Rev me or leave and I'll get someone else to do it
    Cleric: *in short and less vulgar terms* no
    *45 minutes later* (Remember cleric has lead)
    Cleric: Fine I'll rev you
    I'm Revved, Me, Veno, barb and archer leave and reset the instance just to not have to party with a-holes.

Seriously. I constantly give me life up for Clerics that take aggro, and one won't even rez me in BH? Especially when I said I'd take more of MY time to help her.
    On top of that, she wouldn't leave either, that's what annoyed me, losing 45 minutes arguing with her.

I'm not saying all clerics are like this. But guys, you don't gotta be egotistical, I save your arses all the time, it's my job. You get aggro, I save you even if it costs me my life.
  • Amaliee - Archosaur
    Amaliee - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No, they're generally busy chatting or fapping or not really paying much attention at all... ;p

Not really all that much of an issue as long as they're paying attention though. Archers are no worse really. Just STA and auto-attack till something is dead...

Oh my goodness, I really hope they aren't fapping to seeing a tiger get beat up by a giant monster. b:chuckle

...or to hp charm ticks! :O
    edited April 2010
    Oh my goodness, I really hope they aren't fapping to seeing a tiger get beat up by a giant monster. b:chuckle

...or to hp charm ticks! :O

hahaha

I became really dependent on a charm, so I stopped using them.

Barbs don't need charms anymore except for TW. Barbs have been replaced by fist/claw BMs as primary tanks.
    edited April 2010
    Barbs don't need charms anymore except for TW. Barbs have been replaced by fist/claw BMs as primary tanks.

Fist BM's are super cool but id still rather have a barb tanking and they have an uber smexy hp buff b:chuckle. However, a well geared BM can do extremely well as a tank, depending on their skill.

• Croceus - Heavens Tear
    Croceus - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Also to the AFK stuff.

I admit, as a Psy I have a habit of hitting a macro then moving to more pressing matters like guildchat. However, I never go completely AFK while DDing. There has been a couple times that my Fac mates have seen something along the lines of.

Seriously, I think we all just2321311111

as hitting enter is faster than backspace.... However, like I said, i'm never completely AFK and I'm always watching. My reaction time is never really a problem. Just pop Psychic will and watch the thing die usually....

My main concern is to much DD as a psy. Pure mag, 6% crit rate. lvl 69, +3 TT60, fighting Wyv., 79 barb tanking. I attack at 75%. I probably got 2-3 20k+ crits. Wyv is probably 10% HP left. BAM I got aggro. Q.Q

I have to remember that just because HP is almost gone, that doesn't mean I can't get aggro.

Luckily, the cleric rezzed me before it died.
    edited April 2010

I was on my BM at the time, I like my barb better. And I refuse to use charms anymore, TW is a waste of time for me. And for the BMs tanking, that's not new, I used to tank on my BM as well. So you're barking up the wrong tree on trying to tell me Barbs aren't needed. Yet, people always ask for them. Hm wonder why?

That's all I have to say to you.

Good day. b:bye
    edited April 2010
    Fist BM's are super cool but id still rather have a barb tanking and they have an uber smexy hp buff b:chuckle. However, a well geared BM can do extremely well as a tank, depending on their skill.

Yeah, HP and patk buffs are extremely nice... I think devs really need to strengthen barbs aggro skills, because a barb my level can't hold aggro from me even if I don't triple spark... at 10x there isn't much a bm can't tank relatively easy... which is kinda sad to be honest. I especially appreciate a pro barb and have always looked up to them, as there are quite a few fail ones out there. In the last 6 months there are a number of balance issues that have been created... I don't want to see any classes nerfed, but barbs should definitely receive some compensation for nirvana/rank8 archers and fist/claw bms.
    I was on my BM at the time, I like my barb better. And I refuse to use charms anymore, TW is a waste of time for me. And for the BMs tanking, that's not new, I used to tank on my BM as well. So you're barking up the wrong tree on trying to tell me Barbs aren't needed. Yet, people always ask for them. Hm wonder why?

Buffs. And some people still think... omg I have fb39, need a high level barb to tank. What is new though is that a BM can take and hold aggro from a barb their same level, which really didn't happen before a whole lot of -interval gear was released.

Read my reply to Hunter about what I think of barbs...
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, HP and patk buffs are extremely nice... I think devs really need to strengthen barbs aggro skills, because a barb my level can't hold aggro from me even if I don't triple spark... at 10x there isn't much a bm can't tank relatively easy... which is kinda sad to be honest. I especially appreciate a pro barb and have always looked up to them, as there are quite a few fail ones out there. In the last 6 months there are a number of balance issues that have been created... I don't want to see any classes nerfed, but barbs should definitely receive some compensation for nirvana/rank8 archers and fist/claw bms.

I don't think when the agro mechanics were thought of and created they would know about the level of gear people would have nowadays. I mean back before packs squads ran pretty smoothly and barbs could keep agro pretty well but then the packs came out and the level of gear raised dramatically but agro mechanics and skills didn't change so the barb can only do so much. A good barb makes the squad 100x more enjoyable but ill agree there are alot of fail barb's out there who never really bothered to learn the in's and out's of their class, that can be said about all classes though just barbs are alot more noticeable.

edited April 2010

Buffs. And some people still think... omg I have fb39, need a high level barb to tank. What is new though is that a BM can take and hold aggro from a barb their same level, which really didn't happen before a whole lot of -interval gear was released.

Read my reply to Hunter about what I think of barbs...

I do agree some barbs have no idea what they are doing. I personally feel I am a decent barb, good probably not. But I don't lose aggro very often. If I do I get it back, spark and spam FR 3-5 times in a row to make sure I don't lose it again. I think if the barb finds ways to keep the aggro then they will be fine. It's those that don't know how to adapt to the changing times of the gear and everything. A fist BM loaded with -interval is a ***** to keep aggro from but with work you can do it.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OMG, this is SO true! this has happened to both my veno and cleric more times than i care to remember. the last time i did a TT, was the LAST time i go on on with someone i dont know well....i wound up having to buy pots for the twerp twice, and we still ended up dying more than once because he/she didnt know what the hell their job was. didnt even have proper gear for their level, etc. it was a really nightmareish trip, to say the least!

I wanna hear all your stereotypes of other classes you've developed from playing Perfect World, cause I know I have a couple. I also hope this can be a light-hearted enough topic that people won't resort to petty bickering about...stupid ****. I just figured this would be a good way for people to blow off steam from fail BH groups, and maybe perhaps even a way to get answers as to why classes act the way they do sometimes.
    So let's hear it people. What "habits" of other classes do you hate?

Here's three patterns I've noticed among three classes. Mine are from the perspective of a damage dealer...cause I am one:

Act I: The Cleric Mooch

BH group forms, BH group slowly pushes it's way to the boss. Buffs up and gets ready.

Random member: "When you're ready barb."
    Barb: "kk"
    Cleric: ANYBODY HAVE MP POTS?
    Wiz/Psy: What the f-?! Seriously??
    Cleric: FOR SOME REASON, I AM UNABLE TO FIGURE OUT THAT I, A MAGIC CLASS, NEED TO KEEP A GOOD SUPPLY OF MP POTS ON ME AT ALL TIMES. ESPECIALLY DURING DUNGEONS.
    Wiz/Psy: You gotta be freaking kidding me.
    -Barb almost dead-
    Cleric: IT WOULD SEEM AS THOUGH I NEED MP IMMEDIATELY, OR WE WILL ALL DIE.
    Barb: For the love of God, please give him pots!! T_T
    -Wiz/Psy is forced to drop 10k worth of pots-
    Cleric: THANK YOU. YOU KNOW OF COURSE THAT THIS WAS TOTALLY UNEXPECTED FOR ME AND I DID NOT PLAN IT THIS WAY AT ALL.
    Wiz/Psy: -rage-

(For the record, I have never encountered a Wiz or Psy who was not carrying enough MP pots)

Act II: The Human Form Barb

-BH group running through a dungeon, killing mobs.-

Psy: Barb, go tiger form please.
    Barb: Nah man it's cool, I deal MASSIVE DAMAGE in human form!
    Psy: Then why do I keep pulling aggro? Dx
    Barb: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Stop attacking! You're interfering with my awesomeness!
    Cleric, why are you healing him?! Heal me! I'm the tank!

Cleric: ;>.>
    Psy: Well if I'm not supposed to attack then why am I here? D8
    Why don't you just go Tiger form? Then I can attack and we'll kill quicker.

If I go Tiger form, then I hit 1.4k instead of 2.1k.

Psy: YEAH and if you go Human Form, then I'm forced to go White Voodoo to keep myself from pulling aggro. Then my damage goes from 7k to 2k.

I AM A MASSIVE DAMAGE DEALER! b:cool

Psy: -rage-

ACT III - The Arrogant Assassin

-Party doing BH, needs to kill a gatekeeper-
    Assassin: Heh, don't worry guys; I'll take care of 'em. b:cool
    Random Member: ...Or we could just go together. It's safer and quicker that way.
    Assassin: Sorry, I'm too BADASS for teamwork. b:cool
    Random Member: ...Fine. -_- Go ahead.

-Assassin runs ahead carelessly, realizing that he may be in over his head, as his target is quite strong and he's accidently aggroed some other nearby mobs-

Random Member: ...You ok?

-Assassin runs back to the group, four mobs following him, then disappears into thin air-

Random Member: Holy ssshhhhhh-

-Chaos breaks out in the party, everyone dies-

-Assassin reappears-

Assassin: Hey...

...You guys died.

But I didn't. b:cool

And this is why.... BH's are the most deceitful and torturous way ever invented to make us all want to kill ourselves.

-Fin-

Now I wanna hear yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Another one I remembered:

The Squad Heal Cleric.
    This speciment most likely has a fetish for the pinkish shiney Chromatic Beam Squad Heal skill, because that is all they use....
    1 barb tanking mob - they squad heal.
    1 person tanking boss - they squad heal.
    The boss is showing absolutely no signs of aoe - they squad heal.
    Others point out to them that only one person is tanking - they continue squad healing.
    Tanker gets debuffed & is obviously having a very hard time - they squad heal.

You gotta admire the perseverance though.

Finally after others tell the person that the squad heal is totally useless in this situation, the pro cleric responds with saying the tank is still alive. After the poor tanker replies with that they have been charm/pot-tanking all the time because squad heal isn't sufficient to keep them alive, the cleric follows with a bunch of obscenieties, proclaiming for others to S TFU & that they know their job & are doing it well. Promptly followed by a rage quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Another one I remembered:

The Squad Heal Cleric.
    This speciment most likely has a fetish for the pinkish shiney Chromatic Beam Squad Heal skill, because that is all they use....
    1 barb tanking mob - they squad heal.
    1 person tanking boss - they squad heal.
    The boss is showing absolutely no signs of aoe - they squad heal.
    Others point out to them that only one person is tanking - they continue squad healing.
    Tanker gets debuffed & is obviously having a very hard time - they squad heal.

You gotta admire the perseverance though.

Finally after others tell the person that the squad heal is totally useless in this situation, the pro cleric responds with saying the tank is still alive. After the poor tanker replies with that they have been charm/pot-tanking all the time because squad heal isn't sufficient to keep them alive, the cleric follows with a bunch of obscenieties, proclaiming for others to S TFU & that they know their job & are doing it well. Promptly followed by a rage quit.

As a cleric, those ones make me lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I do agree some barbs have no idea what they are doing. I personally feel I am a decent barb, good probably not. But I don't lose aggro very often. If I do I get it back, spark and spam FR 3-5 times in a row to make sure I don't lose it again. I think if the barb finds ways to keep the aggro then they will be fine. It's those that don't know how to adapt to the changing times of the gear and everything. A fist BM loaded with -interval is a ***** to keep aggro from but with work you can do it.

At 10x all barbs do is take up a spot in party for most instances. I can't remember the last 3-3 or nirvana I did without a fist warrior tanking. The speed fist warriors kill at is unmatched and with barbs being terrible DD's almost any other class is preferred.

As for pvp, barbs have 50% crit and the most hp by far in the game. They don't need any boost pvp wise.
  • _bowser - Heavens Tear
    _bowser - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The E-Peen Competition

Too lazy to write a scenario for this but I'm sure many of you are quite familiar with it. Basically, it's when you get 2 DDs (doesn't matter which) who decide to play a game of 'who can steal aggro from the tank'. Usually it's started unintentionally when someone mentions how much damage they did (ie, Archer: i jus crit for 7k 5 times in a row =D) but is often followed by 1 or more of the other DDs attempting to 'one up' the first person's damage. The TB classes seem very prone to this sort of behavior.

Meanwhile, the poor barb is desperately fighting a losing battle to keep aggro so they squad doesn't die. =/
    ahh yes the e-peen competition i see that see that with sins and archers so much rofl usually if its to bad i jus let them die or say hey if u think ur god cause u outdamage me then u tank o well wat can ya do
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ahh yes the e-peen competition i see that see that with sins and archers so much rofl usually if its to bad i jus let them die or say hey if u think ur god cause u outdamage me then u tank o well wat can ya do
    Speaking from my point of view I am almost sure I will always steal aggro when I start nuking fully even against higher level barbs - but I know I can use Shadow Escape and survive in time. After that I go FULL DPS because there is no way in hell I take aggro unless barb is uber fail, I mean think as if all that time before Shadow Escape I just waited without landing a hit, since Shadow Escape resets my aggro on the boss.

I'd love to see a DPS meter on a target implemented, archers or any other class won't even come close because they have to nerf their damage while we can nuke fully b:sin
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lol...in FC yesterday night...

As charmed BM is gathering mobs:

Cleric (whisper to me): Don't attack, I am going to let him die.
    Me (whisper to cleric): Eh?
    Cleric (whisper to me): I am not going to heal him. Don't attack the mobs.

BM comes back, but grabbed Frost Bishops too:

Cleric: Oh ****! He grabbed the bishops!

*squad wipe, except for veno, who saw it coming and ran like hell*

We found out he was letting the BM die because he lost to him in a duel...

*facepalm*

And because i was getting annoyed with him giving me orders like ive never done it before.
    And seriously! he pulled the bishops!! BB wouldnt have saved us since bishops cancels it.
    Me so amazed this little cleric here was involved in a story posted on the forums b:chuckle

Edit: BTW...Why did that bm pull (not the first time it happened) when there was no BB up?
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    -Wyvern fight, barbs got aggro and were all inside a safe BB-

~Sin takes aggro, dies.

Me: Okay everyone move back, I'm going to rez the sin.

~Everyone moves back, I drop BB, Holy Path out of distance. Stack a few IH on barb, then start rezzing.

~Barb for some reason panics and runs twords me, Wyvern commences AOE constantly.

Me: (while running)Barb don't run from wyvern!

Barb: Heal me!

~Barb runs faster than me, I use Second Wind to heal the first aoe damage, die in the next 2 aoes.

Barb: Wtf cleric

-Barb thinks he did the right thing, everyone else hates him.-

-Another Wyvern Story-

Barb: Okay cleric, BB here and I will bring the boss.

Me: Oh, okay sure.

~I BB, Barb runs to Wyvern. Barb uses Earthflame and runs back, the other two mobs were dead.

Me: Wtf...

~BB heal takes wyverns aggro as barb passes me, Wyvern bites me dead.

Me: ....

*Roseary has left the squad*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That is the one reason playing cleric can drive me up the wall. Doesn't matter who is truly at fault... the cleric is ALWAYS at fault! b:angryb:angryb:angry

As a healer I can say that it is generally the healer or the tank's fault. Unless the DPS are godawful. b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To be fair, with a cleric regeneration buff it only takes maybe a minute or so.

b:laughtiny mpb:laugh
    on the other hand mine takes only a min too, i guess that i can reduce mp costs by meditating along with the barb xD
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh im sure everyone has had one of these moments....
    Scenario: Fail bh, the squad has wiped 2 times already. During boss something goes wrong, and 3rd wipe.

Cleric: -____-;
    BM: Damn What happened?
    *argument*
    Cleric: I've lost so much exp here *rage*
    Sin: Sorry QQ
    -awkward silence-
    Barb: hey cleric go back to town.
    Cleric:I lost more than im gonna make when this is over. QQ
    Archer:okay... soooo...
    10 mins pass *awkward silence*
    BM: so what are we doing?
    Cleric: I lost so much exp here, im gonna find a squad with less fail
    Squad: b:shocked
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think one thing that drives me bonkers is if I steal aggro from a barb when fighting a mob and I get a few hiero ticks (if I'm wearing one). Mind you i'm not just relying on my heiro..but im using winged shell and pots or w/e. Anyway just annoys me when they see me taking dmg and the barb isnt taking any..yet they still heal him...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think one thing that drives me bonkers is if I steal aggro from a barb when fighting a mob and I get a few hiero ticks (if I'm wearing one). Mind you i'm not just relying on my heiro..but im using winged shell and pots or w/e. Anyway just annoys me when they see me taking dmg and the barb isnt taking any..yet they still heal him...b:sad

Hard to know they arnt taking damage when your healing them, since you think your healing them pretty damn good...b:chuckle
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hard to know they arnt taking damage when your healing them, since you think your healing them pretty damn good...b:chuckle

No, I mean when the mob is facing me and Im noticeably taking damage/have aggro and the barb is like behind it, attacking it and not taking damage/not have aggro but still getting heals. Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    -Wyvern fight, barbs got aggro and were all inside a safe BB-

~Sin takes aggro, dies.

Me: Okay everyone move back, I'm going to rez the sin.

~Everyone moves back, I drop BB, Holy Path out of distance. Stack a few IH on barb, then start rezzing.

~Barb for some reason panics and runs twords me, Wyvern commences AOE constantly.

Me: (while running)Barb don't run from wyvern!

Barb: Heal me!

~Barb runs faster than me, I use Second Wind to heal the first aoe damage, die in the next 2 aoes.

Barb: Wtf cleric

-Barb thinks he did the right thing, everyone else hates him.-

-Another Wyvern Story-

Barb: Okay cleric, BB here and I will bring the boss.

Me: Oh, okay sure.

~I BB, Barb runs to Wyvern. Barb uses Earthflame and runs back, the other two mobs were dead.

Me: Wtf...

~BB heal takes wyverns aggro as barb passes me, Wyvern bites me dead.

Me: ....

*Roseary has left the squad*

b:worried This makes me worry about barbs I tanked Wyvern and didn't lose aggro to the BH squad with a level 48 barb and the cleric was DDing and healing and I didn't even get below my 25% mark. b:faint fail barbs are fail barbs

Hehe then again I constantly get I am a awesome barb. xD So I took it as par for the course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    fb39 squad (Last BH39 i did, so brought in a tabber to get better exp):

Squad consisted of:

Veno: lvl 60 w/herc
    Me: Lvl 59 BM
    Cleric: lvl 70
    BM: lvl 39
    Wizard: lvl 101 (<---very good friend)
    Archer: lvl 101 (<---very good friend)

Everything is going good and great. We get to first boss, tabber dies once because he accidently got arggo (I think he did a crit or something, idr). But Me and Archer got the arggo back under control as quick as possible. Veno was using herc to tank him mainly, with me, wizard, archer, tabber doing DD. Cleric was healing us.

First boss is dead and everything is fine.

Then this convo pops up:

Cleric: Um...I'm out of MP Pots.
    Me: Ok, well since i need to turn in the BH, i'll grab you some.
    Cleric: Ok. :)
    Cleric: Oh....Wait...I can't use those lvl 60 ones.
    Me: .......
    Tabber: wdf o.O
    Veno: oh....sh.....

So, i say **** it, i tell her to either accept the pots i would grab (lvl 60) or relog with some gold and buy a MP charm. She decided to accept the pots i got (around 120k worth, so i didn't have to worry about her running the f-in hell out).
    After this everything went fine, we got through the suicide bomber area with minimal death (me and tabber died, along with veno's herc once). We get to suicide bomber boss, veno uses herc to lure the boss over to us. We start DD'ing.....but none of us remembered to allow the herc time to get arggo.
    So...Arggo switched to me, i noticed it yelled to the cleric to start healing me as I had arggo. She does, so i hold arggo by switching to fist and start bashing the heck outta it. It gets down to around 50k HP, then it's arggo (almost like a miracle) switches to the wizard (he blamed a crit of something like 12k). So cleric, switches to him. I'm thinking "f-in lovely, this isn't going to go good." Wizard kills the boss, boss does his "death explosion", i live (thnx to HP charm), archer lived, cleirc lives, veno herc somehow died (idk...this made me go "Wdf o.O"), wizard died upon explosion (he got rezzed).

So after this boss i'm like "Ok, everyone listen. On final boss either herc or wizard is taking tank role. I want you to decide this now.", after a bunch of convo it's finally decided wizard will do the tanking for it.

The rest of this story? NEVER LET A WIZARD WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TANK BECOME A TANK!

Squad wiped, all but me because i ran the f*** out of there using all my speed skills, and everyone got pissed at the following people:

Wizard for being a fail tank.
    Veno for not using herc to grab arggo and tank (like she was gonna be able to???)
    Archer (Idk why they got mad at him)
    Me (Because i survived by being a chicken)
    Cleric (for not healing....which made me say "dumbasses =.=")

So, all in all?
    Wizard who never tanked before = fail.
    Archer = ok.
    Cleric ='d idiot
    tabber? welll he was ok, didn't disobey the order he got.
    Veno.....Nothing to say here, since she did her job as best she could.

You must be kidding,any Lv.50-59 Arcane user with at least 4k Metal Resist can Tank Hercule Trioc with a Cleric lv.50.59 Healing(Not to talk about lv.70 Cleric).There is NO way a Wizard lv.101 can't Tank Hercule Trioc(<--- Magic Boss),also a Wizard with his Heal should easily solo it,at lv.101...(Not to talk about even decent lv.5x Clerics can solo it)

Also the suicide bomber boss(Also called Calcid of The Flame o.O),does not explode.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually its not a matter of hercule its his adds if they aren't taken care of they can be a real threat. Even when I have 7.5 hp and 10.5 magic res those adds can kill me they are dangerous. hercule isn't the ladies in red are.

What probably happened is the wizard wasn't expecting the damage spike and didn't have a charm. The last thing you want to do is to underestimate how much low level damage can stack. Granted with healing it usually won't hurt too much but their attack rate means if you don't have a charm you will be dead real fast. The wizard probably hadn't tried to solo it. I know when I tried I was surprised how hard they can hit. So the fail wizze just probably wasn't expecting quite that outcome. And the nice little BM probably didn't stun them properly either. It happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]