Let's be classist! :D

Comments

• Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Um... nix in a dungeon... Um... I call bs?

The phoenix boss, big flappy thing before final boss.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Yeah, the giant firebird before Holeen, or Holan, or sheman, or whatever you want to call the big boss of all bosses in FC.

Bishop popper would also refer to the Gaurnob lookalike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sgt - Raging Tide
    Sgt - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Act IV: The Leroy Jenkin BM
    Random Member: We're gonna attack from this location, and...
    BM: HUR HUR HUR LET'S GO!
    -BM rush in, aggros boss, gets killed-
    BM: I NEED A REZ!
    Cleric:: ...
    -Boss goes after Cleric, Cleric dies, Squad wiped-

*Note, applies to ANY class, just feel that BMs are getting too much love*
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And since when did a Veno need to have a Herc, without dispute, to make it into your squad? If you're going to do that, why not just limit your squad members to those who have stuff worth $200 or more? Be fair.

Someone asks if a veno has a herc before adding them, Ted walks away from the party.

Hercs are nice, but a veno who knows how to play their class no matter which pet they use is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Someone asks if a veno has a herc before adding them, Ted walks away from the party.

Hercs are nice, but a veno who knows how to play their class no matter which pet they use is better.

+1 to the power of infinity.

And the same goes for any other class, really. I don't give a damn if they have lunar bows or axes or whatever, if they don't know how to play their class they probably won't be useful. Same goes for the more stupid of the Herc venos. They can have fifty Hercs, but if they don't know what they're doing, I don't want them in my squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010

You never been in FF? Next time learn the bosses before you post b:thanks.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    These ^^. I think that while having a herc would be nice, having a normal pet makes me different ^^ lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lol since a lot are metioning casters not bringing pots, here's something similar.

Random rb(etc) squad:This actually happened yesterday...

In the middle of the run while doing delta for chrono stage 5.
    Apparently majority of wizes now have some set rule to DB till they are dead, even after it happens a few times in a row.
    Wiz in 1k. 1 DD left

Archer: b:shocked omg out of ammo
    Squad: ._. ... At least use fist
    Archer: :o I don't have any
    Squad: ._.

Waves stack, fail right on chrono boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I ask venos if they have a herc when they join a squad I'm making. I never kick them or anything for not having one, it's just nice to know if they do or not. Usually if I ask it's me trying to figure out if I should repair a peice of gear or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You never been in FF? Next time learn the bosses before you post b:thanks.

Sorry I'm no hype fcc noob. I'll leave that to others.

I do have to apologise for misreading his post & thinking he was refering to a nix in a dungeon, not the boss itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010

I do have to apologise for misreading his post & thinking he was refering to a nix in a dungeon, not the boss itself.

Who says you have to be using hyper to run one or two FCs?

Normally you speak more sense then this, but really. You should seriously think about things before you post because this post, and your last, are far from sensible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amaliee - Archosaur
    Amaliee - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ticking Yee-Old HP Charms

Barb: *about to go up against boss* I'm charmed, make sure I don't tick, cleric!

Cleric: *has MP charm, must waste many ticks to make sure that the barb's clearly more important charm doesn't tick at all* :/
    edited April 2010

Niether am i, i have never used a hyper stone niether do i plan to and i have done 4 oracles on this character so that can be ruled out aswell, both i think she be removed from PW.

No problem but next time ill explain it a little better.

Barb: *about to go up against boss* I'm charmed, make sure I don't tick, cleric!

Cleric: *has MP charm, must waste many ticks to make sure that the barb's clearly more important charm doesn't tick at all* :/

Unless for TW or PK any cleric who uses charms deserves to tick, event food is much cheaper and efficient.

• Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Someone else in squad: ohnoez! a psy! don't steal aggro
    Psy: b:angry

I can't be the only person peeved about that? lol
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've had a bunch of hyper stones sitting in my bank forever that I won in a guild event. They sit right next to oracles people gave me that I never used.

People can be hyper/oracle users and still know what they are doing. Others can grind out 90 levels and have no idea how to play their character.

In the end you just gotta learn who you are playing with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    fb39 squad (Last BH39 i did, so brought in a tabber to get better exp):

Squad consisted of:

Veno: lvl 60 w/herc
    Me: Lvl 59 BM
    Cleric: lvl 70
    BM: lvl 39
    Wizard: lvl 101 (<---very good friend)
    Archer: lvl 101 (<---very good friend)

Everything is going good and great. We get to first boss, tabber dies once because he accidently got arggo (I think he did a crit or something, idr). But Me and Archer got the arggo back under control as quick as possible. Veno was using herc to tank him mainly, with me, wizard, archer, tabber doing DD. Cleric was healing us.

First boss is dead and everything is fine.

Then this convo pops up:

Cleric: Um...I'm out of MP Pots.
    Me: Ok, well since i need to turn in the BH, i'll grab you some.
    Cleric: Ok. :)
    Cleric: Oh....Wait...I can't use those lvl 60 ones.
    Me: .......
    Tabber: wdf o.O
    Veno: oh....sh.....

So, i say **** it, i tell her to either accept the pots i would grab (lvl 60) or relog with some gold and buy a MP charm. She decided to accept the pots i got (around 120k worth, so i didn't have to worry about her running the f-in hell out).
    After this everything went fine, we got through the suicide bomber area with minimal death (me and tabber died, along with veno's herc once). We get to suicide bomber boss, veno uses herc to lure the boss over to us. We start DD'ing.....but none of us remembered to allow the herc time to get arggo.
    So...Arggo switched to me, i noticed it yelled to the cleric to start healing me as I had arggo. She does, so i hold arggo by switching to fist and start bashing the heck outta it. It gets down to around 50k HP, then it's arggo (almost like a miracle) switches to the wizard (he blamed a crit of something like 12k). So cleric, switches to him. I'm thinking "f-in lovely, this isn't going to go good." Wizard kills the boss, boss does his "death explosion", i live (thnx to HP charm), archer lived, cleirc lives, veno herc somehow died (idk...this made me go "Wdf o.O"), wizard died upon explosion (he got rezzed).

So after this boss i'm like "Ok, everyone listen. On final boss either herc or wizard is taking tank role. I want you to decide this now.", after a bunch of convo it's finally decided wizard will do the tanking for it.

The rest of this story? NEVER LET A WIZARD WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TANK BECOME A TANK!

Squad wiped, all but me because i ran the f*** out of there using all my speed skills, and everyone got pissed at the following people:

Wizard for being a fail tank.
    Veno for not using herc to grab arggo and tank (like she was gonna be able to???)
    Archer (Idk why they got mad at him)
    Me (Because i survived by being a chicken)
    Cleric (for not healing....which made me say "dumbasses =.=")

So, all in all?
    Wizard who never tanked before = fail.
    Archer = ok.
    Cleric ='d idiot
    tabber? welll he was ok, didn't disobey the order he got.
    Veno.....Nothing to say here, since she did her job as best she could.

Oh and for ****s and giigles:

Cleric: What is IH?
    BM: ....healing spell.
    Cleric: What is that?
    BM: ....what you use to heal yourself and others.
    Cleric: Oh....what if i never lvled it (cleric = lvl 25)
    BM: ......
    Veno: huh o.O????? (just got back from afk)
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Random Squad Member: Veno lure that mob please.

Veno: Okay!
    *sends pet to attack selected mob*
    *pulls pet back instead of unsummoning it*

Rest of the squad: b:shocked

*chaos*
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Here's part two....

Ticking the Barb HP Charm II

Barb: *about to do a Frost Cover* You better not let my charm tick CLERIC!!

Cleric:Ok.... -_- *Has a MP charm*

*Squad starts Frost and Barbs charm starts ticking from lack of heals*

Barb: I told you not to let my charm tick you idiot cleric!

Cleric:Ok, then barb. -.-

*cleric lets barb dies while the rest of the squad escape a near party wipe*

Barb: >.< *starts raging* b:angry

Cleric:Is your charm ticking now!?! b:scorn

This is why barbs shouldn't QQ about there chams ticking, because MP charms tick a lot faster so they get used up more quickly than HP ones and both chams cost the same, and yet you don't see any cleric QQ about their charms ticking. That's what HP charms are used for, they are suppose to tick to save your live and you don't like your charm ticking don't buy on at all. It's more cheaper making pots anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Amaliee - Archosaur
    edited April 2010
    Unless for TW or PK any cleric who uses charms deserves to tick, event food is much cheaper and efficient.

I...I really hope you were just joking with a statement like that. I'm going to go ahead and assume you were now. :)
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sin: I canz tank!

Squad: ummm.. why?

Sin: Cuz i can!

*Squad is ****ting bricks till boss is dead*
  • Amaliee - Archosaur
    edited April 2010

Here's part two....

Ticking the Barb HP Charm II

-- Revenge of the Cleric!

b:chuckle
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    boss does his "death explosion"

Calcid doesn't explode. b:scorn
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ~Random Member goes solo in BH

~Random member dies

Random
    : why u no heal me healer!!1

Cleric: I am not risking everyones life just to save your stupid one.

~Random Rages

~Random is booted

~And nothing of value was lost.

Cleric: Let the Archer/Psy/Wiz/Veno tank Glut/Drake, It would be much easier on everyone.

Barb/BM: iam a god tank, i tank (maybe a few HURR DURRs)

~Cleric Lets Barb/BM waste charm and die, Ranged Attack is tanking now. Rez dead fail player

Moral: Don't be a stupid random and risk a squad wipe. If I am your cleric.. please listen to me. I am not just spamming IH, I am watching everyone play. You already trust me with your life.. why can't you trust me with how to tank a boss.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I...I really hope you were just joking with a statement like that. I'm going to go ahead and assume you were now. :)

Nope i was being deadly serious, have you ever used herb yuanxiao? The stuff works fine in TT/FF/BH/Grind if you can be bothered to click every so often when needed and there is no wastage at all.

• KageNoHana - Heavens Tear
    KageNoHana - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fail!Barb: *charges into a mess of mobs, BUT DOES NOT AGGRO ALL OF THEM.*

Cleric: *is stuck having to decide to let the barb die or heal and draw aggro. tends to heal and draw aggro.*

Sin: WTF BARB *has to save cleric. dies in the process. is not a TANK--thats what YOU'RE there for.*

Fail!Barb: *runs ahead*

yeah. thats the typical fail barb i tend to encounter in BHs. and at my level i would hope to high heaven you'd know better than to not aggro all the mobs before expecting the cleric to heal you. :|
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=950126001&dateline=1316761779[/SIGPIC]
    Disclaimer: I am nobody's mommy, nanny, pawn, messenger, therapist, or groupie. I am not responsible for what happens to you if you say something stupid in my presence.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fail!Barb: *charges into a mess of mobs, BUT DOES NOT AGGRO ALL OF THEM.*

Cleric: *is stuck having to decide to let the barb die or heal and draw aggro. tends to heal and draw aggro.*

Sin: WTF BARB *has to save cleric. dies in the process. is not a TANK--thats what YOU'RE there for.*

Fail!Barb: *runs ahead*
    This happens quite often except I don't die on a bh run (and on harder stuff barb isn't so careless when he doesn't rush)

I do my best to save the cleric and stay alive, usually AoE the damn mobs coming and then double sparking after my HP goes down a bit to give the cleric time to react and heal me. The cleric starts to heal me up and I don't die and everything is going fine after b:cute
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The Level 59 Archer
    (Not an exact story, but This, or something similar has happened to me quite a few times in a BH.)

At Wyvern:
    Cleric: So far, so good. we just need to get Wyvern.
    Archer: I wanna test something.*charges BoA*
    Me:Test what? *watches BoA and watches as it hits both the adds and Wyvern, causing them to swarm at once.*
    Barb:Not a problem, we can handle this. I'll just turn his AoE around so he doesn't hit the cleric.*grabs aggro off of wyvern, but dies as the cleric is dead due to Wyvern's AoE, while I run off into another direction.*
    Me:Yeah, I'm going to run.*distance shrinks into 3 untouched mobs* -.-;; Of course I'd forget those were there.*dies*
    Other DD:I told you we should have gotten another cleric!
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010

That should mean that a Barbs HP charm deserves to tick also since event pots are a lot cheaper to use. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited April 2010
    That should mean that a Barbs HP charm deserves to tick also since event pots are a lot cheaper to use. b:lipcurl

HP charms are there to save your life, so yeah they are going to tick every once in awhile but it saves your life each time. However, mp cahrms are over-priced, wasteful and damn annoying compared to herb yuanxiao.

edited April 2010
    HP charms are there to save your life, so yeah they are going to tick every once in awhile but it saves your life each time. However, mp cahrms are over-priced, wasteful and damn annoying compared to herb yuanxiao.

Well I don't use charms since they are to expensive and like you I use event pots (when I hit 75) / apoth pots.

But I don't understand why Barbs QQ about their charms ticking when cleric's spend a lot more money on Pots or charms and they never complain about their charms ticking or using up a ton of MP pots doing a FC, TT, BH, etc.

I think they should just deal with the charm ticking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰