New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Options

Comments

• TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to frankie and every other gm on pwi,

Look this was in theroy a very good idea.As the leader of a faction i think a way for me to talk to all of my guildies at once NO MATTER what chat thay are in would be awsome,i could set up meetings, go over new things,let every one IN THE FACTION know whats going on and recruit from other factions whos members are unhappy with there guild.As a seller in a cat shop any way for me to sell my iteams to someone that might be looking for what i have is sweetness.the main prob i have is not with the horns but(as every one eles has said) with the fact that i cant get away from the kids and other idiots miss useing this new chat.you dont have to get rid of them all toughter(sorry for the spelling) just make a filter for it.like i said it was not a bad idea just the way you guys whent about puitting it out there was not what i was expecting.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    GREAT link, Drazo!!

Here is a quote from the article....**very** apt to the situation, and why the horn will be back, im sure...
    Section 19.Monetization
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok I logged in and the horns are annoying as hell.. i take back the thing where i called everyone a QQer... I suggest that we make the Horns 1 per hour... so that u can only use a horn once every hour.

Lol now u got your foot stuck in your mouth huh? Word of advice. when like 500 diff people are saying the same things, sayign they're all wrong and just crying and whining is prolly gonna get ya slapped :pb:chuckle
  • Random_ - Dreamweaver
    Random_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If it was as simple as that, the Horns would be out of the Boutique right now. Unfortunately, the back-end process is more complex than this.

Take your time. =) At least you guys actually listened for once. I love the idea of a Horn in general, but, not an unfilter-able one. The World Chat needs some color. ^^

But a very, very sincere thanks for hearing our concerns and changing it-- the silence will be well-welcomed next week by this one PWi player.

That said, time to go back to BLing noobs while we wait. b:pleased
    Lvl7xBM||Lvl6xHAWizzie||Lvl6xVeno||Lvl6x'sin||Lvl5xCleric
    LA Fox-Veno, Psy, Pure Wizzie, LA Wizzie, HA 'sin, and Barb in the works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playin' since April of '09
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have a question in regards to the Horns being taken out of the Boutique...will the ability to use them also be removed or will people be able to stock pile them and still annoy us in all our chats until the ability to block them is implemented? If the ability to use them is also not removed then honestly removing them from the boutique will accomplish nothing more than creating a highly desired item by those who wish to continue to be an annoyance.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I careless about Horn. Instead, I've enjoyed this moment the best. It makes the game lively again. I feel it's been dead for a while b:chuckle
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    limit the use of horns to 1 per hour.. and add xray glasses worth 15 gold... lol b:laugh
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they are likely going to be completely disabled. to be reactivaed later and modified.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If the ability to use them is also not removed then honestly removing them from the boutique will accomplish nothing more than creating a highly desired item by those who wish to continue to be an annoyance.

Create more hype...more people CS for them..more money for PWI b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Take your time. =) At least you guys actually listened for once. I love the idea of a Horn in general, but, not an unfilter-able one. The World Chat needs some color. ^^

But a very, very sincere thanks for hearing our concerns and changing it-- the silence will be well-welcomed next week by this one PWi player.

That said, time to go back to BLing noobs while we wait. b:pleased

No, don't take your time and we already have a "horn." It's called world chat. If world chat needs color - colorize world chat. If world chat need new smilies - add new smilies. Hell, charge for both the ability to use color and the new smilies, but please get rid of this means for stupid people to annoy others and interject their stupidity into places where it is not welcomed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Narn_Taborin - Dreamweaver
    Narn_Taborin - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Rainbow, there were numerous bug fixes in this most recent patch, and we fix things as quickly as we can.

So how come the bug with the cleric buff Magic Shell has been in the game for as long as I've been playing it (9 months now) and it still hasn't been fixed? From what I've read elsewhere, that particular bug has been in PWI from the very start - how hard can it be to make that buff act the same as every other buff in the game and overwrite when a new copy is cast?
    Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Cleric's First Rule:

Those who die through their own stupidity, goes to town. 'Nuff said.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    20100407234411.png
  • Random_ - Dreamweaver
    Random_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, don't take your time and we already have a "horn." It's called world chat. If world chat needs color - colorize world chat. If world chat need new smilies - add new smilies. Hell, charge for both the ability to use color and the new smilies, but please get rid of this means for stupid people to annoy others and interject their stupidity into places where it is not welcomed.

Quite frankly, It's fine if they take all the time they need. They don't listen to us on almost anything else, and I was expecting this, like the anni pack thread, to just a stockpile of worthless complaints. They're working on removing it. That's good enough for me.

That said, paying 5silver extra for color and fish smilies, THAT IS FILTERABLE, is a good idea, IMO. And if they want to call that benefit a horn (Key word, idiot, Filterable. I never called the current horns a good idea), so be it.

I was thanking the people that actually listened to us, not you. Stop QQing and be happy they aren't permanently like this, as most of us believed from the start. I really don't need you criticizing me for being happy that they're being removed.
    Lvl7xBM||Lvl6xHAWizzie||Lvl6xVeno||Lvl6x'sin||Lvl5xCleric
    LA Fox-Veno, Psy, Pure Wizzie, LA Wizzie, HA 'sin, and Barb in the works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playin' since April of '09
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

So what you're saying is -- Make it into WC, not allowing people to use the less expensive alternative if they don't need colors and fancy smilies?

How is that such a big difference from "Leave it as a separate chat but allow it to be filtered out"? The only difference I see is removing the choice between the less expensive and the more expensive teles between what Random said and what you're saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So what you're saying is -- Make it into WC, not allowing people to use the less expensive alternative if they don't need colors and fancy smilies?

How is that such a big difference from "Leave it as a separate chat but allow it to be filtered out"? The only difference I see is removing the choice between the less expensive and the more expensive teles between what Random said and what you're saying.

I like hugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    20100407234411.png

lmao i do the same to the noobs who use horns
  • drayloth
    drayloth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because of this my 12 year old daughter got to see someone saying......
    "**** all of you" several times.
    This is unacceptable.
    And I agree with Gaijen.
  • Salarin - Lost City
    Salarin - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    agreed drayloth...
  • mywildrsyde
    mywildrsyde Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dear Perfect World Users:

I'm sure many of you are about as disgruntled as I personally am at the moment with Perfect World Entertainment's newest release of the Perfect Horn which is basically nothing more than an annoying "spamming" or "shouting" device that has so rudely disrupted the normal playing environment that we were used to. Honestly, I'll never get used to this device or new nuisance tool that was thoughtlessly created for profit, but which actually violates Perfect World's own Terms of Service Agreement. Therefore, I've taken the time to create a petition/complaint form that you all may feel free to use. I've even taken the time to look up Perfect World Entertainment various forms of communication. They presently have the following options that they've neglected to include on their website their fax number, direct snail mail address, and a direct email address. They're headquartered out of Redwood City, California and please feel free to utilize the Petition form to submit a direct response to them. There is presently 3 methods to utilize, if your outside of the United States I strongly urge you to highlight and copy this entire complaint form print it out and sign it, and use their email address that is located on page five of this petition to send this complaint back to them. This petition highlights the sections starting with Section 10(a) which is "User Content" and Section 11(h)(n) perhaps with strong enough support from all of you offended users this will get the ball rolling for Perfect World to do Something about this. Thank you for your support. Furthermore, if your having a problem reading the petition I'll be glade to email the original petition, free to distribute directly to you.

Sincerely,

Mywildersyde "RiseAgain" Faction Leader

A copy of this complaint form can be located at:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&bID=532414316
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wait what if I already bought horns and don't finish using them this week? I spent the gold on it, are they going to become removed or useless if I don't finish using them before the update?
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • drayloth
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Audi - I think the point is that it should be able to be filtered out if we dont want it.
    Which some of us don't.
    The new thing you cant filter out out of squad, faction, or personal chat.
    Thats intrusive.
    And when my daughter is hanging out with me - I can't play now
  • drayloth
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No Cheze they wont make them useless im sure.
    But they better make them filterable or thier gonna lose half the player base.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dear Perfect World Users:

I'm sure many of you are about as disgruntled as I personally am at the moment .....

<snip>....

perhaps with strong enough support from all of you offended users this will get the ball rolling for Perfect World to do Something about this. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Mywildersyde "RiseAgain" Faction Leader

If you intend on organising such a thing it might have been a good idea to read the thread, including the original post?

This is totally irrelevant and can do more harm than good as it stands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • SorrowsTear - Dreamweaver
    SorrowsTear - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I find it very annoying to have my filtered chat spammed with nonsense.
    I filter them for a reason, if I wanted to see all the childish and unwanted messages I would open world chat.
    I dislike having my private chats interfered with, makes it very hard to follow what is important to me.
  • drayloth
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My forecast is if they don't fix it fast the game dies. Nuff said
    No wait - i'll say more as a programmer.
    Don't know how someone got this stupid idea approved.
    Now I'm done - off the soapbox.........
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wait what if I already bought horns and don't finish using them this week? I spent the gold on it, are they going to become removed or useless if I don't finish using them before the update?

For your sake, I sure as hell hope they are useless after the update.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Charmy_ - Sanctuary
    Charmy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've been in PW for a while now. Earlier today there weren't spams but then later in the afternoon... BAM spams just pops out! I don't like it being in squad, faction or whisper chat! b:angry When I go afk I go to my whisper window to see who needs my help etc if they whispered me. Nowww I see this stupid spams on my whisper window. I barely go on common chat cause of world chat flooding the chat. I just talk to my friends on squad, whisper and fact. And now I have to see these unwanted messages now. And personally I feel offended because what's the point of horns when we already have world chat? I think it's just for u guys to get money from us. I'm glad that ur taking the horns out b:pleased but idk if I can survive waiting for a week b:irritated b:infuriated
    Lvl 100 Sage Cleric b:cute
    I love you Zero_ IV <3 b:chuckle ^.^ (Also my in-game hubby b:pleased)
  • drayloth
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm glad that ur taking the horns out b:pleased but idk if I can survive waiting for a week b:irritated b:infuriated

back on soapbox a minute.
    Some GM or moderator talked about how it takes a long time back end on this stuff.
    BS - it can be done overnight.
    We aren't talking about a company with 8 employees.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    drayloth wrote: »
    back on soapbox a minute.
    Some GM or moderator talked about how it takes a long time back end on this stuff.
    BS - it can be done overnight.

BS - it can be done in 5 minutes.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • drayloth
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BS - it can be done in 5 minutes.

Well yeah - but they would hafta reboot the server
This discussion has been closed.