New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Options

Comments

• Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I strongly disagreed with what was agreed upon in the aformentioned post about the infamous Wizzeled although I can agree on one point of interest that was not yet agreed upon by the agreeable parties that could have indeed agreed aswell.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
    She's going off about something that you said
    'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
    I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
    And she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts
    She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers
    Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
    That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
    Been here all along, so why can't you see?
    You, you belong with me, you belong with me

Walking the streets with you and your worn-out jeans
    I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be
    Laughing on a park bench, thinking to myself
    Hey, isn't this easy?

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
    I haven't seen it in a while since she brought you down
    You say you're fine, I know you better than that
    Hey, what ya doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
    She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers
    Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
    That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
    You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your back door
    All this time how could you not know?
    Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me

Oh, I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night
    I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're 'bout to cry
    And I know your favorite songs and you tell me 'bout your dreams
    Think I know where you belong, think I know it's with me

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?
    You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your back door
    All this time, how could you not know?
    Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me

You belong with me
    Have you ever thought just maybe
    You belong with me?
    You belong with me
  • Anyasta - Dreamweaver
    Anyasta - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    MAKE THOSE DAMNED HORNS FILTERABLE! We can't read anything, just a pity, really!
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    stuff

That's a good song, why'd you have to go and ruin it? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • A/ - Harshlands8
    A/ - Harshlands8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh and what about the weetahds in HL who have been impersonating GM's and making fake system messages all day by using the horns?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh and what about the weetahds in HL who have been impersonating GM's and making fake system messages all day by using the horns?

Screenie them and report them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you so very much for removing it.
  • RaynaFire - Dreamweaver
    RaynaFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You should be able to filter them out of squad and faction chats you miss too much because of the horns it is annoying and personally I think they should be removed.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ugh did you read the first page? under the BIG RED WORDS "UPDATE"?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Our family is staying off the game until such time as the Horn is gone. We are doing this, not only to avoid the verbal sewage from it, but in protest for PWI forcing it on us, and not removing at once.

They could, if they really wanted to, but they are stringing it out, to get at least a weeks worth of money from it. as this article states so clearly, contraversy sells, and PWI is milking this for all they can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Have anyone ever thought that if they make the horns filterable, it will just be like wc, but only a bit more expensive to use, and with fancy colors and fish smilies b:laugh

It's not hard to ignore the horn chats, except when the user uses colors like blue and pink, and you start to think it's someone whispering to you at first glance. And that annoyance of "Haha, made you look!" just gets frustrated.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Have anyone ever thought that if they make the horns filterable, it will just be like wc, but only a bit more expensive to use, and with fancy colors and fish smilies b:laugh

Do you honestly think you were the first person to realise this?

If you do, you might need to, you know, grow a few brain cells. You aren't that special, and it's already been said that the filter option would make the horn another WC. The thing is, 99% of people don't give a ****, within reason, because channels like the private message channel can no longer be used for their original function.

Does a horn shout seem like a private message to you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Do you honestly think you were the first person to realise this?

If you do, you might need to, you know, grow a few brain cells. You aren't that special, and it's already been said that the filter option would make the horn another WC. The thing is, 99% of people don't give a ****, within reason, because channels like the private message channel can no longer be used for their original function.

Sorry, no I didn't noticed it was said..(no need for insults Airyll )....I have a life instead of reading 47 pages of QQs....SO you actually spent all that time reading 47 pages of posts on this thread? b:chuckle And I guess you're that 1% that does give a **** about the horns, because if you didn't you won't be so a tuned to this thread?

And yes it does seems like a private message:

"It's not hard to ignore the horn chats, except when the user uses colors like blue and pink, and you start to think it's someone whispering to you at first glance. And that annoyance of "Haha, made you look!" just gets frustrated."
  • Random_ - Dreamweaver
    Random_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Very, very often. 'specially with the pink and dark blue text and the morons that put "whispers:" before their message. >>b:sad
    Lvl7xBM||Lvl6xHAWizzie||Lvl6xVeno||Lvl6x'sin||Lvl5xCleric
    LA Fox-Veno, Psy, Pure Wizzie, LA Wizzie, HA 'sin, and Barb in the works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playin' since April of '09
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Very, very often. 'specially with the pink and dark blue text and the morons that put "whispers:" before their message. >>b:sad

I was on my alt whispering someone about faction stuff, and someone horn chatted something like "b:cry No kisses for me? b:dirtyb:kiss" and I thought it was the person I was talking to for a few seconds...but he's married irl. I was sooo confused...for about 3 seonds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Our family is staying off the game until such time as the Horn is gone. We are doing this, not only to avoid the verbal sewage from it, but in protest for PWI forcing it on us, and not removing at once.

They could, if they really wanted to, but they are stringing it out, to get at least a weeks worth of money from it. as this article states so clearly, contraversy sells, and PWI is milking this for all they can.

I HATE THIS GAME AND BUSINESS MODEL YET I CONTINUE TO PLAY THE GAME BECAUSE I AM A HUGE HYPOCRITE.

Seriously, get a life.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How bout make horns disabled in private chat only :D
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was on my alt whispering someone about faction stuff, and someone horn chatted something like "b:cry No kisses for me? b:dirtyb:kiss" and I thought it was the person I was talking to for a few seconds...but he's married irl. I was sooo confused...for about 3 seonds.

Oh Aadi, I hate to say it...

... I giggled at this. b:chuckle

-edit-

Wizzeled, stop fighting for your rights to invade the important channels that actually have a purpose and grow up a little bit. Oh, wait wait, god forbid somebody doesn't see your waste of money on their screen, right? Nevermind the fact the majority of your server probably already has you blacklisted, from what I hear of you on these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    All right guys, let's tone it down and stop insulting each other in this thread please.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh Aadi, I hate to say it...

... I giggled at this. b:chuckle

So did he b:sad That's right, make fun of the poor confused cleric. Who's healing you next time you pull aggro? Not me b:cry

...Because my heals are so pro they cross-server heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So did he b:sad That's right, make fun of the poor confused cleric. Who's healing you next time you pull aggro? Not me b:cry

...Because my heals are so pro they cross-server heal.

Come on now, it was funny. For any outsider to the situation. Who hasn't really experienced this confusing thing themselves because they've not had a chance to play the game yet.

/excuses

I'm sorry. b:surrender

And you know what? That... is pretty pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Come on now, it was funny. For any outsider to the situation. Who hasn't really experienced this confusing thing themselves because they've not had a chance to play the game yet.

/excuses

I'm sorry. b:surrender

And you know what? That... is pretty pro.

I actually have an alt on DW that I got on...once. I don't remember what class it even is though. Barb maybe?

...I laughed too though, once I saw my mistake b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I actually have an alt on DW that I got on...once. I don't remember what class it even is though. Barb maybe?

...I laughed too though, once I saw my mistake b:chuckle

Orly? Huh. I was originally going to go reroll an alt on LC, but in the end my friend bribed me to join her on Harshlands instead, and... I don't really play that alt, myself. Irony.

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    too bad, but no one is making you stay.

Our family loves this game, the beauty of it, the characters we have created are like part of our family now-we have so much fun together here. "Get a life", you say? Families getting together in the evenings to play a game is very much a part of American life- we just do it in a more modern way than pulling out a paper gameboard. Much more fun than any of the platform games we have. Our family has spent considerable money, and countless hours building up our 'online family', and it is hard to not play during this time we are waiting out the GMs getting around to taking the thing out. It is especially hard for our daughter, who was looking forward to to getting to play during her Easter vacation. But we feel that PWI has stepped over the line with the PeeHorn, and someone has to boycott by refusing to take part in the game until they are gone.

I HATE THIS GAME AND BUSINESS MODEL YET I CONTINUE TO PLAY THE GAME BECAUSE I AM A HUGE HYPOCRITE.

Seriously, get a life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Orly? Huh. I was originally going to go reroll an alt on LC, but in the end my friend bribed me to join her on Harshlands instead, and... I don't really play that alt, myself. Irony.

I have a Harshlands alt as well that I only played at school, because when HL was first released it wasn't blocked like the other servers were. And I have two HT alts as well that I made for a PWI radio station that was stationed there.

But only one of my alts is above level 30 and I regularly play it, and that's on LC. b:chuckle I can't help it, it's my home <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    too bad, but no one is making you stay.

Our family loves this game, the beauty of it, the characters we have created are like part of our family now-we have so much fun together here. "Get a life", you say? Families getting together in the evenings to play a game is very much a part of American life- we just do it in a more modern way than pulling out a paper gameboard. Much more fun than any of the platform games we have. Our family has spent considerable money, and countless hours building up our 'online family', and it is hard to not play during this time we are waiting out the GMs getting around to taking the thing out. It is especially hard for our daughter, who was looking forward to to getting to play during her Easter vacation. But we feel that PWI has stepped over the line with the PeeHorn, and someone has to boycott by refusing to take part in the game until they are gone.

Let's try this.

For every person that boycotts, 2 more continue to spend cash.

AND guess what, they remove it? You'll end up spending hte money you didn't this week soon, they'll do a sale or something and BAM make up the cash they didn't get from those that "boycotted" this week.

Nothing you do will "beat" PWI, they will get your cash no matter what, whether you spend it now or later, all u're doing is torturing yourselfs PWI wont miss a few thousand dollars for a week, bills are paid at the end of the month :P
    edited April 2010
    Options

You should come play with my alt on LC b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have a Harshlands alt as well that I only played at school, because when HL was first released it wasn't blocked like the other servers were. And I have two HT alts as well that I made for a PWI radio station that was stationed there.

But only one of my alts is above level 30 and I regularly play it, and that's on LC. b:chuckle I can't help it, it's my home <3

Heh, I only have one alt above level 30, and that's my beloved Venomancer who also lives on Dreamweaver. The next highest alt would be the Harshlands one, who's somewhere in the area of the low 20s [with the exception of an Assassin on DW I don't play anymore] and I haven't played that little cleric recently because my friend hasn't been able to get online. [We both made clerics and decided to play them at the exact same time for the lulz of it all. Strangely fun twist to the game.]

So I know what you mean about a particular server being your home. I miss all my friends on DW if I play a different server for too long. b:surrender

-edit-

Ted, define the meaning of "play" here. Not that I don't trust you and all, but... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It is especially hard for our daughter, who was looking forward to to getting to play during her Easter vacation. But we feel that PWI has stepped over the line with the PeeHorn, and someone has to boycott by refusing to take part in the game until they are gone.

I would hate to have you as a mom. Nerfing my Spring Break because of a single CS item.

b:victory
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ted, define the meaning of "play" here. Not that I don't trust you and all, but... b:chuckle

b:shy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:shy

Don't scare Airyll off D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.