New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If it was as simple as that, the Horns would be out of the Boutique right now. Unfortunately, the back-end process is more complex than this.

Best fix....just make a new tele that works in common chat (you already have the filter in place) that has those features, game, set, match thank you come again b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I for one appreciate that we've been listened to and the horns will be removed as soon as possible (at least until the issues can be addressed).

Those that are still complaining need to show some appreciation that this is the case.

Thank you very much for hearing us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • KillaKiya - Sanctuary
    KillaKiya - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys,

We realize there are a lot of vocal opinions about the new Perfect Horn; please let us know what you think about it in this thread.

Personally, I'm on Heaven's Tear right now to gauge the situation, and I've seen about one Horn message per minute. I'm thinking that Horn usage will decrease a bit once everyone gets his chance to try the new item, but we'll see.

So please share your thoughts on the subject here. Thanks :)

UPDATE:

We hear you loud and clear, and we'll do what we can to fix things.

The item will be removed as soon as possible (next week is the target) from the Boutique, and will not be reintroduced to the game until it has been changed for the better.

Thank you all for your feedback :)

Frankie i hate to sound mean or selfish but next week is simply NOT good enuf they need to go NOW we did not ask that you place these things in ours and our childrens faces and ruin what was a great game for greed you did that without even thinking and for all those that will now wail on about at least the GMs have listened and i should be grateful they are doing something.... hold on stop right there its their job to listen and fix things why should i have to bend over backwards to now show gratitude to the company that has slapped me and my children in the face with obcenities... and for all of your information NO pwi does not do my babysitting i always observe & protect my family/children from obcenitys when they are online so u can imagine my disgust upon logging in to find i no longer had that right ... well u will be noticing a few less players on PWI than you already are experiencing but then u can blame that on ur own greed gone too far i hope for your sakes it was worth pushing the customer base that hard!!!!
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Frankie i hate to sound mean or selfish but next week is simply NOT good enuf they need to go NOW we did not ask that you place these things in ours and our childrens faces and ruin what was a great game for greed you did that without even thinking and for all those that will now wail on about at least the GMs have listened and i should be grateful they are doing something.... hold on stop right there its their job to listen and fix things why should i have to bend over backwards to now show gratitude to the company that has slapped me and my children in the face with obcenities... and for all of your information NO pwi does not do my babysitting i always observe & protect my family/children from obcenitys when they are online so u can imagine my disgust upon logging in to find i no longer had that right ... well u will be noticing a few less players on PWI than you already are experiencing but then u can blame that on ur own greed gone too far i hope for your sakes it was worth pushing the customer base that hard!!!!

agreed

/10char
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010

hey Another oracle nub! :D

Ever stop to think that they can only legally shut down the servers for emergency's (game breaking not QQmaking) or once a week for a maintenance? I mean it's PLAUSIBLE.

qq-qq-moar-crying-demotivational-poster-1221788988.jpg
    lessqqmoarp128551711655762836.jpg
    wahmbulance-300x196.jpg
    3776047216_52c61cd233_o.jpg
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hey Another oracle nub! :D

Ever stop to think that they can only legally shut down the servers for emergency's (game breaking not QQmaking) or once a week for a maintenance? I mean it's PLAUSIBLE.
    says another lvl 100 from the same time..

the complains and concers Kiya has are legitamate.

edit: and on that note I'll leave it to Kiya to tear into you
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • KillaKiya - Sanctuary
    KillaKiya - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually unlike u Wiz im not an oracle noob and also its pretty plausable that the game gets shut down oh and not by PWI themselves and seeing as u are one of the biggest WC spammers anyway your bound to be rolling around in distress at the thought of not being heard by everybody anymore ....
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thank you for listening, i couldnt even do Rebirtth without some oracaler nubing it up. once again thank u :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay, I don't like the horns at all. I don't think it's good for anyone [children OR adults] to be reading the **** that spews from them...regardless of age, some of the spam is pretty moronic and should be allowed to be filtered.

BUT PEOPLE they are removing them and figuring out a way to fix them. I understand the complaints about the horns, but there are STILL people unhappy about them fixing them? You have to remember that the consumers have a give-and-take relationship with the company. So they asked us what we thought; they got our feedback. They are changing things to accommodate our feedback. Now please have a little respect and realise that they're actually doing something about an issue at this time...don't ruin it by complaining about every little damn thing.
  • ViAudi - Archosaur
    ViAudi - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Communication can break or make a game..

b:surrender

These Horns will break the game..

b:sad

Please remove the horns they interfere with my game play and are very disturbing.. its bad enough to worrie about world chat as it is..

b:angry

Back to coloring in my Jumbo PWI Coloring Book!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This kind of **** is why it needs to be removed ASAP.

phchat2-1.jpg

Hard to keep track of squad chat with this kind of **** every few seconds, not to mention the "WTS" this and "WTB" that. If you wanted a spicy new world chat, then change the world chat we already have and, heck, even charge more for it if the market will bear it. Whatever. Why add the same thing all over again. 2 world chats - no waiting. DUH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oddly enough, a good number of guilds on the DW server were adding horns as bannable offences to their own ToS.

I have to admit, it crossed my mind. I just won't do it because I don't like to prevent people from using features which are intended to be used. So unless it's uncontrollable uber immature annoying craptastic stuff... I won't boot people from my faction for it. (Yet anyways.)

And when it turns into another good ol' chat, I might use it too. But def. not before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys,

UPDATE:

We hear you loud and clear, and we'll do what we can to fix things.

The item will be removed as soon as possible (next week is the target) from the Boutique, and will not be reintroduced to the game until it has been changed for the better.

Thank you all for your feedback :)

Thank you Freankieraye for the update and Thank you PWI for hearing us. I honestly believe that this was never meant to get past the filters but just be a tool to do "normal" WorldChat with enhanced colors and cuteness. I'm sure it's just a glitch that's easily fixed. I'm also sure those who continue to use them them are totally clueless (or not) about how THEY are responsible for most of the anger being directed at PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dont hate the horn, sure giving everyone the power to spam like a gm in all chats is annoying but still, no hate on the horn. I just think that it should be optional to turn on and off in the system settings here http://i42.tinypic.com/w86r6h.png
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay, I don't like the horns at all. I don't think it's good for anyone [children OR adults] to be reading the **** that spews from them...regardless of age, some of the spam is pretty moronic and should be allowed to be filtered.

BUT PEOPLE they are removing them and figuring out a way to fix them. I understand the complaints about the horns, but there are STILL people unhappy about them fixing them? You have to remember that the consumers have a give-and-take relationship with the company. So they asked us what we thought; they got our feedback. They are changing things to accommodate our feedback. Now please have a little respect and realise that they're actually doing something about an issue at this time...don't ruin it by complaining about every little damn thing.

This isn't a "little damn thing." We have the option to buy this pack or that mount or whatever, but we have no choice but to read the childish rantings of idiots who have nothing better to do than make it hard to communicate in the game. How stupid do you have to be to put this in the game and not put in a way to filter it out?

Respect is a 2 way street. Maybe it is time PWI started respecting us for a change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    One week to fix it? If any player keep spamming in the wrong part of the forum will the moderators and adms take one week to fix it? Why should we wait one week with ppl spamming in our in game chat(what's worse because there's more ppl @ game than @forum)?

... btw, I've seen some boutique itens getting available WITH the bloody server online (the "steal your money" coral pack for example, it was available one hour or 5 hours after the maintance was complete and the server on), but you guys preffer to push to wrong way, getting the costumer more and more pissed...
  • Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
    Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Horns are runing the game unless u give us a filter 2 block them
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Right on b:victory

And hey, they didn't instead add blacklist extention or horn blocking items, did they?
    As Rillien said
    They screwed up, asked us for input, and did what was best. They are taking the horns out of the boutiqe as soon as possible.

This was just a HUGE mistake that obviosly wasnt thought out enough.
    I'm glad they are planning to fix it, and I hope they fire whoevers idea it was to add them in the first place. Or at least give that person a good slap in the face for pretty much stepping on all of us.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have to admit, it crossed my mind. I just won't do it because I don't like to prevent people from using features which are intended to be used. So unless it's uncontrollable uber immature annoying craptastic stuff... I won't boot people from my faction for it. (Yet anyways.)

And when it turns into another good ol' chat, I might use it too. But def. not before.

Completely understandable.

But the very fact that certain guilds are going that far to try and eliminate the nusance of these horns shows just how stupid an idea they were in the first place. Never, ever, give the player base any amount of GM/Mod power. It's just going to get abused.

*wonders if GM capes will be added to CS in 6 months for 200 gold...*
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yipee the horn is going to be removed! that is a start. maybe as a sign of good faith, GM's can spend a little more time in game to keep the spamming of TOS violations at bay. i mean it is the least you can do. i am still at a loss as to who thought this was a good idea in the first place. seems rather strange that a few players have already figured out patches to avoid the spam yet the developers take a week.

maybe forum mods can take over moderating in game chat violations. if someone spams or curses on the forum it is immediately taken care of. in game seems to be totally ignored since i see the same people making the same violations day after day. more people play the game than the fraction of players that use the forum. priorities seem to be a bit off.... imho.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    maybe forum mods can take over moderating in game chat violations. if someone spams or curses on the forum it is immediately taken care of. in game seems to be totally ignored since i see the same people making the same violations day after day. more people play the game than the fraction of players that use the forum. priorities seem to be a bit off.... imho.

I actually asked about that once. Will not happen though as the GM's had trouble enough getting the power they do have. China wanted them to go without anything. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    seems like every week there is another stickied QQ thread. they just keep messing up huh
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok I logged in and the horns are annoying as hell.. i take back the thing where i called everyone a QQer... I suggest that we make the Horns 1 per hour... so that u can only use a horn once every hour.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually, anyone who was on Lost City server, late October of 2008, will remember clearly people being banned publicly for using profanity. That was when my son and I first came to this game, and it was one of the big 'selling points' to us, as we had been in another game where the public chat was totally unmoderated. It has been with great sadness that we have seen the game slide downhill from those early days where the TOS was upheld, and a parent could feel safe permitting their children to play a game with such beauty, run by a company that took care of its customers. The GMs were familiar to players, and we felt that we could take a problem to them and receive help with it. Why is it that this was stopped? We've wondered that it was that the GMs were moved to the new games, to work those, as we have seen old, familiar names such as Divorak in other PWD forums.

Please, we know it can be done ingame, since it was when PWI first began. And today we have seen fast moderation here. So lets have ingame moderation back, if the horn is going to be back again?

I actually asked about that once. Will not happen though as the GM's had trouble enough getting the power they do have. China wanted them to go without anything. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • drayloth
    drayloth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If it's not removed I quit the game - period.
    Squad chat in hard dungeons is virtually useless.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Quit then :D unless you drop wads of cash PWI wont miss you to be honest, mean, true and well tough.

I'm hated cuz I spam, yet I don't be nice I be brutally honest <3
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    real world, did i miss something there thought this was a game.

And as a game it has a young player group and bad language of any kind should be able to be filtered out, or do you not care about this

i pretty much dont give a **** about language.. cursing , non cursing same thing aslong as the person drives home the point and saves me from reading an essay
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2010

A game without GMs/GM powers eh?

Further confirms my suspicions that the devs in Beijing not only don't care about the player's behaviour and well being but actually want to minimize it in favour of money-making schemes as highlighted in this presentation. At first I didn't believe it, but now I realise I didn't want to believe it. That's how the big gaming corporations make their money.

I have probably gone off the wrong end of the stick/misunderstood, as usual, but the above paragraph still stands for this thread's main topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A game without GMs/GM powers eh?

Further confirms my suspicions that the devs in Beijing not only don't care about the player's behaviour and well being but actually want to minimize it in favour of money-making schemes as highlighted in this presentation. At first I didn't believe it, but now I realise I didn't want to believe it. That's how the big gaming corporations make their money.

I have probably gone off the wrong end of the stick/misunderstood, as usual, but the above paragraph still stands for this thread's main topic.
    I've been studying this game for a while, mainly to see the player reactions to certain things, so I would not make the same mistakes in that same sense. Although this game may not be the worst, This is not how I want a game that I'd want to make to end up, in terms of the main developers only caring about the money they make, and not the concerns of its players/GMs.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.