signatures are stupid.

end of story.
  • Selphiiie - Heavens Tear
    Selphiiie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    signatures are stupid.

end of story.

there nice in small doses, gives one the opportunity to showoff a bit

then too big is too much, i always like a sig pic, but not a epic huge one, looks stupid

but if thats your opinion :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    only prob i got with sigs is they don't support BB code or allow transparency =\

Couldn't you just make the background the color of the forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited February 2010
    Couldn't you just make the background the color of the forums?

ya thats what ive had to, but dosent help after youve made it; and didnt save a editable version with layers XD

wee should have my main unbanned tomoz ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Where's that magicHamsta when you need him? b:chuckle

Yoh hoz Hamsta..... we need you to show your novel like signature and the siggy. b:victory

Hamsta is not in this thread..... I wonder why.....
    He already posted.

me noob power be powerful enough to do that.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    hamsta shut that fkin sig up lol, atleast make it black text so we cant see it ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OMG yes, put a limit on them.

The arguement that noone plays MMO's on dial up or slow speeds is irrelevant. Is this an MMO? No, its a forum.
    I am on it currently from my blackberry browser. These super long novel-like signatures are brutal for mobile browsing. Why on my phone? Because I am at work, and like to read up on discussions when I can.
    And I'm sure there are others who do the same.

Don't assume the world is all browsing here on broadband.

**edit**
    And on a related note, people should stop quoting walls of text, in the very next post. If the reply is pages later, then yeah. But why do it when you're the next poster in line?
  • Starsfillia - Sanctuary
    Starsfillia - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wafflechan your sing is from the game GrandChase
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like chesse
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd support a considerably shorter limit, as the OP described.

~ OR ~

Another common technique to deal with this, which might be worth mentioning:

Signature only appears in the individual's first post in a thread. Sometimes this is also combined with making sigs visible only to users who are logged in.

EDITED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    there already be a siggy limit
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yea, there's already a limit, my original signature file was too big, so I'm testing this one out.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:sweat hamsta could you shorten your sig or something i have slow internet and it takes a while to load
    ~*ON TOPIC*~
    isnt there already a limit on the sigs? why would you wanna make it smaller? the only ppl i've seen with walls of text as their sig is hamsta and the other girl wafflechan mentioned, everyone else just puts a picture of something they like, a picture of their character, damage they think was funny, stuff like that. b:surrender hamsta just posts to much, guess he earned his wall of text
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yea, the limit is placed on the size of the file of the image, not the text that is used. But large siggies don't bother me anyhow, I just scroll past them. Seems people just want to be lazy and save a second or two from having to scroll.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there already be a siggy limit
    b:sweat
    u already passed it......... >_>

YOU'RE one to talk........
    ......... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:sad
    me siggy be too long?
    :<

Yes... you prolly did it to **** off spoons o.o

!~Me
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i already made my sig small b:chuckle spoons told me to and i got an ok on the current one. My bad for not being able to PM everyone using this forum.
    (I wonder if this is waffles' small harassment for having to leave our faction lol, his wife was saying he had a raging fit 'like a child' in a personal PM to me afterwards, regardless the fact that all the officers took their time to have a meeting with him. Oh my, if this thread gets longer i might have to spill even moar details!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1 picture and 4 lines of text, or 8 lines of text w/ no picture.

I agree, this should be sufficient enough.
  • PandaTheWise - Sanctuary
    PandaTheWise - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If your computer/laptop is that fail to not be able to load a few lines, then you shouldn't even be playing PWI.
    /thread
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If your computer/laptop is that fail to not be able to load a few lines, then you shouldn't even be playing PWI.
    /thread

If I post after you wrote "/thread" meaning that you ended the thread, that means you did not end the thread, and thus you lie.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    /thread

My personal dislike is that while reading a thread, you're receiving small nuggets of useful information, then there are massive chasms in between, due to the excessive signatures.

Case in point.

If an option were added (as I mentioned previously) to only display individuals' signatures in their first post in a thread, it wouldn't be an issue really.

Failing that, I think wafflechan's idea is better than having so called walls-of-text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Seriously, some people need to get over theirselves and learn that they can't always have things their way. Star's and Hamsta's signatures do NOT hurt any of you. You're on a blackberry at work and surfing the forums? Well for one, when I am at work I actually work. When I go on break/lunch well, that's MY time. But I can actually live with out the forums during my 9 hour's of work.

Guess what, here's a novel idea! Stop stressing over a signature! It really won't hurt you to scroll down a bit more. The rare times when I do look at the forums on my smart phone while waiting through the music at the movies, I deal with signatures. It really doesn't hurt me. No point in being a crying about it. There are more important things to focus on than tearing people down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My personal dislike is that while reading a thread, you're receiving small nuggets of useful information, then there are massive chasms in between, due to the excessive signatures.

Case in point.

If an option were added (as I mentioned previously) to only display individuals' signatures in their first post in a thread, it wouldn't be an issue really.

Failing that, I think wafflechan's idea is better than having so called walls-of-text.
    win :]

nast, thats just a fancy way of saying QQ more. quit posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited February 2010
    i already made my sig small b:chuckle spoons told me to and i got an ok on the current one. My bad for not being able to PM everyone using this forum.
    (I wonder if this is waffles' small harassment for having to leave our faction lol, his wife was saying he had a raging fit 'like a child' in a personal PM to me afterwards, regardless the fact that all the officers took their time to have a meeting with him. Oh my, if this thread gets longer i might have to spill even moar details!)

me has also been asked by spoons to shorten me siggy and has got me current one okied.
    b:surrender
    and besides....
    me siggy be awesome.
    (>.<)'
    it has teh ability to show GMs in their natural state....and slight mind altering properties.
    b:pleased
    xD
    b:avoid
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Seriously, some people need to get over theirselves and learn that they can't always have things their way. Star's and Hamsta's signatures do NOT hurt any of you. You're on a blackberry at work and surfing the forums? Well for one, when I am at work I actually work. When I go on break/lunch well, that's MY time. But I can actually live with out the forums during my 9 hour's of work.

Thanks for making snap judgments about my job. I am there for 12 hours, and like you say my downtime/breaktime is MY time. If I choose to check out PWI forums on my BB, and forget about work for a few mins then whatever. You say people need to get over themselves and not tear each other down.....yet you just did that about how I spend any break time at work.

Many forums limit signature size, because honestly, noone wants to read that 1000 times over. Especially when some of the client base is visiting from a more limited version of the net, like smartphones.
    Its very frustrating trying to read a post and get the info when there's incredible walls of useless text between it all.
    On a 23" monitor, maybe its not big a deal, but on a netbook, or smartphone or whatever, its a bit much.

If not limiting the size, then the option to disable seeing them at all. Then people can have 200 lines signatures all they want.
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for making snap judgments about my job. I am there for 12 hours, and like you say my downtime/breaktime is MY time. If I choose to check out PWI forums on my BB, and forget about work for a few mins then whatever. You say people need to get over themselves and not tear each other down.....yet you just did that about how I spend any break time at work.

Many forums limit signature size, because honestly, noone wants to read that 1000 times over. Especially when some of the client base is visiting from a more limited version of the net, like smartphones.
    Its very frustrating trying to read a post and get the info when there's incredible walls of useless text between it all.
    On a 23" monitor, maybe its not big a deal, but on a netbook, or smartphone or whatever, its a bit much.

If not limiting the size, then the option to disable seeing them at all. Then people can have 200 lines signatures all they want.
    you are of working age, a whopping 12hrs, and you still complain about a mere blackberry usage? cant imagine the intolerable, sleepless, pain and sorrow it is giving you.

....Guess growing old is diff. from growing up huh...
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010

Case in point.

The name of the person is blurred because absolutely no one knows who posted that. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited February 2010
    The name of the person is blurred because absolutely no one knows who posted that. b:chuckle
    i wonder if thats categorized as loopholes b:chuckle
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    i wonder if thats categorized as loopholes b:chuckle

No sir, I don't know who that is, she blurred his name!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    you are of working age, a whopping 12hrs, and you still complain about a mere blackberry usage? cant imagine the intolerable, sleepless, pain and sorrow it is giving you.

....Guess growing old is diff. from growing up huh...

Its a matter of consideration. If you can't see that in any way whatsoever, and choose instead to throw sarcastic remarks back then I don't think you can preach about growing up. Instead of an actual debate on why you, and others, insist on incredibly long signatures, you attack. I've given my reasons as to why I think they should be limited. I've yet to see a point made on the other side other than the people who chose instead to throw witty sarcasm in instead. If you have a valid point, then make it. And the argument "spoons said I'm ok" is not a valid reason as to why.
    I won't reply here anymore unless an actual post about the topic comes up.