PWI - Darkness Falls.

Options
LukeTheQuick - Archosaur
LukeTheQuick - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestion Box
Hello PWI fans!

These are a few suggestions for a new update for PWI.
Ignore the name 'Darkness Falls' it just came to me, and it's a pretty good horror film too. ;)

For some time now I have been looking for a game that could satisfy my needs and tastes that PWI just wasn't doing.. Then I thought, maybe PWI would be great with these things.. I'm not gonna go into too much detail because barely anyone will see this post, but these are some things I would LOVE to see in the game.

Classes:
Vampire:
Description: Now, you may think this would be a huge downer on the game, but I have to disagree, I think PWI could do with something new and exciting like this!
They would use fists/claws or maybe even a new weapon set. They would be faster than the other classes, they would gain HP quicker than other classes, have fair HP, a limit of 2.5 APS (Vampires tend to be strong as moderately fast when attacking) 5APS would make them
OP. They would have a healing skill (Vampires tend to heal on TV shows and films) They would be able to teleport. They may even be able to use a feed skill to heal (Not sure how that would work but just seems cool) where they can feed on a mob or a party member to gain health slowly for 60 seconds or so. An increase physical damage and aps skill (Player based, not genie) I haven't really thought much into this class, I just love vampires and love PWI.. And Forsaken Worlds vampire didn't satisfy me, neither did the game.

Official Perfect World chat and guide mobile application:
Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows.
Description: The chat side of this could help PWI Faction leaders heavily. Perhaps you're apart of a huge faction and you want to talk to your members, maybe you're a leader and you need to warn your faction there is a big event coming up, all of which you are unable to do because you're out with the family, walking the dog or just simply can't use the computer.. Well, this app would put an end to all that. You could log into the app, and it could say '[Player Name] has logged in using PWI iOS' this will alert your faction you're able to talk but not able to play. Same applies with your friends list, if someone PMs you it will say '[Player name] is currently using PWI iOS. They are able to talk but not able to play' You could maybe even use world chat.

That's all I have for now.
One other thing I would like to see change is a new offers system so we can earn silver and gold easier.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
Post edited by LukeTheQuick - Archosaur on

Comments

• anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Vampire as you've presented it sounds really close to Assassin. Bloodpaint is pretty much a feeding skill, and they can teleport.

Better offers would be nice. But it's the same with any game. I'm sure they just all use the same service.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • LukeTheQuick - Archosaur
    LukeTheQuick - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    Vampire as you've presented it sounds really close to Assassin. Bloodpaint is pretty much a feeding skill, and they can teleport.

Better offers would be nice. But it's the same with any game. I'm sure they just all use the same service.

The vampire would obviously be a lot more different than I wrote it, I haven't thought much about it as I've said, I see where you're coming from, just thought it would be a nice addition, even if it is more magic based. I guess PWI isn't really the game for vampires, it would need a better combat system to be able to play one, or like you said it would just be an assassin.
  • skullterror
    skullterror Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hello PWI fans!

Ignore the name 'Darkness Falls' it just came to me, and it's a pretty good horror film too. ;)

For some time now I have been looking for a game that could satisfy my needs and tastes that PWI just wasn't doing.. Then I thought, maybe PWI would be great with these things.. I'm not gonna go into too much detail because barely anyone will see this post, but these are some things I would LOVE to see in the game.

Classes:
    Vampire:
    Description: Now, you may think this would be a huge downer on the game, but I have to disagree, I think PWI could do with something new and exciting like this!
    They would use fists/claws or maybe even a new weapon set. They would be faster than the other classes, they would gain HP quicker than other classes, have fair HP, a limit of 2.5 APS (Vampires tend to be strong as moderately fast when attacking) 5APS would make them
    OP. They would have a healing skill (Vampires tend to heal on TV shows and films) They would be able to teleport. They may even be able to use a feed skill to heal (Not sure how that would work but just seems cool) where they can feed on a mob or a party member to gain health slowly for 60 seconds or so. An increase physical damage and aps skill (Player based, not genie) I haven't really thought much into this class, I just love vampires and love PWI.. And Forsaken Worlds vampire didn't satisfy me, neither did the game.

Official Perfect World chat and guide mobile application:
    Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows.
    Description: The chat side of this could help PWI Faction leaders heavily. Perhaps you're apart of a huge faction and you want to talk to your members, maybe you're a leader and you need to warn your faction there is a big event coming up, all of which you are unable to do because you're out with the family, walking the dog or just simply can't use the computer.. Well, this app would put an end to all that. You could log into the app, and it could say '[Player Name] has logged in using PWI iOS' this will alert your faction you're able to talk but not able to play. Same applies with your friends list, if someone PMs you it will say '[Player name] is currently using PWI iOS. They are able to talk but not able to play' You could maybe even use world chat.

One other thing I would like to see change is a new offers system so we can earn silver and gold easier.

Gain HP quicker= Blood paint
    Able to teleport= Shadow teleport or Shadow jump
    Healing Skill= Deaden Nerves
    5Aps= TT99 wrists, boots, lionheart necklace and belt, R8 top, T2 greaves, T2 or T3 dags and a toem with -0,05
    feed skill to heal= not a feed skill cause doesnt heal but transfare damage: Death Chain

Your Vampire to similar to Assassin
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It will be nice instead if we get a bard or a class that uses whip as a weapon.
    b:pleased
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Google Bard. Bards are musicians why would him use a whip? oO

In most old-style paper&pencil RPGs, the bard is very good with charisma and socials and can use his songs to hipnotize/disrupt people as well as making their allies stronger and revigorated.

So, the bard would be a support class.

For OP: I don't like the vampire idea sorry.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Google Bard. Bards are musicians why would him use a whip? oO

In most old-style paper&pencil RPGs, the bard is very good with charisma and socials and can use his songs to hipnotize/disrupt people as well as making their allies stronger and revigorated.

So, the bard would be a support class.

For OP: I don't like the vampire idea sorry.

I said Bard or another class that use whip as a weapon. Cant find a name in my mind for it. I didnt said the bard be the one that uses whip, lol. Or they can make both as part of a new race with 2 new classes.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I said Bard or another class that use whip as a weapon. Cant find a name in my mind for it. I didnt said the bard be the one that uses whip, lol. Or they can make both as part of a new race with 2 new classes.

(W)hipster?
    Succubus?
    BDSM dungeon master/mistress?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    According to most classical games, whip using class is "Lasher"
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • napgenius
    napgenius Posts: 21
    edited June 2014
    Options
    (W)hipster?
    Succubus?
    BDSM dungeon master/mistress?

Don't think Storm Mistress would appreciate anyone stealing her fire. Even when some poor veno shows up wearing Domino fash, she gets pretty saucy.
    Lol'd at Whipster - what would the skills be like?

Condescension
    Required Cultivation: Aware of Ennui
    Passive-aggressively insult your enemy's indie cred and punctuate your blithe ribbing with a cavalier flick of your whip, decreasing their Pabst defense by 500% for 7 seconds
    Mains: Opera - Harmony ♥ Europa - Infinity
    "Alts": Fandango - Zephyr ♥ Boomslang - Five Venoms
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Vampires no it's something I associate with Forsaken World and I just personally hate them, Twilight may have some effect on this, sorry but stupid idea overall, I mean we already have bunnies running around with a stick hitting other bunnies.

Edit: Darkness Falls would be good Expansion name for the patch that reverts everything back to Vanilla.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    Options
    napgenius wrote: »
    Don't think Storm Mistress would appreciate anyone stealing her fire. Even when some poor veno shows up wearing Domino fash, she gets pretty saucy.
    Lol'd at Whipster - what would the skills be like?

Condescension
    Required Cultivation: Aware of Ennui
    Passive-aggressively insult your enemy's indie cred and punctuate your blithe ribbing with a cavalier flick of your whip, decreasing their Pabst defense by 500% for 7 seconds

http://youtu.be/SbIlxeTBrvo

Kinda awesome what that Five Venom can do with that whip ha.? You tried to be funny but you werent .I do want to see something similar to that in PW.
  • napgenius
    napgenius Posts: 21
    edited June 2014
    Options
    http://youtu.be/SbIlxeTBrvo

Kinda awesome what that Five Venom can do with that whip ha.? You tried to be funny but you werent .I do want to see something similar to that in PW.

'Whipster' = combination of 'whip' + 'hipster.' I wasn't insulting the whip idea, it just conjured a silly image in my brain.

The whip thing is fascinating, but PWI isn't supposed to get any more classes unless the wild thought strikes the game's developers at Wanmei, who probably don't read these threads. I wonder what kind of role it or any other new class would play; there's already so much overlap.

Five Venom does look like the most fun and I love the aesthetic. Usually it's the E'mei/healer class that is gender locked to females and I'm grateful for this design choice.
    Mains: Opera - Harmony ♥ Europa - Infinity
    "Alts": Fandango - Zephyr ♥ Boomslang - Five Venoms
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

I play a class that uses a whip for a weapon in a certain other MMO game... b:laughb:chuckle
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hello PWI fans!

Classes:
    Vampire:

I like the name Darkness Falls. Making me want to write a historical backstory for it, as well as implement ideas for that expansion...and its not even my idea. b:shutupb:laugh

As many have said however, your class is very similar to assassins.
    Increase speed.
    Aps
    Bloodpaint
    Teleport
    Stealth

In many ways, they are like vampires...except a fishy version.

That said, I don't disagree wholeheartedly with the ideas of vampires, or other classes. For these classes, we could say that they've been infected by the wraith's essence (In a new map), though not tainted to the core, certain effects have been made on them, granting them some unnatural power...to go along with PWI's natural storyline. (****, I said part of my backstory idea. Oh well. :P)

For vampires however, I look at them as more mystical. Yes, they do have naturally powerful physiques, but giving them too much would make them overpowered, hence why with the wraith's tainted certain people, it would allow for certain vampiric abilities, but to a lesser ability than actual vampires...so as to not break the (Nonexistent balance).

Vampires feeding on party members...Nah. I think it should be more of an attack ability. I'll through a wellspring on said vampire for trying to feed on me. Bad Vampire. You go away. >_<

For a suggestion (and this is just constructive criticism here)...try to have the vampires have 2 types...physical and magical, since vampires do use both elements. I would say to try to have both classes use both types, but each to a stronger degree. Also, try not to focus exclusively on the elements of pure vampires. That would work on games like (that game where we play as the Dovahkin), but not necessarily here.

Just to add to it, I'd like to see vampires use ice attacks, though it'd be categorized as water.

Problems with vampires are that other classes already have elements of them:

Stealth: Assassins/Archers
    Teleportation: Assassins (Archers and Wizards with their leaps)
    "Feeding skill" Assassins (Clerics with Elven Boon)
    Summoning: Venomancers/Mystics
    "Ice attacks"" Psychics/Wizards
    Aps: Any melee that isn't a seeker.
    Fast Speed: Assassins, Archers, Barbs, Venomancers
    Healing: Clerics/Mystics
    Pdef Debuff: Venos/Barbs/BM's/Clerics/Mystics
    Fire skills: Wizards

I know that I added a few things that weren't there originally, but just trying to go along with some of the vampiric attributes. Lol. I'd like to see some beings partially tainted by wraiths. "Wraithbloods" that happen to have vampiric/werewolf/monster like attributes. I do think that would be a nice and interesting twist on things. The biggest problem that arrives is creating classes that don't disturb the PVE and PVP balance, nor classes that replace other classes.

Great....seeing your post and writing on this got my mind swirling with ideas. Guess I'd create an idea post too when I feel up to it. LOL. b:laugh

I'm not going to say anything about the faction suggestion, as I've been factionless since day one. LOL.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I think PWRD settled down the final set-up of classes for PWI.
    And I hope so. b:laugh
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]