Feels like i hit a wall =(

Options
azur3r0nin
azur3r0nin Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
i've been playing this game for some months now and i have a level 80 seeker. i've had some semblance of a plan on what i want for gear and how to get it so far but now it feels like i'm stuck in gear,coin and levels. so now when i log on i wander around after doing my BH's with no clear goal of what to do or where to go to advance my character. at the back of mind i'm thinking i may be forced to cash shop as a way to keep advancing. but for now it feels like there's nothing else i can do on my own at least. any advice?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by azur3r0nin on

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    azur3r0nin wrote: »
    i've been playing this game for some months now and i have a level 80 seeker. i've had some semblance of a plan on what i want for gear and how to get it so far but now it feels like i'm stuck in gear,coin and levels. so now when i log on i wander around after doing my BH's with no clear goal of what to do or where to go to advance my character. at the back of mind i'm thinking i may be forced to cash shop as a way to keep advancing. but for now it feels like there's nothing else i can do on my own at least. any advice?

You can sell low-level materials (using low-level character for drop) or high level materials(including herbs), which you can gather or get from mobs.

This is only source, which is not dependent from amount of gold, which you have or from quests available.

I myself have low-level characters (less than level 30) with 1 million of spirit available (all experience dumped in .. you know what) for above purposes at low levels.

And it will be work, of course, not game.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I could write a book to reply to you but I wont however there are many aspects to your situation. Unless you merch or cs you wont get op gear in a hurry, so make sure your expectations match your outlay. I've been playing casually for some years and in bh's my level most other players do 10 x my damage.

On the other hand, some of the things you need are so easy to obtain now if others help you, due to them being super OP - especially bh's and other bosses.

For starters you need to get to 100 - why - because its easy money. A few excitement cards here and there and the coins add up.

For non rb chars 80+ levelling is still a pain in the butt. Do your dailies - that includes bh, Twilight Survivor, paperclip for villa, crazy stone. Always watch world chat because lots of op's do quick bh runs nowadays.

Keep a close eye out for offers of free FC xp rooms - I still see a few pop up for seekers - but to be eligible you need to be a good seeker - learn how to pull groups of mobs and use vortex and set up a basic genie.

I don't know how many accounts you have, but you are allowed to have 2. If you have one account with a 71/61/51 and 41 level char - that earns you 450,000 coins each day just speaking with Jolly old Jones for a few seconds each.

Make sure you're in a faction with a base because bases have great "almost free' buffs and good xp for doing the level 90+ base dailies. When you are eligible get into Morai as soon as you are eligible and do all the quests because for pvp the free level 95+ gear set is good.

Regularly get into others FB's or BH's if you have time in the hope of the yellow gear drops, otherwise continually watch the auction house for gears and molds cheap - watch prices - you might see a piece of armour today for a millions coins, that's someone else will offload for 200k another day.

Anywhere theres a couple things. Good luck. If you learn to merchant, you might bypass all this and buy rank 9 in a month......
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ...If you learn to merchant, you might bypass all this and buy rank 9 in a month......

Also everyone may use this tactic.

But only few can, since amount of gold available is less than amount of players, which want rank 9.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have to say that 80+ are most boring 10 lvl in game for me without any interesting content.

To get money best thing would be farming herbs and mats. Merchanting is always option if you like it and you good at it.

People at 80+ mostly focus on lvling trough fc/bh. I would suggest to do fc as much as you can (will make you learn your class) to lvl at least till 95 because you can start doing Morai stuff then and you will have much more dailies and stuff to do.

More coins will come after you get 100 lvl.

Gl
  • AirialAce - Morai
    AirialAce - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I could write a book to reply to you but I wont however there are many aspects to your situation. Unless you merch or cs you wont get op gear in a hurry, so make sure your expectations match your outlay. I've been playing casually for some years and in bh's my level most other players do 10 x my damage.

On the other hand, some of the things you need are so easy to obtain now if others help you, due to them being super OP - especially bh's and other bosses.

For starters you need to get to 100 - why - because its easy money. A few excitement cards here and there and the coins add up.

For non rb chars 80+ levelling is still a pain in the butt. Do your dailies - that includes bh, Twilight Survivor, paperclip for villa, crazy stone. Always watch world chat because lots of op's do quick bh runs nowadays.

Keep a close eye out for offers of free FC xp rooms - I still see a few pop up for seekers - but to be eligible you need to be a good seeker - learn how to pull groups of mobs and use vortex and set up a basic genie.

I don't know how many accounts you have, but you are allowed to have 2. If you have one account with a 71/61/51 and 41 level char - that earns you 450,000 coins each day just speaking with Jolly old Jones for a few seconds each.

Make sure you're in a faction with a base because bases have great "almost free' buffs and good xp for doing the level 90+ base dailies. When you are eligible get into Morai as soon as you are eligible and do all the quests because for pvp the free level 95+ gear set is good.

Regularly get into others FB's or BH's if you have time in the hope of the yellow gear drops, otherwise continually watch the auction house for gears and molds cheap - watch prices - you might see a piece of armour today for a millions coins, that's someone else will offload for 200k another day.

Anywhere theres a couple things. Good luck. If you learn to merchant, you might bypass all this and buy rank 9 in a month......

this :)

it is the best advise i could give you bec indeed,i can write you a whole book about how to lvl,get coins or whatever is in your mind.

but being lvl 80 gives you time to make a plan still,camp untill you got at least r6 and full tt-90 at least.

take it slow,don't worry and be happy with the easy coins jolly gives you still.
    exp is rather easy also lately but keep in mind to just don't overdo yourself.
    it is why many ppl have ragequited this game already or took breaks.
  • azur3r0nin
    azur3r0nin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thank you for all the input. i think what i'm going to do is farm materials on lower characters for now to get coin for better gear at higher levels. maybe try finding some people to run FC and get levels too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    People still use materials from the map that you can farm with the pick axe,herbs are also still a mighty seller,mostly the ones in hell/heaven.

Farming materials are at a abundance due to no one farming them since most are established here through the years.And the herb and mats are still good to sell at a great price on a second account store...the key is always have a store.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    People still use materials from the map that you can farm with the pick axe,herbs are also still a mighty seller,mostly the ones in hell/heaven.

Farming materials are at a abundance due to no one farming them since most are established here through the years.And the herb and mats are still good to sell at a great price on a second account store...the key is always have a store.
    ^ that and make sure to check the apothecary npc to see which apothecary/meds are good for you to use. There are quite a few that will help you and their basically free if your the one doin the pickings \o/

- keep check on the lucid silver and lucid gold NPCs, free exp most of the time.

- keep an even more watchful eye on the weekly event times. More free things to save money on and possibly a profit to go along.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    For when you are level 89 and have completed your Cultivation, do consider farming the herbs in Hell/Heaven and selling them.
    My personal favorite for this is Hell, lots of herbs there, some which catshops buy for 6k+ if you find the good ones! I can make 3mil a day and that is just me being lazy about it and not going to all the herb spawn points.

Anything is possible without having to empty your wallet, it will just take determination, patience and... A bit of time.
    Don't forget to have fun with friends in the long run though from time to time, to keep sanity, don't turn into a farm robot. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    azur3r0nin wrote: »

didnt read other replies....

Focus on your level, not coins or gear for now, if you have at least TT70 gear that is. Do this by one of the following (or combination)
    -questing
    -grinding on auto culti or manual with a friend who pulls mobs in your vortex.
    -getting free FC room spots because you are a seeker who should be able to kill the mobs in the room

Proceed till lvl 95. Now go to morai. In morai you get multiple things of interest for you:
    -G15 armor with warding levels. Not top notch, but available without much coin. Youll have to do daily quests to get the prestige and influence needed with the orders.
    -Experience jades from shroud to help you get to level 100 (although youll find FC working well enough and you probably prefer working for skills and equipment)
    -1 skill at each order

When you are level 100, do your BHs for the random coin reward, cube for cogs and FW for G16 materials. Total value of 1 FW rewards is about 3m. The run takes about an hour. Thats why you want to be level 100 first instead of waste your time trying to make pennies at a lower level. Most people are so OP nowadays that they should (sure some will) not mind taking someone with morai gear into FW.

The equipment from morai is good enough for all the PvE content, but it is much weaker than what the average player has (G16/R9). I think for a starting player it can be usefull to get some of it while also working on your G16/R9 since those are going to take a while to get. (many months probably if it took you months to get to lvl 82)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I agree that level 80-90 is a wall, you'll just have to tough through this; as well you should understand this is a good level range to learn how to best use your class in FC. Hopefully, by the time you are 90 you will have spent time with your faction for TT runs (If not, you may want to join a more organized faction) and will have had your practice to make 90-98 pretty painless.

89+ is usually easier, because people tend to have better gear, more refines, more skills, more HP, more experience, triple spark, etc.

If you need coin, real coin -- and not some weird and slow method -- you may be able to do surveys for free zen. If you are able to (Most of the time region locked) you should know that the system does record your information, if you are wildly inconsistent it will be ban you from surveys, disallowing this method for straight coin.

Best of luck
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Also NW.
    Way back when my barb was 60 he started NWing.
    He died a lot but if nation finished 1st I'd get 100-150 tokens.
    Selling those can get you enough money to buy 200K rep (Rank 8) and decent HH 80 then HH90 gear while leveling to 100.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Bot your way to 100. Do the cube. Sell the chances to win 1 mil and 5 mil thingies.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would suggest to do fc as much as you can (will make you learn your class)

Sorry but what ? HAHAHAHA I'm laughing so hard, think I just broke my spleen!
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I agree that level 80-90 is a wall, you'll just have to tough through this; as well you should understand this is a good level range to learn how to best use your class in FC. Hopefully, by the time you are 90 you will have spent time with your faction for TT runs (If not, you may want to join a more organized faction) and will have had your practice to make 90-98 pretty painless.

89+ is usually easier, because people tend to have better gear, more refines, more skills, more HP, more experience, triple spark, etc.

If you need coin, real coin -- and not some weird and slow method -- you may be able to do surveys for free zen. If you are able to (Most of the time region locked) you should know that the system does record your information, if you are wildly inconsistent it will be ban you from surveys, disallowing this method for straight coin.

Best of luck
    b:victory

You're a troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

If you are nub who paid for fcs, or drag your alt through it or tag along with higher lvls to get free exp while doing nothing...news flash.. there are still people who doing normal fc runs with friends and factions people with similar gear and lvl.
    as well you should understand this is a good level range to learn how to best use your class in FC.

This is true because people at 80+ lvl range still don't have strong gear and fc will require nice team work and knowledge of your class.

don't mind trolls, you wont met them in normal fc runs anyway.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't know if someone mentioned it but...

I made a baby toon on another server some time ago and thanks to free charms at low levels it allowed me to bot while being AFK. I mainly did to gain EXP but I also got lots of crafting material drops which later I sold to catshops for some good coin.

You could make an alt and have it bot on another client while you play your main. Leveling is really easy so you could get to 25-35 in a couple of days. You'll have to find catshops buying them though. They are usually at west Blacksmith in Archosaur.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Reminds me of quite a while ago when I was doing FCC. The cleric in squad went rage with whole squad after we tried to give her tips and tricks to be a better healer (was at bubble/2nd boss if I remember right). She started yelling about how she quested all way to 95 and knew her skills and class very well...
    But she never did BHs and stuffs with any squads. Honestly, she didnt knew how to use her cleric in a squad and did nothing near to purify or healing, however she knew that wield thunder hits harder than great cyclone xD

Teamwork, important thing.
    This is a test
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Reminds me of quite a while ago when I was doing FCC. The cleric in squad went rage with whole squad after we tried to give her tips and tricks to be a better healer (was at bubble/2nd boss if I remember right). She started yelling about how she quested all way to 95 and knew her skills and class very well...
    But she never did BHs and stuffs with any squads. Honestly, she didnt knew how to use her cleric in a squad and did nothing near to purify or healing, however she knew that wield thunder hits harder than great cyclone xD

Teamwork, important thing.

Reach level 95 without being in squad is something new.

For Cleric Ironheart Blessing, Purify, Buffs and Regeneration Aura are main skills.

All other (DD skills) are optional, Plume Shot and Great Cyclone are enough to kill mobs.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Reach level 95 without being in squad is something new.

For Cleric Ironheart Blessing, Purify, Buffs and Regeneration Aura are main skills.

All other (DD skills) are optional, Plume Shot and Great Cyclone are enough to kill mobs.

Tell that to the cleric I squaded, not me lol xD
    This is a test
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Cube is great for exp.

Running FC with people will teach you a lot about playing seeker.

Join an active faction and run with people there. At lvl80 you'll be able to solo bh29/39/51 and can help lower-level players. Squad up with faction members to do TT runs (it isn't compulsory for TT to be done by lvl100 sins all the time).

At lvl95 in Morai you get G12 gear for free. This is good stuff.

Lv89 onwards opens up new instances (Eden and Brim) for BH.
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Actually, you are allowed as many accounts as you like, but are only allowed to log on with two simultaneously (though I have seen many times people exceed this, and never heard of anyone banned for it)

tt mats can still earn you a bit of coin, if you can solo
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Actually, you are allowed as many accounts as you like, but are only allowed to log on with two simultaneously

False, unless you had them prior to April 15, 2011.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12917311#post12917311
    You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

Also, I have known people that got banned for multiclienting more than 2 accounts at once, so I'd be careful with that if I were you.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]