Please bring back the Direct Download/Torrent links! D:

Options
_Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear
_Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Suggestion Box
I'm not sure how often moderators or CMs check this part of the forum but here's a try...
Might as well send in a suggestion ticket too lol

As I read about people saying Arc is giving problems to a lot of people in the Technical Support forum and other places (some seem really upset about it), I went to look at the Download page and well the Direct Download/Torrent links are gone, replaced by Arc.
I maybe switching to a different PC here soon and I'm not sure if I still have old installer file somewhere in my external HD, which means when my switch of PC happens, I'd be stuck in the same boat with everyone else having the problem D:
I understand that you guys want to promote the product and have people use it, but it's not working properly for many players right now and you should give back the alternate ways to have people download the game to play while you can fix Arc to make it work as it should.
Though, I still think you should keep those alternate ways available even if Arc works, because there always will be people who will have problems using a certain method and need to use another.
Anyways, please bring back the Direct Download/Torrent links! I miss them. f:horror
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fashionista wife of Sayphat b:cute
New name is Shiirahoshi :3
Post edited by _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Agreed. From everything I have heard, I will be avoiding ever ever ever using Arc.

Please, stop forcing people to use something that doesn't work properly! Give us the torrent option back at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Agreed. From everything I have heard, I will be avoiding ever ever ever using Arc.

Please, stop forcing people to use something that doesn't work properly! Give us the torrent option back at least.

Totally agree on this torrent is one of best medium to download any GIANT program or games etc. Plus it saves the download so if power goes off or something goes wrong we don't have download the whole thing from 0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    +1

support this torrent is sweet
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Supporting this as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    pwi.perfectworld.com/download/client

This link should download without arc.

And yes PWI, arc sucks. Don't try to force ppl to use it.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    pwi.perfectworld.com/download/client

This link should download without arc.

And yes PWI, arc sucks. Don't try to force ppl to use it.

That's good to have I guess, but I personally only do large downloads via torrents because my internet tends to cut out and inopportune times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • AnollaPsychi - Sanctuary
    AnollaPsychi - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Agreed, don't make us use Arc! I had to switch my PC so I was forced to download Arc...it does not work properly. Plus there is no way for me to uninstall it! When I click on uninstall arc, it just starts installing it again. b:cry
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Agreed, don't make us use Arc! I had to switch my PC so I was forced to download Arc...it does not work properly. Plus there is no way for me to uninstall it! When I click on uninstall arc, it just starts installing it again.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

AnollaPsychi - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 2 months 29 days 21 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think that they spent to much time/money/"hopes" in that Arc crappy thing and that we will never see any torrent link to download the game again.
    It would have been better though...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • coutzuku
    coutzuku Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    tried re downloading after a year or so, but the download client (arc) is awful :( , wont bother now but change it for the good of the game before it turns away more new or returning players!
  • coutzuku
    coutzuku Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    actually restarted it and i can continue where it froze, but still would much prefer the old download
  • BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary
    BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i get
    404 Not Found

nginx

http://download.perfectworld.com/pwi/PWI_EN_v699.exe

any other direct link i can use of arc dont even launch in my pc way too buggy!b:angry
  • Rewas - Lost City
    Rewas - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    But then they can't collect and sell their gathered information about you.

b:sad

Do not deny the poor company their money.

b:surrender

Have a shame!

b:laugh
    ~ 78% of the nation's jail and prison inmates grew up in a fatherless household

Enjoy the decline. b:victory
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Direct Download links for PWI client:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20144791#post20144791

*client might require running arc as background service in near future...
  • mrtitanperfect93
    mrtitanperfect93 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure how often moderators or CMs check this part of the forum but here's a try...
    Might as well send in a suggestion ticket too lol

As I read about people saying Arc is giving problems to a lot of people in the Technical Support forum and other places (some seem really upset about it), I went to look at the Download page and well the Direct Download/Torrent links are gone, replaced by Arc.
    I maybe switching to a different PC here soon and I'm not sure if I still have old installer file somewhere in my external HD, which means when my switch of PC happens, I'd be stuck in the same boat with everyone else having the problem D:
    I understand that you guys want to promote the product and have people use it, but it's not working properly for many players right now and you should give back the alternate ways to have people download the game to play while you can fix Arc to make it work as it should.
    Though, I still think you should keep those alternate ways available even if Arc works, because there always will be people who will have problems using a certain method and need to use another.
    Anyways, please bring back the Direct Download/Torrent links! I miss them. f:horror

OK, I KNOW PWI WANT EVERYONE USE THAT INCOMPETENT ARC SOFTWARE, THAT PROGRAM HAS SOME APPLICATIONS HIDDEN, LIKE SPYWARES AND OTHERS STUFFS LIKE THAT I FOUND THEM BY MYSELF. BUT IF YOU WANT ANOTHER WAY TO GET PWI BACK WITHOUT DOWNLOADING THAT SHIIT, HERES A TIP: FIND SOME PLAYER THAT HAS ALREADY PWI RUNNING, DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM OR FIND A NET, THAT MAKES YOU ABLE TO TRANSFER THE FOLDERS AND SINGLE DOCUMENTS DATA CORRECTLY(YOU CANT TRANSFER THE ENTIRE PROGRAM WITH 6.5GB LOL, DONT BE LAZZY) THEN YOU MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECTLY ON EVERY SUBFOLDERS, THEN OPEN HE PROGRAM UPDATE IT AND PLAY. YOU MUST DO IT WITHT THE GAME CLOSED, AND WITH ARC CLOSED ASWELL IF THEY HAD IT.

THERES SOME LINKS WITH AVALIABLE TORRENTS ON GOOGLE, OF COURSE NOT MUCH AS BEFORE, LOOKS LIKE PWI COMPANY ARE PAYING THEM TO CLOSE THE LINKS OR WORST THAN THAT BUT THATS MY OPINION,

AND YESS, FOR THOSE STILL CURIOUS, YOU CANT MANIPULATE PWI FOLDERS, (CORRECTLY) TURN PWI INTO VENDETTA, CUSTOMIZE OR DELETE SONGS, SCREEN CHARACTERS BLABLABLA. BUT YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO WITHOUT MISS OUT THE WHOLE GAME. I KNOW ALL OF THIS CUZ IM SYSTEM AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING SO, PWI PROBABLY CLOSE THIS THING SO SAVE IT SOMEHOW, I DONT WANT TO WRITE ALL OVER AGAIN:P

105 chars. on every server... wich one are me?
    find them out b:bye
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

OK, I KNOW PWI WANT EVERYONE USE THAT INCOMPETENT ARC SOFTWARE, THAT PROGRAM HAS SOME APPLICATIONS HIDDEN, LIKE SPYWARES AND OTHERS STUFFS LIKE THAT I FOUND THEM BY MYSELF. BUT IF YOU WANT ANOTHER WAY TO GET PWI BACK WITHOUT DOWNLOADING THAT SHIIT, HERES A TIP: FIND SOME PLAYER THAT HAS ALREADY PWI RUNNING, DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM OR FIND A NET, THAT MAKES YOU ABLE TO TRANSFER THE FOLDERS AND SINGLE DOCUMENTS DATA CORRECTLY(YOU CANT TRANSFER THE ENTIRE PROGRAM WITH 6.5GB LOL, DONT BE LAZZY) THEN YOU MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECTLY ON EVERY SUBFOLDERS, THEN OPEN HE PROGRAM UPDATE IT AND PLAY. YOU MUST DO IT WITHT THE GAME CLOSED, AND WITH ARC CLOSED ASWELL IF THEY HAD IT.

THERES SOME LINKS WITH AVALIABLE TORRENTS ON GOOGLE, OF COURSE NOT MUCH AS BEFORE, LOOKS LIKE PWI COMPANY ARE PAYING THEM TO CLOSE THE LINKS OR WORST THAN THAT BUT THATS MY OPINION,

AND YESS, FOR THOSE STILL CURIOUS, YOU CANT MANIPULATE PWI FOLDERS, (CORRECTLY) TURN PWI INTO VENDETTA, CUSTOMIZE OR DELETE SONGS, SCREEN CHARACTERS BLABLABLA. BUT YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO WITHOUT MISS OUT THE WHOLE GAME. I KNOW ALL OF THIS CUZ IM SYSTEM AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING SO, PWI PROBABLY CLOSE THIS THING SO SAVE IT SOMEHOW, I DONT WANT TO WRITE ALL OVER AGAIN:P

105 chars. on every server... wich one are me?

find them out

This looks like a NECRO!

mrtitanperfect93 replied to a message that was 3 months 7 days 14 hours 28 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• mrtitanperfect93
    mrtitanperfect93 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    UPS I MEANT IN THE LAST PARAGRAPH, YOU ( C A N ) * .... b:chuckle