Archer replaced by Assassin?

Options

Comments

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hey i used to carry a dual blade then (didnt know about claws b:surrender) actually whack them if they got near. Seemed interesting enough.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    before frost and knockback archers might as well just wield fists...honestly...

No Archers are good, plus sharp tooth arrow, then there high evasion and long range is a auto-advantage, there better than us in PvE anyway I think, in PvP though it could go either way, whoever gets in first hit I suppose.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hey i used to carry a dual blade then (didnt know about claws b:surrender) actually whack them if they got near. Seemed interesting enough.

i did 3dex 2str for a bit when i didnt really know wat i was doing just to have a melee wep. then laid off on str til i got pure dex stats lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    frost and knockback r useless i think lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    After reading most of this o.o
    Why do people say that Archers only have Aim Low to stun? o.o
    Did people forget about Stunning arrow? .-.
    That and the Archer skills that increase evasion and reduce damage taken would pretty much nullify an Assassins damage wouldn't it o.e
  • HiddenBIade - Heavens Tear
    HiddenBIade - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    id pull out my fists and start smacking the **** around for thinking he could replace me b:kiss
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That and the Archer skills that increase evasion and reduce damage taken would pretty much nullify an Assassins damage wouldn't it o.e

A high dex class + 2 misty forest rings = lol Evasion. Attack level +30 and critical hit damage increase = lol reduced damage.

Killing the Assassin before they see you and can stealth is your best bet. We don't have much HP.
  • Ahknatn - Heavens Tear
    Ahknatn - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    At earlier lvls i agree with you but that lvl15 is passed pretty quickly. You havent played an archer beyond lvl15 so you wouldnt know. Once you cross 19 u can practically keep things away from u using Frost + Knockback arrow. If they get near use metal atks (lightning strike lvl1 is got at lvl13) or winged pledge which do not suffer any dmg penalty and hit decently hard.

thanks, but i dont have the willpower to continue playing as archer.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thanks, but i dont have the willpower to continue playing as archer.

Well enjoy your sin :). The reply was only to tell that archers do have ways of solving the dmg penalty problem else there wouldnt be high level archers to begin with b:chuckle

Do remember though, every class has its problems.

I did make a sin and played a bit and still playing. Nice damage and everything but very dependant on skill usage and hence mana pots. I do see it being a problem at 6x+ since most mobs turn magic and cluster together and are aggro. BMs have AoEs, Barbs have tons of HP, etc. However not sure if assassins have a skill to ensure they can survive against these with minimal HP and def/mdef. Perhaps theyre not meant to solo grind at higher lvls (I do it for crafting mats so yea) and would rely on squads more.

Could a high level sin provide info on how they hunt say Vampiric Nightstalkers (bats above dreaming cloud)? Are there any skills that enable you to kill a mob within an aggro cluster and get out alive without having to use many hp restorative stuff?
  • zayonx
    zayonx Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im 100% sure in a duel assassin will win, but assassin will never replace archer...
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ive tried archer (and ive only got to lvl 15 and got bored)

This is when we LOL and let this pointless thread die.

Or do you all really have this much time to waste? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    usually if u play a MMO u have LOTS of time to waste. especially if u bother to post things on the forums of said MMO b:surrender
  • inkredibil666
    inkredibil666 Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    Options
    level 75 SIN against lvl 76 Archer We fought 10 battles .

Sin WON all of them , archer tried to run to get some space to hit but failed because SIN teleport instant near him and **** slash in few seconds .Every hit of a SIN made its HP to grow back very fast he loose a little HP in duel .

All hits from a SIN lands against an Archers both of them have High Acuracy.

Same battle was made with a Psihic ...1 hit dead Psihic ...Psihic hit 4 times and finished to run of SIN , big mistake instant telleport and slashed his life from 1 hit b:dirty

Tank versus SIN = nothing tank miss the target and SIN cannot destroy that amount of Defense /HP waste of hierograms and time

SIN versus BM - BM WON ..no way a sin to beat a BM (only that BM its a Newbieor something could lose)
  • BrokenTusk - Sanctuary
    BrokenTusk - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think assassins definitely replace archers because they use the same build (mostly dex) and assassins have daggers, making them much better! I use a bow until the mob gets close to me (usually I get about 3 hits in) then I switch to daggers to finish it off. Archer does the same thing, except without switching to daggers. So Archer=Assassin-Daggers, meaning assassins are much better.

Assassin owns all in duel.....if you cant see them how can you hit them?Archer ez death, tele stomp....to the shadows....again and repeat...dont go PK with Assassins out there
  • BrianFields - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    zayonx wrote: »
    Im 100% sure in a duel assassin will win,

First do it then open your mouth.. Action speaks louder than words. b:victory
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He has a point, assassin could just turn invisible. Archer has no AoE that can hit without a target. So if the assassin turns invisible, sneaks up, and stuns the hell out of an archer, the archer is screwed. And the amount of crit from archer to assassin is the same.... soooo.... the only thing archer has over assassin is long range, which is removed from teleport or invisible. IE: Archer loses vs Assassin. BUT!!!?"/?!?!?JE!P)@JHE !H, the archer can deal higher damage and take on PvE much better. The only super thing I see an assassin giving to the squad is his Blood Paint skill.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure sins win duel against any class around same lvl. How is anyone gonna counter stealth + deaden nerves in a duel unless its a BM/barb with massive hp/phy def or b:sleep

I do think sins will replace archers in a certain area...you know these guys that makes a pvp char to gank squishes. Sins is far superior in that area compared to archers lol. Normally people that is mostly interested in ganking squishes would create an archer (if they have money make a nix owner) but i think sins will be the new first choice now.

I dont really see sins replacing archers in any other areas. Sins dont have barrage, they dont have sharptooth and they cant tank bosses.
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and they cant tank bosses.

I would beg to differ. Sins with the proper gear and bloodpaint will be able to tank bosses quite efficiently, especially the high atk/sec build.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And the amount of crit from archer to assassin is the same
    not really....sins have a higher crit dmg than archers and for 8 sec an additional 40% of crit rate(total makes it over 60%).ofc this costs us 2 sparks but who cares we have a lot chi anyway...and as i already said many times....sins are there to defeat archers cause usually archers stay at the rear and DD but sins are the ones who can get close no prob.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Archers and Assassins have different purposes. Assassins won't replace archers since archers earn their spot in TTs with Sharptooth and Barrage in Zhens/RB. Though if you pit an assassin against an archer, the range that the archer has means nothing because of the teleports that assassins have.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    After painfully getting to level 59, I realized how powerful assassins are.. They can pretty much spark continuously. Their DPS utterly destroys all other classes especially after getting their demon spark. They also regenerate a large amount with bloodpaint once their DPS reaches that point.

Which leads me to think that they will get hit by a nerf bat when they almost completely overshadow an archer in every way except AOEing. Just toss a bow on a 90+ assassin with a little bit of multitasking between a bow and a dagger to maintain a high chi for sparking, you will do more damage than an archer while having almost the same advantage of range. Not to mention that an assassin has better stun locking skills than an archer.

Sure archers have sharptooth but when assassins start to get better equipment you can expect then to be able to tank and do enough damage to make sharptooth seem unecessary. Also, unlike a team archers which does not prove to be very effective, a couple of assassins will make any run that an assassin can tank short enough to laugh at sharptooth. Sure you need good equipment to tank but you do not need that good of equip to have DPS which blows other classes out of the water. I'd expect teams of assassins to be running a lot of TT/BH etc. runs in the future if a nerf bat does not get to them first.

You still need them AOE but that's all they are left with. Mages at higher level would be more worth playing since they are effective in other areas as well. Truthfully assassins are class killers. They only leave the need for clerics and maybe psychics in late game.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If Archer has been replaced by Assassin, why can't I get an RB to save my own life?

Guess I got to build my Assassin up the good ol' fashioned way; spend a metric f*ckton of real life money selling gold for coin so I can get good gear and solo instances I no longer really need because I cash shopped most of my gear anyway.

Oh, and yes, Assassin does deal disgusting damage.
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If Archer has been replaced by Assassin, why can't I get an RB to save my own life?

They have been replaced in every other way.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They have been replaced in every other way.

Actually, if one or more of Assassin's 79 skill is an effective AoE with a relatively low cooldown (i.e., under 10 seconds), coupled with Earthen Rift and Subsea Strike, I don't think Sins would be hurting too bad in the AoE sector anymore. We still couldn't have an indefinate AoE chain like Axe BMs, but most of an Axe BM's AoEs do **** damage and only serve a purpose as fillers (and to make an infinite loop macro, you'd need to mix in single-target skills, also).

As for "replaced in every other way", no. The only way I can think of to take down a HA at my level is to pop wood damage Apo, Double Spark > Headhunt > Power Dash > regular melee and hope that kills them and that they're too stupid to stun and/or run after stun wears off. Archers' magic attacks are effective well into the late 80s and early 90s (although they become less and less effective as time wears on).
  • AzureKey - Heavens Tear
    AzureKey - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Are you so stupid or what?Show me an assassin that can kill a same lvl mob as the assassin with a Bow WITHOUT GETTING HIT!

You basicly take parts of what i said and put them together to make your pathetic excuse

I wasn't saying that archers doesn't take a hit I said if they were on equal postions-both with same bows,same stats,same arrows THEN a pure archer can kill without getting hit,now id like to see a assassin kill a monster with all that gear before the monster lands a hit on him.

P.S

WE DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE YOUR ASSASSIN HES [NOT] BETTER THAN AN ARCHER!

Dude, why so seriouse?
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    After painfully getting to level 59, I realized how powerful assassins are.. They can pretty much spark continuously. Their DPS utterly destroys all other classes especially after getting their demon spark. They also regenerate a large amount with bloodpaint once their DPS reaches that point.

Which leads me to think that they will get hit by a nerf bat when they almost completely overshadow an archer in every way except AOEing. Just toss a bow on a 90+ assassin with a little bit of multitasking between a bow and a dagger to maintain a high chi for sparking, you will do more damage than an archer while having almost the same advantage of range. Not to mention that an assassin has better stun locking skills than an archer.

Sure archers have sharptooth but when assassins start to get better equipment you can expect then to be able to tank and do enough damage to make sharptooth seem unecessary. Also, unlike a team archers which does not prove to be very effective, a couple of assassins will make any run that an assassin can tank short enough to laugh at sharptooth. Sure you need good equipment to tank but you do not need that good of equip to have DPS which blows other classes out of the water. I'd expect teams of assassins to be running a lot of TT/BH etc. runs in the future if a nerf bat does not get to them first.

You still need them AOE but that's all they are left with. Mages at higher level would be more worth playing since they are effective in other areas as well. Truthfully assassins are class killers. They only leave the need for clerics and maybe psychics in late game.

I guess you need a reality check. Maybe according to you they might need a nerf bat but heck, no way theyre close to replacing archers. I have played both and while each have their strong points, neither can replace the other.

Pretty much surprised that this thread is still active :P
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

i lol'd. 16% on a 23.9m hp wb is about 3.8m hp down in 1 skill. sharptooth useless my ****
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i lol'd. 16% on a 23.9m hp wb is about 3.8m hp down in 1 skill. sharptooth useless my ****

Why are you laughing? An assassin that can reach 5 DPS can easily do more than 50k damage per second. That's enough to drop that 3.8m hp in a little over a minute. The only limitation is if the assassin can tank. If a guild has one assassin crazy enough to +10 everything at level 90+ or so with 5 DPS, the rest of the asssassins can **** away at their pleasure. A world boss can fall in 5 minutes assuming an assassin can ever tank a WB.
    I guess you need a reality check. Maybe according to you they might need a nerf bat but heck, no way theyre close to replacing archers. I have played both and while each have their strong points, neither can replace the other.

Pretty much surprised that this thread is still active :P

Care to elaborate? You did not make a point here. You just posed something baseless as a fact.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you had cared to go thru an archer's skill and ur assassin's skills u will realize what youve typed in that huge is pure .... to lay it softly... ****. I am not gonna waste my time elaborating every point in there to you. I'll just highlight about sharptooth.

You gonna do 50k per second on a World Boss when its a [?] mob? Thats like having a 75% damage reduction. If you can beat 2.3 mils in one shot, then i'll accept sharptooth useless. BTW thats only a lvl6 sharptooth. At lvl10 its close to 4 million hp down. Moreover its an AoE skill which means if a barb rounds up mobs then its like reducing all their hp by 16% at lvl10.

Moreover, an archer is not gonna stand watching everyone faces after firing sharptooth. We too have DPS damage you know <.<
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why are you laughing? An assassin that can reach 5 DPS can easily do more than 50k damage per second. That's enough to drop that 3.8m hp in a little over a minute. The only limitation is if the assassin can tank. If a guild has one assassin crazy enough to +10 everything at level 90+ or so with 5 DPS, the rest of the asssassins can **** away at their pleasure. A world boss can fall in 5 minutes assuming an assassin can ever tank a WB.

Care to elaborate? You did not make a point here. You just posed something baseless as a fact.

i lol'd harder. 10k a hit on a lvl 150 wb? first i challenge you to do that on an archer, with the higher weapon damage on ranged weapons. go. in fact, better make those daggers +12 lol

you would think bms would've long claimed that they replace archers since they already have much better spark coverage and can achieve 5 attacks/s much easier. plus they have better stuns, more survivability but no...for some reason, it's just sins who are arrogant enough to think so