12345679»

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:shocked
    oh noes he be onto me ebil plans.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm....plan be ebil....*writes in notebook....b:thanks

anything else?? b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    where do you think children learn bad manners, filthy language and morals? from the adults they are around.

why cant you guys understand that this stuff is wrong, and is against the TOS? just because the mods dont slap down and ban idiots doesnt make it acceptable. if people like living in the gutter, go back to it. Perfect World is not a gutter.

You contradict yourself. You said that it was adults saying that stuff on world chat. Now its children?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Pot_Head/ - Lost City3
    Pot_Head/ - Lost City3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    where do you think children learn bad manners, filthy language and morals? from the adults they are around.

why cant you guys understand that this stuff is wrong, and is against the TOS? just because the mods dont slap down and ban idiots doesnt make it acceptable. if people like living in the gutter, go back to it. Perfect World is not a gutter.

Rules r made to be broken, Stop posting as well because your starting to **** me off with your views on life and I will tell you offb:shutup
  • Vixey - Raging Tide
    Vixey - Raging Tide Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm suprised this thread is still open since it seems like a complete flamewar goin on o.o;;

On Topic: In my personal opinion, I don't really agree with most of the conduct in world chat. Some swearing/cursing is ok, but when every other word looks like "******" its a bit silly. Personally I don't find anything wrong with someone politely asking you to tone it down in a chat which many people use (like faction/world chat).

Again just my opinion.
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww my cat likes you b:chuckle
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm not really bothered by cursing and my 15 year old little brother plays the game and I'm sure he's not bothered by it either, he certainly doesn't act any different because of it.

Potty humor is just... annoying and immature and very characteristic of someone between the ages of 7-13

7-25 if you're male... we all know girls mature faster :P

But in any case, I have never been told to watch my language or humor because I don't make distasteful comments.

Perhaps other people should do the same to avoid the problem all together. I'm not saying to quit cursing or making horrible sex jokes all together I'm just saying that there is a line that can be crossed where most people really don't want to hear/read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Pot_Head/ - Lost City3
    Pot_Head/ - Lost City3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    omg some of you ppl need to leave the computer and go to a high school football game and see how much ppl curse and say sexual jokes and ppl laugh why...Because it's normal if you don't find it funny your not normalb:cry
  • Vixey - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    omg some of you ppl need to leave the computer and go to a high school football game and see how much ppl curse and say sexual jokes and ppl laugh why...Because it's normal if you don't find it funny your not normalb:cry

Since I don't particularly like football I have never had to experiance going to a football game. I do, however, have a brother who loves football and would rather stay at home and watch it for several reasons, one being the people in the stands (another being because he loves his TV b:chuckle)

And no I'm not normal. Normal = boring. I find myself a non boring person and have been told that I am silly, crazy, random on several occasions.

Another note: Funny to one person =/= funny to another.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2010

.... I'm strange... as in mature...

I hated everyone in highschool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Pot_Head/ - Lost City4
    Pot_Head/ - Lost City4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Since I don't particularly like football I have never had to experiance going to a football game. I do, however, have a brother who loves football and would rather stay at home and watch it for several reasons, one being the people in the stands (another being because he loves his TV b:chuckle)

And no I'm not normal. Normal = boring. I find myself a non boring person and have been told that I am silly, crazy, random on several occasions.

Another note: Funny to one person =/= funny to another.

>.>
    .... I'm strange... as in mature...

I hated everyone in highschool.

u did thats not nice u shouldn't hate ppl becaz some ppl that u hate could turn out to be someone really cool^^ or your friend or best friend.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    u did thats not nice u shouldn't hate ppl becaz some ppl that u hate could turn out to be someone really cool^^ or your friend or best friend.

xD

In all seriousness... I'm neutral toward people until they give me a reason to not like them xD

-_-;; unfortunately for them being immature is a totally unattractive trait and will make me not like them. x_x I hate it when guys I knew in high school ask me out suddenly because my waist shrunk after high school and they ran into me somewhere. They really don't change much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Pot_Head/ - Lost City4
    Pot_Head/ - Lost City4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    xD

In all seriousness... I'm neutral toward people until they give me a reason to not like them xD

-_-;; unfortunately for them being immature is a totally unattractive trait and will make me not like them. x_x I hate it when guys I knew in high school ask me out suddenly because my waist shrunk after high school and they ran into me somewhere. They really don't change much.

Maybe you should go hang out with dirty old men then >.> xD jk
    No one is "mature" anymore everyone is laid back nowadays, Enjoys life and doesn't have time to be "mature" because it isn't a requirement like it was back in the day.
    ppl would rather enjoy life in a non stressful kinda way xD that's what I do^^ I'm stress free and it feels good and I'm also immature xD^^.
  • Vixey - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Meh, no worries...just trying to be informative.

I know ^-^. It's nice to know POV on both sides imo. I'm typically not a judgemental person :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WOW...this thread has gotten WAAAAAY off topic. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Augie - Heavens Tear
    Augie - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WOW...this thread has gotten WAAAAAY off topic. LOL

Yep it has b:laugh
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is my main. Everyone starts off at lower lvls. Weird! I know, but it's something we all have to accept.

-

Someone said, and I can't find the quote, something about parents having no idea what their children are saying/doing with their friends, and they are soooo spot on.

I don't swear excessivly, but I still do, and the language that I use in normal conversations with friends might kill a little of my parents inside if they knew.
    I don't smoke anything, and I've only been drunk once, but I'm around it a lot, and I don't think my parents would be to happy about that either.

What I'm saying is that they have no idea. They know I'm not perfect, but they still think of me as a 'good kid' - which compared to a lot of people I know I am, just, not to the degree they think.

And I know this holds true to other students/kids I'm around, so yeah, your kids most likely are involved in something that you have no idea is going on and that you would probably dissaprove of, at least a little.

I bet you are a good kid. Just because you happen to associate with those who do things you don't wish to doesn't make you bad, or them for that matter.

See, at some point in every child's life the parents have to trust they've instilled the right values to be able to handle themselves in such situations and make their own decisions about what they will and won't do. Then when they make mistakes, and they will, be there in support, but not judgment, because after all, it's very likely we didn't do much better at that age.

It's part of allowing them to become adults. In my experience those who grow into great adults are those with parents who recognised their children as individual beings, not some extension of themselves who needed to be controlled to the nth degree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • darckazuma
    darckazuma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WoW PWI sure is full of drama LoL :P but yeah some ppl just need to be more considerate to others who find it offensive... Dont get me wrong im all for racist jokes sexual jokes etc... but come on guys if some1 gets offended it means u gone a bit to far specially if u doing it on faction chat. But as far as cursing I mean come on ppl unless ur a priest or something it shouldn't really bother ppl... anyways instead of complaining in the forums talk to the guild leader and ask him to do something about it if he wont then leave :P
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    don't look at me!! b:avoid i was playing defense lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Discussion of illegal drug use is what got this locked. I'm really disappointed that anyone would have thought it was a good idea to take the conversation in this direction.
This discussion has been closed.