My "Age" ranting...

Comments

• Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, I am a parent, and I am 37 year old. My daughter is only 5 years old and autistic so she doesn't play that game for sure hahaha

But still, most of the time I have WC off and sometimes Faction off because of some of the comments...

I don't see the reason of racial jokes, it shows no respect.
    I don't see the reason to use some sex talking , especially when it involves things like abuse or r.a.p.e or stuff like that.... some people been abused in the past, and just to hear the word still makes them feel umcorfortable (sorry english ain't my language not sure if it's written like that)

Yes it's a game, I understand.. but how I see WC or FC is like this: If you would be in front of a huge crowd, would you tell these things out loud in the microphone? And if yes you would say them... how do you think people would respond to those things? Am sure many if not most would find something offended in whatever would been said.

You want to insult somebody or is pissed about something.. there's PM for it.. or Private chat rooms, or Squad... or just go on a rampage and kill everything you see in PVP... all the world don't have to know it.....

Anyway.. that's my point of view.. blast me now if you want... but do it in PM.... so all the world don't have to know it :) b:chuckle
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've always lived under the general rule that people, in general, aren't really that innocent, and most are actually pretty crude. And I'm okay with that. You can call me any name under the sun, moon, or black apocalyptic sky, and I'll probably laugh at you. I'm not racist, sexist, or religious, and I could honestly care less what you say, as long as you don't try to push your views on me. So you hate [insert group here]. Congratulations. Got a reason for it, or are you just being a bigot? So you believe in [insert deity here]. That's great. We all need something to believe in. Start pushing [insert deity here] on me, and I'll tell you, in no uncertain terms, what to go do with yourself.

Want to get a little colorful with your language? No biggie. Haven't we all? There are certain lines you shouldn't cross, such as things that are extremely illegal, and morally wrong, for example, lines involving children, but if you want to scream a line of language so profane, they'd need to make more punctuation for it in a comic, I have no problem with that. Keep screaming it over and over, however, and you're going to annoy the hell out of me, simply because you're now past making your point, and are just being an ****. See what I did there? A little of what some people would consider me being "vulgar, obscene, and crude", to make a point about how you're acting. It's part of our usual vocabulary at this point. We're past the days in which a theater could be shocked by the line "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". Now, it's pretty common to overhear two people greeting each other with "How the f--k have you been, man?" or "Pretty s---ty, got some damn cold." That's the kind of way society is now, and if you've got a problem with it in your game, I suggest your find some way to go back to the 1900s, where you kids will be safe from the savages of society.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if u wanna protect ur children, don't let them play that game. thats it

this is correct ^^
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ewer heard of.. a beach?

and ye ur kiling virtual monsters made from pixels....oh noes some1 get the police o.o

any1 that triws to "protect" theyr clihdren by tearing them out of the real world.... ye...have fun ;D

Your typing is very annoying. More so than the over-protectiveness that we gamers hate so much.

Type legibly. It gets your point across better and helps you sound "learned" and "scholarly". Not like a dumbass.
    "Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I may be 19, but i've seen and understood both points of the arguement.

My conclusion?

I side with this.

Parents, you can try and protect your children all you like but you will have to face up to the fact that one day, you can protect them no longer. You can dissaprove and scowl, place your hands over their eyes and place curfews and restrictions. One day, your children will grow up and they will realise they are now in control of what they see, say and do.

No matter how hard you try, especially on a game with graphics which are quite obviously of a mature nature, it's futile to attempt to protect them from words of sexual/harassing/cursing/racist/religist nature. Other people play the same game as you and these other people are not like you. They have opinions that are different to yours.

You can ask them to respect you in regards to your needs of PG13, but will you respect them? You know it isn't a one way street. I find common sense to be such a rarity these days, it really is astounding. If you do not wish for your child or yourself to be exposed to such things, do not play this game.

Wake up and face reality, you cannot sheild yourself and children forever. You cannot expect people to instantly change into someone who shares the same values and morals as yourself. They may have named it "Perfect World", but they didn't specify who's Perfect World it was. It's just marketing. Hey, look! A perfect world! Awesome!

My advice? Do one of the following.

1. One of the greatest lessons i've learnt (and should be learnt by all) is that the world couldn't really give a cow who you are, whether you're rich or poor, what your race is, what religion you belong to and what your values you are. It dosen't owe you anything. It expects you to toughen up and grow some.. you know what ;)

2. Place your child in a bubble. Paint the bubble black and poke a few holes in behind their head to allow an oxygen flow. Be sure to make two small sliding doors where their face is. One the height and width of their eyes and one the height and width of their mouth.

Do not allow them anywhere within the vacinity of a school, computer, television, sterio, iPod, friends, neighbours, newspaper.. well anything that involves the outside world. Ensure you homeschool them and that they are within your walls 24/7.

This method may however result in such side effects as; Your child turning 16 and realising he has independance. Popping the bubble, telling you where to shove it, leaving home and never talking to you again.

Moral of the story: Find a god fearing guild/community and stick with them. Do not talk to any outsiders.
    I've been in an "adult" guild where we tried, and failed to keep a clean and respectful community.
    I then went and found a mature guild with people my age. I've never felt more at home.
    Mature = M 16+.
    Adult= PG 10-.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I may be 19, but i've seen and understood both points of the arguement.

Well done.

applause.gif

I applaud you.
    "Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Simple answer to a simple question.

If they are asking you in faction to keep it pg-13 you keep it pg-13. Doesn't matter the reason why. Its irrelevant.

There is something called respect. Respect of yourself. Respect towards your fellow "man". All you siding with its okay blah blah blah, show a blatant tendency towards disrespecting others. Having a selfish outlook cause you want it/think its okay.

If you want to have those XXX conversations take it to a chat room; pm's or a private room in vent.

I am not against such talk. I've been in a faction that would make most people blush; chuckle; and make their jaws drop. Even I would be taken back every once in awhile.

I am not for such talk. My current faction we do not get XXX yes their are sly jokes and innuendo but at no point is any line crossed. And when it starts to get close PM's are sent to those individuals letting them know its getting a bit close to um....well.... crossing the line.

We as adults have the ability to control what we say and what we allow to happen around us(to an extent).

As for the OPs reference to half-naked women and monster killing....its no worse then whats on Saturday morning Cartoons. The difference is the actually adult content we allow to be typed and seen. Are we protecting kids...sure...are we protecting ourselves and our fellow players yes.

If you don't like the faction your in because you can't talk as freely as you wish. Then its time to probably move on.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear57
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear57 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i find people who try to 'shelter' their children, or act prudish and offended toward bathroom humor to be highly annoying. they have no business telling anyone how to behave, and if theyre going to be so close minded, they may as well remove all sources of media from the house. its ridiculous.

This.

However I must also add that if it's the rules of whatever guild I'm in, I'll abide by them first and foremost. If a guild has a rule to keep things below an R rating, then I'll do so and have no problem with it. But if a guild says to go all out, I'll jump all over the noob that tells me to censor myself. b:chuckle
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You know, if you don't want your kids mimicing this sort of thing GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS AND GET THEM OFF THE GAME!!!

For the love of ****, be a parent and control what your kids do!
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you're a vegetarian, don't eat at Ruth's Chris Steak House. If you're Jewish, don't go to a Catholic church and get upset about what they're telling you. If people in your faction are asking you to regulate your speech in a way you aren't comfortable with, then either you or they are in the wrong faction. Someone needs to go. It might be you.

Point is, you have some control over this situation. If you don't like it, fix it.
  • Culloch - Sanctuary
    Culloch - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    If you're a vegetarian, don't eat at Ruth's Chris Steak House. If you're Jewish, don't go to a Catholic church and get upset about what they're telling you. If people in your faction are asking you to regulate your speech in a way you aren't comfortable with, then either you or they are in the wrong faction. Someone needs to go. It might be you.

Point is, you have some control over this situation. If you don't like it, fix it.

This ^^

If you can't respect your faction mates wish to not hear vulgairties, then you may just need to move to a new faction. Your faction mates have asked that you tone down your speech. It shouldn't be hard not to type cussing, dirty jokes, racist jokes, etc.
    I have heard all the arguments of ' hey this kind of stuff happens everywhere! You can't shelter your children!', but maybe you are missing the point here. You may be offending your faction mates, and not that they are trying to 'shelter the children'.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    its called maturity... i think that's what the adults were driving at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    its called maturity... i think that's what the adults were driving at.

Maturity is for anti-lulz-bringers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This ^^

If you can't respect your faction mates wish to not hear vulgairties, then you may just need to move to a new faction. Your faction mates have asked that you tone down your speech. It shouldn't be hard not to type cussing, dirty jokes, racist jokes, etc.
    I have heard all the arguments of ' hey this kind of stuff happens everywhere! You can't shelter your children!', but maybe you are missing the point here. You may be offending your faction mates, and not that they are trying to 'shelter the children'.

I agree. Depends on the factions really - I keep mine unrated (although we don't allow cyber and constant RP). I also make sure anyone who joins knows it. We're pervs by nature, we like it that way, but we don't wanna make anyone uncomfortable.

I've had to tone down my speech some times in other factions. I'm willing to respect rules, but I don't want to be in a faction with too many restrictions either. Thus why I made my own, really.

As for kids... I'll be honest, I was a kid allowed to play/watch nearly everything I wanted, and I believe I'm a fairly balanced adult right now. I guess it comes down to a case-by-case basis. Some kids are much more mature than adults I know. It's not because your kid is exposed to such material that he's automatically gonna become like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You know, if you don't want your kids mimicing this sort of thing GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS AND GET THEM OFF THE GAME!!!

Its not just about kids though.

Im far from being a kid and I dont want to listen to some people with a "immature" mentality swear more than a sailor with Tourette's syndrome, or make sexist/racist comments that they wouldnt have the nerve to say in the RL.

I have no problem with people swearing/cussing (for you Yanks) if it fits the context of what they are talking about, but swearing just for swearings sake makes you look like an ignorant fool.

Which is why my Fac has rules.. Dont like them leave.... Stay and want to show little respect to other members...Well thats what the kick button was made for.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol oh and you know those 'detentions'? They only work if you show up for them. I never did. XD.

~DF

Nowadays, if you were to do that, your parents would end up in court and paying a HUGE fine, while you would end up in Juvi, if it happened often, they could even loose custody of you and you would be sent to a state facility for troubled kids..... Pretty much every state has very harsh truency laws, and not showing up for detention counts as truency.

Welcome to the 21st century. Big brother is watching you.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010

b:cuteyes why dotn u just throw us under a rock while ur at it?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    b:cuteyes why dotn u just throw us under a rock while ur at it?

How big of a rock? b:chuckle

• Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Keeping the language clean is one thing. I can keep my language perfectly pristine, online. However, we all have bad days and bad moments. Like when you are level 29 and you have to go to Heaven's Tear to talk to so and so. And someone offers you a lift, but drops you on Swordtamer. Are you going to politely thank the person for the lift? Not likely.

There are varying degrees of foul language that can drop from your lips in anger. Get over it. If you're a parent, tell your child that, for the next five minutes, they won't get into any trouble for dirty words. Then, ask them what they know. I'll lay odds on them knowing some you've never heard of.

As for the ones that use f*** as a punctuation, it's a force of habit. While it isn't the best habit, it was not something they were corrected on, earlier in life. There is a word filter. It's a decent one, but it can't filter every possible obscenity, in every possible language, in every possible way of spelling. If you don't like the way your faction mates speak, don't talk to them or just leave.

If you want your children to play the game, but don't want them to learn a single bad word, take them to server that doesn't speak any language they will ever understand.

I'm a 25 year old gamer, married to a 29 year old gamer. Enjoy this post.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Mold your own kids, dont tell the faction after you already joined, to mold into the image of your kid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2010
    I'm a 25 year old gamer, married to a 29 year old gamer. Enjoy this post.

You give hope to every gamer girl looking for love. b:cute

Or at least me. b:surrender

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How big of a rock? b:chuckle

big enough to split the world from usb:cute
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i might be only 16

but honestly i hate people who bother you with their kids
    like this veno who was like afk in 1 off my TT squads cause she said hey i gotta take care off my kid so she was basicly doing nothing so i asked her do something or leave please you are only slowing this TT down
    then she went all spamming me you know what its like to have a kid and at all then i said no i dont have a kid but i wouldnt bother others with it if i did
    lets just say it didnt end to well and i should have shut my mouth a bit more i guess but the moral off this is dont bother others with your kid

added that my parents dont play online games so they dont really know what im doing here anyway

and to be honest i did got in stituatons that arent to proper for the average kid but well i know how to deall with it and accept it as a fact the people i meet here arent gonna babysit for me not that i need it or want it
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Personally, it all boils down to 1 thing. If your guild has rules about speech/jokes/whatever, follow the rules, or leave. If your guild DOESNT have such rules, dont try to force other members to tone down their speech/jokes/whatever. If youre the adult whos playing the game, then it shouldnt matter the speech/jokes/whatnot. Be an adult, dont start whining at ppl to tone their speech down. If you dont like it, leave and find another guild. If your kid is the one playing this game, and that kid is under 13/14 yrs old, then i have this question for you: WTF are you thinking?! Be an adult, get your kid off the game, and save the rest of us the trouble of babysitting your kid. If your kid is over 14 yrs old, then they'll be hearing worse at school/on tv/on radio/in music. So dont tell us to censor OUR speech for your sense of comfort. Chances are, your kid is in the thick of things, telling crude jokes and cussing with the rest of us. Now, as for racist jokes, and jokes about things like ra.pe and whatnot, those are unacceptable, regardless of the age of the player or the kind of faction you are in. If you want to tell jokes like that, do it in PMs, or leave and make your own faction for that kinda thing. Dont make the rest of us deal with that bulls**t. My 2 cents worth. Take it however you want.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I used to be in RQ wasnt my first faction but w/e. Now, most of the people in RQ knew each other from different games so they would joke around, talk racists stuff, w/e. At first I was shocked and couldn't believe what they were saying but since they knew most of each other then it was okay. The only problems came up, when new people would join and then acted offended over everthing which is understandable, but then you can easily leave. Its not like there is only 1 guild for the whole server. If your friends want to stay in that guild, fine, make new ones in a new guild. Don't drag everyone down by saying oh this offends me, people need to grow up etc. If there are people in your guild that are weird or 'too sexual', chances are, other people notice it too. Stop putting yourself so high and mighty and so stuck up..let loose every once in a while, but not completely .If you dont like something, ignore it or gc for a while, if it happens too often then leave.

About the parent thing, if you let your child play on an MMO, heck even if you let your child surf the web, you will know that they will talk to a multitude of diverse people. This is a person opinion, but dont insult your children if they are above the age of 14 by having them being monitored and stuff. If they come across some pedo online, chance's are your kid will find them creepy...I know I did when I was younger, and if they dont, then you need to take them to a therapist or have a family talk about it. But, your kid is not stupid, I hope they have a good head on them, and if they dont, they shouldnt be playing a MMO. And if you play with your kids on this game, dont breathe down their neck. Sure run HH and instances or lvl together, but dont restrict them to one guild or say dont do this etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i might be only 16

but honestly i hate people who bother you with their kids
    like this veno who was like afk in 1 off my TT squads cause she said hey i gotta take care off my kid so she was basicly doing nothing so i asked her do something or leave please you are only slowing this TT down
    then she went all spamming me you know what its like to have a kid and at all then i said no i dont have a kid but i wouldnt bother others with it if i did
    lets just say it didnt end to well and i should have shut my mouth a bit more i guess but the moral off this is dont bother others with your kid

I don't know, but even parents with kids can play MMOs... as long as the kids are priority. I was in a faction with a lot of adults with kids (I'm kid-less myself) and I can understand when parents have to go AFK to take care of a sick kid, of one that woke up 'cause of nightmares, and so on. And I can't say the ones I knew bothered us with kids.

However, if she was constantly AFK, her priority should have been to be with her kid IMO. Especially young kids and babies... I've heard of (not know, heard of) cases of parents who would at one another to "shut their kid up" because he was crying and it was bothering whichever was at the computer, think it was the father...

RL > Games. Take care of your kids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't know, but even parents with kids can play MMOs... as long as the kids are priority. I was in a faction with a lot of adults with kids (I'm kid-less myself) and I can understand when parents have to go AFK to take care of a sick kid, of one that woke up 'cause of nightmares, and so on. And I can't say the ones I knew bothered us with kids.

However, if she was constantly AFK, her priority should have been to be with her kid IMO. Especially young kids and babies... I've heard of (not know, heard of) cases of parents who would at one another to "shut their kid up" because he was crying and it was bothering whichever was at the computer, think it was the father...

RL > Games. Take care of your kids.

yes she was constantly afk and it was a young kid
    but my point was if you must take care off a kid dont bother others with it a quick afk is something else but this would continue the entire TT
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    no i see what the parents mean. like if your talking about how to make a woman **** in guild chat, that is very inapropriate for the children.
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When everyone in the faction is over 18 years of age, I can let a few things slip. Like why we are suddenly both afk, for "a shower". Am I going into explicit details? No. Just letting them know it might be an hour or two before we get back. Sometimes, "brb" doesn't cut it and they want to know what I am leaving to do.

If you have something that is seriously important and might interrupt at any moment, don't sign up for a TT. A baby, for example. They need to be fed and watched and changed and all kinds of other time consuming and inconvenient things. Babysitting does not mean PWI time. Just PWI money.

Forcing your rules on someone is not the best way to handle things. Would I, personally, try to tone things down, when I know that a specific person or group of people might get truly offended? Yes. Do I expect my wife not to call out a failtard when she sees one? No.

When all else fails, for me, I use less offense words. They aren't completely rude, but the point gets across. Images help, too.

Enjoy this post. d=(^_^)=b
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes it's a game, I understand.. but how I see WC or FC is like this: If you would be in front of a huge crowd, would you tell these things out loud in the microphone?

^ I gotta agree with that 100%...

I don't take offence to what I read in WC or elsewhere, but sometimes it does just make you give your head a shake.

I agree with the folks here who have posted that its all about a little respect. Its not a difficult concept...

It would also seem that a little self-control plays a part. I find it interesting that so many people responding in the thread say they should be able to yell out what ever sort of mind-numbing nonsense they want to the whole server... well, yes, this is true. No one can stop you.. but why do I get the feeling these same people wouldn't walk down the street irl and yell this garbage as loud as they could... just because you are sitting behind a monitor, using anonymity as a shield shouldn't be a license to throw decency out the window... but we all know not to hold our breath about that one..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.