My "Age" ranting...

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Al Quida (sp?) with a slogan of "Join The Cause"?

Al Quida is a terrorist group, and should be in no way, shape or form be allowed in PWI, or any other game for that matter..

The name 'al-Qaeda' was established a long time ago by mere chance. The late Abu Ebeida El-Banashiri who established the training camps for the mujahedeen against Russia's terrorism. They used to call the training camp's al-Qaeda. The name stayed. It simply means "The Base".

(The name comes from the Arabic noun qā'idah, which means foundation or basis and can also refer to a military base. The initial al- is the Arabic definite article the, hence 'the base').

~Saitada
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Saitada is some kind of superhero that fights ignorance in my eyes now b:chuckle
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Saitadas never going to win. Hes gonna get overwhelmed by all the ignorance =)

(and also you could just do a google search)

and spoons lock this thread already. where is he when you need him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Al Quida (sp?) with a slogan of "Join The Cause"?

Al Quida is a terrorist group, and should be in no way, shape or form be allowed in PWI, or any other game for that matter..

....Join the cause....me still see nothing harmful about that.
    The name 'al-Qaeda' was established a long time ago by mere chance. The late Abu Ebeida El-Banashiri who established the training camps for the mujahedeen against Russia's terrorism. They used to call the training camp's al-Qaeda. The name stayed. It simply means "The Base".

(The name comes from the Arabic noun qā'idah, which means foundation or basis and can also refer to a military base. The initial al- is the Arabic definite article the, hence 'the base').

~Saitada

^(o.o)'
    so it be just another form of the words "The Base" in another human tongue...
    and it be offending you?
    (>.<)'
    humans be weird.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    ....Join the cause....me still see nothing harmful about that.

^(o.o)'
    so it be just another form of the words "The Base" in another human tongue...
    and it be offending you?
    (>.<)'
    humans be weird.
    b:surrender

Doesn't offend me. What the group itself does, offends me, but the meaning of the word. Nupe. just air sliding past ones lips. Holds no meaning until we add it to them.

~S
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What the players say and do isn't the staff controlling the players. It's the players themselves and can you really expect the staff to jump on every swear/cuss word? They have bigger things to handle like the next patch, the boutique, hackers, glitches, getting people stuck, etc.

I think you've quite missed the point. The issue isn't necessarily cursing. The sexual chat has got way out of hand on the HT server. Matter of fact I am sending in a screenie right now of someone who currently asked about a b*** **b. That stuff has no place in world chat. If I wanted to see a **** I'd go rent and watch one. I am here to play a game and socially interact with people. Not see make out sessions that are nothing more than a seemingly large chat room that is being paid for.

Sadly, I think the thread is starting to attract trolls. Most of the people in this thread have been serious, expressing their opinion and and ways for people to handle the situations they encounter. Maturity, age, and respect seem to be the key factors. However, I am starting to think that lack of feaer is another. Fox is right that the GM's were once very visible. Now, people joke about them not existing because their presence isn't felt. If a GM sat for a week on the Heaven's Tear server, a fair portion of the players would find themselves chat banned, at the very least. The constant threat of punishment is what keeps many people from breaking a lot of laws.

The maturity to respect other people regardless of your own beliefs (or theirs) is a great thing. Very few seem to possess it. And what most don't realize is the people who are breaking the TOS with the lewd and vulgar sexual chat is likely the 13 and 14 year olds who don't need to be saying it anyways.

Its not that we don't want people to have fun and be themselves, but if what you are about to say would get you jumped or beat up in the streets or in the mall or in the parking lot somewhere then you should keep it to yourself. If they don't wanna hear it there, chances are the majority dont' wanna hear it here either. Really.. is it THAT hard to take that kind of talk to pm's or the chat rooms that PWI clearly provides?
    edited January 2010
    I agree but I see a nonsense about why the language should be "moderated".Most say is because under 15 years kids play so should be common sense not to use a certain language,but then if you go see the age of the ranting people that wc in that said language most are 14-15 years old kids.
    Again WC language is different from faction chat or vent but if I have to respect some rules you as a kid should too:Most important don't ruin some run or start acting weird/go afk and whatever cames in your mind or ext time you use vent you'll need holy water to launch it.b:laugh
  • Blessed__One - Lost City
    Blessed__One - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Mhmm. There are too many kids playing this game and making vulgar comments...so I think the whole "keeping it PG13" is pointless. Even 12 year olds know a lot of sexual terminology, so "keeping it PG13" is just dumb.

Sources: Memories from the past.
    edited January 2010
    Mhmm. There are too many kids playing this game and making vulgar comments...so I think the whole "keeping it PG13" is pointless. Even 12 year olds know a lot of sexual terminology, so "keeping it PG13" is just dumb.

Sources: Memories from the past.

Well 12 year olds aren't supposed to even play this game. Its rated for 13 and up. Why is keeping it PG 13 "dumb". That allows people to freely express themselves in just about any manner they choose while also allowing others to have some code of acceptable conduct.

Are you saying that you can not have a conversation with other people without it being rated R? If that is the case there is a bigger issue here than people asking a reasonable request of PG 13 social chats.
    edited January 2010
    Just to add moar meat:I know the game is mostly usa intended even if it's called International but all those pg13,R,T or whatever censour you have there are meaningless for example me that lives in europe.If one thing we learned here is that prohibiting something only makes it more desired,so yes a pg13 game,film will be seen/played by 10 years old kids etc.Works the same for language they use just because they aren't allowed.It's an old thing but humanity fails to learn.
    edited January 2010
    Just to add moar meat:I know the game is mostly usa intended even if it's called International but all those pg13,R,T or whatever censour you have there are meaningless for example me that lives in europe.If one thing we learned here is that prohibiting something only makes it more desired,so yes a pg13 game,film will be seen/played by 10 years old kids etc.Works the same for language they use just because they aren't allowed.It's an old thing but humanity fails to learn.

Those ratings are put in place to allow parents to know what they might deem acceptable for their children to see. For instance if sleeping beauty was rated X you can assume its NOT going to be something you want to allow your child to watch ... with OR without you.

Sleeping beauty rated PG allows parents to know that while parental guidance is suggested, the movie would be fine for most children.

Regardless of weather or not it is more desired by children b/c of its rating. A 12 year old child isn't going to be able to get into a PG 13 movie without a parent. Likewise a child aged 16 can't get into a movie rated R as you MUST be aged 17 or higher to get into that movie. There may be theaters that play rated X movies I've never seen them nor do I even know what they would put the age limit as.

Humanity doesn't fail to learn it, they try to prevent it. Think about the effects of a child seeing a violent act at the age of 6 and seeing that same violent act at the age of 13 or better yet the age of 18. Which aged child do you think would be more traumatized for life? The child who seen it at the youngest age. Just because eventually you might be exposed to something doesn't mean its ok to be exposed to it at any age. Therefore the prevention of children who are 10 getting into rated PG 13 movies without parental guidance.

Either way you look at it, one extremist of society is pushing to let children stay kids, while the other extremist is saying; **** it they will be exposed at some age so let us act how we want. There is also those in between. The question is, which one do you believe will make a more productive, stable society?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Alright folks, time for me to weigh in on this with some actual constructive discussion. Please nobody have a Heart attack, I don't want your death on my conscious.

1) Most kids today in the United States are exceedingly aware of the less than savory aspects of the human vocabulary (I myself was cussing by 1st grade and had suspensions for doing it). If they are not hearing it first hand from their parents, or their peers, they are hearing it in stores, malls, television, movies etc.

2) Assuming your 'precious angel' doesn't know these words intimately and on a first hand basis is foolish and shows that you as a parent or adult is more naive than your child is.

3) In today's society, the national media (beginning with that box in your home plugged into the wall that streams that 'instant baby sitter'.. just turn on the power), has been displaying violence, and foul language, blood, guts and gore to your 'precious angel' since the day you first sat them in front of it and turned on a cartoon to keep them occupied while you went and cooked dinner.

4) Cartoon violence includes visual language (%^$#@%$) that is suggestive of cursing. When they hear you say 'GD it!" or other curse words when you hurt yourself, or see their friends do it, or other adults do it, the association is made in their subconscious and conscious minds that this (^%%$##^#) and this (GD It!) are the same thing. Ask your children what they think these symbols mean %$#@%# over a cartoons head. They will likely say something like "oh they are mad" or "oh it's a bad word".

That is where it starts.

Now that brings me to this game. A game that is designed for individuals age 13+ and where they would prefer that the players are 18+ (money spenders). These are individuals already well steeped into a society where language of all shades, has become increasingly dark.

When I lived in Georgia my g/f at the time had two kids. A 14 yr old Daughter and an 11 year old son. Guess who cussed more. Yup, the 14 yr old daughter. The 11 yr old was just starting to cuss and was using the 'light' words like D It! etc. Their mother didn't cuss. I never heard her swear the entire time we were together. Where did the kids learn it if not from their mother (at her request I made a conscious effort NOT to swear around her children... I DO have SOME respect for others)...

Again, yes you guessed it. From the Media, Games, their friends, and other adults.

So here in lies the crux of the problem. You have Teens, and young adults growing up in an environment virtually and literally overflowing with curse words. They hear them every day. It has become part and parcel of their generation. You have other people like me, at 45, that has been cussing from an early age (like most people my age have done... although to a greater or lesser degree depending on the person, environment they grew up in, area of the country etc).

The fact is, that while they 'shouldn't' be cursing in the game they are going to because to them (and to a lot of us adults that play) cussing is simply another part of our conversation. It is like the word 'this' This is a part of everyone's normal everyday conversation. For many of us, using the f-bomb etc is a normal part of our everyday conversation as well.

So reality is. While it shouldn't be done, get used to it because that is just how it is. You crying and whining on the forums about it, is about as likely to accomplish getting them to stop doing it as trying to demolish the Hoover damn with a toothpick.

~Saitada
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Basically what Im saying is that it doesnt affect the "children" as much as you people think it does.

As a parent myself, i'm inclined to agree with this. Unlike many of the people i've seen posting here, my wife and i are smart enough to realize that our kids are not going to turn out as perfect little angels. Granted, we do the best we can to make sure they turn out as "good", well adjusted adults, but we can't monitor EVERYTHING they say and do. It's my experience (in real life at least) that 10-19 year olds these days tend to be more foul-mouthed and disrespectful of others than their 20+ counterparts.

Personally, i don't give a s*** if my kids learn swear words. (actually taught my 4 year old daughter to tell my wife to p*ss off as a joke) What i DO care about however, is how they interact with others. I don't want them growing up to be a-holes. Yes, i swear quite a bit in my normal language. Yes, i make crude jokes that could be considered offensive to some people. However, i don't do this to offend anyone, and i'm actually quite careful about the company in which i do it. I'm generally a nice guy, and very easy to get along with.

In any case, i'm rambling, so i suppose i should make a point sometime soon. I guess my point is really this:

Parents: stop trying to pretend that you are in control of your child's life. Lighten up a little bit. Attempts to guide your children rather than manipulating them and bludgeoning them with rules produces much better results.

Kids: Don't be a-holes. Treat people how you would like to be treated or i'll be laughing my **** off when karma bites u in the ****. And learn to swear. The more creatively the better. You might need it someday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
    edited January 2010
    For example call venos:"Tails for brains" great curse from nwn2 b:victory
    edited January 2010
    Alright folks, time for me to weigh in on this with some actual constructive discussion. Please nobody have a Heart attack, I don't want your death on my conscious.

1) Most kids today in the United States are exceedingly aware of the less than savory aspects of the human vocabulary (I myself was cussing by 1st grade and had suspensions for doing it). If they are not hearing it first hand from their parents, or their peers, they are hearing it in stores, malls, television, movies etc.

2) Assuming your 'precious angel' doesn't know these words intimately and on a first hand basis is foolish and shows that you as a parent or adult is more naive than your child is.

3) In today's society, the national media (beginning with that box in your home plugged into the wall that streams that 'instant baby sitter'.. just turn on the power), has been displaying violence, and foul language, blood, guts and gore to your 'precious angel' since the day you first sat them in front of it and turned on a cartoon to keep them occupied while you went and cooked dinner.

4) Cartoon violence includes visual language (%^$#@%$) that is suggestive of cursing. When they hear you say 'GD it!" or other curse words when you hurt yourself, or see their friends do it, or other adults do it, the association is made in their subconscious and conscious minds that this (^%%$##^#) and this (GD It!) are the same thing. Ask your children what they think these symbols mean %$#@%# over a cartoons head. They will likely say something like "oh they are mad" or "oh it's a bad word".

That is where it starts.

Now that brings me to this game. A game that is designed for individuals age 13+ and where they would prefer that the players are 18+ (money spenders). These are individuals already well steeped into a society where language of all shades, has become increasingly dark.

When I lived in Georgia my g/f at the time had two kids. A 14 yr old Daughter and an 11 year old son. Guess who cussed more. Yup, the 14 yr old daughter. The 11 yr old was just starting to cuss and was using the 'light' words like D It! etc. Their mother didn't cuss. I never heard her swear the entire time we were together. Where did the kids learn it if not from their mother (at her request I made a conscious effort NOT to swear around her children... I DO have SOME respect for others)...

Again, yes you guessed it. From the Media, Games, their friends, and other adults.

So here in lies the crux of the problem. You have Teens, and young adults growing up in an environment virtually and literally overflowing with curse words. They hear them every day. It has become part and parcel of their generation. You have other people like me, at 45, that has been cussing from an early age (like most people my age have done... although to a greater or lesser degree depending on the person, environment they grew up in, area of the country etc).

The fact is, that while they 'shouldn't' be cursing in the game they are going to because to them (and to a lot of us adults that play) cussing is simply another part of our conversation. It is like the word 'this' This is a part of everyone's normal everyday conversation. For many of us, using the f-bomb etc is a normal part of our everyday conversation as well.

So reality is. While it shouldn't be done, get used to it because that is just how it is. You crying and whining on the forums about it, is about as likely to accomplish getting them to stop doing it as trying to demolish the Hoover damn with a toothpick.

~Saitada

I missed you saying anywhere in there that you felt it was ok and socially acceptable for anyone (adult or otherwise) to talk about sexual acts. Which leads me to believe that you do not feel it is acceptable for people to talk about it in world chat or even regular chat for that matter. As this may not be directed at me and at the OP instead, my complaint is of the numerous vulgar and lewd sexual acts that continue to be world chatted on the HT server.

Cursing is one thing, its not explicit; although I personally think certain words can be censored out better I live with it and it doesn't personally bother me like the explicit "adult" talk does.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, and likely you will return this post with one badgering me about my personal beliefs and how wrong and ignorant I am..

But I believe that there is a time and place for certain conversations and in world chat of an mmo isn't the place to hold conversations that should be set forth in pm or in the bedroom of your own home.

I also believe that the fact that society in itself is increasingly getting a "who cares" "its the 90's" "lighten up" attitude is why crime, ****, robbery, homicide and other less than great reasons to be in prison continue to get increasingly worse with every decade. 100 years ago it was taboo for women to talk out of place especially in presence of a man. 50 years ago not only are we talking we are gaining rights. An equal balance perhaps. Now it is ok for there to be bratty, theiving, backtalking, hateful, (replace any crime here)children/teens/adults. Respect has left the world....some of us are just hopeful that eventually something will bring some of it back.
    As a parent myself, i'm inclined to agree with this. Unlike many of the people i've seen posting here, my wife and i are smart enough to realize that our kids are not going to turn out as perfect little angels. Granted, we do the best we can to make sure they turn out as "good", well adjusted adults, but we can't monitor EVERYTHING they say and do. It's my experience (in real life at least) that 10-19 year olds these days tend to be more foul-mouthed and disrespectful of others than their 20+ counterparts.

Personally, i don't give a s*** if my kids learn swear words. (actually taught my 4 year old daughter to tell my wife to p*ss off as a joke) What i DO care about however, is how they interact with others. I don't want them growing up to be a-holes. Yes, i swear quite a bit in my normal language. Yes, i make crude jokes that could be considered offensive to some people. However, i don't do this to offend anyone, and i'm actually quite careful about the company in which i do it. I'm generally a nice guy, and very easy to get along with.

In any case, i'm rambling, so i suppose i should make a point sometime soon. I guess my point is really this:

Parents: stop trying to pretend that you are in control of your child's life. Lighten up a little bit. Attempts to guide your children rather than manipulating them and bludgeoning them with rules produces much better results.

Kids: Don't be a-holes. Treat people how you would like to be treated or i'll be laughing my **** off when karma bites u in the ****. And learn to swear. The more creatively the better. You might need it someday.

I don't expect my kids to be angels either. But I do expect them to be respectful of the other people around them. There are times and places for things. Inside the house of God during a wedding probably isn't the appropriate time to start cursing. Just like on the playground at your childs school during recess isnt the appropriate time to take off your pants.

Respecting other people is so easy to do. It takes minimal effort of yourself.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ill say it again. Im 14 and you dont see me running around screaming about sex cause its "socially acceptable".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    I don't expect my kids to be angels either. But I do expect them to be respectful of the other people around them.

Isn't that basically what i said? If misinterprated, sorry...this is pretty much what i meant.
    There are times and places for things. Inside the house of God during a wedding probably isn't the appropriate time to start cursing. Just like on the playground at your childs school during recess isnt the appropriate time to take off your pants.

Respecting other people is so easy to do. It takes minimal effort of yourself.

I agree, there is certainly a time and place for such things. While i may not agree with your concept of "god", i agree with the basic principal of what you're saying. Respect is important.

@ the person who requested thread to be closed: i'm glad they didn't. i think this is a good topic, and i'm glad i got to read other people's opinions and make my own known.

@ Saitada: some good posts in here, and i love ur sig btw. b:chuckle

@ Hydra: i'm not saying all adolescents do it, just making a point. btw, i like ur sig too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
    edited January 2010
    Isn't that basically what i said? If misinterprated, sorry...this is pretty much what i meant.

I agree, there is certainly a time and place for such things. While i may not agree with your concept of "god", i agree with the basic principal of what you're saying. Respect is important.

@ the person who requested thread to be closed: i'm glad they didn't. i think this is a good topic, and i'm glad i got to read other people's opinions and make my own known.

@ Saitada: some good posts in here, and i love ur sig btw. b:chuckle

@ Hydra: i'm not saying all adolescents do it, just making a point. btw, i like ur sig too.

AS long as people keep it collected and aren't flaming each other they have no reason to close this thread. I think its very good debate if you will about the diversity of different cultures, walks of life, and upbringings.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it "right" and just b/c I have one too doesn't make it "wrong". Everyone has different beliefs on the subject.

Its not up to me to force my beliefs on you, but I can express how I personally feel about something. And as long as people continue to do it in an adult manner there is no harm done.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Certainly not the worst way to relieve the boredom at work. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im a mother of 2. My kids hear cussing. I've explained to them when they are adults they make their own choices, but Im their parent and expect them not to use those words.

As far as when they are old enough to be on a game like this... cussing happens, the chats that get to me are the ones that teach a 13/14 year old something they don't need to learn in a game. VERY VERY detailed sexual things. And I have seen it many many times.

On the same hand I've been asked to stop my conversations many times because they have offended other people, and I usually do. We have forgotten that vital thing called respect. Be it a religious conversation, a sexual one, rasict or just some general topic you would think wouldn't offend anyone. We need to function as a whole as a server as much as a faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I missed you saying anywhere in there that you felt it was ok and socially acceptable for anyone (adult or otherwise) to talk about sexual acts. Which leads me to believe that you do not feel it is acceptable for people to talk about it in world chat or even regular chat for that matter. As this may not be directed at me and at the OP instead, my complaint is of the numerous vulgar and lewd sexual acts that continue to be world chatted on the HT server.

I didn't address that issue because I agree with you that that type of behavior is not appropriate. Sexual acts and behavior should be kept private, between two individuals (or more if that is your thing) not broadcast for the world to see. Those who do it, should be banned and lose their accounts in my mind.

Cursing though, I don't see as worth getting upset with, but that is my own feelings for that area of the issue.

~Saitada
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Im a mother of 2. My kids hear cussing. I've explained to them when they are adults they make their own choices, but Im their parent and expect them not to use those words.

As far as when they are old enough to be on a game like this... cussing happens, the chats that get to me are the ones that teach a 13/14 year old something they don't need to learn in a game. VERY VERY detailed sexual things. And I have seen it many many times.

On the same hand I've been asked to stop my conversations many times because they have offended other people, and I usually do. We have forgotten that vital thing called respect. Be it a religious conversation, a sexual one, rasict or just some general topic you would think wouldn't offend anyone. We need to function as a whole as a server as much as a faction.

Yes, the sexually explicit stuff should indeed be forgone. It seems too many adults forget that there ARE kids playing this game as well. (and if it is the kids saying it in this case, that's just a bit disturbing)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010

SEE!! I am seeing more and more people from other servers think we are fruit loops. Like people are just saying I love you on w/c and we are going bonkers. More and more I see on here that it would appear heaven's tear is the only place the explicit sexual talk is happening.

In all seriousness maybe the GM's need to hang out on our server a lil more to handle this it really had got out of control.

@Saitada I am glad to see that as much as you irritate me when it comes to subjects that really do matter it can be treated bigger than trolling/flaming. Thanks for that.

@the poster above me, yes. It is very disturbing that a lot of the "adult" chat is children. I can't raise someone else's child, but I can give their child the same respect I'd give my own; and hope that it has some positive influence and it matters.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Never played on HT, so i have no clue what ur WC is like. Unfortunately, ours has been reading more and more like a singles chat/place to exchange insults. And yes, sometimes it gets a bit graphic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    I'll start a movement on DW called " Bann the kids not the language" :Damn kids,they are evil I tell you.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    LOL Franz (nice name btw)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wow this topic has gone for long.
    anyways, people should stop acting snobish and mind their own business. Im really sorry not all of us can be as refined and mannered as you.stop being sissysb:bye
  • Fastu - Raging Tide
    Fastu - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010

i'm agree with that, but, with the childrens using Internet these days, 80% of the childs watch hardcore **** websites, i mean, it's a little bit wrong to let 13/14 kids to watch this kind of things in a game, but there's worst things to care about than a chat and some bikini things...
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wow this topic has gone for long.
    anyways, people should stop acting snobish and mind their own business. Im really sorry not all of us can be as refined and mannered as you.stop being sissysb:bye

It's not about being a sissy, it's about respect, which both parties lack. The ones who try to regulate every little thing, such as a new faction member trying to tone down everyone's language even when they were WARNED it was unrated, are as guilty as the ones who swear every 2 words just to **** people off.

So in other words, and I will agree with this, people need to mind their own business sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    People need to get over it, if you dont like it ignore it or move away, you have no right to tell people what they can and cannot do, seriously who do you think you are? Some people are up-tight, some people don't, some people are brought up surrounded by bubble wrap, some people are dragged up, everyone is different and has different like the idiot who argues with every post i make.

Anyway there isn't much anyone could do about it. If we had a GM monitor the server's who is to say they wont be laid back and laugh along with the jokes equally they cud be up-tight and wave the ban hammer at everyone.

You can make more posts and more threads till you bore yourself stupid but you wont change anyone, has the post honestly effected anyone and make them think omg i've got to change my ways i've seen the light. I know it hasn't changed my views or opinions.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
This discussion has been closed.